PDA

View Full Version : The Packers Are Dropping The Ball

Partial
07-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Talk about disrespect.

This should have been taken care of weeks ago. They're taking their sweet time and are screwing over Brett Favre. Without Favre, who knows if TT would have a job, or hell, even if the Packers organization would still exist in Wisconsin.

What a slap in the face. Trade him to the Vikes for a 2 if you're Teddy T and be done with it. If A-Rod is so good and you're so confident that you're moving on, you shouldn't have any fear of being destroyed by the Vikes twice annually.

Zool
07-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Trade him to the Vikes for a 2 if you're Teddy T and be done with it. If A-Rod is so good and you're so confident that you're moving on, you shouldn't have any fear of being destroyed by the Vikes twice annually.

If you honestly believe this, then you lose tons of credibility. He wont trade a starting QB in the division because he's afraid? That's just stupid P. In every sport you don't assist your rivals in getting better. You don't help a team in your own division get stronger because a player says so. I dont give 2 shits if this was Walter Peyton, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders etc. YOU DONT TRADE TO YOUR OWN DIVISION. That should be clear enough for you. You really should stop this line of thinking. Its not gaining you anything.

Brando19
07-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Trade him to the Vikes for a 2 if you're Teddy T and be done with it. If A-Rod is so good and you're so confident that you're moving on, you shouldn't have any fear of being destroyed by the Vikes twice annually.

If you honestly believe this, then you lose tons of credibility. He wont trade a starting QB in the division because he's afraid? That's just stupid P. In every sport you don't assist your rivals in getting better. You don't help a team in your own division get stronger because a player says so. I dont give 2 shits if this was Walter Peyton, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders etc. YOU DONT TRADE TO YOUR OWN DIVISION. That should be clear enough for you. You really should stop this line of thinking. Its not gaining you anything.

Agreed.

packers11
Talk about disrespect.

This should have been taken care of weeks ago. They're taking their sweet time and are screwing over Brett Favre. Without Favre, who knows if TT would have a job, or hell, even if the Packers organization would still exist in Wisconsin.

What a slap in the face. Trade him to the Vikes for a 2 if you're Teddy T and be done with it. If A-Rod is so good and you're so confident that you're moving on, you shouldn't have any fear of being destroyed by the Vikes twice annually.

totally agree...

TRADE HIM TO THE VIKINGS T.T... I mean if you think A-Rod is the best man for the team right now, then you shouldn't worry about trading Favre to the Vikings... correct??? I mean you could just embarass him twice a year??? RIGHT?!?!?

I think Ted knows Favre still has a lot left in him, he wouldn't dare trade him to the Vikings.

But I was thinking. How stupid is Ted to trade him to Tampa? This is the same team that made the playoffs last year with a dominant defense. If Favre somehow meets the PACKERS in the playoffs this year and we lose to Tampa Fucking Bay, he will have a lot of explaining to do...

Partial

It was an example. It's a slap in the face to make Favre miss camp. Period. Get the trade done TT. My guess is we haven't seen a trade is because TT wants a kings ransom simply so no one trades for Favre. He doesn't want him to play period.

What a sick human. I think he's jealous.

Zool
07-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Well you've actually been saying this for quite a few days now. I don't care if/where Brett plays next year so long as its not the Vikings, Bears or Lions. I would prefer he play in GB, but this has gone too far now IMO to come to a peaceful resolution.

I'd really prefer a team that doesnt play the Packers this season, but thats not likely with the Jets seemingly out of the picture.

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:03 PM

It was an example. It's a slap in the face to make Favre miss camp. Period. Get the trade done TT. My guess is we haven't seen a trade is because TT wants a kings ransom simply so no one trades for Favre. He doesn't want him to play period.

Amusing.
Yes, of course Thompson wants the Packers to be a poor team so he can be fired. He wants to 'get' Favre at all costs.
Do you ever read your own twaddle?

packers11
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Patler is 50% correct... Ted doesn't want Favre to play ANYWHERE...

Can you see it now???

Favre and his 'new' team goes farther in the playoffs than the Packers...

Oh would ESPN eat it up...

Then imagine if Favre and his new team (TB) beat the Packers in the playoffs... Ted would be in DEEP SHIT

boiga
07-27-2008, 02:05 PM

What a sick human. I think he's jealous.But it's Favre holding out on the trade. He doesn't want to play for the Bucs or jets who are the only teams willing to give up anything for him. There's no king's ransom involved here because Favre doesn't want the teams that want him.

Sigh... I wish Ted would give up the high road and tell us what his side of that conversation was.

The Leaper
07-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Patler is 50% correct... Ted doesn't want Favre to play ANYWHERE...

I agree.

Thompson was hoping to force Favre into retirement...but it doesn't seem to be working.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Amusing.
Yes, of course Thompson wants the Packers to be a poor team so he can be fired. He wants to 'get' Favre at all costs.

TT clearly would rather stroke his ego and put an 10-6 team and get all the credit for building the team than let the old dogs like Ron Wolfe and Brett Favre get credit for being the biggest and best player on the team.

Hello, how can anyone argue that Favre played lights out last year? He played as good of a season as a quarterback can play. And TT doesn't want him back.

I'll let you figure that one out because it perplexs me. If the shareholders had any say at all, TT would have been fired already for this. Unfortunately, evidently no one is held accountable for their actions.

Zool
07-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I'll let you figure that one out because it perplexs me. If the shareholders had any say at all, TT would have been fired already for this. Unfortunately, evidently no one is held accountable for their actions.

You mean the ones that, by all reports, clapped and cheered at the shareholders meeting? Are you sure you're not projecting your own bias into the situation?

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:16 PM

You mean the ones that, by all reports, clapped and cheered at the shareholders meeting? Are you sure you're not projecting your own bias into the situation?

No, 50% cheered and 50% booed. I am sure many more didn't boo out of respect, despite their desire to.

Even so, having 50% of your supporters pissed should get you fired. If this was Steve Jobs or Michael Dell they would have been canned.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:29 PM
One thing that all the single-track thinking JustinHarrell's of the world are forgetting is what a slap in the face this is to the Mark Tauscher's, Chad Clifton's, Donald Driver's, Al Harris' and Chuck Woodson's of the organization.

These are the best players on the team, and also some of the oldest. These guys are the players that will determine the success or the failure of the team. Consequently, these are the special players that are quickly approaching the downside of their career and they deserve a chance to play for a super bowl after sticking with the Packers through the 4-12 and then the 8-8 season.

This team will make the playoffs with Favre. With A-Rod as the starter, it's certainly not a sure thing and one could argue its actually very unlikely.

The team should handle this by gathering these players up in a room and taking a vote as to what they want to do and who they want to start at Quarterback. Obviously, the result will be Favre, because these guys don't necessarily have 3-4 years for A-Rod to learn how to A) Stay healthy, B) gain some experience/not suck

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Amusing.

TT clearly would rather stroke his ego and put an 10-6 team and get all the credit for building the team than let the old dogs like Ron Wolfe and Brett Favre get credit for being the biggest and best player on the team.

Hello, how can anyone argue that Favre played lights out last year? He played as good of a season as a quarterback can play. And TT doesn't want him back.

I'll let you figure that one out because it perplexs me. If the shareholders had any say at all, TT would have been fired already for this. Unfortunately, evidently no one is held accountable for their actions

Ummmm... someone IS being held accountable for his actions.
And you don't seem to like it.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
How? He retired and decided to come back? What did he do that is so bad? Reggie White did it, MJ did it, etc. It's not an uncommon thing at all. What is uncommon is the team not taking back the player, especially when they have gave it their all for them AND are one of, if not the best players in the league.

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
One thing that all the single-track thinking JustinHarrell's of the world are forgetting is what a slap in the face this is to the Mark Tauscher's, Chad Clifton's, Donald Driver's, Al Harris' and Chuck Woodson's of the organization.
These are the best players on the team, and also some of the oldest. These guys are the players that will determine the success or the failure of the team. Consequently, these are the special players that are quickly approaching the downside of their career and they deserve a chance to play for a super bowl after sticking with the Packers through the 4-12 and then the 8-8 season.

This team will make the playoffs with Favre. With A-Rod as the starter, it's certainly not a sure thing and one could argue its actually very unlikely.

The team should handle this by gathering these players up in a room and taking a vote as to what they want to do and who they want to start at Quarterback. Obviously, the result will be Favre, because these guys don't necessarily have 3-4 years for A-Rod to learn how to A) Stay healthy, B) gain some experience/not suck

What is the record for most "slaps in the face" claimed by a poster?
Everyone not bowing at the Favre altar seems to be supporting slaps in the face - now to an ever expanding portion of the team.

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
How? He retired and decided to come back? What did he do that is so bad? Reggie White did it, MJ did it, etc. It's not an uncommon thing at all. What is uncommon is the team not taking back the player, especially when they have gave it their all for them AND are one of, if not the best players in the league.

The diva "you have to beg me" yearly held the team accountable.
Favre finally went to the well once to often with that bit, encountered strength, forced the team to make new plans, and now is crying.
That's how.

svh1962
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM

No, 50% cheered and 50% booed. I am sure many more didn't boo out of respect, despite their desire to.

Even so, having 50% of your supporters pissed should get you fired. If this was Steve Jobs or Michael Dell they would have been canned.

I was at the shareholders meeting and it when some of the people started to boo, just about everyone else cheered loudly and gave TT a standing ovation. I would say that it was 80% cheering and 20% booing with the people who were booing being drowned out by the people who were cheering.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Shadow - Do you think this whole mess might make the teams veteran players concerned that they might soon lose their starting gigs even while playing at a high level?

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM

Everyone not bowing at the Favre altar seems to be supporting slaps in the face - now to an ever expanding portion of the team.

Um? What?

The point is those players are having their window for a super bowl despite being as close as a team can be slammed shut without any input from them.

They have an excellent shot at being the champions of the world with Favre at QB. With A-Rod, well, lets just say I would say they at best end up 9-7 this year.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM

I was at the shareholders meeting and it when some of the people started to boo, just about everyone else cheered loudly and gave TT a standing ovation. I would say that it was 80% cheering and 20% booing with the people who were booing being drowned out by the people who were cheering.

Other posters and columnists have commented it was 50-50. I will take their word.

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Shadow - Do you think this whole mess might make the teams veteran players concerned that they might soon lose their starting gigs even while playing at a high level?

mad, if I was a GM I'd start the year by informing every player that they would have a job only until I could find an equal replacement at a cheaper price.
Everyone would be completely equal in that way.
It's heartless, I suppose, but it keeps the good of the many over the good of the individual, and I think St. Vince would agree.

svh1962
07-27-2008, 02:43 PM

That is fine but the people who cheered were clearly louder than the people who booed.

Other posters and columnists have commented it was 50-50. I will take their word.

Gunakor
07-27-2008, 02:43 PM

He's already learned how to not suck. He's not going to learn how to stay healthy, he either is going to stay healthy or he won't. This is football for crying out loud. Injuries happen. As far as experience goes, how much experience did Tom Brady or Ben Rothlisberger have before they won thier first SB? Were they groomed for years before becoming the starter? I think Rodgers is as prepared as either of those two were, and the team around him is just as good. I see no reason why good things just can't happen with Rodgers under center.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:45 PM

mad, if I was a GM I'd start the year by informing every player that they would have a job only until I could find an equal replacement at a cheaper price.
It's heartless, I suppose, but it keeps the good of the many over the good of the individual, and I think St. Vince would agree.

Wait wait wait... so why is it OK in your eyes that Favre can be replaced with a player that is modestly cheaper and 1/5 the player?!?

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:46 PM

He's already learned how to not suck. He's not going to learn how to stay healthy, he either is going to stay healthy or he won't. This is football for crying out loud. Injuries happen. As far as experience goes, how much experience did Tom Brady or Ben Rothlisberger have before they won thier first SB? Were they groomed for years before becoming the starter? I think Rodgers is as prepared as either of those two were, and the team around him is just as good. I see no reason why good things just can't happen with Rodgers under center.

Equally prepared, sure. Equally talented? Highly unlikely, even if he does eventually become an above average NFL qb. Those guys are bad examples because they're both in the top 6 QBs in the league and rare talents.

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 02:47 PM

Um? What?

The point is those players are having their window for a super bowl despite being as close as a team can be slammed shut without any input from them.
They have an excellent shot at being the champions of the world with Favre at QB. With A-Rod, well, lets just say I would say they at best end up 9-7 this year.

WHAT????? Have the passengers vote on the altitude the pilot should fly at!
Have the hospital orderlies vote on how the doctor should remove your gallbladder!
Players get paid to play!
Management gets paid to manage!
I half-believe you don't really believe the stuff you preach yourself.

Zool

Well thats open minded of you. I'd really like to see any examples of this 50/50 claim because you're the first one I've seen it from.

Partial
GBM posted it.

gex
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing P, that would be another hands down win by Favre. How any of those players can respect Annoited Aaron for never competing for the job I don't know. They just see him as TT's pet.

Zool
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
GBM posted it.

Wasn't she here posting during the meeting saying that she couldn't make it? And that someone else from the forum was going to be there. He in turn posted about 10 minutes later stating that he couldn't make it either.

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:49 PM
GBM posted it.

Wasn't she here posting during the meeting saying that she couldn't make it? And that someone else from the forum was going to be there. He in turn posted about 10 minutes later stating that he couldn't make it either.

maybe it wasn't her? I don't remember. I thought it was. I know I read it here.

gex
07-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Every report I seen or heard said 50-50

Gunakor
07-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Equally prepared, sure. Equally talented? Highly unlikely, even if he does eventually become an above average NFL qb. Those guys are bad examples because they're both in the top 6 QBs in the league and rare talents.

That's just it Partial. You don't know that Rodgers isn't a top 6 QB. Neither do I. You are just assuming he isn't because you haven't seen him do it yet. Do you think Steelers fans thought Big Ben was a top 6 QB when he took the reins? How many Patriots fans we're clammoring for Tom Brady, a 6th round draft pick, over Drew Bledsoe in Brady's rookie season? I'm guessing not very many, not until they saw what they could do anyway. How about we hold off judgement until we see what Rodgers can do?

Partial
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM

That's just it Partial. You don't know that Rodgers isn't a top 6 QB. Neither do I. You are just assuming he isn't because you haven't seen him do it yet. Do you think Steelers fans thought Big Ben was a top 6 QB when he took the reins? How many Patriots fans we're clammoring for Tom Brady, a 6th round draft pick, over Drew Bledsoe in Brady's rookie season? I'm guessing not very many, not until they saw what they could do anyway. How about we hold off judgement until we see what Rodgers can do?

Right, and those quarterbacks defied the overwhelming odds of NOT being a great player.

Certainly the odds are against A-Rod. Maybe he'll be a great player. But I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a weak maybe versus a guaranteed sure bet.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2008, 02:53 PM

It's heartless, I suppose, but it keeps the good of the many over the good of the individual, and I think St. Vince would agree.See that wouldn't work in today's NFL IMO. At that rate no player would play past his 30th bday. Careers would end sooner so players would demand more $$$ at a younger age.

I dont know much about Lombardi other than what you older homies say but I think he would say fuck coaching the way the NFL is today.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2008, 02:54 PM
GBM posted it.Yeah but she also post ass-shots of dudes so she cant be trusted.

Packerarcher
07-27-2008, 03:03 PM

Amusing.

Shadow,talk about the fire hydrant pissing on the dog. Do YOU read every thing you write. Just being old and typing doesn't make it ALL wisdom.

Gunakor
07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Right, and those quarterbacks defied the overwhelming odds of NOT being a great player.

Certainly the odds are against A-Rod. Maybe he'll be a great player. But I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a weak maybe versus a guaranteed sure bet.

Rodgers is in a better position to defy those odds than either of those two were. They were able to overcome that, and there's no reason Rodgers can't/shouldn't.

I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a 39 year old QB who hasn't seen a super bowl in over a decade vs. a 25 year old QB with loads of potential and a hunger that's been building for three years.

Partial
07-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Rodgers is in a better position to defy those odds than either of those two were. They were able to overcome that, and there's no reason Rodgers can't/shouldn't.

I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a 39 year old QB who hasn't seen a super bowl in over a decade vs. a 25 year old QB with loads of potential and a hunger that's been building for three years.

I respectfully disagree. The Packers had a great deal of success with a superstar at quarterback. Those other teams showed they were very good and capable of dominating the opposition with an average starter. Those players put them over the top.

We have no idea how good this team is. Favre is a known entity and superstar that commands so much attention from the defense it opened up plenty of other facets of the offense. I'm really not sure what to expect without Favre under center. My guess is the offense will not be nearly as effective, though.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Rodgers is in a better position to defy those odds than either of those two were. They were able to overcome that, and there's no reason Rodgers can't/shouldn't.I agree that there is no reason Rodgers cant and shouldnt succeed. The team is built to win now and if they dont the blame will likely deservedly fall square on his shoulders.

Gunakor
07-27-2008, 03:26 PM

I respectfully disagree. The Packers had a great deal of success with a superstar at quarterback. Those other teams showed they were very good and capable of dominating the opposition with an average starter. Those players put them over the top.

We have no idea how good this team is. Favre is a known entity and superstar that commands so much attention from the defense it opened up plenty of other facets of the offense. I'm really not sure what to expect without Favre under center. My guess is the offense will not be nearly as effective, though.

So, simply put, you are afraid of the unknown. Gotcha. No problem with that. I guess I'm just not afraid of change, because I realize the potential that change brings. No disrespect to Favre, but the fact of the matter is he hasn't been spectacular in January over the past decade. So, assuming that the team surrounding the QB is good enough to get to the postseason even with Rodgers at QB, change could mean getting over that hump. I mean, I'd assume a 25 year old body could handle the brutal cold better than a 39 year old body could. I'm not claiming I know for certain, but I'm eager to see for myself.

In any case, the youth movement that has been taking place in Green Bay recently has brought a 4-12 football team all the way to the NFCC in 2 years time. The young guys know how to play. Rodgers can too, so let's see what they can do together. I'm excited about it.

BZnDallas
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
GUNAKOR!!!!.... how dare you make sooo much sense... i mean its absurd of you to bring that kind of genius to the table when i have to read all this other bs people like to type...

:bclap:

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 10:09 PM

Certainly the odds are against A-Rod. Maybe he'll be a great player. But I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a weak maybe versus a guaranteed sure bet.Brett's not a guaranteed sure bet. Nothing is a guarantee. Brett said it himself.

Partial
07-27-2008, 10:12 PM

Certainly the odds are against A-Rod. Maybe he'll be a great player. But I'm unwilling to hedge my super bowl dreams on a weak maybe versus a guaranteed sure bet.Brett's not a guaranteed sure bet. Nothing is a guarantee. Brett said it himself.

Brett played lights out last year. What reason is there to think he won't do it again? He's in great shape and as healthy as ever. Mort has seen him chuck some "rocket balls" evidently. Favre himself has said he will stop playing when he doesn't have it any more. Clearly, he knows his abilities best and still thinks he can play at an ultra high level.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Someone send Partial a Rodgers jersey already so he can stop fucking freaking out about this already.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 07:46 AM

I agree but as TT drags another one out he will paint himself into a corner. TT just has to get past himself Zool. TT is setting up again to be his own worst enemy.

Brett Favre has played it just right right to date, as REALITY suggests to this Packer fan. Brett Favre is no man's fool. Ted Thompson doesn't do well when the heat is on...he freezes up. We've seen evidence of that time after time.

Brett Favre should advise him again. TT needs to listen for Ted Thompson. :D

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Someone send Partial a Rodgers jersey already so he can stop fucking freaking out about this already.

Someone send Partial a Rodgers jersey already so he can stop fucking freaking out about this already. SkinBasket

so he can stop fucking freaking out SkinBasket

stop fucking freaking SkinBasket

stop fucking SkinBasket

fucking SkinBasket

NOT judging you SkinBasket, just wondering man.

What in any thing proper on a forum that includes decent people ( WOMEN and MEN ) that have decent manners, is that accomplishging for YOUR credibility and respect here? You man!

Does this ' just maybe ' suggest ' a better way'? I'm on 'your side ' skinBasket. . . I'm your friend. :D

My name is Ed. woodbuck27

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 08:03 AM

Brett played lights out last year. What reason is there to think he won't do it again? He's in great shape and as healthy as ever. Mort has seen him chuck some "rocket balls" evidently. Favre himself has said he will stop playing when he doesn't have it any more. Clearly, he knows his abilities best and still thinks he can play at an ultra high level.So what? WInning the Super Bowl is no guarantee with or without Favre. Just ask Tom BRady how his Super Bowl went.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 08:06 AM

Someone send Partial a Rodgers jersey already so he can stop fucking freaking out about this already. SkinBasket

stop fucking SkinBasket

fucking SkinBasket

What in any thing proper on a forum that includes decent people ( WOMEN and MEN ) that have decent manners, is that accomplishging for YOUR credibility and respect here? You man!

Does this ' just maybe ' suggest ' a better way'? I'm on 'your side ' skinBasket. . . I'm your friend. :D

Go fuck yourself Ed.

-Sincerely,
SkinBasket

PS.
Is that better manners?

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
im havn visions of the broncs post-elway (and we dont even have a t. davis)

arogant TT = arogant shannahan

Zool
07-28-2008, 08:11 AM

stop fucking SkinBasket

fucking SkinBasket

Go fuck yourself Ed.

-Sincerely,
SkinBasket

PS.
Is that better manners?

Fucking Skinbasket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On6FSphbpUY

Partial
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
So what? WInning the Super Bowl is no guarantee with or without Favre. Just ask Tom BRady how his Super Bowl went.

No, its not. That's why you have to put the very best team on the field and do everything you can to get there. You think Chad Clifton is super stoked to have A-Rod as the QB, or do you think he'd rather have Favre? What about Chuck? That is all that should matter.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 08:40 AM
So what? WInning the Super Bowl is no guarantee with or without Favre. Just ask Tom BRady how his Super Bowl went.

No, its not. That's why you have to put the very best team on the field and do everything you can to get there. You think Chad Clifton is super stoked to have A-Rod as the QB, or do you think he'd rather have Favre? What about Chuck? That is all that should matter.

They played harder in the Dallas game w/o Favre.

Probably because they wanted to show they could do it on their own.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Rodgers is in a better position to defy those odds than either of those two were. They were able to overcome that, and there's no reason Rodgers can't/shouldn't.I agree that there is no reason Rodgers cant and shouldnt succeed. The team is built to win now and if they dont the blame will likely deservedly fall square on his shoulders.

I'll never blame Aaron Rodgers. He's a Packer player. Our next projected starting QB. He must go out and relax and become his own person, Packer and NFL starting QB.

As Brett Favre has said, and I have faith in. Aaron Rodgers 'should' do well and if the pieces are amply put in place for him to succeed.

He certainly needs the support of a running game. :idea:

PACKERS FOREVER!

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM

I agree but as TT drags another one out he will paint himself into a corner. TT just has to get past himself Zool. TT is setting up again to be his own worst enemy.

Brett Favre has played it just right right to date, as REALITY suggests to this Packer fan. Brett Favre is no man's fool. Ted Thompson doesn't do well when the heat is on...he freezes up. We've seen evidence of that time after time.

Brett Favre should advise him again. TT needs to listen for Ted Thompson. :DReality for what ever planet you live on, which isn't earth like the rest of us.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM

Brett played lights out last year. What reason is there to think he won't do it again? He's in great shape and as healthy as ever. Mort has seen him chuck some "rocket balls" evidently. Favre himself has said he will stop playing when he doesn't have it any more. Clearly, he knows his abilities best and still thinks he can play at an ultra high level.

YES Partial 'of course, young man YOU are correct '. :D

Brett Favre 'OWNS' his integrity.

PACKERS FOREVER!

gex
07-28-2008, 10:22 AM

Brett Favre should advise him again. TT needs to listen for Ted Thompson. :DReality for what ever planet you live on, which isn't earth like the rest of us.

cpk1994= same insults ,different thread. :beat:

motife
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
If Favre had gotten injured in the Seattle game, how do you think Aaron Rodgers and the team would have played the N.Y. Giants?

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM

No, its not. That's why you have to put the very best team on the field and do everything you can to get there. You think Chad Clifton is super stoked to have A-Rod as the QB, or do you think he'd rather have Favre? What about Chuck? That is all that should matter.Considering that Clifton was one giving ARod support Id say he is fine with it. Also, they should be more worried about their own job and not worrying who is QB.

motife
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Chad Clifton is one of my favorite Packers because he NEVER gives interviews. I think I've seen one in the last 5 years. He just plays. Brett Favre could learn something from Clifton. (Favre's interviews even while a player are unbelievably boring.)

My 2nd favorite is Mark Tauscher because his interviews are so short.