PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is Retarded...

mission
07-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Favre Free? Not Yet
Brett Favre didn't show up Sunday for Packers camp because, he says, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson pleaded with him to stay away. But Favre will seek reinstatement to the NFL

That's from the front page ... talk about media spin... "pleaded with him to stay away" ... or more like "brett, we're gonna get this deal done, just wait it out"

brett: "sounds good ted, i definitely didnt wanna show up anyway"

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 07:33 PM
The Packers just have to stay strong and do what they think is right. In the end it will be rewarded.

I think Brett is just getting started. He knows he needs to be in a camp soon and he's throwing a desperate fit to get let go. If they hold on to him longer he'll continue to burry himself with idiotic comments that show his true colors.

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2008, 07:37 PM
The Packers just have to stay strong and do what they think is right. In the end it will be rewarded.

I think Brett is just getting started. He knows he needs to be in a camp soon and he's throwing a desperate fit to get let go. If they hold on to him longer he'll continue to burry himself with idiotic comments that show his true colors.

Yes, I think you are right. Although I'm not sure that he can't hitch-on to a team after an injury and be just fine.

The sad thing is that this business wasn't handled behind the scenes. Favre is never going to get an unconditional release. And he would be much better off working WITH Ted Thompson, not engaging in a mutually destructive battle.

Charles Woodson
07-27-2008, 10:50 PM
While were on the topic of stupid journalism... I was watching NFL network tonight at a bowling alley, while they were replaying the superbowl game. Not only did they show the same clip about brett not going to camp, they said that we sign our 1ST round pick jordy nelson, and in the same little quote they said we signed WR PATRICK LEE

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 08:24 AM
yeah, #4 has hi-jacked espn the month of july (slow news time)

evryday all day he's like "i eat those cockroaches for breakfast......!"

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Chris Mortenson is riding the Favre Train, he is the official mouthpiece of the Favre camp, and it brings great attention for him and ESPN.

Mortenson keeps portraying Favre as the victim of the evil, uncaring machine. People who don't know all the facts, or block-out the facts unfavorable to Favre, are certainly going to eat this line up.

Mortenson's mission is to keep fanning the flames, and the best way to keep the story hot is to run the Mistreated Good Ole Boy storyline. So much for journalism.

Jerry Tagge
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Chris Mortenson is riding the Favre Train, he is the official mouthpiece of the Favre camp, and it brings great attention for him and ESPN.

Mortenson keeps portraying Favre as the victim of the evil, uncaring machine. People who don't know all the facts, or block-out the facts unfavorable to Favre, are certainly going to eat this line up.

Mortenson's mission is to keep fanning the flames, and the best way to keep the story hot is to run the Mistreated Good Ole Boy storyline. So much for journalism.
And yet there are people who will back Packers management no matter how many boneheaded moves they make.

Bart Starr couldn't have lasted more than 3 years anywhere but Green Bay. Forrest Gregg would have been gone the moment he replaced football players with ex-cons. Tom Braatz and Lindy Infante made a whole bunch of idiotic moves. Infante was voted greatest Packers coach ever in 1990 because the Packers almost made the playoffs in 1989.

There's a reason the Packers went 29 years without a championship - bad management. How did the Packers get away with it? The fans backed every stupid move they made. Just look at the initial reaction to the Hadl trade.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 07:46 PM

actually the MAJORITY of reputable talkn heads and vets/former players are BAFFLED that tt is screwing up the pack by not lettn#4 get under center. their take on this is the most logical; best players play. the so-called expert analysts in cyber space figure they know better than the palmers, LTs, allens, carters, costas, etc

BAFFLING!!!

gbgary
07-28-2008, 08:38 PM

actually the MAJORITY of reputable talkn heads and vets/former players are BAFFLED that tt is screwing up the pack by not lettn#4 get under center. their take on this is the most logical; best players play. the so-called expert analysts in cyber space figure they know better than the palmers, LTs, allens, carters, costas, etc

BAFFLING!!!

yup.

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm on record a few dozen times saying the God damned media bastards are the villains of this whole mess. Now I will add to that idiocy/retardation. The title of the thread has it right.

As was said--from the opposite point of view, those damned talking heads are all so mystified by the way the Packers are handling this. Well, I'll take the wisdom of Thompson/McCarthy and based on statements, most of the Packer players over these media know-nothings any day. Hell, I'll take the wisdom of most in this forum over the dipshits of the media any day. How many of those stinking bastards from ESPN and elsewhere predicted anything close to the success of last season? They were mystified then too about little things like who Favre was gonna throw to or who was gonna do any competent rushing for the Packers.

I and a solid percentage of others in here knew better then, as did Thompson and McCarthy then. Go with those who have a track record of being right--NOT the all world IDIOTS and troublemakers of the damned media.

boiga
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM

BAFFLING!!!
No.

According to Glazer:
In my travels through camp so far, not one coach I've talked to agrees with his stance and the players have been split 50 percent somewhat sadly against Favre, 25 percent adamantly for Favre and 25 percent absolutely blasting him for the PR route he's taken. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8387530

If Brett can't keep more than 25% of players on his side, I can't see why you think a "majority" of analysts would.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm on record a few dozen times saying the God damned media bastards are the villains of this whole mess. Now I will add to that idiocy/retardation. The title of the thread has it right.

As was said--from the opposite point of view, those damned talking heads are all so mystified by the way the Packers are handling this. Well, I'll take the wisdom of Thompson/McCarthy and based on statements, most of the Packer players over these media know-nothings any day. Hell, I'll take the wisdom of most in this forum over the dipshits of the media any day. How many of those stinking bastards from ESPN and elsewhere predicted anything close to the success of last season? They were mystified then too about little things like who Favre was gonna throw to or who was gonna do any competent rushing for the Packers.

I and a solid percentage of others in here knew better then, as did Thompson and McCarthy then. Go with those who have a track record of being right--NOT the all world IDIOTS and troublemakers of the damned media.

texan, u ever stop to think that there is actually a good reason why there's this love fest with #4? it CAN be sickening for sure but the man has put in work. and like i said in another thread TT will be irrelevant in a few years (like i used to say about shermy) while the legacy of Lord favre will be negatively impacted by this debacle caused by theodore

not all of the talkn heads are "idiots" as u say and im sure u're intelligent enuff to know that. but no one has to be a genuis to understand the impact #4 has had on the universe and that its shameful that he's told he cant compete for a startn qb job for a town he put on the map during the common era. cant blieve SO many fans are actually HAPPY they're stickn it to #4; as if they have forgottn what he's done. BAFFLING......

i also feel the PLAYERS of the game are being honest in their support of #4; they know more about the beaurocracy (sp?) of the game than we EVER could and to a man they feel he should be able write his own ticket considering ALL he's done for GB, NFL, ratings, etc. (money makes the nfl world go round, marketing, etc...) who here thinks that w/o #4 packers will be must see for the avg fan?

in fact, the fact that #4 is involved in this controversy will increase viewership for the pack (at least at start of the season) - GB should be thankn brett EVERY sunday til he dies!!!!!

yes he has been well compensated over the years but theyve obviously huirt him. did he hurt them by being uncertain? it wasnt personal...he started slingn mud b/c he was hurt that after ALL he's done, "this guy".....

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM

BAFFLING!!!

yup.

The Wisconsin sports writers, who really know what is going on, are nearly unanimous in supporting the Packers.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM

BAFFLING!!!
No.

According to Glazer:
In my travels through camp so far, not one coach I've talked to agrees with his stance and the players have been split 50 percent somewhat sadly against Favre, 25 percent adamantly for Favre and 25 percent absolutely blasting him for the PR route he's taken. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8387530

If Brett can't keep more than 25% of players on his side, I can't see why you think a "majority" of analysts would.

lol at "NO"

i read and watch ALOT of sports commentary so of course i can find PLENTY articles and statements supporting #4 but i will agree to disagree that PLAYERS are pro TT

good article tho

swede
07-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Another poster who has forgotten or has chosen to ignore the timeline and the facts.

But the timeline and the facts don't match the narrow world view that TT is bad and Brett is good.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM

BAFFLING!!!

yup.

The Wisconsin sports writers, who really know what is going on, are nearly unanimous in supporting the Packers.

not many of the writers there are icons (for lack of better word) in their field. SO many in the journal have waffled over the years too

but im more interested in how the past and present PLAYERS think or the nfl insider types.....

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Another poster who has forgotten or has chosen to ignore the timeline and the facts.

But the timeline and the facts don't match the narrow world view that TT is bad and Brett is good.

so point me in the direction where i can learn that the packers have been handling this the best that they can

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:35 PM

not many of the writers there are icons (for lack of better word) in their field. SO many in the journal have waffled over the years too

but im more interested in how the past and present PLAYERS think or the nfl insider types.....

If you have any distance at all from the situation, you are likely going to support Favre. The quick-analysis logic does say you bring him back, and emotionally, who doesn't like Favre?

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:48 PM

If you have any distance at all from the situation, you are likely going to support Favre. The quick-analysis logic does say you bring him back, and emotionally, who doesn't like Favre?

see, thats the biggest issue i have with many posters. it really isnt as complicated as people try to make it. like anything in life, weigh the pros and cons. #4 has DEF been a head case over the years with his uncertainty; but u take the good with the bad. he's not TO, Chad J, old moss, pacman, etc. he's just been made a god and its gone to his head, not entirely his fault

the only con i saw at the start of this mess was possibly hurtn arod's feelings. but as we're learning he's a very solid, grounded cat. all competitors want their turn but i dont think 1 more year or so wouldve irked him.

i know im on the lateshow on this topic on this forum but if tt hadnt been all stuborn during the textn phase all the negative media NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED

but i respect your knowledge HH....what am i missing?

what negative could REALLY come out of #4 at camp, even now? i mean REALLY negtive for the success of the team (not media frenzy, hurt pride and feelings, fans thnkn #4 is a spoild diva, etc)

please enlighten me

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm not against Favre coming to camp to compete for the job if he is willing to accept the coaches decision, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't want to reargue the case for sticking with Rogers. To me, I see both sides of the argument, and I simply allow TT and MM to make the call. If you want to read some arguments for going with Rodgers, check out McGinn article.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13397

boiga
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
The only "real negative" as you put it that could come out of this is that Favre will come in with a bad attitude, take reps away from the rookie QB's, and then retire again after opening day 12.7 million dollars richer with our cap money.

Sadly, that "real negative" is starting to sound like the best of all our bad options.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
the team would be much better with Favre on the roster, if the Fans and players would just be willing to accept the coaches judgement.

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm not against Favre coming to camp to compete for the job if he is willing to accept the coaches decision, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't want to reargue the case for sticking with Rogers. To me, I see both sides of the argument, and I simply allow TT and MM to make the call. If you want to read some arguments for going with Rodgers, check out McGinn article.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13397

lazy dog....he he

boiga
07-29-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree, but I don't think Favre will be ready to accept the coaches judgment, so it's all futile. Like Peter King said this morning "He wants to be loved a little."

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 12:06 AM
The only "real negative" as you put it that could come out of this is that Favre will come in with a bad attitude, take reps away from the rookie QB's, and then retire again after opening day 12.7 million dollars richer with our cap money.

Sadly, that "real negative" is starting to sound like the best of all our bad options.

lol.....if i were him and they made me 2nd stirng i'd view it as better than bein on a farm missn out on 13 mil. but i dont have the pride of an nfl legend and work harder for my pennies

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
the team would be much better with Favre on the roster, if the Fans and players would just be willing to accept the coaches judgement.

wait a minute; are u saying that #4 WOULDNT win startn spot?

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2008, 12:12 AM

wait a minute; are u saying that #4 WOULDNT win startn spot?

yes, entirely possible.

And your reaction demonstrates my point PERFECTLY!!!

Thank you, Mr. Mobb, you may return to your seat. And please tell the audiance, have you ever met me before?

cpk1994
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree, but I don't think Favre will be ready to accept the coaches judgment, so it's all futile. Like Peter King said this morning "He wants to be loved a little."IF he wants to be loved a little he needs to buy a dog.

Cheesehead Craig
07-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Quite Frankly, Stephen A. Smith with his Favre rant was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe3r5pIHBAU

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 02:21 PM

it was HILARIOUS

BallHawk
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM

That has got to be the best rant I've heard all week.

GET THAT MAN SOME CHEESE DOODLES!