PDA

View Full Version : Something else to talk about

ND72
07-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I am sure it is to nobody's surprise that I am a big supporter of Ted Thompson. One thing I think he did, that Ron Wolfe never did a great job of is getting a ton of offensive weapons. If Jordy Nelson pans out, Thompson got us 3 legit WR's in Jennings, JJ, and Nelson...Terrance Murphy could be entered in there (sadly). Plus, if all works out, we have Grant & Jackson @ RB, and who knows from there with Wynn. Also, if Finley reaches all the potential he has, wowzer. I like that Thompson also identified the thought that our OL isn't quite what it oculd be, and drafted, what I think, are 2 pretty solid guys this year, and a possible starter in Barbre last year, to add with Spitz & Colledge. AND, to top it off, he has created some competition at QB with the addition of Brohm and Flynn to go with Rodgers.

Most people give Thompson credit for the stuff he's done with our defense...BUT, he's done some nice work on the offensive side as well.

digitaldean
07-27-2008, 08:14 PM
ND,

I am OD'ed on Favre news. It's like the Barry Bonds saga last year with the SF Giants. Non-stop drivel from unnamed sources via ESPN and the usual suspects.

Yes, I am fairly stoked at the weapons they have on offense. Those who CONSTANTLY are bitching about TT don't see the whole body of work he has done of building this team.

I'll be honest, I pissed and moaned a lot on the pick of Harrell and the lack of FA movement (which to some extent I think is due criticism). But to overlook Jennings, Jones, Grant, Nelson and Finley is being shortsighted.

Hoping that we can find some true heir apparents to Harris and CW when they hang up their cleats.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 08:20 PM
ND,

I love this team. I feel better about this team than I did about last years team at this time. They have a ton of talent on offense, defense and ST's. The top end of this team is among the best in the league (see 13-3) and the depth IMO is even better.

To your point about the offense, I agree. They're a great group and now that they have a team guy at QB they'll start to get the credit they all deserve.

dissident94
07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
The only problem is at QB. Do you guys even read any other sites or analysis of the Packers this year. Almost eveyone expects a dropoff. I do as well. QB is the toughest posistion in all sports. We were spoiled for 16 years. IF he struggles this team is 6-10. That is how important a QB is.

It doens't matter if you have all the talent around you. Just ask the Vikings. If they have any kind of QB they would be solid.