PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Emergency Measure

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I was thinking we should have a temporary, separate Brett Favre Room. Put all the Favre related posts in there. Why?

1) I'm sure a lot of people are sick to death of The Story
2) As a reminder that there is a brand new PAcker season coming up. We should be excited about it. Maybe having a Favre-free zone would help bring back that spirit.

I'm serious about this proposal, although I know Mad won't do it because he is a putz.

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I was thinking we should have a temporary, separate Brett Favre Room. Put all the Favre related posts in there. Why?

2) As a reminder that there is a brand new PAcker season coming up. We should be excited about it. Maybe having a Favre-free zone would help bring back that spirit.

I'm serious about this proposal, although I know Mad won't do it because he is a putz.I don't make a habit of doing this, but I agree with you.

AV David
07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree.

So far the vote is unanimous. 2 - 0.

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
OK, I'll change it to a poll. But it will have to be a landslide to happen, because Madtown likes to make me look bad.

BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong about discussing Favremania, especially since I do it more than most.

HowardRoark
07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I was thinking we should have a temporary, separate Brett Favre Room.

Will it have padded walls?

BallHawk
07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm for it.

boiga
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
It would become a cesspool of the angriest forum members, but then again if people think intelligent discussion of the Favre matter isn't worthwhile enough to risk dealing with those same members, then I can see your point.

More relevantly, I'd have to go back and forth between two forums to stay up to date. I'm too lazy for that, so I voted no.

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
It would become a cesspool of the angriest forum members, but then again if people think intelligent discussion of the Favre matter isn't worthwhile enough to risk dealing with those same members, then I can see your point.

More relevantly, I'd have to go back and forth between two forums to stay up to date. I'm too lazy for that, so I voted no.At least it would keep Packerarcher somewhere else. :lol:

]{ilr]3
07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
I voted no, but only because I don’t want to add to Favre's delusions that he is so high and mighty that even web forums will alter their format to make room for him ;) :lol:

Joemailman
07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Favre will bve gone soon. We might need a Grant room.

BallHawk
07-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I haven't voted yet.

My vote is conditional. I will vote for a Favre room if Harlan can lobby Mad to create a Ruvell Martin room.

Deadline is midnight.

Packerarcher
07-27-2008, 10:49 PM

More relevantly, I'd have to go back and forth between two forums to stay up to date. I'm too lazy for that, so I voted no.At least it would keep Packerarcher somewhere else. :lol:

Are you inferring that I am angry :evil: WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT. :wink:

Bretsky
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I haven't voted yet.

My vote is conditional. I will vote for a Favre room if Harlan can lobby Mad to create a Ruvell Martin room.

Deadline is midnight.

The Ruvell Martin Room would be a piece of cake; you would start it and nobody else would care enough to comment :lol:

Anyways, I'm an absolute no. I don't like rules that might make me pay attention or govern the forum.

BallHawk
07-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I haven't voted yet.

Deadline is midnight.The Ruvell Martin Room would be a piece of cake; you would start it and nobody else would care enough to comment :lol:

No, I'm sure you'd be there to keep reminding me of the "drop" he had against the Giants. :D

And, actually, there are some believers out there. Not as devote as I, but they soon will be. Yes, they soon will be.

Chevelle2
07-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Im for it....we can even talk about him when he is in Tampa, rather than another thread every two seconds.

Bretsky
07-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I haven't voted yet.

Deadline is midnight.The Ruvell Martin Room would be a piece of cake; you would start it and nobody else would care enough to comment :lol:

No, I'm sure you'd be there to keep reminding me of the "drop" he had against the Giants. :D

And, actually, there are some believers out there. Not as devote as I, but they soon will be. Yes, they soon will be.

Why is he getting shipped to Tampa Bay too ? They need WR help; Ruvell will be fortunate to crack the top 4. :lol: To be honest it's a silly poll. Should we have one Ryan Grant Thread...one Ted Thompson thread...one MM coaching analysis thread ? If we did I'm not sure I'd care to follow or enforce those rules

gex
07-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Sheeeet I don't know, but I can say that battling all these Favre bashers sure is getting my post count up. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Anyways, I'm an absolute no. I don't like rules that might make me pay attention or govern the forum.

Could you explain what this means?

I'm guessing this FAvre Room would just be around for a few weeks, is that really gonna rock your world?

It is just an idea to help people block-out the FAvre story a little bit if and when they want. The FAvre Drama is now a huge story in and of itself, and he's probably not gonna be on the Packers this year.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:38 AM

I'm serious about this proposal, although I know Mad won't do it because he is a putz.

Harlan. I LOVE yaa Man. :D

Your Mother loved YOU.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:40 AM

I'm guessing this FAvre Room would just be around for a few weeks, is that really gonna rock your world?

It is just an idea to help people block-out the FAvre story a little bit if and when they want. The FAvre Drama is now a huge story in and of itself, and he's probably not gonna be on the Packers this year.

Your not serious? :idea:

What would MOM tell you?

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm serious about this proposal, although I know Mad won't do it because he is a putz.I don't make a habit of doing this, but I agree with you.

You've got enough bad habits cpk1994. Ahhh, what's one more Eh? :D

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 05:15 PM

I hesitantly reply and speak only for myself on this...but IMO we should not try to govern what threads or the number of threads posters want to create. It's pretty simple for people to choose what they want to read and don't want to read. Nothing rocks my world Harlan, but it's not something I would be remotely in favor of paying attention to.

mission
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
im 100% for this. im so sick of brettgate 08

mission
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM

I hesitantly reply and speak only for myself on this...but IMO we should not try to govern what threads or the number of threads posters want to create. It's pretty simple for people to choose what they want to read and don't want to read. Nothing rocks my world Harlan, but it's not something I would be remotely in favor of paying attention to.

listen buddy -- you get paid to moderate ... and have that awesome image underneath your avatar.

so, hey ... yanno ... do your job. :huh:

:P

Zool
07-28-2008, 05:28 PM

listen buddy -- you get paid to moderate ... and have that awesome image underneath your avatar.

See this Mad? Wheres my check?

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM

Sorry Buddy

I don't get paid a cent nor do I want one

If I actually had power I'd have deleted this thread/ idea in the first place :lol:

Cheers,
B

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
at this point what else is there to post about? one more week wont hurt..... :lol:

Zool
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry Buddy

I don't get paid a cent nor do I want one

If I actually had power I'd have deleted this thread/ idea in the first place :lol:

Cheers,
B

Shush man. If we can squeeze a couple bucks out of Mad at the posters game, so be it. Possibly a free beer?

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Mad should be getting the moderators free tickets to the game. That's the very least he can do after a year of your intense attention to detail and loyalty.