PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy, Thompson To Address Media Today; Watch LIVE

packers11
07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
McCarthy, Thompson To Address Media Today; Watch LIVE on Packers.com

http://packers.com/news/blogs/packerscom_blog/

July 28, 2008, 8:38 am
Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will address the media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium Monday morning following the team's first training camp practice. He will take the podium at approximately 10:45 a.m. (CT).

Additionally, GM Ted Thompson will speak to the media at approximately 1:00 p.m. (CT).

You can watch both press conferences live by clicking here.

Soon after each press conference, Packers.com will post complete transcripts of the press conferences, with audio and video of the entire press conferences and locker room interviews to follow.

Click here for the press conference transcripts archive.

Spaulding
07-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't recall, is it normal for the head coach and GM to address the media on the first day of camp?

I'm guessing not and hope it is in regards to a final agreement/settlement in the Brett Favre situation.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't recall, is it normal for the head coach and GM to address the media on the first day of camp?

I'm guessing not and hope it is in regards to a final agreement/settlement in the Brett Favre situation.

They should exercise intelligence, decent and common sense, and integrity At least a partial focus of this scheduled media address. Will focus on Favre and their decision to be totally behind Brett Favre and his next season as OUR starting QB.

I still have faith in 'the only and absolute right decision'. I believe. :D

Favre lives on as ' a Packer '! Today.

PACKERS FOREVER!

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM

They should exercise intelligence, decent and common sense, and integrity At least a partial focus of this scheduled media address. Will focus on Favre and their decision to be totally behind Brett Favre and his next season as OUR starting QB.

PACKERS FOREVER!What would you know about common sense and intelligence anyway? Based on all of your posts that I tried to read, both were not present.

packers11
07-28-2008, 10:48 AM
there is a lot more press there than in the past... hmmm i wonder whats going on :lol:

packers11
07-28-2008, 11:05 AM
anyone listening? Interesting BF quotes.

motife
07-28-2008, 11:05 AM
McCarthy said he very much doubts that Ted Thompson made the comments to Favre that were quoted yesterday on ESPN.

He has no problem with Favre coming in.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
McCarthy said he very much doubts that Ted Thompson made the comments to Favre that were quoted yesterday on ESPN.

He has no problem with Favre coming in.

DAYYUMMM.

packers11
07-28-2008, 11:13 AM
He also said that if Favre reinstates he "could have a future role with the packers"

boiga
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
He also said that if Favre reinstates he "could have a future role with the packers"Actually, he said "that's one option Brett could choose if he reinstates." So according to M3, it's up to Brett whether he wants to be a Packer or not.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:21 AM

PACKERS FOREVER!What would you know about common sense and intelligence anyway? Based on all of your posts that I tried to read, both were not present.

Brave man cpk1994 behind a computer. Face to face with me? hahaa. :D

Reality Therapy dictates that's not the route. The Prayer Of Serenity supports that cpk1994. Supports me over you as you serve 'you' up to me.

cpk1994 Your about as sick as it gets here at OUR Packer home.

You embarass me to observe you. Only almost hope for you cpk1994. If 'only' you wern't so pathetic. Your a sad still immature boy excuse of what consttutes 'a man' cpk1994.

Straight up cpk1994 . Your demonstrate with most of your posting 'no style' and shockingly for me that your no more than ' a pathetic punk '.

You've been told before. cpk1994

Attack or debate the post not 'the poster' cpk1994 with what you represent. you with your steady diet of extreme and ugly hatred.

Just my opinion. No 'a fact'. Your sick with hatred, cpk1994

packers11
07-28-2008, 11:22 AM
found the exact quote...

* Notes 21 percent of players in locker room have never met Favre. Doesn't foresee Favre coming in being a problem. Favre "has been a big part of the past, and he may be part of the future."

* Have plan if Favre shows up? "We'll have a plan if we can cross that bridge, I can promise you that."

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Reality Therapy dictates that's not the route. The Prayer Of Seerenity supports that cpk1994.

cpk1994 Your about as sick as it gets here mister. You embarass me to observe you. Almost hope for you cpk1994 if you wern't so pathetic. Your a sad still immature boy excuse of what consttutes 'a man'.

Straight up cpk1994 . Your demonstrate with most of your posting 'no style' and shockingly for me that your no more than ' a pathetic punk '.

Attack or debate the post not 'the poster' cpk1994 with what you represent. you with your steady diet of extreme and ugly hatred.

Just my opinion. No 'a fact'. Your sick with hatred, cpk1994About my previous post, I rest my case, your honor!

Edit: I laso like to add this as another case of "Pot calling kettle".

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
found the exact quote...

* Notes 21 percent of players in locker room have never met Favre. Doesn't foresee Favre coming in being a problem. Favre "has been a big part of the past, and he may be part of the future."

* Have plan if Favre shows up? "We'll have a plan if we can cross that bridge, I can promise you that."

:wow: and :bclap:

:D

PACKERS FOREVER!

Zool
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Dont you mean honour?

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
found the exact quote...

* Notes 21 percent of players in locker room have never met Favre.
I took it as another "we want to move on" shot myself.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:34 AM

Reality Therapy dictates that's not the route. The Prayer Of Seerenity supports that cpk1994.

cpk1994 Your about as sick as it gets here mister. You embarass me to observe you. Almost hope for you cpk1994 if you wern't so pathetic. Your a sad still immature boy excuse of what consttutes 'a man'.

Just my opinion. No 'a fact'. Your sick with hatred, cpk1994About my previous post, I rest my case, your honor!

Your so ill cpk1994 ' with hattred '. You don't even have any semblance of decent pride cpk1994.

You must have absorbed a lot of lickings on the streets growing up? or Is it something more severe in your sick personality? cpk1994 I really care. I love you cpk1994 . I'm really concerned for your future.

:idea: cpk1994 poor fella. Your sadly wrong cpk1994 . Sadly weak.

Fritz
07-28-2008, 11:44 AM
found the exact quote...

I read somewhere earlier that TT said Favre asked at one point about coming back as a coach.

Anyone suppose there might be a coaching job for Favre somehow? Can you imagine him coaching the QB's? "Just pick a guy out and throw it to him as hard as you can. Worked for me."

Guiness
07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
MM tried to steer the conversation away from Favre, but as the reporters kept asking him, he gave up.

Was at about the 12 minute mark when someone finally asked about something else, i.e. Jolly's status. They seemed to talk mostly about other stuf f after that...

edit: then, they got rolling on it again. MM answered: "I don't know how else to keep answering this question"

boiga
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
The first couple of questions weren't Favre related either. The reporter even asked for his 50$ but M3 told him he was broke. That's a newlywed for you.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:18 PM

Your hatred swollows YOU cpk1994. Help youself. Please. I'm pulling for you cpk1994.

Caring for you a lot cpk1994. You can get there. I have faith ' in you '. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

packers11
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
going live...

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:02 PM
woooah.... Ted says delaying coming to camp was Brett's idea, because he "cares very much about this team."

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
woooah.... Ted says delaying coming to camp was Brett's idea, because he "cares very much about this team."

Favre fans will try to twist that.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
and said that Brett asked him to make that point

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM

Chevelle... shut the fuck up

simple... just shut your yapper

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Ted says that he won't have a competition because they have already gone down a path with Aaron and a competition would regress their progress.

packers11
T.T. getting railed with hard questions...

Chevelle2

Chevelle... shut the fuck up

simple... just shut your yapper

Oooh we got a tough guy here...he said FUCK! :roll:

FUCK! :taunt:

MadtownPacker
TT cant give a straight answer on why Favre cant come in and compete.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Ted says that he won't have a competition because they have already gone down a path with Aaron and a competition would regress their progress.Do you really feel he gave a good answer to that question?

packers11
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
take every NFC north team off the list. A bold "NO" was the answer about trading him to a team in the North...

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Favre never gave a deadline.

packers11
07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Favre never gave a deadline.

"couple of days" :lol:

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM

MM said he could.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
MM never said he could compete.. he just said he can come to camp... what the hell is the point to coming to camp if you cannot compete for a spot?

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
MM never said he could compete.. he just said he can come to camp... what the hell is the point to coming to camp if you cannot compete for a spot?

What if Rodgers goes down?

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Ted says that he won't have a competition because they have already gone down a path with Aaron and a competition would regress their progress.Do you really feel he gave a good answer to that question?

It's Ted Thompson. He doesn't give answers.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
so now a HOF QB has to wait to see if a no namer goes down for the franchise he built back up?.... ya... ok....

Harlan Huckleby
TT sure doesn't look like a guy ready to crack. :lol:

MadtownPacker

MM said he could.TT just said the team was moving on regardless.

Favre has been a fool that last month but one thing is clear. The Packers didnt want him back even before he went public with the media. That is why I feel Favre's anger while bad is justified in a way.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
TT sure doesn't look like a guy ready to crack. :lol:

Nice one, HH.

Speak of the devil, he did it again. :D

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
agree.. Favre didn't do himself any good by waffling coming back... but its clear that TT wants this to happen in the worst way possible

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
TT sure doesn't look like a guy ready to crack. :lol: Crack up maybe. I like the "people who'd like to hang me up in effigy" line.

mission

Your so ill cpk1994 ' with hattred '. You don't even have any semblance of decent pride cpk1994.

You must have absorbed a lot of lickings on the streets growing up? or Is it something more severe in your sick personality? cpk1994 I really care. I love you cpk1994 . I'm really concerned for your future.

:idea: cpk1994 poor fella. Your sadly wrong cpk1994 . Sadly weak.

that post looks like one of those spam messages i get on myspace where it's like "tonyMISSION.com - Next Level Production thank you for being my friend. tonyMISSION.com - Next Level Production, please check out my music and let me know how i can help tonyMISSION.com - Next Level Production. take care, tonyMISSION.com - Next Level Production.

who types like that? really... lol

MadtownPacker
For those not watching NFLN has a split shot of TT at the podium and on the other side Favre throwing footballs at the high school kids.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
how does he look?

packers11
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM
"will he be backup for the whole season if he comes back"

Ted doesn't want to hear these questions... :lol:

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
how does he look?Ted? Very very red. He's almost at purple.

Keeping his cool though.

Edit: then again, his voice did crack a bit when asked how he was feeling throughout this process.

PackerBlues
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
TT just said the team was moving on regardless.

Favre has been a fool that last month but one thing is clear. The Packers didnt want him back even before he went public with the media. That is why I feel Favre's anger while bad is justified in a way.

ya

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM
how does he look?#4 was laughing and chopping it up while slinging the ball around.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Keeping his cool though.

hahaha, I meant Favre...... I know that TT looks like a weasle :lol:

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
TT says he has no ego left. :lol:

boiga
Ted says he doesn't have any ego left "not after this."

Edit: d'oh too slow, good line though.

packers11
TT says he has no ego left. :lol:

:bs2:

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
TT was asked how much his ego played in this.

He said "ME?? none".

I didnt believe it and him laughing didnt help.

Pacopete4
how does he look?#4 was laughing and chopping it up while slinging the ball around.

Did you see any "rocket" balls or "lazer" balls... or however the hell Mortenson explained it? haha

Chevelle2

Did you see any "rocket" balls or "lazer" balls... or however the hell Mortenson explained it? haha

Did he get picked off?

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Ted says there are no Packer issued cell phones.

Thank you.

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, ryan grant question!

ted doesn't like Herman either it seems. But he forgives him for "negotiating through the media."

packers11
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Ted's a moron... Won't let him compete for a job??? Why the fuck do you want him to come to camp then??? Tell him to either stay the hell away or come in and try to win a starting job...

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Did he get picked off?We are trying to have a decent conversation here.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:22 PM

Im serious.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Im serious.

chevelle.. seriously, i know people can post whatever they want but my god man... if you dont have anything to say constructively for or against what the convo is.. then just shut up, its not a hard thing to do

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Summary: Ted did fine, but didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. He disagrees with brett's analysis of their last phone call, but didn't call him a liar... like M3 kinda did this morning.

He turned pink and answered most of the questions the same way he's answered them before. Not exactly satisfying, but he didn't seem to be trying to obfuscate anything either.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Im serious.OK, well they didnt show where the ball was going, just a close up shot of him throwing it.

Now he is running. Looks to be in decent shape.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 01:25 PM
TT just said the team was moving on regardless.

At least you are being honest, funny coming from you.

You're right, the PAckers didn't want him back on June 20. And that's why Brett Favre supporters are mad as hell. Its really the whole story.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Ted's a moron... Won't let him compete for a job??? Why the fuck do you want him to come to camp then??? Tell him to either stay the hell away or come in and try to win a starting job...

this has already been covered a million times. But to have a competition that works out for the harmony of the team, both parties in the competition have to be prepared to accept losing.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:30 PM
ARod was just asked if there should be a open competition. He said the team told him he was the starter and until he hears differently that is how it is.

Had a little entitlement sound to his voice.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 01:31 PM

LOL

mission
07-28-2008, 01:31 PM

this has already been covered a million times. But to have a competition that works out for the harmony of the team, both parties in the competition have to be prepared to accept losing.

right.

and there are not two parties who will handle that properly... so, given the above, a competition can not take place without great detriment.

Guiness
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Did he get picked off?

Did he break any high schooler's fingers?

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Thompson, with a very delicate situation, is handling FavreGate in a classy manner.
I'm grateful the Packers have a strong GM.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Thompson, with a very delicate situation, is handling FavreGate in a classy manner.
I'm grateful the Packers have a strong GM.

Ditto!

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't know how TT could handle it any better.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
ARod was just asked if there should be a open competition. He said the team told him he was the starter and until he hears differently that is how it is.

Where are u watchin player interviews? I dont have NFL network and that sucks

Guiness
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM

Im serious.

chevelle.. seriously, i know people can post whatever they want but my god man... if you dont have anything to say constructively for or against what the convo is.. then just shut up, its not a hard thing to do
Um, made me laugh. Jeez, lighten up

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Where are u watchin player interviews? I dont have NFL network and that sucksThen you better skip a few 6-packs this week so you can get it. NFLN is the best football coverage IMO. They get places the ESPN cams dont.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I have charter for my cable company and they are super lame and dont offer the package... I really wish we had a dish so I didnt have this problem

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Well if you are ever in CenCal swing by and we will blaze it and watch NFLN. 8-)

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
This press conference sucked. No trade news, no answers to anything.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Keeping his cool though.

Edit: then again, his voice did crack a bit when asked how he was feeling throughout this process.

Ohh no! That doesn't seem like Ted Thompson.

I'll make a motion:

Let's order up a Geisha Gal on behalf of Packerrats.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Just 'a fart' Mad?

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Eh, It's Ted Thompson. The most entertaining part was the voice cracks. Don't find that with any other GM in the NFL.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Just 'a fart' Mad?

How does one interpret this? :?:

You feeling alright today, Woody?

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Eh, It's Ted Thompson. The most entertaining part was the voice cracks. Don't find that with any other GM in the NFL.

hahahahahahahahaha..

Awesome post BallHawk. Too cool. 8-)

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:54 PM

Just 'a fart' Mad?

How does one interpret this? :?:

You feeling alright today, Woody?

BallHawk. I'm lovin' it. Fully.... embracing the moment. You know what I mean. :D

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Yup. I feel ya man.

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I still wish I knew that the hell he was talkin about.

mission
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Ya we all know what ya mean, Woody...

Doing mad lines of blow. Oh Woody, I remember the days ... strippers, cocaine, jack daniels, a bible ... more strippers, a couple prayers, posting on the good ol message boards, getting my prostate massaged, not really saying anything coherent, more jack daniels, more massages ...

Man, I envy you ... life must be good, huh?

TED THOMPSON MUST DIE, GO BRETT PACK FOREVER KARMA!! WOOOOoooo

Partial
The whole "we moved on when he retired" is horrendously weak. That logic should dictate that Ryan Grant cannot play for the Packers anymore. TT is a snake in the grass.

SkinBasket
Yup. I feel ya man.

I felt it too until I took a crap.

mission
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
The whole "we moved on when he retired" is horrendously weak. That logic should dictate that Ryan Grant cannot play for the Packers anymore. TT is a snake in the grass.

Logic, as it's known, usually involves pretty rigid parameters.

In this case, the word "retired" essentially absolves your post of any merit.

Continue ...

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 02:06 PM

This is a strange comparison.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 02:06 PM

Will you please stop trying to equate the two situations? You just sound silly and spiteful. Maybe you and Paco and woody could start a club. It would probably be therapeutic. A little queer, but therapeutic nonetheless.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Will you please stop trying to equate the two situations? You just sound silly and spiteful. Maybe you and Paco and woody could start a club. It would probably be therapeutic. A little queer, but therapeutic nonetheless.

How exactly is it any different?!?

TT said he doesn't care that Favre bad mouthed him.

He is implying that Favre cannot come back because he missed the off-season. Ryan Grant also missed the off-season. Where exactly is the difference? Clearly its not age since he said he could come back at the end of March.

The sidewinder's ego is the size of texas. He wants a roster chock full of his guys. He wants to be in the spotlight, not have Favre get credit for being a great quarterback.

mission
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM

A little, yes... limited to prostate massages only.

The Pacopete, Archer, Woody, partial posts are hilarious... I can just picture some drunk idiot sitting there with a pile of pizza boxes and shit just thrown all over their bedrooms in mom's basement.

well, paco's at least :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Partial, you fail to see past the fact that Favre retired.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM
He is implying that Favre cannot come back because he missed the off-season. Ryan Grant also missed the off-season. Where exactly is the difference?

There are a lot of differences, but at the top of the list is that the Packers have a new QB as a result of Favre missing the off-season, and they've decided they don't want to go back to Favre. Ryan Grant is still wanted for the #1 slot.

mission
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM

He is implying that Favre cannot come back because he missed the off-season. Ryan Grant also missed the off-season. Where exactly is the difference? Clearly its not age since he said he could come back at the end of March.

The sidewinder's ego is the size of texas. He wants a roster chock full of his guys. He wants to be in the spotlight, not have Favre get credit for being a great quarterback.

Do you have the intelligence of a 4 year old?

How is it different? Grant is making a business decision and spent all off season in green bay with his teammates and was at OTA's. he didnt retire, he's just trying to secure his future.

brett retired, got excited, wanted to come back... we said no because we think rodgers is a better option (whther you agree or not)

how are those situations even close to the same? seriously... this place is too much sometimes.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM

So what? Again, he missed the offseason. So did RG. I don't see a difference. He wants to unretire now. Ryan Grant wants to "unretire" and come to camp as well.

The sidewinder won't let them.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm not even going to try anymore. It's a waste of breath.

Mission, I suggest you do the same. Logical points are useless.

Harlan Huckleby

So what? Again, he missed the offseason. So did RG. I don't see a difference.

The difference is that when a player retires, the team takes steps to replace him. And with a QB, this is particularly critical.

Partial

How is it different? Grant is making a business decision and spent all off season in green bay with his teammates and was at OTA's. he didnt retire, he's just trying to secure his future.

brett retired, got excited, wanted to come back... we said no because we think rodgers is a better option (whther you agree or not)

how are those situations even close to the same? seriously... this place is too much sometimes.

Actually he didn't practice during OTAs. Favre has worked out all offseason as well. Both are in game shape.

They said no because they moved on, not because Rodgers is better. There IS a difference. They said they moved on because they spent all offseason implementing the new offense.

They are pretty darn similiar situations. Why does everyone take the Sidewinder's side when he is disrespecting the greatest packer ever. Without Favre, the Packers probably wouldn't be around, and the Sidewinder wouldn't have a job.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM

The difference is that when a player retires, the team takes steps to replace him. And with a QB, this is particularly critical.

So what? The Packers moved on with Brandon Jackson when Ryan Grant's contracts demands couldn't be met. What is the difference?

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM

So what? The Packers moved on with Brandon Jackson when Ryan Grant's contracts demands couldn't be met. What is the difference?

So a RB's job is equal to a QB? You forget your Ritalin this week?

mission
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Actually he didn't practice during OTAs. Favre has worked out all offseason as well. Both are in game shape.

They said no because they moved on, not because Rodgers is better. There IS a difference. They said they moved on because they spent all offseason implementing the new offense.

They are pretty darn similiar situations. Why does everyone take the Sidewinder's side when he is disrespecting the greatest packer ever. Without Favre, the Packers probably wouldn't be around, and the Sidewinder wouldn't have a job.

I said he was there for OTAs... where was Brett? I dont see him in the pictures.

You're retarded and your rhetorical bullshit just doesnt even apply. Ive seen you take so many of these threads so many extra pages and I almost feel that you do it just to make the board a little bit more fun ... then i realized, at some point pride must prevent that.

Ballhawk -- you're right... it's useless.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Mission, I'm not sure why you're attacking me? What the hell have I ever done to you...

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM

The Packers do not want Brett Favre. They prefer Aaron Rodgers. Due to Favre's nature, it is not possible to keep both on the roster.

Same can't be said about the RB situation.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM

What difference does that make? Both would obviously have new responsibilities in the offense and implying that a 2nd year player can learn a new offense, albeit at a less difficult position, then the greatest quarterback to ever play is foolish.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM

I said he was there for OTAs... where was Brett? I dont see him in the pictures.

You're retarded and your rhetorical bullshit just doesnt even apply. Ive seen you take so many of these threads so many extra pages and I almost feel that you do it just to make the board a little bit more fun ... then i realized, at some point pride must prevent that.

Ballhawk -- you're right... it's useless.

Favre was at home for OTAs. He probably wasn't allowed in the complex. Again, what difference does that make? Grant was sitting on the sidelines posting to his lifejournal from his Blackberry. Not working out with the team implementing the new offense.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I think we should have a forum test on who's pissed at who and who sides with whom. That'd be fun.

Harlan, you're good at bitching at Mad to do things. Wanna volunteer?

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Partial,

It's not that he cannot play, or learn the system... It's the fact that they DO NOT want him back starting for the Packers... simple as that

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:22 PM

What difference does that make? Both would obviously have new responsibilities in the offense and implying that a 2nd year player can learn a new offense, albeit at a less difficult position, then the greatest quarterback to ever play is foolish.

Well so far he's missed 1 day of practice, 1 meeting and 1 physical. He went to the OTAs and all the off season meetings, plus he's a RB which is, by most football players accounts, one of the easiest spots to learn on a team. Maybe you could make arguments based on less? Like you saw your cat in the batting cages during Brewer BP today?

Zool
Favre was at home for OTAs. He probably wasn't allowed in the complex.

No he was retired.

Partial
Partial,

It's not that he cannot play, or learn the system... It's the fact that they DO NOT want him back starting for the Packers... simple as that

Which is the exact point. TT is making a bad decision.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Well so far he's missed 1 day of practice, 1 meeting and 1 physical. He went to the OTAs and all the off season meetings, plus he's a RB which is, by most football players accounts, one of the easiest spots to learn on a team. Maybe you could make arguments based on less? Like you saw your cat in the batting cages during Brewer BP today?

Brett has missed the exact same.

He chose to go workout from home for the optional team activities, much like Chuck, Al, Chad, Bubba etc have for years.

Again, WHERE is the difference? I don't see it. Seems that Brett had a pretty good year in 2003 despite missing all of those things as well.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Favre was at home for OTAs. He probably wasn't allowed in the complex.

No he was retired.

What difference does it make?

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Partial,

While I am on the Favre side... you cannot tell me that you know that for sure... I believe strongly Favre should be our QB, but like many posters have already said, Rodgers could be an amazing QB.. who knows

SkinBasket

Brett is white. Ryan is black. There. That's one. I'll let you figure out the other couple hundred more football relevant ways in which the situations are different.

If you haven't noticed, Brett Favre played the position known as "Quarterback." You see, the "Quarterback" is responsible for running the offense. He takes the snap from the "Center" and either hands the ball to a "Running Back" or passes to a "Receiver." In fact, in most cases, offenses are designed to varying degrees around this "Quarterback" position.

Here, this might help you:

Quarterback (QB) is a position in American and Canadian football. Quarterbacks are members of the offensive team and line up directly behind the center, in the middle of the offensive line. Quarterbacks are the leaders of the offensive team, responsible for calling the play in the huddle. They initiate almost all plays by receiving the ball from the center, although occasionally teams will use a "direct snap" to another offensive player. Once the quarterback receives the snap, he can run with the ball, hand the ball to another player or attempt a forward pass.

At most levels, but especially at the college and professional level, the quarterback role is one of the most visible and important roles on the team. The quarterback touches the ball on nearly every offensive play and has a great deal of responsibility both in calling plays and making decisions during the play. While there is liberal substitution at most positions in football based on the play call and to minimize player fatigue, most quarterbacks are on the field for every offensive play leaving only for injury or when the game's outcome is no longer in doubt. Quarterbacks are frequently chosen early in the NFL Draft and often receive much more lucrative contracts than other positions. As of 2008, players in this position have won more Super Bowl MVP awards (22 of 42) than players at any other position combined.

Anyway, the team has started to change the offense to suit the talents and limitations of the new "Quarterback" named Aaron Rodgers. On the other hand, there have been limited, if any, changes to the offense to suit the "Running Back," in this case a fella by the name of Ryan Grant. The team also drafted the newest class of college players in what is called the Amateur Draft under the presumption that this Aaron Rodgers player would be the "Quarterback" instead of Brett Favre.

No shit he wants a roster "full of his guys." HE IS THE FUCKING GENERAL MANAGER. It's his JOB to create a roster "full of his guys." Your assertions that he ran Favre out of town to claim the glory of Green Bay football for himself sound like the ramblings of a retarded juvenile upset he got the purple flavored juicebox for lunch instead of the orange.

Partial
Partial,

While I am on the Favre side... you cannot tell me that you know that for sure... I believe strongly Favre should be our QB, but like many posters have already said, Rodgers could be an amazing QB.. who knows

Perhaps, but its disrespectful to Brett, MM, and all the vets to find out. He has an equal or greater chance of NOT being an amazing qb.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
thats why a competition is the best way to work it out, but Harlan made a great point to that too... it has to be equal and BOTH sides have to agree to the implications of the decision

Partial
OK Skin, whatever you say. Favre had an amazing year last year. If the Packers don't get back to the NFCC in the next two or three years than TT will have dropped the ball and wasted a lot of talent. Time will tell.

MM even said the offense did not change with A-Rod. Don't be a fool. There isn't any difference at this point.

Zool

He chose to go workout from home for the optional team activities, much like Chuck, Al, Chad, Bubba etc have for years.

Again, WHERE is the difference? I don't see it. Seems that Brett had a pretty good year in 2003 despite missing all of those things as well.

See i guess i missed the stuff where Favre was at the OTA's and the mini camps.

cheesner
07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
. . . Why does everyone take the Sidewinder's side when he is disrespecting the greatest packer ever. Without Favre, the Packers probably wouldn't be around, and the Sidewinder wouldn't have a job.
Maybe they are just defending him because of ridiculous posts like this. Calling TT names like 'Sidewinder' is immature and callous.

Saying the Packers 'probably wouldn't be around' without Favre is just plain ridiculous.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Your assertions that he ran Favre out of town to claim the glory of Green Bay football for himself sound like the ramblings of a retarded juvenile upset he got the purple flavored juicebox for lunch instead of the orange.

That was epic. Best post of the day, so far.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:31 PM

Ryan Grant was there sitting on the sidelines posting to his livejournal. What is the difference?

Again, Favre has shown he can perform at a ridiculously high level (read: higher than it is likely A-Rod will ever get to) without attending said events.

He's inshape, which is more than we can say for a good amount of the team.

Stop making excuses, the attempts are weak.

The fact of the matter is they do not want Favre and think they are better off with A-Rod. That is a bad decision in my opinion, and if the stock holders had any say in the matter it would not A) be the case, B) have gotten this far.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
. . . Why does everyone take the Sidewinder's side when he is disrespecting the greatest packer ever. Without Favre, the Packers probably wouldn't be around, and the Sidewinder wouldn't have a job.
Maybe they are just defending him because of ridiculous posts like this. Calling TT names like 'Sidewinder' is immature and callous.

Saying the Packers 'probably wouldn't be around' without Favre is just plain ridiculous.

Oh really? 40 years of losing wouldn't have had the team go bankrupt or move shop? laughable.

This team was horrendous when Favre got here, and he turned it into a winner for 16 straight years. He made the Packers what they are today.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
The fact of the matter is they do not want Favre and think they are better off with A-Rod. That is a bad decision in my opinion

Super Bowl (Denver): 256 yards, 3 touchdowns, 2 TOs
San Francisco: 292 yards, 2 touchdowns, 2 Ints
San Francisco:269, 2 touchdowns, 1 Int
St. Louis: 281, 2 touchdowns, 6 Ints
Atlanta: 247, 1 touchdown, 2 Ints
Seattle: 319, 1 touchdown, 0 Ints
Philadelphia180 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 Int
Minnesota216 yards, 1 touchdown, 4 Ints
Seattle172 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 Ints
NY 236 yards, 2 touchdowns, 2 Ints

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

3 playoff wins in last decade.

Why not give another guy a shot, see what someone else can do?

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Oh really? 40 years of losing wouldn't have had the team go bankrupt or move shop? laughable.

This team was horrendous when Favre got here, and he turned it into a winner for 16 straight years. He made the Packers what they are today.

I may be wrong, but since the Packers are a public owned team, wouldn't the shareholders have to vote in favor of moving the team in order to set up shop somewhere else?

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM

Ryan Grant was there sitting on the sidelines posting to his livejournal. What is the difference?

Again, Favre has shown he can perform at a ridiculously high level (read: higher than it is likely A-Rod will ever get to) without attending said events.

He's inshape, which is more than we can say for a good amount of the team.

Stop making excuses, the attempts are weak.

The fact of the matter is they do not want Favre and think they are better off with A-Rod. That is a bad decision in my opinion, and if the stock holders had any say in the matter it would not A) be the case, B) have gotten this far.

I can only play with the hand that I'm dealt. Grant went to all the practices and meetings. Your Favre love has gone past your usual man lust. Its down right unhealthy. Brett said I should ask you if you gargle.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
They said they moved on because they spent all offseason implementing the new offense.

Actually, MM has said that this is not the case. They said they moved on because he was (and still is) retired. Most everything else was just people speculating including the new offense theory.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 02:39 PM
OK Skin, whatever you say. Favre had an amazing year last year. If the Packers don't get back to the NFCC in the next two or three years than TT will have dropped the ball and wasted a lot of talent. Time will tell.

MM even said the offense did not change with A-Rod. Don't be a fool. There isn't any difference at this point.

Listen, I get it Partial. You're upset that Favre is gone. You loved him. But you know what? You got to find better outlets for your jock tonguing rage. Trying to compare Brett's and Grant's situations is unfathomable to just about everyone here but you. Now either that makes you wrong and or misguided in your attempts to blame Thompson for all the evils in the world, or it makes you some kind of football genius. Or somewhere between, like an idiot savant of cross-comparing football player/management negotiations.

I won't say which conclusion I've drawn, but I'm just sayin'... Sometimes it's just a fart and not the flap of a butterfly's wings.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
The fact of the matter is they do not want Favre and think they are better off with A-Rod. That is a bad decision in my opinion

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

It's classy to discount all the other success' that he has had.

He played lights out in Seattle, and had a bad game like everyone else did in the cold against NY. Note that he kept his team in there and gave them a chance to win.

How many times would we have been in those games to begin with without Favre? The talent was abysmal other than Brett on most of those teams.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM

Listen, I get it Partial. You're upset that Favre is gone. You loved him. But you know what? You got to find better outlets for your jock tonguing rage. Trying to compare Brett's and Grant's situations is unfathomable to just about everyone here but you. Now either that makes you wrong and or misguided in your attempts to blame Thompson for all the evils in the world, or it makes you some kind of football genius. Or somewhere between, like an idiot savant of cross-comparing football player/management negotiations.

I won't say which conclusion I've drawn, but I'm just sayin'... Sometimes it's just a fart and not the flap of a butterfly's wings.

Genius.

It's all the Sidewinder. Otherwise why don't they let him come in and compete?

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

He played lights out in Seattle, and had a bad game like everyone else did in the cold against NY. Note that he kept his team in there and gave them a chance to win.

How many times would we have been in those games to begin with without Favre? The talent was abysmal other than Brett on most of those teams.

Who brought that talent in?

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

False:

1997: 13-3
2001: 12-4
2002: 12-4
2003: 10-6
2004: 10-6
2007: 13-3

Average wins per year: 11.66

Bad teams, alright.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM

No. The Packers have twelve championships and only one of them involved Favre. The fans have already proven that they will stuck with the Pack through very tough times. I take your comments as a personal insult. Maybe you would have let them go bankrupt, but enough of the rest of us would have stood by our team.

cheesner
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Lambeau field has been sold out what since 1960. The wait for season tickets is longer than there are seats in the stadium. How long has Brett been around? Let me guess, you are 17 yo and all you know is the Brett era.

NFL's main income is TV revenue which is shared equally among all teams.

Move shop? Perhaps you aren't aware, the team is owned by the fans. They aren't going anywhere.

You are discounting the first 71 years of the organization? The Packers have 12 NFL championships. Only 1 of these was with Favre. In the 88 years the Packers played they won on average a championship every 7.3 years. With one victory, the Favre era brought us 1 Championship in 16 years. The Packers have done poorer on average with Favre.

Laughable? Indeed.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM
He made the Packers what they are today.

Brett's had some pretty good drafts. A little spotty of the FA front over his time here, but his contract negotiation shouldn't be underestimated. He's also devised some great defenses, and some poor ones, but his coaching has been better than average on the whole I suppose.

And as Zool's pointed out before, that time Brett Favre intercepted the pass and lateraled it to Brett Favre for the TD was priceless. The ensuing onside kick by Brett Favre and recovered by Brett Favre was even better. But not to be outdone by Brett Favre passing to Brett Favre after some fine pass protection by Brett Favre and what some detractors have deemed an illegal pick by fellow receiver Brett Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

I'm all for moving on, but Brett was a great player for us. I won't diminish that. You and I both know there were some circumstances surrounding the team that didn't give Brett the best shot to succeed. St. Louis outclassed us. We were down big before he started throwing most of his interceptions. He didn't have a bad game against Philadelphia, and we should have won the game long before the one pick he threw. We were missing most our receivers against Minnesota. He was okay against the Giants until the last quarter and a half. It is the first time that I doubted he could get the job done though.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM

No. The Packers have twelve championships and only one of them involved Favre. The fans have already proven that they will stuck with the Pack through very tough times. I take your comments as a personal insult. Maybe you would have let them go bankrupt, but enough of the rest of us would have stood by our team.

Exactly right.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Here Partial, maybe you missed it:

The talent was abysmal other than Brett on most of those teams

False:

motife
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Thompson Press Conference Transcript :

Good afternoon. Welcome to our training camp. We had a great practice this morning, looking forward to the first padded practice this afternoon. A couple of things that I wanted to touch on, and then we'll just do our normal take some questions. There have been a lot of reports throughout all of this, and I understand that, but sometimes things get skewed by the time they get out. I did want to comment that Brett and I had a couple of conversations on Saturday. I think both of them lasted approximately 45 minutes or so. It was very professional. It was very cordial. We talked about a lot of things. We acknowledged, both of us, that this is a unique and at times difficult situation. I think he and I are both aware of that, as all of the parties are, and probably you are too. We talked about different options that were available. I stated my case as to why I thought certain options were better. He certainly had his opinion on his options. At the end of the day, we still have not gotten to the point where we agree on what the best option is. We have sort of agreed to disagree, and at that time he suggested he would probably delay coming to training camp for at least a couple of days to see how things worked out. He asked me to present to you guys at some point, and I think now is an appropriate time, his reasoning behind that. His reasoning behind that is he cares very much about this team, cares about these players, his former teammates, so he doesn't want to do anything to disrupt from that. He felt strongly that he wanted to get that out so I wanted to make sure that I told you guys that at the onset. We're still working through where we are. There have been no resolutions, no updates. We are trying to do the right thing and we will continue to try to do the right thing for all parties. There are not any simple answers, but that is what we are tasked to do in terms of working through this. As a leader here, I feel a responsibility to try to do this and try to do this in a proper manner and it's an ongoing thing that we're going to do the best we can. Having said that, it was very good to get out on the practice field on a beautiful Wisconsin morning and see our guys go at it. It's good to get started.

(Does the organization even want Brett back?)
There are a lot of different scenarios and Brett and I talked about that. That's one scenario, where he comes back. We've said all along, we've never changed our message in this regard, that with his retirement and subsequent affirmation of that retirement, we have made a commitment to move forward. He understands that. I'm not saying he's in total agreement, but as a football guy, he understands that, and that's where we are. What does that mean? Does that mean he comes back in a different role or something like that? That would just be determined as we go forward.

(Does him coming back represent not moving forward?)
I'm just saying, him coming back, we have to prepare our team. Come draft time, we decided we had to get this position ready, so we have three young quarterbacks that we have to prepare to play. Now how Brett factors into that group? We would just have to wait and see. We wouldn't know. Time marches on, things happen, but there are scenarios where he would be here and he would be fine.

(Why not have a competition if he comes back?)
Again, I thought it was important for me to be perfectly honest with Brett that we have started down this path and it doesn't make sense for us to turn around and go back now. We have to continue down this path. Where that leads, I don't know, but I didn't want to be dishonest or disingenuous and say OK, we can do this and then change our mind. I think Brett Favre deserves more than that, so we told him the way we felt.

(But why do you have to continue down this path? Why not let him back and say the best quarterback wins?)
We believe that this is the path that we should be on. We believe this is the best thing in the best interest of the organization, both in the short term and the long term.

(If you say he deserves better than that, why not give him what he wants?)
The club has certain rights in this too. We've told Brett that we would work with him and obviously it would have to be an in-tandem thing to work out any sort of trade or whatever. But to just offer a blanket release just relinquishing all of the club's rights to me doesn't make good business sense.

(Would you ever consider trading him to a NFC North team?)
No.

(Is it not accurate that he wanted to come in and you asked him not to do that?)
No, no. That's kind of the thing that gets skewed. Like I said, we had a great conversation. We had a 45-minute conversation and a couple of hours later we had another 45-minute conversation. During those conversations at some point I kind of wanted to say OK, let me answer this from the earlier conversation and this from the earlier conversation, so I laid out some, what I thought, were some valid reasons why delaying reinstatement would make a lot of sense. At the end of this conversation, he said something to the effect of why don't we do something like this, but I would like the team to know that I care about them.

(Did he give you a deadline where if you don't have something in place that he would report?)
No, he didn't. I think he used the term a couple of days.

(Was that an accurate quote that you said you would get fired if he came in?)
That would not be the way that I would interpret that. Again, I can't answer for how someone else interpreted it, and I'm not saying who said what, which is way bigger than that, so that's not what I am saying. I'm just saying that would not be my interpretation of that conversation.

(Is it feasible that a trade could be made by Wednesday?)
I don't know. With any trade, certainly a trade of an iconic figure like this, sometimes there are complications in there. I just think it's a matter of all of the parties coming together and saying this is a good idea. We're not there yet, so I think that would be the complication.

(Are you saying that when you made the comment that you'll get fired, that was made in jest?)
No, again, I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to want to get into he said, she said. I'm just saying that was not my interpretation of our conversation.

(Were you relieved when he decided not to come?)
We talked about this; I just felt like it had the potential to be, it's kind of a crush here anyway, but it had the potential to be a little bit more of a distraction than normal. I'm very proud of our team. I'm very impressed with these guys on this team, and I think we can handle it whenever, if that happens. I just felt like a couple of days really doesn't take any of his options away and it allows some more conversations to go forth.

(From the conversations you have had, do you think you can get anything approaching fair value in a trade?)
I don't know. Business is business, and we have our duty as officers of the Packers to try to do what is right. But at the same time we are trying to marry that with doing what is right and what Brett would like as well. We haven't gotten there yet. I don't know if it's fair to speculate in terms of what we would expect in terms of market value. I know there have been a lot of reports out there but none of them have much substance to them because it hasn't been run by me yet.

(How would you characterize the talks you are having with teams, how many teams?)
I'm sorry, I wouldn't care to comment on that, and we never would. It wouldn't matter if it was for Brett Favre or for some other player on our 80-man roster. We would never comment on potential trades like that.

(But it is fair to say they are active and ongoing?)
There have been some kicking of tires type conversations.

(Has Brett told you teams he would or would not go to?)
No.

(If you were the general manager of another team, wouldn't you I am going to let this play out a little bit longer and see if they let him go?)
I suppose that is one way of looking at it. I'm not sure that I am that smart. I suppose some people might look at it like that.

(Would it be fair to say that the most desirable outcome for the team is a trade?)
No, the most desirable outcome is to get to a point where the Packers can say we have done our job. We have done our job in representing the Packers. We have done our job in trying to help Brett Favre get where he wants to be. If that means a trade, fine. If that means something else, fine. I'm not saying it's easy, but we're trying to do this so that everybody comes out of this and feels OK. This is the way it should be.

(When you spoke to Brett this weekend, did he still say that he wanted to play for the Packers?)
I think I'll let Brett field those questions. Most of our conversations, I know I have relayed some of them, but as you guys that cover this team, I don't talk too much about private conversations that I have, so I would prefer to kind of hang on to that.

(You did make a trade with the Vikings on draft day and you said you probably wouldn't do that with a player. Why wouldn't you do that if they would pay the highest price and seem to want him the most?)
I wouldn't comment on any specific team. I'm just saying divisional rivals, there's a special bond, I suppose we could use that word. Player-for-player within the division is rare, I would think. That was the reason I answered that. In terms of trading draft picks for another pick and then you get another pick back and all that, I don't see the harm in that. If they do good, fine, if we do good, that's even better.

(Is that why a release isn't a realistic possibility, because he could go to a team that you don't want him to?)
Again, a release just doesn't make a lot of sense from the Packers' point of view. I've not heard many people say that's a good option, even people that would like to hang me in effigy outside. They don't like that option either.

(If you are confident in Aaron Rodgers and the position the team is in, why not just release him?)
I don't think the two are intertwined there. Yes, we are very confident in our team, and when we addressed the team, we addressed them in that regard. We expect to win, just like I've told you guys. But, there's a business side of this, there's a common sense side of this that says just to relinquish all our rights doesn't make much business sense.

(Are you prepared for the possibility that he could be here on Wednesday?)
I don't think we've ... quite frankly, I talk to the team briefly and then I always leave. I don't even know what Mike talked about. Yeah, we're prepared for that. Any retired player can do this, and then you decide what you want to do after. You would go through the same processing procedure, physicals and stuff like that.

(Are you prepared for him to be the backup quarterback for the entire season?)
Well, we'll just have to see how that works out. Again, we bring him in, get him physicaled and see where it goes from there.

(Mike said the other day this has been the most difficult experience of his coaching career. What has it been like for you?)
It's been difficult. I think it's been difficult for everybody, and to be fair, I think it's been very very difficult for Brett. It's not his fault that he retired. It's not his fault that he changed his mind, and we spoke about this the other day, but at the same time it's not the organization's fault either. It's just, it's a difficult spot, and everybody I believe in this wants to have a good outcome, and we're just not there yet. But as ultimately the guy responsible for this team and for the way it's portrayed publicly, it's important for us to get through this.

(What makes you so sure that you are doing the right thing by not bringing him back as the starting quarterback, as far as going with an inexperienced quarterback over a guy who has won a lot of games?)
We're still wanting to try to win football games, and we're going to win football games. I think you use the experience that you've had everywhere you've been. When I was here before, back when I was playing, all the coaches' experience that they've been through, the other people. We don't just make arbitrary decisions. We talk it over with all of our staff. We go through this over and over again, and yeah, we've talked through the different scenarios. And I understand why there are people out there that think, 'Holy smokes, you're crazy.' I just think it's important for people to know we believe this is the right direction for the Packers to go both now and in the future.

(In your most recent conversation with Brett, did he affirm his commitment to playing football this season?)
I think he said ... I think it's fair to say in that conversation he wants to play football, yes.

(Is it safe to say that you feel you will be a better team with Aaron Rodgers as the starting quarterback?)
Again, that's kind of splitting hairs there. We've made this decision, the direction we're going has been set. It will be up to history to determine whether we made the right decision.

(How much of a role does ego play in this?)
For me? None. You can have mine. I don't have one left, I don't think. Not after this.

(Is it realistic for Brett to come back after he basically called you a liar?)
Again, I've never had a bad conversation with Brett. I don't know about the translations in the media. But this is the National Football League. This is made for grown-ups. You can't be governed by your feelings. You can't be governed because somebody might have hurt your feelings. We're not going to do that, we're not going to be like that. We're going to take the high road, we're going to try to make the right decisions for the Packers, and if that's the right decision for the Packers, then that's what we'll do.

(Ryan Grant's agent made some critical comments about the offer he received. What can you say about the situation?)
The Ryan Grant thing, he is in a remarkably unique position year-wise. It's a negotiation. It's ongoing. We do not negotiate in the press. We don't think that serves a purpose. We aren't necessarily offended by the fact that some agents like to do that. But we're working through it. Ryan is a good man, a good player, and we're going to try to get him back in here.

(Any sense of a timetable?)
I don't. I think that's one of those things we spoke about before. It's sort of the cake is cooked when it's cooked.

(Was Brett's cell phone issued by the Packers?)
I will answer that question, I suppose, even though Jeff said I couldn't. I will answer it this way. There are no, and none that I've ever heard of certainly since I've been back, and I would think I would know, any cell phones that any of our players have that are issued by the Packers.

motife
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Mike McCarthy transcript :

(Why was Ryan Pickett limited today?)
Ryan Pickett has a slight hamstring strain. It happened last week working out, so we're just, as I always say, being smart.

(Will either Pickett or Justin Harrell be on the PUP list?)
Oh, no. They are going to be...I think their situations are both in the, I would say Ryan is more day-to-day and Justin would be week-to week.

(Are you still offering 50 dollars for non-Brett Favre related questions?)
I'm broke.

(What have you said to the team as far as handling this situation?)
I just think, number one, they have an opinion. I tell them all of the time to be positive with the media, have a plan of the types of questions that you're probably going to be asked, and just trust your heart.

(How was the first practice?)
I thought it was good. I thought it was a good, solid practice. We had too many pre-snap penalties. We had six pre-snap penalties, but the tempo was excellent. We finished plus-10 as far as our timing of getting in and out of the drills. I thought the instruction periods were very good, as good as I have seen this early in training camp. Very pleased with the work we had this morning.

(How strange was it to have a practice with Favre not out there?)
How strange? I haven't thought about it. We practiced all spring without Brett, so I'm sure it's different more for the people that haven't been here. Once again, I thought it was a very, very good practice this morning.

(How many players will be one-a-day guys?)
Just the older guys. (Chad) Clifton, Kabeer (Gbaja-Biamila). Kabeer feels fine. They're just not the youngest guys anymore, so we'll just watch guys like Mark Tauscher and some of the older guys.

(Any update on Ryan Grant's contract and how important is it for him to be here?)
Number one, just like I said Saturday in here, it's important for Ryan to be here. These practices are important. I think everybody realizes that. My understanding is both sides are working diligently to make this work. I appreciate the way Ryan went about the offseason and kept on top of everything we did here. I'm just looking forward to getting Ryan back here.

(Are you concerned about him getting behind?)
I don't concern myself with business matters. I can't control it. His is a business situation. Like I have stated, he did a very good job in the offseason program of staying on top of everything that was added, just doing all of the little things, the one-on-one time with his position coach, Edgar Bennett. I think Ryan will be fine. Once again, we are looking forward to getting him back here.

(Which position has the most competitive battle going on?)
I think throughout our team, really I wouldn't say any position. I would say special teams as a whole because our depth has really improved. You could see our second- and third-year players have really stepped up, so I think the biggest competition you'll see throughout the preseason will be on the special teams units.

(You have three quarterbacks, one kicker, one punter, are you comfortable with the lack of competition there?)
Part of it is the 80-man roster. I think every team in the National Football League is experiencing that this year. The three quarterbacks, frankly, is by design. It's something that I wanted to look at and Ted thinks it is a great idea obviously to go with three quarterbacks. With the type of training camp that we have, I've talked about it in here before, we don't have as many practices that we have in the past. All three of our quarterbacks are extremely young so they need those reps, and just being smart with them. The three quarterbacks is something that we wanted to look at and I think it's going to be a benefit and probably something that we'll continue to do in the future.

(Were you taken aback by the bitter tone of some of Brett's comments?)
I'll just say this; I spoke about it some on Saturday. Brett Favre and I didn't agree on things, whether it was the game plan and this and that. I don't agree with what was in quotes. I couldn't see Ted Thompson making those statements, but I'm not going to sit here and referee articles and interviews. That's not my place, that's not my focus. It's something that has gone on. We're all in this position and we're all dealing with it the best we can and staying on the high road.

(Now that camp has started, do you still have a role in the resolution of this whole situation?) Yeah, I would definitely say I'm still involved. Conversations between Ted Thompson and I happen throughout the day, so I would say I'm definitely involved.

(Would he be doing this team a disservice by showing up at camp and creating a distraction?) I don't view it that way. It's an option. Once again, this is a very unusual situation that we're in. It really falls under the terms of a business decision. Those are one of his options. We have a very strong locker room. I have great confidence in our players. If you look at the makeup of our locker room, 25 percent, 21 players, have never even met Brett Favre. There are a lot of things that we talked about, I wouldn't say a lot of things. We talked about it as a team yesterday. I don't foresee Brett Favre coming in here as a problem. Brett Favre is a big part of the Green Bay Packers history, and he may be a part of the future as we move forward, and that's an option that he has if he reinstates.

(Have you addressed the team about how to handle the situation if Brett does report?)
I don't want to tell them how to handle it. We're all men here. I think everybody has an understanding of what's going on. I just outlined it yesterday in our team meeting. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time on it. We'll deal with it. We're a football team, and football players play football, and they've handled it better than anybody. And it's time for the coaches to coach and the players to play, and at the end of the day, that's what our guys are excited about.

(Do you have a plan for the reps at quarterback if he does show up?)
We'll have a plan if we cross that bridge, I can promise you that.

(Was part of only keeping three quarterbacks because that you thought Brett might come back?)
I would say the three quarterbacks in camp is by design because of a number of different factors. Their youth, the 80-man roster. It's something we wanted to look at.

Advertisement

(How did Aaron Rodgers handle things today?)
How did he handle it? I thought Aaron had a very good day today. I thought he was very sharp in the meetings. I thought he's done a very good job of detailing the finer points of our offense, and just the communication between Tom Clements - I think Tom Clements is doing a great job with our younger quarterbacks, and also the job he's done with Aaron to this point. I thought they had a real solid day out there today. He had the one pre-snap penalty. You do not want that, obviously. But I thought he had a very solid day today.

(Has he kind of ignored all of this outside stuff?)
How can you ignore all this? I think he's dealing with it fine. These are external things that we have to deal with it, and he's doing everything he's supposed to do internally, I can promise you that.

(Has he talked to you about the whole situation?)
We spoke briefly about it yesterday.

(What did he say?)
We spoke briefly about it yesterday.

(How would you compare this offseason to past years?)
We had a great offseason, but the offseason ... the summer was different, if that's what you're referring to. Our offseason program was the best we've had here in three years. That's something that was the main focus for our football team coming out of the meetings yesterday, to pick up where we left off on June 19, and I thought we did that this morning. So I'm very pleased with that. But the summertime, ... just watch ESPN. It's well-documented. That's my summer.

(When did Shaun Bodiford get hurt and when did he have surgery?)
I would say about 10 days ago. It's something that's been bothering him.

(Did he flunk his physical?)
We're still working through that.

(Was Johnny Jolly doing some long snapping today?)
Johnny has done that before. He has that ability, and this is the time of year, training camp, you're always trying to make sure you have as many people repped in those types of skill positions.

(Is he full go with his shoulder?)
Just limited reps. I'd like to see him go through every practice. But he's limited reps right now.

(Brandon Jackson stepped into the number one spot early last year after Vernand Morency got hurt. How better prepared is he this season to step in?)
I think he looks like a different player from this time last year, and I think you could say that for a lot of rookies. But I talked about Brandon last week. I think Brandon Jackson is one of the players as we went through the offseason program that you would expect to have an impact on our season, whether it be at the running back position, also special teams. He never played special teams until almost the end of last year. I think he's definitely going to be a factor as we move forward as a core player there. He's had a great offseason.

(As tough as it was for him last year, is it paying dividends now?)
Clearly, the value. Just, number one, being a young player, but then when all the injuries happened to the running back group, and then taking all the reps, and then he gets hurt the week of the Philadelphia game, and then he didn't have a lot of success early, because of where we were with the run game, I think those are all tough lessons he can draw from.

(Any guys who were out of shape or couldn't do the run test?)
No. Of the three years, this was our lowest number of players either from a medical standpoint who did not go through the run test, so that's pleasing. That's probably something that has to do with the youth of our team. But as far as the conditioning part of it, we had an excellent turnout. We had one guy that cramped, something minor.

(How was DeShawn Wynn's offseason?)
Very good. I think he's done an exemplary job in the weight room. Very powerful, gifted young man. He's another one I look forward to step up and take advantage of the opportunity he's going to be given.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:56 PM

False:

Again, a direct result of having the best quaterback ever.

The 2002 team was stacked and got broken down by injuries come playoff time. The 2003 team didn't have a defense. The 2004 team again had an awful defense. Last year we were stacked and came up short in the final seconds. In 1997, we were not nearly as good as the year before and lost in the super bowl to one of the greatest teams ever. 2001 we ran into a stacked Rams team. Don't be a fool.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM

False:

The 2002 team was stacked and got broken down by injuries come playoff time. The 2003 team didn't have a defense. The 2004 team again had an awful defense. Last year we were stacked and came up short in the final seconds. In 1997, we were not nearly as good as the year before and lost in the super bowl to one of the greatest teams ever. 2001 we ran into a stacked Rams team. Don't be a fool.

I forgot. Its NEVER Favres fault, is it? But the credit ALWAYS goes to him. I mean, Javon, Ahman, Driver, Franks, that sic oline, none of them helped. My fault.

Dude, those teams were LOADED with All Pros.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM

False:

I forgot. Its NEVER Favres fault, is it? But the credit ALWAYS goes to him. I mean, Javon, Ahman, Driver, Franks, that sic oline, none of them helped. My fault.

Dude, those teams were LOADED with All Pros.

You must remember : For The Cult, it is NEVER Favre's fault!

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 03:06 PM

Lambeau field has been sold out what since 1960. The wait for season tickets is longer than there are seats in the stadium. How long has Brett been around? Let me guess, you are 17 yo and all you know is the Brett era.

NFL's main income is TV revenue which is shared equally among all teams.

Move shop? Perhaps you aren't aware, the team is owned by the fans. They aren't going anywhere.

You are discounting the first 71 years of the organization? The Packers have 12 NFL championships. Only 1 of these was with Favre. In the 88 years the Packers played they won on average a championship every 7.3 years. With one victory, the Favre era brought us 1 Championship in 16 years. The Packers have done poorer on average with Favre.

Laughable? Indeed.

Half of them occurred in a a ten year span stats can be slanted any why you what to use them. I agree with you as far as the team not going anywhere but the stadium my not have happened without such a long span of success but who knows.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM

I may be wrong, but since the Packers are a public owned team, wouldn't the shareholders have to vote in favor of moving the team in order to set up shop somewhere else?

Bump for an answer.

Partial
07-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Bump for an answer.

I doubt it. They certainly weren't consulted on who the better player is and who should be the starting quarterback. They're publically owned only in the sense that tax payers are expected to foot more of the bill for their stadiums, etc. This whole event has shown how little MMurphy and TT care what the public thinks despite being their employer.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Bump for an answer.

I doubt it. They certainly weren't consulted on who the better player is and who should be the starting quarterback. They're publically owned only in the sense that tax payers are expected to foot more of the bill for their stadiums, etc. This whole event has shown how little MMurphy and TT care what the public thinks despite being their employer.

As I hear it, there were just as many shareholders that were applauding TT as there were booing him. Newsflash Partial, many shareholders are supportive of the decisions that TT has made. The public isn't exactly speaking in one voice. Is TT just supposed to care about what those who are booing care about, or are those people who applaud him just as important?

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
"They certainly weren't consulted on who the better player is and who should be the starting quarterback."

I think the fans should have a say in what plays are being called.
We could all have our cellphones wired directly to the quarterback's helmet.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
"They certainly weren't consulted on who the better player is and who should be the starting quarterback."

I'm sure you'd have Sherman, thousands of miles away, calling for a screen pass every play.

Partial
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM

No, but I think the owners of the company should have some say when the organization is screwing over its greatest player ever in favor of an unproven, injury prone first year player when they have as a good of a shot as any to win the super bowl.

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you Motife for the transcripts. I, too, don't have NFL Network.

Basically, with Thompson, it was No News. And even though some chronic whiners in here are whining about that, I'd say, No News is Good News. No News ad infinitum would mean Favre fades back into retirement, and that is the best outcome we can hope for.

Some people buy into the media crap about anger and bad feeling between Favre and the Packer leadership, bitterness, etc. There's no evidence of that. That's all hype built up by troublemakers with an agenda--the assholes of the media who are the REAL villains in this whole mess. Thompson even sort of said that, although I wish he had been less tactful to that bunch of media bastards.

The important question--unlike all this Favre silliness--is about Ryan Granrt. There, no news is NOT good news. Unlike Favre, without Grant, the Packers really would be a worse team--despite the fact that Jackson is a decent player, good attitude, apparently, and much improved over last year. He just doesn't have the burst and special natural ability of Grant.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 03:45 PM

No, but I think the owners of the company should have some say when the organization is screwing over its greatest player ever in favor of an unproven, injury prone first year player when they have as a good of a shot as any to win the super bowl.

You want these guys to have a say in our personnel decisions?

http://a456.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/64/l_a1462bbb3af56ae3e41eb71c2ef60627.jpg

Lurker64
07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I trust the cardboard cutout of Favre to not make any bad decisions, at least.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank You motife. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Ted Thompson has what I deem selective re-call. :D

I also sense that Favre makes him nervous and that's a good thing if I'm correct. It sure sucks for me personally to have him as Favre's GM right now and given this situation.

He will piss a lot of Packer fans off if he contributes to making any trade to any interested team nigh unrealistic to impossible. TT is under a microscope.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 04:07 PM

19 touchdowns, 20 TOs

I'm all for moving on, but Brett was a great player for us. I won't diminish that. You and I both know there were some circumstances surrounding the team that didn't give Brett the best shot to succeed. St. Louis outclassed us. We were down big before he started throwing most of his interceptions. He didn't have a bad game against Philadelphia, and we should have won the game long before the one pick he threw. We were missing most our receivers against Minnesota. He was okay against the Giants until the last quarter and a half. It is the first time that I doubted he could get the job done though.

I never thought I'd ever get here Re: YOU HarveyWallbangers and Brett Favre.

Nothing personal man. Your stance is a little surprizing. I'm sure you wrestled with it all, arriving where you have. Devided loyalties make it very hard. You chose.

I do respect your choice. All considered I can't help disagree with it. That's just me. 8-)

imscott72
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM

Genius.

It's all the Sidewinder. Otherwise why don't they let him come in and compete?

I can understand why they don't let him come in and compete. The message you're sending to Rodgers is that "Hey were not sure if you're the man or not so we're going to give Brett a chance here." Is that the message they want to send? A monster quarterback controversy is not what this team needs right now. Lets leave that to the Bears.

imscott72
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
TT is under a microscope.

GM's are always under a microscope. They know this when they take the job. He still has a job to do and he's going to do what's best for the team. His job depends on it.

cpk1994
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM

Your hatred swollows YOU cpk1994. Help youself. Please. I'm pulling for you cpk1994.

Caring for you a lot cpk1994. You can get there. I have faith ' in you '. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!I think the guys with the white coats an the nets are looking for you. *cuckoo* *cuckoo* :crazy:

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM

GM's are always under a microscope. They know this when they take the job. He still has a job to do and he's going to do what's best for the team. His job depends on it.

Remember till you die this imscott72 :

... '' he's ( Ted Thompson ) going to do what's best for the team ... ''imscott72

comment woodbuck27:

If Favre is traded.

That isn't what's best for us right now, as we approach the 2008 season.

** TC just opened.

** Brett Favre is ready to play as OUR starting QB.

** Most in their guts know that he deserves that chance.

** We know Favre is a superior QB to Aaron Rodgers.

** We know that Favre gives us again the best chance to win, get to and go deep in the playoffs.

**We know that Brett Favre is well rested.

** WE know that TT has to think he's still got it, or he'd be giving him away.TT is reported as wanting a first round pick. I read someplace a first and a second,, but that can't be I trust. That would be just stupid.

and this:

First round value in Ted Thompson's world is huge. We saw TT only offer a 4th for the current highest ranked WR in the NFL. Randy Moss.

I could go on. I'll just flat out committ on this. I feel strongly that Ted Thompson is making a huge error.

I also understand 'the heat' he's under. Man O man . That's heavy heat.

Packers Forever.

imscott72
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM

... '' he's ( Ted Thompson ) going to do what's best for the team ... ''

if Favre is traded.

comment woodbuck27:

TC just opened.

Brett Favre is ready to play as OUR starting QB.

Most in their guts know that he deserves that chance.

We know Favre is a superior QB to Aaron Rodgers.

We know that Favre gives us again the best chance to win, get to and go deep in the playoffs.

We know that Brett Favre is well rested.

WE know that TT has to think he's still got it, or he'd be giving him away.TT is reported as wanting a first round pick. I read someplace a first and a second,, but that can't be I trust. That would be just stupid.

Now first round value in Ted Thompson is huge. We saw him only offer a 4th for the current highest ranked WR in the NFL. Randy Moss.

I could go on. I'll just flat out committ this. I feel strongly that Ted Thompson is making a huge error. I also understand 'the heat' he's under.

Man O man . That's heavy heat.

Packers Forever.

I don't know how you can say Favre is superior to Arod when we haven't even seen Arod play except for a couple games as a fill in, which he did pretty well mind you. Remember when Favre took over for the magic man? We were all pretty bummed about that too and look how that turned out. Listen I don't know what the right answer is here and I'm one of the biggest Brett Favre fans out there. I do think he's handled this all wrong and may have burned too many bridges to be our starting QB again. In the end I think we all want whats best for the Packers and we all have different opinions on what that is at this point.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 06:05 PM

It's Ted Thompson. He doesn't give answers.

:bclap:

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Ted says there are no Packer issued cell phones.

Thank you.

Kind of funny how TT let this rumor run wild and many in here and in the media jumped on it like white on rice

His silence often makes him effective; and most do not realize it

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I think we should have a forum test on who's pissed at who and who sides with whom. That'd be fun.

Let's start another dam poll :lol:

I think we could formulate a bunch of football teams in the two divisions

Of course I'm really not sure if I'm pissed at anybody

I'm feeling left out :!:

Partial
07-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Let's start another dam poll :lol:

I think we could formulate a bunch of football teams in the two divisions

Of course I'm really not sure if I'm pissed at anybody

I'm feeling left out :!:

Come on.. you're angry with the sidewinder for dropping the ball. He's a slippery snake in the grass.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Come on.. you're angry with the sidewinder for dropping the ball. He's a slippery snake in the grass.

I swear to Jesus, sometimes you are so queer, it makes my skin crawl.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Kind of funny how TT let this rumor run wild and many in here and in the media jumped on it like white on rice

Give me a break. Since when has Thompson jumped out there and squashed every rumor? He mostly avoids saying anything through the media--which is the way it should be. Shouldn't you jump on Favre for not squashing other rumors that are out there then?

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 08:44 PM

Give me a break. Since when has Thompson jumped out there and squashed every rumor? He mostly avoids saying anything through the media--which is the way it should be. Shouldn't you jump on Favre for not squashing other rumors that are out there then?

Favre has squashed rumors; for instance he squashed the rumor that he did not want to come back and play in Green Bay when many were noting he was just trying to get released.

vince
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM

Favre has squashed rumors; for instance he squashed the rumor that he did not want to come back and play in Green Bay when many were noting he was just trying to get released.
Favre has said that. His actions, however speak louder than his words for those who actually pay attention to what he's done and said.

Meanwhile, there are two teams who want to speak with Favre about playing for them, and he refuses to speak with them.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Favre has said that. His actions, however speak louder than his words for those who actually pay attention to what he's done and said.

Meanwhile, there are two teams who want to speak with Favre about playing for them, and he refuses to speak with them.

When you are given the message you are not welcome it's hard to show actions that you want to show up. Getting by the media talk and what we "know", those who pay attention would be reasonable to figure he's been given that message strong and loud.

vince
07-28-2008, 08:55 PM

When you are given the message you are not welcome it's hard to show actions that you want to show up. Getting by the media talk and what we "know", those who pay attention would be reasonable to figure he's been given that message strong and loud.
Brett's actions indicate he wanted to be released long before the team indicated it was moving on.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM

He has been coddled for far too long.
It's time for him to go far, far, far away.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 09:09 PM

He has been coddled for far too long.
It's time for him to go far, far, far away.

Yes, because he's been so bad for Green Bay we should just release his ass

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Ted Thompson has what I deem selective re-call. :D

I also sense that Favre makes him nervous and that's a good thing if I'm correct. It sure sucks for me personally to have him as Favre's GM right now and given this situation.

He will piss a lot of Packer fans off if he contributes to making any trade to any interested team nigh unrealistic to impossible. TT is under a microscope.

Piss off a lot of fans? I don't think so. I really doubt many Packer fans want to see Favre traded for a "realistic" amount. I sure as hell don't!

Granted, Thompson holding out for at least a first rounder and ruling out a lot of teams does make a trade "unrealistic to impossible", but that's a helluva lot better than giving in with a release or "realistic" trade.

MJZiggy
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM

The difference at this point is that Aaron Rodgers is on the Packers' roster. Brett Favre is not. What happens before or after is meaningless unless this fact changes (and I don't care why it has or hasn't happened). If he doesn't turn in the paperwork (not just sign it) then this whole conversation is pixels in the wind.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
OMG

My 4 Year Old Daughter, who is watching the Brewers with me, Just Said out of the blue

"Brett Favre should not have retired at the starting"

Kiara has it right :lol:

Guiness
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM

I swear to Jesus, sometimes you are so queer, it makes my skin crawl.

I bow down to you Partial. If you can make The Basket's skin crawl...well, I can only wish I could cross the line by that much :!: :!:

boiga
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
OMG

My 4 Year Old Daughter, who is watching the Brewers with me, Just Said out of the blue

Kiara has it right :lol:You've got a smart girl there.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
OMG

Thats a nice name.

dissident94
07-28-2008, 10:48 PM

... '' he's ( Ted Thompson ) going to do what's best for the team ... ''

if Favre is traded.

comment woodbuck27:

TC just opened.

Brett Favre is ready to play as OUR starting QB.

Most in their guts know that he deserves that chance.

We know Favre is a superior QB to Aaron Rodgers.

We know that Favre gives us again the best chance to win, get to and go deep in the playoffs.

We know that Brett Favre is well rested.

WE know that TT has to think he's still got it, or he'd be giving him away.TT is reported as wanting a first round pick. I read someplace a first and a second,, but that can't be I trust. That would be just stupid.

Now first round value in Ted Thompson is huge. We saw him only offer a 4th for the current highest ranked WR in the NFL. Randy Moss.

I could go on. I'll just flat out committ this. I feel strongly that Ted Thompson is making a huge error. I also understand 'the heat' he's under.

Man O man . That's heavy heat.

Packers Forever.

I don't know how you can say Favre is superior to Arod when we haven't even seen Arod play except for a couple games as a fill in, which he did pretty well mind you. Remember when Favre took over for the magic man? We were all pretty bummed about that too and look how that turned out. Listen I don't know what the right answer is here and I'm one of the biggest Brett Favre fans out there. I do think he's handled this all wrong and may have burned too many bridges to be our starting QB again. In the end I think we all want whats best for the Packers and we all have different opinions on what that is at this point.

swede
07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
OMG

Thats a nice name.

Somewhere out there is a little girl named Favra I suppose.

And even she'd prolly agree with Kiara about Brett.

dissident94
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Remember when Favre took over for the magic man? We were all pretty bummed about that too and look how that turned out.

That is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

FOr one Farve is a once in a lifetime QB. To think that the same thing will happen with Rodgers is just ignorant. I mean really. Rodgers may turn out to be great but the chances are he will suck. Most QBs suck thats just reality.

Second no one was sad when Majik man went down. It was 3-4 years after his majik 1989 year and we sucked. We had lost the first couple games and he gets hurt. I remember glad to see what we got in the trade.

I remember though being upset when Green Bya traded a 1st round pick for Favre who was a 2nd rd pick though. Thought that was dumb at the time

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
OMG

Thats a nice name.

Thanks; when I was the director of T-Ball in Fort Atkinson I was all about trying to teach kids lessons. Had a young boy spout out that Girls can't play baseball and they aren't any good at sports. I made a bit of a spectacle for the kids and bet that I could pick out any girl on the baseball field to beat him in a straight on race and he said "no way".

At the finish line, I lined all the boys up with their hands up cheering for the boy and then lined up the few girls in that T-Ball group with their hands raised up to cheer the gal on in the race.

All this time, I knew there was this speed burner gal named "Kiara" that would wax this boy in the race. She was one of the fastest kids in the league and killed him in the race.

16 years later every time I see the 23 year old Kiara she reminds me of the race and how cool she thought that was....and I liked the name so after sharing the story with my wife and she liked the name as well we decided that would be the name of child #2

MJZiggy
07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Is she blazing fast?

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Is she blazing fast?

My 7 yr old is very slow
Kiara is pretty fast as well; endless energy and a witty smart @ss for only being 4

bobblehead
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
I remember though being upset when Green Bya traded a 1st round pick for Favre who was a 2nd rd pick though. Thought that was dumb at the time

So what you are saying is that it turns out that some of these professional football talent evaluators know what they are doing....like the one who trained TT......even when it looks bad at the time....like trading a draft pick so we could have san frans offensive coordinator for a coach....I mean no one does that. And drafting a QB in the first round when we already have favre, and cutting sharper, and letting longwell go, and letting henderson go, and finally replacing favre so we can prepare for the future.

For fucks sake even cliff christl would say its better to push a guy out a year early than a year late. I wanted favre back, til he retired. and when he missed OTA and mini's it sealed it for me. I also wanted him to take his own advice to JWalk...shut up and honor your contract, like not telling the GM who to trade for, or draft or or or...fuck it, this is getting really old.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM

So what you are saying is that it turns out that some of these professional football talent evaluators know what they are doing....like the one who trained TT......even when it looks bad at the time....like trading a draft pick so we could have san frans offensive coordinator for a coach....I mean no one does that. And drafting a QB in the first round when we already have favre, and cutting sharper, and letting longwell go, and letting henderson go, and finally replacing favre so we can prepare for the future.

For fucks sake even cliff christl would say its better to push a guy out a year early than a year late. I wanted favre back, til he retired. and when he missed OTA and mini's it sealed it for me. I also wanted him to take his own advice to JWalk...shut up and honor your contract, like not telling the GM who to trade for, or draft or or or...fuck it, this is getting really old.

Be careful. Truth and common sense can draw intense heat from the rabid, frothy ones.

bbbffl66
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
All I know is that with all the love and happiness on this forum now, the Posters Game against Atlanta may have to have extra security in the parking lot! :evil:

Zool
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
All I know is that with all the love and happiness on this forum now, the Posters Game against Atlanta may have to have extra security in the parking lot! :evil:

Nah, its all internet tough. People are pussycats IRL. Dont upset the herd and all that.

Patler
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
FOr one Favre is a once in a lifetime QB. To think that the same thing will happen with Rodgers is just ignorant. I mean really. Rodgers may turn out to be great but the chances are he will suck. Most QBs suck thats just reality.

Second no one was sad when Majik man went down. It was 3-4 years after his majik 1989 year and we sucked. We had lost the first couple games and he gets hurt. I remember glad to see what we got in the trade.

Sure, you can't count on a HOFer following a HOFer, but it DOES happen. At least it did in SF. You can follow a great player with a good one if you PLAN for it, as GB has. Teams get into trouble when they fail to plan.

I remember a lot of concern when Majkowski went down. His problem was never his performance, it was his health. The word about Favre was that he was at least a year or two away from being ready. He was pretty unknown. No one was clamoring for him to replace Majkowski.

Sparkey
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM

Bump for an answer.

I am grateful that they do not run the day to day business operations according to what the "public" wants. If that were the case, a certain coach named Holmgren would never have been hired and the Packers would have probably not given up a 1st round pick for a back-up qb that was a known party animal at that particular time.

Sparkey
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Greatest Packer ever ? I think your youthful ignorance of Packers Team History has skewed your perception of reality...