PDA

View Full Version : DID MM CALL BRETT A LIAR?

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
was watching espnews and it sounded like he said he doesnt believe favre when he says tt begged him not to come back. am i missn sumthn?

packers11
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
* Taken aback by Favre's latest remarks: "Brett Favre and I didn't agree on things, whether it was game planing and this and that. ... I didn't agree with what was in quotes" in Internet reports on Sunday. Doesn't think Thompson really said what Favre says he said. "I'm not going to sit here and referee." Staying on high road.

to answer your question...

yes... basically he is calling him a liar...

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Whats up Mobb.

M3 is the one who has issue with Favre, not Thompson.

KYPack
07-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Hard to call Mobb Deep a rookie, eh?

Still ate up over that NO cornerback, Mobb?

Guiness
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
That quote from Favre was discussed a bit here

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13506&start=0

a few posters felt that it was pretty unlikely TT said that. Dunno that Favre was necessarily lying, but minimum he was being pretty liberal in his paraphrasing.

Fritz
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
This is getting nuttier and nuttier. Maybe - I'm guessing - MM got the best out of Favre last year by pushing Favre and making the guy stay within the game plan. Maybe it worked but Favre didn't like it - wanted to go back to the Sherman era of doing whatever he felt like.

Hmm. Let's just trade the guy to Minny so everybody's happy - Favre happy, Minny happy, and if TT can get a couple of high picks or Kevin Williams, the Pack will be happy.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Whats up Mobb.

M3 is the one who has issue with Favre, not Thompson.

Yes MAD. Mike McCarthy just has to make a slight adjustment to his wardrobe. Give his jockeys a little tug, down. Take a tad of relief.

Also, I suspect. His Irish is up! :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

imscott72
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm. Let's just trade the guy to Minny so everybody's happy - Favre happy, Minny happy, and if TT can get a couple of high picks or Kevin Williams, the Pack will be happy.

why the hell do we want Minny happy? F them. TT knows better than to improve their team by giving them a HOF quarterback.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
why the hell do we want Minny happy? F them. TT knows better than to improve their team by giving them a HOF quarterback.I agree, he shouldnt give them shit but why does TT not know better enough to give his own team a HOF QB?

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
whats up madtown? are u sure about that? cant remeber who said it but i heard that m3 was really close to #4 i think it was trey wingo

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:02 PM
whats up madtown? are u sure about that? cant remeber who said it but i heard that m3 was really close to #4 i think it was trey wingoMaybe it's like that saying about being harder on those that you love the most.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 12:11 PM
FAvre is lying, obviously.

Either Thompson said it as a joke, entirely possible, or he said nothing of the sort.

Favre is misrepresenting Thompson either way.

Guiness
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
whats up madtown? are u sure about that? cant remeber who said it but i heard that m3 was really close to #4 i think it was trey wingoMaybe it's like that saying about being harder on those that you love the most.

If that's the case, you must have one holy heck of a crush on that little blue dog!!!!

MTPackerfan
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM

Either Thompson said it as a joke, entirely possible, or he said nothing of the sort.

Thompson said the conversation had a friendly tone. Of course, none of us know what was said exactly but I would agree that thompsons comment about "getting me fired" may have been a lame attempt at a joke.

boiga
07-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Thompson said the conversation had a friendly tone. Of course, none of us know what was said exactly but I would agree that thompsons comment about "getting me fired" may have been a lame attempt at a joke.That does sound like Ted.

gbpackfan
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Favre needs to shut the fuck up! I'm sick of his BS. God, he has completely turned fans like me against him. He's talking to Childress and Matt Millen now? What is wrong with him? He's a bitter, flip-flopper who is acting like a child.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Thompson said the conversation had a friendly tone. Of course, none of us know what was said exactly but I would agree that thompsons comment about "getting me fired" may have been a lame attempt at a joke.

I wouldn't say a lame attempt at a joke, it was a manipulation. Trying to get Favre on his side with a little :wink: :wink: OBviously Favre didn't entirely buy it, since he threw it back in TT's face with a gossipy and vindictive public interview; but then again TT managed to keep FAvre out of camp, so somehow TT got what he wanted.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:23 PM
why the hell do we want Minny happy? F them. TT knows better than to improve their team by giving them a HOF quarterback.I agree, he shouldnt give them shit but why does TT not know better enough to give his own team a HOF QB?

Hi Mad. Another day closer to destruction.

Ted Thompson ' is being owned ' Mad. His Boss's. I also sence you know that Mad. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Because he doesn't play at a HOF level anymore.

Oh and because of his behavior the last month or so. Im just GUESSING he MAY have pissed a couple people off, IDK.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:26 PM

So it's all about emphasis? :D

Human emotions. Eh?

PACKERS FOREVER!

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM

Oh and because of his behavior the last month or so. Im just GUESSING he MAY have pissed a couple people off, IDK.
You sure about that? Because last year only Brady (in his prime) was better than him and that was heavily attributed to moss IMO.

Cmon, it is clear the Packers didnt want him even before all this mess.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Why make comments to the media Favre? Why? We so often complain about posters attacking the posters instead of the argument. Favre is acting just as childish by trying to publicly humiliate TT the person. What a great way to get what you want...piss off the person who has control over your destiny. :roll: Shutup already Favre you sound more and more like a damn fool everytime you open your mouth.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
why does TT not know better enough to give his own team a HOF QB?

sums up my thoughts the past several weeks. im sure its been stated already but it's a WIN NOW LEAGUE, not win when the understudy matures, etc

i firmly believe arod will do well in pack system but y not n two years; after we've gotten everything out of top 3 QB of all time?

again, im on late show but thought id give my simple two cents (NOT rocket science!)

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM

You sure about that? Because last year only Brady (in his prime) was better than him and that was heavily attributed to moss IMO.

Cmon, it is clear the Packers didnt want him even before all this mess.

Yeah, last year.

What makes you think that he can do the same thing this year as he did last year?

One year older, more pressure after last years NFCCG, no OTAs, and no minicamp

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, last year.

What makes you think that he can do the same thing this year as he did last year?

One year older, more pressure after last years NFCCG, no OTAs, and no minicampUmm, maybe because other than 2005 he has done it every other year. Weak logic you are using there. BTW - "last year" was 8 months ago. I doubt his arm is about to fall off since then.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Chevelle... what makes you think Arod can do anything? a good second half against the cowboys? How can you make that point of "what makes you think he can do it again?" thats absolutely insane because the man has done it better than anyone else for 16 seasons... and you wanna use that line with the guy your defending cant stay healthy after limited playing time?... something dont add up there

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, last year.

One year older, more pressure after last years NFCCG, no OTAs, and no minicampUmm, maybe because other than 2005 he has done it every other year. Weak logic you are using there. BTW - "last year" was 8 months ago. I doubt his arm is about to fall off since then.

What about:

Or every postseason since 1998.

Conveinant, how you left those out.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, last year.

To be honest, he didn't play that well in 2006. Decent, but nothing spectacular. Hell, last year was one of his five best years. Out of leftfield, but it was nice.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Chevelle... what makes you think Arod can do anything? a good second half against the cowboys? How can you make that point of "what makes you think he can do it again?" thats absolutely insane because the man has done it better than anyone else for 16 seasons... and you wanna use that line with the guy your defending cant stay healthy after limited playing time?... something dont add up there

Because if MM thinks so, he is probably right. Some of you act like MM and TT put a blindfold on, ran into the stand, got the first guy they could, and suited him up. Uhh, no. They are with him in practice and in the film room for 4 straight years.

They MIGHT know a LITTLE more than you.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, last year.

What about:

Conveinant, how you left those out.1999 was a disaster (Rhodes and tendinitis)

2000 was the clean up of 1999

2006 was a rebuilt team with a ton of youg players especially on OL.

12 out of 16 is 75% and that is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, last year.

What about:

Conveinant, how you left those out.1999 was a disaster (Rhodes and tendinitis)

2000 was the clean up of 1999

2006 was a rebuilt team with a ton of youg players especially on OL.

12 out of 16 is 75% and that is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 record

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM

sums up my thoughts the past several weeks. im sure its been stated already but it's a WIN NOW LEAGUE, not win when the understudy matures, etc

i firmly believe arod will do well in pack system but y not n two years; after we've gotten everything out of top 3 QB of all time?

again, im on late show but thought id give my simple two cents (NOT rocket science!)

Favre has not acted like he wants to play for the Packers.

That sums up my thoughts of the past several weeks. Also not rocket science. :)

Packerarcher
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, last year.

What about:

Conveinant, how you left those out.

A mediocre Favre with decent talent around him is better than 90% of the starters in the NFL. You can't even begin to put a stat on durability,just ask the bears.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 recordYou do know that 8 of those INTs came in 2 games right?

Even though you will bust out something else after this I just want to say this.

The only way to not finish the season on a losing note is to win the SB every year or dont make the playoffs. Favre has helped get his team to playoffs. I will taking losing in January anytime over finishing with a win in December.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 recordYou do know that 8 of those INTs came in 2 games right?

You know 6 of those touchdowns, came in 2 games, right?

I guess you coor with mediocracy. Me? I want a Super Bowl.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM

HH, wats his motivation at this point? i believe the polarizn's complete; those pro favre or pro "the man"/establishment cant be swayed any longer imho

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 12:50 PM

HH, wats his motivation at this point? i believe the polarizn's complete; those pro favre or pro "the man"/establishment cant be swayed any longer imho

Favre wants to keep the drama hot in hopes of becoming a free agent.

The more of a pain he can be to TT, the better.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM

I guess you coor with mediocracy. Me? I want a Super Bowl.3TDs per game sounds about right. 4 INTs per game doesnt.

I dont really like coors. Always been a King Cobra fan myself.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 12:54 PM

The thing is, MM thinks that Rodgers has already matured. He's been maturing for 3 years as Brett's understudy. Sure, he hasn't started, but neither did Tony Romo or Ben Rothlisberger or Tom Brady before they came in and immediately started winning. And I've yet to hear a reasonable arguement as to why Rodgers cannot duplicate the success of those guys.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM

I guess you coor with mediocracy. Me? I want a Super Bowl.3TDs per game sounds about right. 4 INTs per game doesnt.

Who cars if 8 Ints came in 2 games. He still threw them. What a senseless argument.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:02 PM

Who cars if 8 Ints came in 2 games. He still threw them. What a senseless argument.Then why the hell are you even discusssing this for if every thing someone says is bullshit to you?

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM

Who cars if 8 Ints came in 2 games. He still threw them. What a senseless argument.Then why the hell are you even discusssing this for if every thing someone says is bullshit to you?

Your the one who replied to MY post.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM

AGAIN, on lateshow with this post prob. but pissed WHO off xactly?

and how? by being uncertain? yeah thats a MAJOR transgression; luckily no one else does that in this world. treatn him like a pariah (sp?) or at least as if he waited til late aug to "unretire." and now calln him a liar

my god, i bet the players havnt gotten "pissed off" and theyre the ones who REALLY matter imho. if the team's on board with #4 then lets do this (NOT rocket science)

GMs are dime a dozen but how many great qb's are around rt now?

and if #4 playd every year like he did last yr, he'd be in hof (not sure what qb u were watchn; and dont go sayn how bad he was the previous two years b/c obviously he's FINALLY matured - hear that madtown? he he)

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM

and how? by being uncertain? yeah thats a MAJOR transgression; luckily no one else does that in this world. treatn him like a pariah (sp?) or at least as if he waited til late aug to "unretire." and now calln him a liar

my god, i bet the players havnt gotten "pissed off" and theyre the ones who REALLY matter imho. if the team's on board with #4 then lets do this (NOT rocket science)

and if #4 playd every year like he did last yr, he'd be in hof (not sure what qb u were watchn; and dont go sayn how bad he was the previous two years b/c obviously he's FINALLY matured - hear that madtown? he he)

Speaking english.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Speaking english.I can understand him just fine. Maybe you need to not expect everyone to be like you.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM

Paco, what makes you think that A-Rod CAN'T do anything? Is there something I missed? Did you see something from Rodgers that the rest of us could not see? Why do you hate on Rodgers so?

I personally am not suggesting that Favre can't duplicate his success last season, so don't take that away from my arguement here. What I am stating is quite simply the risk of losing a talented 25 year old QB that could give this team 10+ seasons of winning football in favor of a talented 39 year old QB who could give this team one or two. It's just not worth it to me unless bringing Favre back this year was a GUARANTEE that we'd win a SB this year. Since it's not guaranteed, I'd rather take my chances over time with the 25 year old. Odds are far greater that Rodgers will win one during the remainder of his career than that Favre will win one during the remainder of his.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with a win now attitude. But I personally have a win consistently attitude, which sometimes doesn't jive real well with those who refuse to look beyond the coming season. People love to talk about Rodgers inexperience as his downfall, but those same people don't consider that if Rodgers feels lied to and leaves Green Bay for a better opportunity then we are stuck with Brian Brohm who has even less experience. That's kind of a downer to someone with a win consistently attitude like myself. To me it's not about making Favre happy anymore, since his career is almost over anyway. It's about keeping Rodgers happy so he'll be a Packer as long as Favre has been.

Lurker64
07-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Speaking english.I can understand him just fine. Maybe you need to not expect everyone to be like you.

MOBB is definitely easier to read than Woody.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM

A mexican telling me about English?

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM

A mexican telling me about English?Why dont you capitialize "Mexican" but you do for "English"?

You know Mobb is Black right? Maybe you just need to hang around with people that have some pigment. :D

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM

Paco, what makes you think that A-Rod CAN'T do anything? Is there something I missed? Did you see something from Rodgers that the rest of us could not see? Why do you hate on Rodgers so?

I personally am not suggesting that Favre can't duplicate his success last season, so don't take that away from my arguement here. What I am stating is quite simply the risk of losing a talented 25 year old QB that could give this team 10+ seasons of winning football in favor of a talented 39 year old QB who could give this team one or two. It's just not worth it to me unless bringing Favre back this year was a GUARANTEE that we'd win a SB this year. Since it's not guaranteed, I'd rather take my chances over time with the 25 year old. Odds are far greater that Rodgers will win one during the remainder of his career than that Favre will win one during the remainder of his.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with a win now attitude. But I personally have a win consistently attitude, which sometimes doesn't jive real well with those who refuse to look beyond the coming season. People love to talk about Rodgers inexperience as his downfall, but those same people don't consider that if Rodgers feels lied to and leaves Green Bay for a better opportunity then we are stuck with Brian Brohm who has even less experience. That's kind of a downer to someone with a win consistently attitude like myself. To me it's not about making Favre happy anymore, since his career is almost over anyway. It's about keeping Rodgers happy so he'll be a Packer as long as Favre has been.

Your a good man. :D

I really hoped that Favre would really feel best to retire on his own after the Giants defeated us. A good way to hang em. That's not the case though.

Here we are. You post with your head and your heart and that's cool.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM

It's not the fact that Brett changed his mind that pisses me off. It's the fact that he expects everyone else to change thier minds simply because he changed his.

The team has already said they are on board with Rodgers. I've heard Donald Driver say that. I've heard Greg Jennings say that. Those two guys are ready to win with Rodgers, and they aren't planning on waiting several seasons to do so. They are ready to win RIGHT NOW with Aaron Rodgers at QB. They are in fact on board, and they haven't kept thier mouths shut about it.

boiga
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
A mexican telling me about English?You're not exactly helping your case here, man.

It is wise to not pick fights with the admin.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
A mexican telling me about English?You're not exactly helping your case here, man.

I didnt know he was an admin, I shouldnt have said it anyway. Im really sorry.

Freak Out
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Speaking english.

Still have some work to do at reading I see.

Rastak
07-28-2008, 01:36 PM

I didnt know he was an admin, I shouldnt have said it anyway. Im really sorry.

He pretty much owns the site. He's cool though, he'll forgive you after he kicks your ass.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM

I didnt know he was an admin, I shouldnt have said it anyway. Im really sorry.My opinions and posts are open to any criticism or disagreements like everyone else. Besides, Im only the gardener, keeping the yard nice for the powerful whiteys who frequent this shithole.

Save that apologize because it is too late. You are on my shit list now and we are going to war. :D

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM

I would love to see you state where I said I think Rodgers will be a bad QB...

just because I back Favre does not mean I hate Rodgers, nor think that someday he could be an adequate QB in this league. Do I think he can be a Favre in this league... no, the odds are extremely against him but a good enough QB he may be.

My point was to state that the people who keep sayin "what makes you think Favre can do it again" are being idiots. A guy whos done it longer and better than anyone else is being questioned... but a guy who played one good half of football since he's been drafted and has been hurt many times already is just given this job and not going to be questioned?... does that make it more clear about my position?

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
He pretty much owns the site. He's cool though, he'll forgive you after he kicks your ass.Speaking of kicking ass....

Are you back from the metrodome praying to the Favre bobblehead you painted purple?

Rastak
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
He pretty much owns the site. He's cool though, he'll forgive you after he kicks your ass.Speaking of kicking ass....

Are you back from the metrodome praying to the Favre bobblehead you painted purple?

No Favre bobblehead....but he would serve as a helluva bridge if you guys don't want him!

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM

MOBB is definitely easier to read than Woody.

Read this Lurker64:

Please. Stop ' the low black balling' conquer by deviding bullshit.

Just a thought Lurker64. Maybe, just maybe Lurker64? If you'd shake some of that crap loose from your brain; examine your prejudicial and subjective and restrictive positions.

You'd open up to being open minded and grow.

Now. Just hoping on faith. I really care man for all people on this forum.

How did that read Lurker64? My English? Did it pass your high standard in this post for you ? I trust it was acceptable.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM

No Favre bobblehead....but he would serve as a helluva bridge if you guys don't want him!

Anything out there Rastak that shines anything bright on this mess? I know your an NFL fan.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
My point was to state that the people who keep sayin "what makes you think Favre can do it again" are being idiots. A guy whos done it longer and better than anyone else is being questioned... but a guy who played one good half of football since he's been drafted and has been hurt many times already is just given this job and not going to be questioned?... does that make it more clear about my position?

Other than calling people idiots, I agree that Favre is the surer bet to do well this year. I can't stand, however, how he has handled this situation and I think he wanted out of Green Bay all along. They didn't do every move he wanted, they didn't make enough of a statement about the cell phones. Boo hoo. Someone should bust out the violin everytime he does an interview and ask if he wants some cheese to go with that whine. It doesn't sound like the Favre I remember.

Guiness
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM

A mexican telling me about English?Why dont you capitialize "Mexican" but you do for "English"?

In my experience, you're likely better off learning from Mexicans than from 'The English', i.e. folks from the UK. You know what they say...two nations separated by a common language.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Chevelle... what makes you think Arod can do anything?

That's what I was responding to. You make the implication in that statement that Rodgers CAN'T do anything.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Chevelle... what makes you think Arod can do anything?

That's what I was responding to. You make the implication in that statement that Rodgers CAN'T do anything.

so now you know me well enough to make implications on what you THINK I mean?... i just wanted to know why he questioned Favre being able to do it again, but didnt question Rodgers being able to EVER do it... thats all, its not that hard of a concept I dont think

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM

You know Mobb is Black right? Maybe you just need to hang around with people that have some pigment. :D

lol....has there been any other bruthas on here Mad?

i dont think there was ever one on the old forum

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM

It's not the fact that Brett changed his mind that pisses me off. It's the fact that he expects everyone else to change thier minds simply because he changed his.

The team has already said they are on board with Rodgers. I've heard Donald Driver say that. I've heard Greg Jennings say that. Those two guys are ready to win with Rodgers, and they aren't planning on waiting several seasons to do so. They are ready to win RIGHT NOW with Aaron Rodgers at QB. They are in fact on board, and they haven't kept thier mouths shut about it.

company line....al harris told the guy on nfl network that he was "appauld" that he would ask him who he'd prefer; sayn brett's his guy

if an anonymous vote was takn in the locker room.....

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Speaking english.

lol, yeah it's my goal in life to be a great poster, using perfect grammar. are u grading or paying me? i'll do better