PDA

View Full Version : You would think Favre earned the right to "waffle"

dissident94
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Jus think about it. Before Favre we sucked for alomst 3 decades. After Favre 15 winning seasons, national attention, free agents wanting to come here.

He basically rebuilt this franchise. He may be a total ass, I have known that for awhile from stories told around when he was younger. But I don't get caught up in making someone a hero.

But if anyone has ever deserved his job back it is Bret. WHat he did for this team. It is a slap in the face to him and people who have supported this team. To say "you cannot compete" What a joke. This being siad by people who have only been a Packer for a few years.

I really can't believe this is happening.

Look at the Giants. Strahan came back weeks before the season started. They took him back. But the Packers wont take Brett back, come on

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM
watch out... several posters will start attacking you telling you how great and strong TT is and how you hate Rodgers...

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Jus think about it. Before Favre we sucked for alomst 3 decades. After Favre 15 winning seasons, national attention, free agents wanting to come here.

What are you talking about? It is TT who is great and strong. Rodgers hater!

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Strahan was a DE. Favre is a QB.

It's not even comparable. I don't think it's possible to go in a different direction at defensive end.

dissident94
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Thompson is the one who mismanaged this whole thing. Favre is an ego maniac ass, but the guy can play football

Thompson puts drunks who almost kill people on the field.

Bottom line in life elite people get special perks. Just go to any business not everyone is equal. Elite people get paid more, more time off, more everything including acting like asses sometimes.

Rodgers better be the second coming or the shit will hit the fan.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM

K-Rob was an alcoholic, not a drunk. He had an illness. If you'd followed him at all in Minnesota you'd know he was a great guy that did a lot for the community.

Ras could back me up on this, I think.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
But if anyone has ever deserved his job back it is Bret. WHat he did for this team. It is a slap in the face to him and people who have supported this team.

Well, we are nearing the goal of 15,000 slaps in the face.
Personally, instead of feeling slapped in the face, I'm extremely pleased that it is the Packer organization - my team - that is finally not caving in to yet another self-entitled, spoiled pro athlete.

Rastak
07-28-2008, 01:55 PM

K-Rob was an alcoholic, not a drunk. He had an illness. If you'd followed him at all in Minnesota you'd know he was a great guy that did a lot for the community.

He was quite well liked by his teammates and won a good guy award. He most definately has serious issues with alcohol.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
But if anyone has ever deserved his job back it is Bret. WHat he did for this team. It is a slap in the face to him and people who have supported this team.

Personally, instead of feeling slapped in the face, I'm extremely pleased that it is the Packer organization - my team - that is finally not caving in to yet another self-entitled, spoiled pro athlete.

Your resembling or making an audition for the next release of:

Grouchy old men. I think you have 'a shot'. :D

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 02:00 PM

ahhhh what a shit disturber. :D

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:06 PM

No, he was a drunk who almost killed people with his debauchery. TT is a snake in the grass.

dissident94
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Eveyone is saying trust the Packers.

But who are the Packers. This is a different management than it was a few years ago.

New GM
New Coach
New President

What track record do we have that these guyus know what in the hell they are doing.

But we are not to trust a worker who is saying he is getting screwed over by new management.

New guys want out with the old and in with the new.

And yes Strahan is a de, but Favre would have had all training camp to get caught up.

I seriously don't think he missed much during the offseason.
Guy played 16 games last year with the same players yet offseason work is more important than that.
Quit listening to the propaganda that is spilling out from both sides.

Favre earned the right to come back in my mind.

For some reason some kid who has never started all of a sudden means more to the pack than Favre. That is the biggest joke I have seen in sports

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I dont think its fair to rip on K-Rob... he's not even with our team anymore and when he was.. he was a stand up guy.. shame on you, people make mistakes and for you to used K-Rob mistake and forget about Bretts mistakes of alcohol and pain killers abuse shows me that you are a complete jackass

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM

ahhhh what a shit disturber. :D

This is unintentionally the funniest thing of the day by far.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM

No, he was a drunk who almost killed people with his debauchery. TT is a snake in the grass.

I never cleared him of his wrong doing. He was, however, a class guy that did nothing but good when he was here.

Your instigating attempts are weak.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM

I never cleared him of his wrong doing. He was, however, a class guy that did nothing but good when he was here.

Maybe he forgot about Favres past trouble with alcohol and drugs?

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Everyone has their own demons... its the people that fight past those demons that make great people

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM

a class guy? Sorry, but he was a drunk and that thereby removes him from a class guy. My oh my how the public perception would be different if on that fateful night he ran over someone's child. He was lucky to be alive and that he didn't kill anyone else.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Maybe he forgot about Favres past trouble with alcohol and drugs?

Favre isn't a good guy either. Dude has a legend of making out with chicks on water all the time. Scum. But that doesn't mean he's not a dynamite football player.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
ask brett if he ever drove drunk... I think you might feel like an idiot if you heard his answer

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Once again, you're instigating attempts are weak. They may work with Tyrone, but not with everyone else.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM
ask brett if he ever drove drunk... I think you might feel like an idiot if you heard his answer

I am sure he has. That makes him a bad person. No one is defending Brett or Koren. They're at about as low on the totem pole of human decency. I have 0 tolerance for those behaviors.

BH, how am I instigating anything?

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM

You're not. You're trying and you're failing.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM

I am sure he has. That makes him a bad person. No one is defending Brett or Koren. They're at about as low on the totem pole of human decency. I have 0 tolerance for those behaviors.

You just posted for an hour backing Favre against TT, and hating on K-Rob for TT giving him a shot....

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Just an FYI, you're becoming the new APB. Might want to take 5 and let that sink in.

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Your resembling or making an audition for the next release of:

Grouchy old men. I think you have 'a shot'. :D

That's a slap in the face!
PS : "You leave Shadow alone! You're being mean!"
Shadow's mom
PS : "If you keep it up, Shadow's not going to share his wonderful insights
with you!"
Shadow's brother
PS : "Shadow demands you agree with him!"
Shadow's agent[/i]

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
im probably the most level headed and polite poster on any forum ever and i have to say that TT is an arrogant knob; wreckn brett's comebak bid (bret favres come along for a franchise once in a lifetime!!!)

#4 might not be bigger than nfl but he's bigger that tt....in fact, this will be TT's claim to "fame" and in ten years he will be an afterthought. PLAYERS make the game not dime-a-dozen GM's (not sayn he's the worse GM but he doesnt stand out historically)

ok, im done venting; not like what i say will sway the powers that be anyway

would love to see #4 flinging ball to 80 and 85 (visions of the broncs OT game warms my heart, not arod sliding in the dallas game)

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
im probably the most level headed and polite poster on any forum ever and i have to say that TT is an arrogant knob; wreckn brett's comebak bid (bret favres come along for a franchise once in a lifetime!!!)

#4 might not be bigger than nfl but he's bigger that tt....in fact, this will be TT's claim to "fame" and in ten years he will be an afterthought. PLAYERS make the game not dime-a-dozen GM's (not sayn he's the worse GM but he doesnt stand out historically)

would love to see #4 flinging ball to 80 and 85 (visions of the broncs OT game warms my heart, not arod sliding in the dallas game)

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM

It sure would be nice if Brett would stop talking to the press slinging mud though, dont you think? Maybe he could just man up, shut up and show up?

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM

I don't think he needs to wait for the answer.

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM

But who are the Packers. This is a different management than it was a few years ago.

New GM
New Coach
New President

What track record do we have that these guyus know what in the hell they are doing.

But we are not to trust a worker who is saying he is getting screwed over by new management.

New guys want out with the old and in with the new.

And yes Strahan is a de, but Favre would have had all training camp to get caught up.

I seriously don't think he missed much during the offseason.
Guy played 16 games last year with the same players yet offseason work is more important than that.
Quit listening to the propaganda that is spilling out from both sides.

Favre earned the right to come back in my mind.

For some reason some kid who has never started all of a sudden means more to the pack than Favre. That is the biggest joke I have seen in sports

DITO!!!!

The Shadow
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM

New GM
New Coach
New President

DITO!!!!

Ummmm.... 13-3?
Youngest team in the NFL?
Executive of the Year?
Healthy salary cap?

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM

It sure would be nice if Brett would stop talking to the press slinging mud though, dont you think? Maybe he could just man up, shut up and show up?

I TOTALLY AGREE my man

MOBB DEEP
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM

New GM
New Coach
New President

DITO!!!!

Ummmm.... 13-3?
Executive of the Year?
Healthy salary cap?

we will never know (not even the shadow) if the pack would have been as successful with arod. i thnk aaron's gonna be fine but not on #4's level EVER and certainly not this seson (4,000 yards good, best qb n nfc good? NOT!!)

dissident94
07-28-2008, 07:59 PM
We will see what record we have this year. This will bee TT and McCarthys make or break year

BUt think about this. Since 1992 Packers have 15 winning years. Before that time we had like 3-4 in 25 years.

The only thing that was the same during that time was Favre and Harlan

Different coaches, players, GMs.

Thats how important Farve was.

He made the whole team better.

The talent on this team may not be as good as one may think

Iron Mike
07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
im probably the most level headed and polite poster on any forum ever.

Heck, no. That'd be upnorthfan from the old JSO. :wink:

GrnBay007
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM

New GM
New Coach
New President

DITO!!!!

Ummmm.... 13-3?
Executive of the Year?
Healthy salary cap?

dissident was talking track record. TT hasn't been around long enough to call it a track record.....nor has ARod (2 1/2 quarters...woohoo). Favre has a winning track record though. You know, the one that's not allowed at Lambeau.

GrnBay007
07-28-2008, 09:29 PM

Good to see you here MOBB :D

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM

Yes, MOBB, welcome back

Hey, I thought I was the most level headed and polite poster here :lol:

Cheers,
B

FavreChild
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM
No, B. See, MOBB is actually respectful of the female posters.

8-)

Iron Mike
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
But who are the Packers? This is a different management than it was a few years ago.

New GM
New Coach
New President

What track record do we have that these guys know what in the hell they are doing?

OK, let's compare:

The Wolf/Holmgren/Harlan years

--1992 9-7 season. No playoffs.
--1993 9-7 season. Second round playoff exit.
--1994 9-7 season. Second round playoff exit.
--1995 11-5 season. Loss in the NFC Championship round.
--1996 13-3 season. Super Bowl champs.

The Thompson/McCarthy/Harlan-Murphy years

--2006 8-8 season. No playoffs.
--2007 13-3 season. Loss in the NFC Championship round.

I'd say the current teams compares favorably to the Holmgren era team. :D

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM

8-)

Ah, FC, that's because he doesn't know ya well enough :lol:
J/K :wink:

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
But who are the Packers? This is a different management than it was a few years ago.

New GM
New Coach
New President

What track record do we have that these guys know what in the hell they are doing?

OK, let's compare:

Is there a reason you skipped TT's year 1 ? I think I want to see a couple more years but I agree they have a good start

Iron Mike
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Is there a reason you skipped TT's year 1 ? I think I want to see a couple more years but I agree they have a good start

Y'know, I kinda wanted to go with the Thompson/McCarthy package rather than the Thompson(cleaning up the Sherman fiasco)/Sherman fiasco. :)

Can I get a mulligan on 2005?

CaptainKickass
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM

8-)

Shoot -

Back in the day I used to have this sweet poster of Heather Locklear in a bikini......

I was not respectful to my female posters.

:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM

8-)

throw his ass out of the lodge

dissident94
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM

New GM
New Coach
New President

OK, let's compare:

Thats the point I am making though. What does all of those teams have in common.

Farve.

New coaches, gms, players. ONly thing constant throughthis time was Favre.

It is not coincidance.

30 years of oblivion, Farve shows up, 15 winning years.

Whats next?

Cheesehead Craig
07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Are you intentionally ignoring we got a defense during those years as well?

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
im probably the most level headed and polite poster on any forum ever.

Heck, no. That'd be upnorthfan from the old JSO. :wink:

oh yeah, thats right! i miss that cat and that era of posting....i would rush home from work, school, or church to post back then...lol

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 11:39 AM

good to see u're still around imparting that wisdom

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

madtown, u never answered my question; not ONE other brutha has been around these parts????

Guiness
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
upnorthfan!!! I was trying to think of that name just this w/e. I was trying to explain where PR came from, starting with JSO, then the christian site that upnorthfan was involved with, and finally here at Packer Rats.

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM

8-)

hey child...

bobblehead
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM

New GM
New Coach
New President

OK, let's compare:

Thats the point I am making though. What does all of those teams have in common.

Favre.

It is not coincidance.

30 years of oblivion, Favre shows up, 15 winning years.

Whats next?

So your point is that favre is a great QB?? Great, we all agree. That says nothing about how he has acted towards retirement the last few years and what he is doing now.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
upnorthfan!!! I was trying to think of that name just this w/e. I was trying to explain where PR came from, starting with JSO, then the christian site that upnorthfan was involved with, and finally here at Packer Rats.

thanks for ruining my lunch

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 01:11 PM

does anyone know the name of that christian site???

BallHawk
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Christian Encourager.

Zool
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

madtown, u never answered my question; not ONE other brutha has been around these parts????

Well Ty claims to be black, but he reads every thread and hasnt posted here yet. I'm not surprised. There's one other guy who I think might be. Uses wolverine as his av.

Zool
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
This place is damned near albino its so white.

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Christian Encourager.

thnx and God bls

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
This place is damned near albino its so white.

LOL....i wonder why. think i'll do a survey

MadtownPacker
07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

madtown, u never answered my question; not ONE other brutha has been around these parts????The only non-Nabisco I know of is me. There was one guy but the 'Necks around this parts may have run him off.

In other word, you help fill the quota. :D

Freak Out
07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

madtown, u never answered my question; not ONE other brutha has been around these parts????The only non-Nabisco I know of is me. There was one guy but the 'Necks around this parts may have run him off.

I'm Martian.

MJZiggy
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

You forgot Mateo, and I do believe FritzDontBlitz also is a gentleman of color.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't think anybody begrudges Favre for waffling. He's been doing that for 4 years. However, he waffled and then decided to retire. He changed his mind and wanted to come back. Then, two days before the announcement that he was coming back, he changed his mind again. (Not even Favre's side has shot this information down, and they are quick to do so.) After this, it sounds like he talked to the Packers at various times and couldn't commit himself 100%. At some point, the Packers had to move on. They did. I hope he honestly didn't think that they wouldn't move on after all that went on.

dissident94
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM

New GM
New Coach
New President

OK, let's compare:

Favre.

It is not coincidance.

30 years of oblivion, Favre shows up, 15 winning years.

Whats next?

So your point is that favre is a great QB?? Great, we all agree. That says nothing about how he has acted towards retirement the last few years and what he is doing now.

Thats the other piont

Who cares how he has acted. I brougth up Koren because for people with talent you over look their egomanical behavior. Why does Moss have a job or TO or even Pacman.

All Farve has done is waffle about coming back. Big frickin whoop. Teams have put up with much worse than that and welcome all kinds of thugs on their teams.

Farve has always been a prima dona prick. That was the same back then as it is now.

As a player he deserves to come back and play. Especially to the team and franchise he saved.

mission
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

im not a cracker either but i know for sure my brothas aint been up here at all. cats can get away with way too much at PR.

ive been trying (tryna?) put an end to it :lol:

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

maybe im the ONLY black pack fan

im sammy davis of the rat pack he he

Tyrone Bigguns
07-29-2008, 10:11 PM
What is the bs...ty is a very lite skinned brutha. Very ashy. :roll:

MJZiggy
07-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Is MOBB the black guy?

"the" black guy lol

maybe im the ONLY black pack fan

im sammy davis of the rat pack he he

I hate it when people don't listen to me...just ask FRITZDONTBLITZ, the other Rat of color or maybe the aforementioned Mateo!!!

MadtownPacker
07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
You forgot Mateo, and I do believe FritzDontBlitz also is a gentleman of color.i think it was FDB was who I was thinking of. He hadnt been around for a while. Forgot about Mateo but I think he got deported when he passed out at a cantina in San Diego. Some hooker snatched his wallet and he was so drunk he couldn't remember how to speak English.

WTF - Gentleman of color? :lol:

MadtownPacker
07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
im not a cracker either but i know for sure my brothas aint been up here at all. cats can get away with way too much at PR.

ive been trying (tryna?) put an end to it :lol:Yeah I would say you are about as black as M&M. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
You forgot Mateo, and I do believe FritzDontBlitz also is a gentleman of color.i think it was FDB was who I was thinking of. He hadnt been around for a while. Forgot about Mateo but I think he got deported when he passed out at a cantina in San Diego. Some hooker snatched his wallet and he was so drunk he couldn't remember how to speak English.

he he i remember that story

swede
07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
OK, let's compare:

Is there a reason you skipped TT's year 1 ?

No need to embarass Mike Sherman.

boiga
07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm off-white, does that count?

Asian enough to not be white, white enough to not be asian, 7th generation Wisconsinite.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2008, 11:51 PM
I have a Trailer Park tan. Does that count? Wearing a white, wife beater t-shirt in 90 degree heat gives me a tan that the women covet.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2008, 11:52 PM
since Mobb is back, do we have to cut out the racist jokes?

this could suck.

MadtownPacker
07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I have a Trailer Park tan. Does that count? Wearing a white, wife beater t-shirt in 90 degree heat gives me a tan that the women covet.I have waited years for this confession!!!

MadtownPacker
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM

this could suck.Mobb is from your hood Mangringo. He went to UW-Madison right?

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM

this could suck.Mobb is from your hood Mangringo. He went to UW-Madison right?

yessir for two years b4 georgetown

bucky to the heart

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the Green Bay Packer Wafflehouse

President - Mark Murphy
Executive Chef- Ted Thompson

Free waffles are being served all of this week in honor of the plan :lol:

Zool
07-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Is Favre bussing tables?

Cheesehead Craig
07-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I prefer pancakes... with bacon

Iron Mike
01-17-2011, 10:29 PM
we will never know (not even the shadow) if the pack would have been as successful with arod. i thnk aaron's gonna be fine but not on #4's level EVER and certainly not this seson (4,000 yards good, best qb n nfc good? NOT!!)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
01-18-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't think anybody begrudges Favre for waffling. He's been doing that for 4 years. However, he waffled and then decided to retire. He changed his mind and wanted to come back. Then, two days before the announcement that he was coming back, he changed his mind again. (Not even Favre's side has shot this information down, and they are quick to do so.) After this, it sounds like he talked to the Packers at various times and couldn't commit himself 100%. At some point, the Packers had to move on. They did. I hope he honestly didn't think that they wouldn't move on after all that went on.

This sounds like a reasonable take. Not many of those in this thread. :)

CaptainKickass
01-18-2011, 12:24 AM

Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Shoot -

Back in the day I used to have this sweet poster of Heather Locklear in a bikini......

I was not respectful to my female posters.

Correction - it was a Heather Thomas poster

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=305&pictureid=2474

Back in the day - those nips and camel toe were enough to make my mom tear the fucker off my bedroom wall.

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 06:54 AM
And it's funny, all of the TT haters. They're just gone. They're to proud to admit they were wrong. They just leave. Either that or they were never Packer fans and their gone for that.

wpony
01-18-2011, 07:11 AM
The sad part about this whole thing was the loss of a bunch of fun posters here at PR its not the same place as it used to be before the Farve Garbage no matter what side you were on we are all packer fans

SkinBasket
01-18-2011, 09:08 AM
They're just gone. They're to proud to admit they were wrong. They just leave.

Yeah, that's what happened to FYI as well. It's amazing how people can't admit they were wrong even under an assumed anonymous internet identity. Makes you wonder just how fun to hang out with they are in real life.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
http://images.hollywood.com/site/homer-simpson.jpg

Oooh! Waffles! My one weakness!

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah, that's what happened to FYI as well. It's amazing how people can't admit they were wrong even under an assumed anonymous internet identity. Makes you wonder just how fun to hang out with they are in real life.

What does it even matter if they're 'wrong' or not. It's obvious that some have extremely hurt feelings and vent any chance they get. That's kinda sad, but so was all the personal stuff. The simple truth is that there was a considerable Packer fan contingent that was primarily, if not exclusively, Favre fan based (The so-called BFFFs - Brett Favre First Fans or Brett Favre Fans Forever). When Favre left, they mostly, if not totally, went with him. What's to come back for? They are angry with people who opposed Favre, they are angry with people who gave them shit about Favre (and yes, they gave the anti-Favre crowd shit too), and they don't really care all that much about the Packers.

gbgary
01-18-2011, 09:19 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

:lol:...we can laugh now but no one really knew. glad it's water under the bridge now.

Cheesehead Craig
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM
What does it even matter if they're 'wrong' or not. It's obvious that some have extremely hurt feelings and vent any chance they get. That's kinda sad, but so was all the personal stuff. The simple truth is that there was a considerable Packer fan contingent that was primarily, if not exclusively, Favre fan based (The so-called BFFFs - Brett Favre First Fans or Brett Favre Fans Forever). When Favre left, they mostly, if not totally, went with him. What's to come back for? They are angry with people who opposed Favre, they are angry with people who gave them shit about Favre (and yes, they gave the anti-Favre crowd shit too), and they don't really care all that much about the Packers.

Exactly. There were many fans of just Favre, not of the Packers. So you are correct that when he left, they went with him.

Freak Out
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.ftwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/nuke4.jpg

sharpe1027
01-18-2011, 10:36 AM

What do they do next year? Is there going to be a Favre reality T.V. series? Do they randomly pick their newest NFL team out of the hat? Do they move to a new town and pretend they were Packer fans all along? Maybe the lockout will save them from having to make the tough decision.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
What do they do next year? Is there going to be a Favre reality T.V. series? Do they randomly pick their newest NFL team out of the hat? Do they move to a new town and pretend they were Packer fans all along? Maybe the lockout will save them from having to make the tough decision.

I think of the Favre fans that fit the BFFF description, and most of them I really like. If they are Packer fans, I hope they come back and post. There were many of them who also posted in the RR who were a lot of fun. There were some who had really good football insight and I wish they'd post too. I have a BFFF in my family and we would argue about Favre. It took some time for them to get excited about the Packers sans Favre, but Hey - a good playoff run can cure a lot of what ails ya!

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Here's what they could say and it would all go away. . .

"I thought Favre was better than he really is. He never carried the Packers. He's not special."

Once that is admitted, all of the rest will come very easily.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM

"I thought Favre was better than he really is. He never carried the Packers. He's not special."

That's absurd. Who would admit that? "Nixon was our first president" Once that is admitted, all the rest will come very easily.

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
BS. Favre was a part of a lot of really good teams and an organization that is run right from the top down starting in the early 90's. Bob Harlan is the reason this team was good during teh Favre years and Bob Harlan is the reason they're still good today. The last move he made on his way out the door was firing Mike Sherman the GM and hiring TT. That move is good for 10 years of winning after he's gone.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
The point you make about the Packer organization are valid, but they don't address the points about Favre (In fact, they support the points - a very well run organization brought Favre in - why did they do that? because they thought he wasn't special? ) I'm not going to continue to argue this. I'll state my viewpoint: Anyone who thinks that Favre wasn't special or didn't (at least for reasonably long stretches) carry the team is not thinking rationally about Favre. NFL experts, scouts, everyone who watches football, everyone who knows Favre's strengths and weaknesses as a player would regard Favre as special and as someone who carried his team at times. I don't think you could get 1 in 50 of legitimate talent evaluators to even partially agree with you. The last word is yours. I'm done.

sharpe1027
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
The point you make about the Packer organization are valid, but they don't address the points about Favre (In fact, they support the points - a very well run organization brought Favre in - why did they do that? because they thought he wasn't special? ) I'm not going to continue to argue this. I'll state my viewpoint: Anyone who thinks that Favre wasn't special or didn't (at least for reasonably long stretches) carry the team is not thinking rationally about Favre. NFL experts, scouts, everyone who watches football, everyone who knows Favre's strengths and weaknesses as a player would regard Favre as special and as someone who carried his team at times. I don't think you could get 1 in 50 of legitimate talent evaluators to even partially agree with you. The last word is yours. I'm done.

Agreed.

swede
01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
JH, Packerrats bylaws require that any poster harder on Brent than Scott Campbell must submit a physician's excuse.

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
That was a little overstated on my part. In comparision to how he was idolized here, he was way overrated and not the special He Man that people made him out to be here. We're doing better without him. That would be a good starter admittance.

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
TT knew what he was doing and getting rid of Favre was a good move because Favre is a head case and because we had a QB who could do better (than the old FAvre) That would be another good admittance.

RashanGary
01-18-2011, 12:20 PM
There was all this hoopla that the Packers were giving up Mr. Wonderful and would never be able to get by without him. It was all wrong. This would be a nice admittance.

Bretsky kind of did that. I'm sure he'd rather be right on things, but he said the way AR is playing, he didn't think we'd move on from Brett like this and he's back, doing better than ever.

Why can't the others?

Freak Out
01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Packers at the Bears for the NFCC this Sunday right?

swede
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM

I know.

All we got for pre-game five days out is the weather forecast, disrespected cancer victims, and Brent likes the Packers in SB.

Smidgeon
01-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I know.

All we got for pre-game five days out is the weather forecast, disrespected cancer victims, and Brent likes the Packers in SB.

And whether ARod is better than Favre in his MVP years...

Guiness
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
TT knew what he was doing and getting rid of Favre was a good move because Favre is a head case and because we had a QB who could do better (than the old FAvre) That would be another good admittance.

There is no way in hell he could KNOW Rodgers was going to become was he has.

He had an educated guess at best.

Was it time to move on, because Favre's antics were hurting the team? Absolutely, but we're damn lucky we got a good QB to replace him right out of the gate.

I chuckle every time I think what Chicago fans reaction to our QB changeover must've been. The joy at seeing Favre go, then the heartbreak of realizing he was being replaced by another Pro-Bowler...

cheesner
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Was it time to move on, because Favre's antics were hurting the team? Absolutely, but we're damn lucky we got a good QB to replace him right out of the gate.

I chuckle every time I think what Chicago fans reaction to our QB changeover must've been. The joy at seeing Favre go, then the heartbreak of realizing he was being replaced by another Pro-Bowler...
TT knew the potential and the likelihood of reaching that potential and it was a gamble. But what was he giving up? A old player with diminishing skills who was not able to finish a season (emotionally) and who continued to be non-committal to the franchise, who retired several times, and would likely do so a few more times.

Bossman641
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I have a BFFF aunt who is convinced that the NFL is fixed and the Packers will win it all this year as a means of getting back at Favre. She also thinks Goodell made up the whole Sterger/massage therapist ordeal as punishment to Favre.

As much as I do miss the increased traffic around here, if you can't get on board with this team that has gone through as much adversity as it has and is led by a great group of young (CM3, Rodgers, Raji) and old (Woodson, Driver) guys, than you are better off not being a Packer fan.

vince
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Obviously no one can predict the future, but Thompson knows how to project talent and it's not a matter of luck. He's paid millions to make "educated guesses" and between he, McCarthy and Clements, no one in the world was more educated on the subject.

Rodgers graded out as the highest rated QB that McCarthy had ever had in QB school. You'd be a fool to say he would be the best in the league one day, but they knew they had a guy who had everything you could want in a QB. You can't ask for more than that going in.

pbmax
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Everyone has their own demons... its the people that fight past those demons that make great people

This post is the gift that keeps on giving. Here's to another twenty years of people trying to move past their demons while being great people.

pbmax
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
a class guy? Sorry, but he was a drunk and that thereby removes him from a class guy. My oh my how the public perception would be different if on that fateful night he ran over someone's child. He was lucky to be alive and that he didn't kill anyone else.

And poor Partial's selective memory made him forget the legend of Brett's surgery (two of them, I think) to remove intestines that suffered from an automobile accident. I think he would be hurt if he knew he threw Brett under the bus with Koren.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM

you would figure it would be enough to lure Baddest Bear and Bearman out of their caves to come here and talk smack. Perhaps they are in prison.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I have a BFFF aunt who is convinced that the NFL is fixed and the Packers will win it all this year as a means of getting back at Favre. She also thinks Goodell made up the whole Sterger/massage therapist ordeal as punishment to Favre.

I think I was talking with her at the bus stop today:

http://www.webpan.com/thelaughin/images/show/ruth_buzzi/laugh-in_ruth_buzzi.jpg

Freak Out
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
you would figure it would be enough to lure Baddest Bear and Bearman out of their caves to come here and talk smack. Perhaps they are in prison.

Wasn't one a cop or a retired cop? Those two always cracked me up.

What happened to Bulldog? HAVEn't SEEn HIm IN aWHILE.

swede
01-18-2011, 06:33 PM
What happened to Bulldog? HAVEn't SEEn HIm IN aWHILE.

Heh heh. He was a sane poster, but he keyboarded like a kidnapper.

gbgary
01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
JH, Packerrats bylaws require that any poster harder on Brent than Scott Campbell must submit a physician's excuse.

mmmdk
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Heh heh. He was a sane poster, but he keyboarded like a kidnapper.

Yup, pretty sad...I'm the only one left now!

bobblehead
01-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Was it the first season ARod took over, or after the rough patch last year that you made a similar admission? You admitted that you had underestimated just how special BF was, and had overestimated ARod. It was big of you and I gave/give you credit for manning up....even if you were wrong.

Truth of the matter is that BF carried teams, and also sunk teams. That tends to get you a lot of winning records and heartbreaking playoff losses. I'll never regret him coming to GB, just regret that the man who kept him in line (holmgren) left too early.