PDA

View Full Version : WITH MADDEN COMING OUT....

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Since Favre is an option as a free agent on the new game coming out... I just wanted to see what posters will do for their own Packers team this up coming Madden season....

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm creating TJ Rubley and starting him.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I think he deserves another chance in the dome... aha

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Start Brett Favre. Why would I go with the inferior, injury prone Aaron Rodgers.

His 87 or whatever he is rated at is WAY to high for someone who has never won a game or performed well enough to give his team a chance to win a game. It should be closer to 67. Madden ratings are so ridiculous.

ND72
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers no matter what for me. Since 2000, the first thing I've done on Madden is trade Favre right away anyway. I'll take the extra first round pick....or in this case, 7th round.

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
P, I better never hear you say anything positive about Rodgers in the future. I mean ever. Otherwise I'm digging up every one of these threads.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Start Brett Favre. Why would I go with the inferior, injury prone Aaron Rodgers.

His 87 or whatever he is rated at is WAY to high for someone who has never won a game or performed well enough to give his team a chance to win a game. It should be closer to 67. Madden ratings are so ridiculous.

Yeah, they are. Aaron Rodgers is only a few points faster than Favre in speed, even though Aaron is much quicker.

cheesner
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM
As someone who doesn't play video games, I thought, from the title:

'With Madden coming out . . .'

was going to be followed with

'out of the closet, what . . .'

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM
shouldnt he be higher in acceleration than? maybe at full speed, Aaron is not much faster than brett, but he gets off the line faster?

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Yeah, they are. Aaron Rodgers is only a few points faster than Favre in speed, even though Aaron is much quicker.

You know, I think this is a myth. Rodgers is NOT super fast. Favre can move when he needs to. Besides, Quickness != speed. Favre is far quicker. Favre is the king of avoiding sacks, which requires great awareness and quickness.

]{ilr]3
07-28-2008, 02:31 PM

You know, I think this is a myth. Rodgers is NOT super fast. Favre can move when he needs to. Besides, Quickness != speed. Favre is far quicker. Favre is the king of avoiding sacks, which requires great awareness and quickness.

I wouldnt call it a myth, but saying Aaron Rodgers is injury prone isnt fair either since that last time he went into a game and got injured was to replace and also injured Favre. I know everyone likes to view Favre as the Ironman, but IMO he started a lot of games he shouldnt have simply to preserve the streak!
Sorry for changing the subject :)

:jack:

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Like when Favre has the chance to run 4 yards into the end zone for a TD but instead opts to throw an INT in the back of the end zone?

Yes, Favre is great at avoiding sacks, but Rodgers is a threat to take off running. Favre is not.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I think part of the reason Favre doesn't run is because it really does increase your chances of getting hurt. I'm not sayin he is afraid, but he just was wise with how he played. The job is to play the game and to win... and he sure did a lot of that.. hopefully Aaron takes a couple pages out of his book on those 2 areas

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I think part of the reason Favre doesn't run is because it really does increase your chances of getting hurt. I'm not sayin he is afraid, but he just was wise with how he played. The job is to play the game and to win... and he sure did a lot of that.. hopefully Aaron takes a couple pages out of his book on those 2 areas

Yes, it does increase your chance to get hurt. Look at guys like McNabb and I'm sure it would of happened to Vick if he had kept on playing.

I don't question Favre's reluctance to scramble in the middle of the field, it's that he would pass up sure-fire TDs on the ground in favor of a short pass which often would fall in the hands of the defense.

Partial
07-28-2008, 02:43 PM

Like when Favre has the chance to run 4 yards into the end zone for a TD but instead opts to throw an INT in the back of the end zone?

Yes, Favre is great at avoiding sacks, but Rodgers is a threat to take off running. Favre is not.

He's not Mike Vick, Vince Young, or Donovan McNabb. He's not a dual-threat quarterback by any stretch of the imagination. How did this fallacy come about?

He's average speed, and small. He'll break in half.

Chevelle2
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM

He's not Mike Vick, Vince Young, or Donovan McNabb. He's not a dual-threat quarterback by any stretch of the imagination. How did this fallacy come about?

6-2 220
4.77 dash

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM

6-2 220
4.77 dash

That's not fair, Chevelle. You're not allowed to use facts.

3irty1
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Agree that Madden stats are crazy wrong usually but the difference between Favre and Rodgers in real life is in experience and decision making. In other words things that are represented by the player controlling Favre/Rodgers. A-Rods physical tools could well be better than Favre's at this point. Fortunately for us that's not all it takes to be a good QB. Look at Tarvaris Jackson.

Also I'd just like to chip in that its not fair to call A-Rod injury prone seeing as how he's never missed a start. Everyone gets injured, give him a chance to play though injury first.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Since Favre is an option as a free agent on the new game coming out... I just wanted to see what posters will do for their own Packers team this up coming Madden season....

Nice. :D

Good point and well taken.

Jerry Tagge
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Madden is coming out? I didn't know he's gay.

Partial
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM

6-2 220
4.77 dash

That's pretty average imo.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
You realize that A-Rod's measurements are exactly the same as Brett's, right?

Nah, you already knew that. Now you're going to counter with "But A-Rod is all bones, Brett has all muscle."

packers11
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
97 - Favre
83 - Rodgers

Why even argue who would I put IN to "WIN" my games in madden...

boiga
07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Apparently, EA did simulations with Favre and his various trade possibilities.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/8951/firstcuts_favre_swaps_uniforms_in_madden_09

Apparently he would save the vikes season, get the jets into the playoffs, and not help the Buccaneers much at all. The funny thing is that the Packers get a 12-4 season with Rodgers but only a 9-7 season with Favre.

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080728/93341.jpg

Driver was right though, Brett looks UGLY in another uniform.

Edit: this one's just disgusting: http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080728/93343.jpg