PDA

View Full Version : TT's job really on the line??

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
The General Manager of the hotel I work at claims to have spoken with one of the executives that sit on the Packers' Board of Directors, and says that during that conversation it was confirmed to him that the Board has told Thompson that if Favre reports to camp then Thompson would in fact lose his job. He says he was told that the Board is sick of all of the incentives given to Favre that cost the team extra money it should not have to be spending, such as Favre sleeping in a different hotel than the team, flying on a different plane than the team, eating seperately from the team, etc. and they want to just be done with him. It seems like crazy talk to me, especially since Thompson has absolutely no control over whether Favre decides to come back or not (not to mention winning Exec. of the Year last season), but then again our hotel GM is a very down to earth guy who I can't see making something like this up for entertainment value. He has friends and connections with many Packers' players and management (as well as many other sports and business organizations) being in the position he is in, so I can't just discount this as rumor just yet. Has anyone else heard anything on this issue other than Favre's comments on it?

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Hogwash. I'm mad at Brett, but I seriously doubt he sleeps at a different hotel or flies on a different plane. Haven't heard that one before. If he did, we would have heard about it.

BallHawk
I talked to Mike Holmgren on Facebook and he told me he racked up a $500 dollar bill at a fish fry before the 1995 season opener.

Pacopete4
You would have thought that stuff like this would have been reported on Brett already if it were true..

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I talked to Mike Holmgren on Facebook and he told me he racked up a $500 dollar bill at a fish fry before the 1995 season opener.

aahahhaa.. that was one of the best ones I've read yet

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
FAvre can take the Bears to the Super Bowl, and Aaron Rodgers can break his ankle, while the Packers struggle to 4-12, and TT is not gonna lose his job.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
FAvre can take the Bears to the Super Bowl, and Aaron Rodgers can break his ankle, while the Packers struggle to 4-12, and TT is not gonna lose his job.

I don't think he'd be fired, but when he's run down by an angry mob of inbreds and lynched I'll consider his job lost.

Pacopete4
Harlan, he might not lose it... but it sure would be awful to be him and rodgers around green bay

Gunakor
You would have thought that stuff like this would have been reported on Brett already if it were true..

Well with everything else that everybody is claiming is true but not being reported...

This might fall into that grey area that so many people are bickering about. I personally don't believe it either, but the info came from a credible person who I know has discussions with other credible people that have more insight into this matter than the media is allowed. So I don't know.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Harlan, he might not lose it... but it sure would be awful to be him and rodgers around green bay

TT has neither a wife to be raped nor a dog to be poisoned.

Zool
07-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Even if this were true, I would think at $12mil last season in salary, an extra $30k in random expenses would be nothing. Hell I'll even double that to $60k. That's about $7.5k per road trip. Seems unlikely.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-28-2008, 02:35 PM
It is totally true. Tom Bodet told me they always keep the light on for Brett.

motife
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Mike Holmgren was a prima dona.

No one could sit in his row on the plane OR in the seat behind him.

In a hotel, rooms on both sides of his had to be empty.

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Mike Holmgren was a prima dona.

No one could sit in his row on the plane OR in the seat behind him.

In a hotel, rooms on both sides of his had to be empty.

Not to mention his extravagant spending at fish fries.

Guiness
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
So...this franchise is one of the most financially healthiest in the league, and even the most adamnant Favre bashers would have trouble saying that he doesn't have a lot to do with it...and they're going to begrudge him some perks?

I think not.

(btw I'm not saying he got those perks...I'm just saying if...)

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 02:43 PM

TT has neither a wife to be raped nor a dog to be poisoned.

But he does have a little boy locked in his closet at home. :shock: Sorry couldn't resist.

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I would say his job is in jeopardy if the Packers don't win the division this year or next, personally I would fire him if they don't make the playoffs this year since he is so sure Rodgers is the better QB we should settle for nothing less than a SB berth. Fortunatly for the TT bootlickers I am not on the executive committee. :D

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 04:45 PM

TT isn't in control of this one. :D

He's pushed where he's shoved. That's sad.

mission
07-28-2008, 04:51 PM

bruh that shit seriously made me "LOL" ... twice....!!!! :five:

Him8123
07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
if that was true then why would they have invited him back after he retired the first time before he re-retired? And even now they said he could come back as the back up? That means they would still pay him 12 mil to ride the pine and if he really is flying and sleeping solo,....more money to do that. I don`t think I buy into most of this. Maybe some of it might be true but I`m not buying it all.

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
if that was true then why would they have invited him back after he retired the first time before he re-retired? And even now they said he could come back as the back up? That means they would still pay him 12 mil to ride the pine and if he really is flying and sleeping solo,....more money to do that. I don`t think I buy into most of this. Maybe some of it might be true but I`m not buying it all.

It's not April anymore. His re-retirement was probably the straw that broke the camels back. The Board might have just decided after he told Green Bay he wanted to come back but then changed his mind yet again that they were absolutely unwilling to deal with him anymore. Once the Packers decided they were going with Rodgers as thier starter this year, then you are right it makes no sense to make those kind of concessions to a backup. Hence, as far as the Board is concerned, Favre is not welcome.