PDA

View Full Version : Which Madden to get?

Guiness
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm going to pick up an older copy of Madden for my son to play...and I'm wondering which version to get.

At least initially, he won't be playing online, so I don't think there's any point in springing $50 for '09. '08, '07 and older go for about $10, so I'll get one of those.

I used to play Sega's 2Kx series, but it seems to be gone. Same with Blitz.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm going to pick up an older copy of Madden for my son to play...and I'm wondering which version to get.

At least initially, he won't be playing online, so I don't think there's any point in springing $50 for '09. '08, '07 and older go for about $10, so I'll get one of those.

Might as well get the newest one that's cheap so the rosters are still somewhat relevant. Despite EAs claims, nothing important has changed.

Freak Out
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I bought the 08 version for the PS3 for $10...after the roster update you have the SB winning Packers to play with. :)

Guiness
07-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, so not much has changed over the past few versions, eh?

Rosters aren't really relevant (he doesn't watch much), so if the game hasn't changed much, I'll just get the first one I find.

SkinBasket
07-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Forgot to mention. EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL for the equivalent of the GDP of Africa a few years back. Made a lot of people unhappy. Now madden and their gay "street" games are the only games with NFL teams and players.

They've managed to prove competition breeds innovation by demonstrating the opposite.

Guiness
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM

Forgot to mention. EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL for the equivalent of the GDP of Africa a few years back. Made a lot of people unhappy. Now madden and their gay "street" games are the only games with NFL teams and players.

They've managed to prove competition breeds innovation by demonstrating the opposite.

I knew that...did both of those franchises die when the couldn't use NFL teams and players?

edit: just checked out the 2k site, and it looks like they're coming out with a All-Pro Football 2k8 - not using current players, but historical ones. Also see that EA has tried to buy them just this year. Guess they're pretty serious about not having any competition.

red
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
wait until the new madden comes out, its sometime within the next month

then you can pick up last years version used at a gamestop for under 10 bucks. and it'll be just as good as the new version going for 60 bucks