PDA

View Full Version : WHEN SOMEONE GIVES YOU LEMONS, YOU MAKE LEMONADE APPROACH...

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Here is the thing I kinda wanna make a point of and maybe it will calm everyone down about is that... this is not a bad situation to have.

I have thought, and thought all about this as many ways as I think I can.. and I probably shouldn't even waste my time with something I have nothing to do with it...

The Packers have a HOF QB that wants to play again.. they also have the most groomed, 1st round draft choice, QB that there could be... there really is no bad situation here..

If Brett comes back, we know more than likey, he will be good and our team will be

If Arod starts for us... his potential should mean we will only get better as he hits his rough patches learning the game of football

The Packers are lucky to have this problem because we could be like a lot of NFL teams that can't find ONE QB to put their future with.. just another way of looking at this situation no matter who you want to be the QB this year...

RashanGary
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Hell yeah, Paco!!

Gunakor
07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
That's where I am too, but the tipping point for me is that Rodgers is more than 10 years younger than Favre and will likely be here more than 10 years longer than Favre ever could. I'd hope so anyway. That's the biggest reason I feel the way I do is because I don't want to risk ANYTHING that could potentially leave a bad taste in Rodgers' mouth when his contract comes up. Trading Favre would make another team better for a couple seasons, while Rodgers walking away would make another team better for a decade. All at the expense of the Green Bay Packers. I am willing to say goodbye to an all time great to help ensure that we DO have a QB for the next 10-15 years, and don't become one of those teams who can't figure it out.

sheepshead
07-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Somehow, at least at the moment, I think the dynamics are a little more complicated than that.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
That's where I am too, but the tipping point for me is that Rodgers is more than 10 years younger than Favre and will likely be here more than 10 years longer than Favre ever could. I'd hope so anyway. That's the biggest reason I feel the way I do is because I don't want to risk ANYTHING that could potentially leave a bad taste in Rodgers' mouth when his contract comes up. Trading Favre would make another team better for a couple seasons, while Rodgers walking away would make another team better for a decade. All at the expense of the Green Bay Packers. I am willing to say goodbye to an all time great to help ensure that we DO have a QB for the next 10-15 years, and don't become one of those teams who can't figure it out.

Gunkor.. my only problem with this is how many times do we see QB's for 10-15 years? We were soooo lucky to have had Brett this long, but it just doesn't happen all the time and I think thats why so many people are tied up into the guy, even if they are Packer fans first...

boiga
07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I agree with your general analysis, Pacopete4, I just wish that there were to get these guys both on the team sharing snaps. I don't think either side would accept that at this point though.

Then again, I like your general optimism. You're right, we should be fine at QB no matter who gets the job.