PDA

View Full Version : Tagge's conspiracy theory

Jerry Tagge
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
OK, I've been listening to this whole Favre thing about reporting to camp, not reporting to camp, bad mouthing TT and MM, and the Packers not trading or releasing him.

I have come up with a new conspiracy theory. Scrap the old one because I, like everyone else, have been played by TT and Favre. That's right, my new conspiracy theory has TT and Favre on the same side!

If anyone has ever seen the movie House of Games with Joe Mantenga, you'll understand my theory better.

First, TT knows the Packers best chance to win this year is with Favre at QB. He really believes in Rodgers but knows Favre can get the Packers over the top. However, he wants to keep his cabana boy happy. He doesn't want Rodgers to run off and sign with another team. He would then lose his cabana boy.

TT and Favre get together some time after the NFC Championship. TT tells Favre he really does want him back but he wants to keep Rodgers happy. Favre agrees with TT's request to retire in March. Favre keeps saying in April, May, and June that he's retired and isn't coming back. TT tells Favre you come out a few weeks before training camp and get the rumors going that you want to come back. TT knows Chris Mortenson will report anything Favre says.

TT will retort that the Packers will have moved on with Rodgers. MM will confirm this because MM really does want Favre back. Favre then makes phone calls to his buddy Darrell Bevell. Bevell clears the way for Favre to call Brad Childress. Now it appears Favre wants to play for the Vikings. Naturally there's no way TT will agree to trade Favre to the Vikings. All this time TT and MM will give their undying support to the cabana boy.

Favre can't stay quiet or else this will look like a conspiracy theory. Remember, the key to a good con job is to make it look as real as possible. Favre shoots off to Mort and he reports everything. Favre makes charges that the Packers don't want him to go anywhere else (which is true), they don't want him back with the team (which is false) and that they really want him to stay retired (which is also false).

TT procrastinates on the situation while Favre continues to talk. It gets so bad that Roger Goodell, who is not in on the conspiracy, gets involved. So now TT has been given an ultimatum to resolve this situation. TT now can't let Favre sit. However, TT will not let him go to the Vikings. The tampering charges against the Vikings are part of the conspiracy. Remember, it has to look good. This doesn't mean the Packers won't be successful in getting picks from the Vikings. It's a bonus if we get picks.

TT gives two teams permission to talk to Favre - one team Favre would never agree to play for (Jets) and another that Favre might agree to play for but one who TT would re-think a trade (Buccaneers). All the while Favre makes it clear his preferred destination is Minnesota.

TT tells his cabana boy that there's no way the Packers can take a chance Favre ends up with the Vikings. TT still gives Rodgers his vote of confidence. TT even gets Favre to delay reporting to camp.

TT will try to work a trade but there won't be one that's acceptable to either the Packers or Favre. TT also can't let Favre stay retired because he's got Goodell on his back. Which means there is only one solution to this problem.

Yes, the only solution is BRETT FAVRE RETURNS AS THE PACKERS STARTING QB!

TT can then go to his cabana boy and tell him we still believe in you, this will still be your team, stay here because you're our guy but we have to let Brett play because the commissioner tied our hands and we just couldn't work a deal that would be satisfactory to us and Brett. TT's cabana boy will be happy and goes back to holding the clipboard. This is assuming he doesn't go on IR during training camp.

So you see the mark all along has been Aaron Rodgers. The media, fans and even Goodell were used to help things along.

falco
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
the greatest trick ted thompson ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....

MTPackerfan
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
OK, I've been listening to this whole Favre thing about reporting to camp, not reporting to camp, bad mouthing TT and MM, and the Packers not trading or releasing him.

I have come up with a new conspiracy theory. Scrap the old one because I, like everyone else, have been played by TT and Favre. That's right, my new conspiracy theory has TT and Favre on the same side!

If anyone has ever seen the movie House of Games with Joe Mantenga, you'll understand my theory better.

First, TT knows the Packers best chance to win this year is with Favre at QB. He really believes in Rodgers but knows Favre can get the Packers over the top. However, he wants to keep his cabana boy happy. He doesn't want Rodgers to run off and sign with another team. He would then lose his cabana boy.

TT and Favre get together some time after the NFC Championship. TT tells Favre he really does want him back but he wants to keep Rodgers happy. Favre agrees with TT's request to retire in March. Favre keeps saying in April, May, and June that he's retired and isn't coming back. TT tells Favre you come out a few weeks before training camp and get the rumors going that you want to come back. TT knows Chris Mortenson will report anything Favre says.

TT will retort that the Packers will have moved on with Rodgers. MM will confirm this because MM really does want Favre back. Favre then makes phone calls to his buddy Darrell Bevell. Bevell clears the way for Favre to call Brad Childress. Now it appears Favre wants to play for the Vikings. Naturally there's no way TT will agree to trade Favre to the Vikings. All this time TT and MM will give their undying support to the cabana boy.

Favre can't stay quiet or else this will look like a conspiracy theory. Remember, the key to a good con job is to make it look as real as possible. Favre shoots off to Mort and he reports everything. Favre makes charges that the Packers don't want him to go anywhere else (which is true), they don't want him back with the team (which is false) and that they really want him to stay retired (which is also false).

TT procrastinates on the situation while Favre continues to talk. It gets so bad that Roger Goodell, who is not in on the conspiracy, gets involved. So now TT has been given an ultimatum to resolve this situation. TT now can't let Favre sit. However, TT will not let him go to the Vikings. The tampering charges against the Vikings are part of the conspiracy. Remember, it has to look good. This doesn't mean the Packers won't be successful in getting picks from the Vikings. It's a bonus if we get picks.

TT gives two teams permission to talk to Favre - one team Favre would never agree to play for (Jets) and another that Favre might agree to play for but one who TT would re-think a trade (Buccaneers). All the while Favre makes it clear his preferred destination is Minnesota.

TT tells his cabana boy that there's no way the Packers can take a chance Favre ends up with the Vikings. TT still gives Rodgers his vote of confidence. TT even gets Favre to delay reporting to camp.

TT will try to work a trade but there won't be one that's acceptable to either the Packers or Favre. TT also can't let Favre stay retired because he's got Goodell on his back. Which means there is only one solution to this problem.

Yes, the only solution is BRETT FAVRE RETURNS AS THE PACKERS STARTING QB!

TT can then go to his cabana boy and tell him we still believe in you, this will still be your team, stay here because you're our guy but we have to let Brett play because the commissioner tied our hands and we just couldn't work a deal that would be satisfactory to us and Brett. TT's cabana boy will be happy and goes back to holding the clipboard. This is assuming he doesn't go on IR during training camp.

So you see the mark all along has been Aaron Rodgers. The media, fans and even Goodell were used to help things along.

Brillant!!!!! That is also what I was thinking. :wink:

packers11
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
haha I love the way its going...

Tell me how it ends :!: :wink:

Guiness
07-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I know you! You're the mystery writter for Lost and Prison Break, right???

Tyrone Bigguns
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
the greatest trick ted thompson ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....

Get agent dave kujan on the horn...we know what keyser soze looks like.

HowardRoark
07-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I finally was able to read Peter King’s article today. I found this interesting:

I think I know the best solution for this. Yes, I think eventually the Pack might pay Favre his 2008 salary to stay away, though that's not something Favre wants to have happen. The best thing, and the thing Favre and commissioner/referee Goodell discussed Saturday would be for Favre to wait and see about his 2008 team. "Roger said it could be some situation later in the year that we don't know about right now, when the stakes are higher,'' Favre told me. "That's an option. I agree with him.''

So Favre is sitting down South waiting for some team to desperately need a quarterback. A team that he thinks can make it to the Super Bowl. Before we know it, Rodgers goes down with an injury. Who is the best quarterback out there? Let’s see, we are paying one to sit on his couch, why not bring him back? The mythical Favre flies up on the jet, shows up, leads the Pack to the Super Bowl……….the final chapter is finished.

I read some scout from another team yesterday describing the situation. Basically, Brett is dealing with this the same way he played. By the seat of his pants; winging it. Will he be able to throw an underhanded shuffle pass at the last second……we will see.

It was refreshing today to read comments that indicate there is a great deal of respect for his legacy. And likewise, Favre’s respect for the Packers. I like the tone today.

texaspackerbacker
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I like Howard's theory a HELLUVA lot more than Tagge's.

Zool
07-28-2008, 11:22 PM

Get agent dave kujan on the horn...we know what keyser soze looks like.

You only need ask Kobayashi about the babershop quartet in Skokie IL.