PDA

View Full Version : Official T-WILL Training Camp Thread

falco
07-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Looks like he is bringing the pain already this season....

According to GBPG

* Williams broke up two passes, including a post corner intended for Donald Driver that he batted in midair.

Stay tuned for more details...

RashanGary
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I saw that. I thought about you right away too :) :)

Can I be the VP of your fan club? I like him a lot too.

RashanGary
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm heading out in a couple minutes to TC. I'm going to keep an eye on the WR's, CB's and Rodgers. It's an exciting time to be a Packer fan. I can't wait to get out there.

I'm tellin' ya'll now. When this season kicks off, we are going to kick ass and everyone is going to have a GREAT time.

boiga
07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Yup, he's looking good. Kampman mentioned that he thought the major improvement in the defense this off season was on the back end. Tramon, Harris, and C-Wood are going to give him more time to reach the QB thanks to the better coverage.

falco
07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
This is not good....

FROM JSO:

Tramon Williams was limping slightly on his left leg at one point.

I'm not fazed though, true gamers play through injuries...

falco
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
FROM GBPG

On the injury front, cornerback Tramon Williams left practice with an unknown ailment. It doesn't look like he will return. It didn't look serious.

Pacopete4
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm hoping he comes thru cuz im growin real tired of thinking Blackmon can stay healthy..

falco
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
FROM JSO:

To update on Tramon Williams' injury, he did not participate for the rest of practice but remained on the sidelines. Jarrett Bush took his spot in the nickel.

boiga
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
GBPG says that he got a "hip flexor injury" whatever that is.

You do realize this is your fault for giving him a special thread, right? :cry:

falco
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
GBPG says that he got a "hip flexor injury" whatever that is.

You do realize this is your fault for giving him a special thread, right? :cry:

oh snap

falco screwed up

boiga
07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
naah, he should be fine. He wasn't carted off and just sat on the sides for the rest of practice.

Hopefully, he'll be good to go tomorrow. Wait an see, I suppose.

MadtownPacker
07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope he is Ok because someone is going to get called to replace a likely injured or toasted Harris sometime this season. Based off of his strong play of last year I want it to be Williams.

boiga
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
D'oh, he's still out for afternoon practice today. What is a "hip flexor" anyways?

BallHawk
07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I would start a Ruvell thread but I'm scared I'll curse him and he'll get hurt.

Besides, Bretsky would just delete it anyway. :D

Guiness
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
D'oh, he's still out for afternoon practice today. What is a "hip flexor" anyways?

Hip flexor are a group of muscles that flex the femur - attaching it to the hip and spine. Very important in for running. Often when you hurt the bigger one (the Iliopsomething) it feels like lower back pain, but towards the outside of your back, not the middle.

boiga
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Guiness. Any educated guess on a recovery time?

Guiness
07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Can't really guess as they aren't revealing the extend or nature of the injury.

It's one of those 'soft tissue injuries' that are so nebulous. If it's a muscle bruise, some ice, then heat, then ice, then heat, then ice...will take care of it pretty quickly. If it's damage to the connective tissue, well...you know that dreaded 'high ankle sprain'? This is similar.

mission
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
its not a big deal.

those can linger -- not to the extent of a hammy, but they can last throughout a season. i had one my senior year. slowed me up in practice a bit but never felt it during the games.

motife
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
CBS sports is also high on Tramon Williams :

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10912106

Out of Nowhere Man
Cornerback Tramon Williams made the team last year as an undrafted rookie. He played some on the outside when injuries hit, but this year he has a good chance to be the team's nickel corner. That means sliding inside in coverage with Al Harris and Charles Woodson outside. If Williams can continue to develop the cover skills he showed last season, the Packers will have as good a threesome at corner as any team in the league.

falco
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
motife - t-will is an eventual starter, a probable pro-bowler, and a possible HOFer, but we're taking it one day at a time...

MORE PROOF OF HIS DOMINATION FROM GBPG:

Aaron Rodgers was 16-for-21 passing during team (11-on-11 drills),

AND

With Tramon Williams (hip flexor) sitting, Bush again worked as the No. 3 cornerback. Will Blackmon paired with Bush as the second team CBs.

coincidence??? i think not - Rodgers completion % went through the roof as soon as T-WILL sat out.

falco
07-29-2008, 10:36 PM
GBPG reporting Williams out until family night

Tramon Williams, the Green Bay Packers’ top backup cornerback, is hoping his injured hip flexor will heal quickly enough to allow him to take part in the team’s Family Night scrimmage on Sunday night.

Williams injured his left hip flexor late in the Packers’ first practice of training camp Monday morning. He tried to take part in practice on Monday night but was too sore. It appears he likely will be out until at least Friday; the Packers don’t practice on Thursday.

“It was just slippery out there the first day of practice trying to get used to the grass again. A lot of people were out there slipping,” Williams said. “My hip flexor got tight. Didn’t pull anything. Just a lot sore right now.”

Williams had the best offseason of all the backup quarterbacks and, as long as he’s not out too long, is the front-runner to be the No. 3 cornerback. While he’s been out, Jarrett Bush has worked as the nickel cornerback in his place.

Meanwhile AROD is on a tear - demonstrating how important TWILL is to our def

falco
07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Mike Vandermause has some interesting predictions in his lastest chat at GBPG:

Al Harris will retain his starting job for one more season. Tramon Williams will be the nickel back and win a starting job in 2009.

my thoughts exactly....

bobblehead
08-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Geezus, I had to sift thru 5 pages of mostly favre threads to find this just so I could copy/paste this for falco:

from the scrimmage blog on JSonline:

Tramon Williams came back strong from his injury and showed just how much better he is than the rest of the guys at nickel back.

falco
01-19-2011, 08:07 AM
http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2011/01-January/falcons-packers-divisional-playoff-2015--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

billy_oliver880
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Its amazing how important he has become to the defense.

vince
01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
You da man falco. What a great success story.

green_bowl_packer
01-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Searching up a MM comment for a thread about playing Dallas in the parking lot back in 2007, I watched an MM press conference that occurred the Friday after the Detroit Thanksgiving game and before the Dallas game (Nov 25?, 2007). MM was talking up Tramon big time even back then, to the effect of "this kid gets it". It's been great to watch his and this whole teams progress.

I think this could be attributed to the Al Harris effect on the DB group. After the game on NFLN, Dieon attributed the revival of CW's career to the example that Al set for the group and the friendly competition and camaraderie that resulted. I thought that was pretty cool of prime time.

gbgary
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2011/01-January/falcons-packers-divisional-playoff-2015--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

what a way to end a half. the only thing better is ending a game that way...thanks al.

Little Whiskey
01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
i read that was his first pick 6.........ever! never in the pros, college, high school, or pop warner. heres to a few more this coming weekend

bobblehead
01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
i read that was his first pick 6.........ever! never in the pros, college, high school, or pop warner. heres to a few more this coming weekend

Knew I was better than him....I had a pick 6 in a high school game. TT SIGN ME UP!!

Bossman641
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Knew I was better than him....I had a pick 6 in a high school game. TT SIGN ME UP!!

Did you lock down Darren Charles though? TT already has Tank on speed dial.

Fritz
01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
I once drank a six pack in the first half of a high school game while sitting under the bleachers without getting caught. TT? TT?

BZnDallas
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Searching up a MM comment for a thread about playing Dallas in the parking lot back in 2007, I watched an MM press conference that occurred the Friday after the Detroit Thanksgiving game and before the Dallas game (Nov 25?, 2007). MM was talking up Tramon big time even back then, to the effect of "this kid gets it". It's been great to watch his and this whole teams progress.

I think this could be attributed to the Al Harris effect on the DB group. After the game on NFLN, Dieon attributed the revival of CW's career to the example that Al set for the group and the friendly competition and camaraderie that resulted. I thought that was pretty cool of prime time.

Nov. 30 MM press confrence...

"I like our football team. I'll take this football team anywhere. I'm not concerned about what this game means, not at all. We'll play anybody, and I think we've proven that. I think we've proven that because of the way we play on the road. We'll play them in the parking lot, Dallas, Texas, it doesn't matter."

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...6-528cc843f916

down towards the bottom of the article... question about how will this group respond to their first loss in awhile

mission
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Did you lock down Darren Charles though? TT already has Tank on speed dial.

I once out-QB'd John Navarre the eventual QB for Michigan and then 3rd string in Arizona.

.......... but he was 6'5" or something and I was/am barely 6'.

So now I just post on football forums.