PDA

View Full Version : D line becoming a problem?

VegasPackFan
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I am starting to become more concerned about our D-line than I am about this whole Favre mess.

If Harrell stays out hurt and Jolly gets suspended for any length of time, what is that gonna leave us with? Not much depth at all.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
If we assume we're fine at QB, the DL has to be the biggest scare now

Harrell is hurt again, and if the cops prosecute Jolly he might miss time via suspension. We lose those two and then we're hoping a journeyman like Cole plays above his head or some of the young guys develop faster.

Joemailman
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
If Jolly gets suspended (which I doubt) it is definitely a problem. They would have some options. One is to move Jenkins inside, and use KGB/Thompson at RDE. The other is to utilize the 3-4 more than expected, with Pickett flanked by Jenkins and Kampman.

CaptainKickass
07-28-2008, 10:59 PM
If Jolly gets suspended (which I doubt) it is definitely a problem. They would have some options. One is to move Jenkins inside, and use KGB/Thompson at RDE. The other is to utilize the 3-4 more than expected, with Pickett flanked by Jenkins and Kampman.

Or......

Everyone could just jump back onto the COLE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM

Why the heck is Jolly allowed to practice with the team?

I agree, his offense was ridiculously minor. But it is still a drug crime.

Joemailman
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't think he's had any past offenses, so I don't think the Packers or NFL will do anything unless he's convicted.

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM

Why the heck is Jolly allowed to practice with the team?

I agree, his offense was ridiculously minor. But it is still a drug crime.

He's allowed to practice because charges are still pending I think so since he has not been found guilty of anything he can't be suspended

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
kind of a bummer. don't they have a first offenders program or something for him to avoid conviction? It really was a pretty innocuous violation.

A better question might be: Is Jolly a first offender?

Bretsky
07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
kind of a bummer. don't they have a first offenders program or something for him to avoid conviction? It really was a pretty innocuous violation.

A better question might be: Is Jolly a first offender?

Not sure but thought I heard if he's guilty we can expect a 4 game whacking

boiga
07-28-2008, 11:31 PM
kind of a bummer. don't they have a first offenders program or something for him to avoid conviction? It really was a pretty innocuous violation.McCarthy said that he was already in rehab, so that should help.

Also, a big part of this will be determined when the after the drug lab in Houston reports just how much codeine was in the Dr.Pepper bottle. If the dosage was low enough and the bottle half empty then he'll probably walk. Convicting someone to jail time for carrying a half pills worth of codeine wouldn't make any sense for a first offense.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:41 PM
kind of a bummer. don't they have a first offenders program or something for him to avoid conviction? It really was a pretty innocuous violation.McCarthy said that he was already in rehab, so that should help.

rehab for codiene? :lol: People with codiene are in need of physical rehab.

boiga
07-28-2008, 11:44 PM
It's an opiate, like morphine and heroin, and roughly as addictive. So, if he's been using the sizzurp regularly, rehab's a good call.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
It's an opiate, like morphine and heroin, and roughly as addictive. So, if he's been using the sizzurp regularly, rehab's a good call.

its an opiate, but its a very weak sister of morphine/heroin. "roughly as addictive" - no way. They don't put heroin in cough syrup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeine

I suppose it is possible he was taking large quanities.

boiga
07-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Not per gram, but there is a reason that they don't prescribe it over long periods of time except in terminal cases.

A large amount of codeine would be about as addictive as a medium amount of morphine or a small amount of heroin. They all toggle the same receptor, just to varying degrees of efficacy.

Still the amount he had in that bottle should be minuscule, so hopefully this will blow over. Also, the rehab is a good call to get him probation and not jail time. It'll show the judge that he's learned his lesson, which he better have or M3 will separate him from his nether parts.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Not per gram, but there is a reason that they don't prescribe it over long periods of time except in terminal cases.

A large amount of codeine would be about as addictive as a medium amount of morphine or a small amount of heroin. They all toggle the same receptor, just to varying degrees of efficacy. .

wiki says it is about 10% the strength of morphine.

but i was thinking there might be some way to concentrate it, sort of like free-basing.

you're right, its possible that he was using it in mass quantities to get high, I just doubt it. I suspect the high of massive amounts of codiene is not as pleasant as heroin because of side effects.

Well, shit, why don't we just ask our resident druggy. Ever do codeine, Madtown?

Guiness
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM

its an opiate, but its a very weak sister of morphine/heroin. "roughly as addictive" - no way. They don't put heroin in cough syrup.

Anymore :(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/953440070_4d5b08d88b_o.jpg

Guiness
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Well, shit, why don't we just ask our resident druggy. Ever do codeine, Madtown?

Nah, MTP likes his Mary Jane. I think for pill popping questions, Tank is the man, but tokers and poppers never could get along, so Mad booted him.