PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn...

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Ok, I know its only the first practice so don't jump down my back.. I just want to make notice of the guy who could be with the Packers for years to come..

It seems that everywhere he goes, people say he's not good enough to be there or be playing but when he does play... he does his job.

While all the praise is going to Brohm and Rodgers... Flynn went a mere 10-12 in today's practice.. you can say they were easy passes, or whatever your excuse is, but I think this guy will be a strong backup for the Packers for years to come.. just a prediction!

RashanGary
07-29-2008, 07:07 AM
I thought he looked like he belonged. I watched Paul Thompson and Ingle Martin over the last couple years at practice and Flynn looks a lot better IMO. Those guys were just erratic. Flynn was steady last night.

Zool
07-29-2008, 07:48 AM
From all accounts, he'll never be a superstar QB, but having a solid steady backup QB is something we've not needed in almost 20 years. Maybe he'll become another Doug Peterson.

Spaulding
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Would be awful nice if Rodgers and/or Brohm pan out and Flynn becomes another Aaron Brooks/Mark Bruenell/Matt Hasslebeck and we end up being able to trade him for a mid to high draft pick (nothing like turning in a 7th round flyer for a 3rd or 4th rounder).

CaliforniaCheez
07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
In June I thought Flynn would have the least stress in making the roster.

Should a fourth QB be added to the roster and kept (you know who) then Flynn could be cut and gone forever.

It will be quite interesting for him.

bobblehead
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
I thought he looked like he belonged. I watched Paul Thompson and Ingle Martin over the last couple years at practice and Flynn looks a lot better IMO. Those guys were just erratic. Flynn was steady last night.

I haven't seen anything yet being out west, but I have always judged young QB's by noting if the game looks too fast for them. If he looks comfortable that is huge. We played san diego in back to back preseasons and I always thought rivers looked very comfortable when he was backing up brees, so I hope this works out the same (or even close to the same)

Freak Out
07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Something tells me Flynn ends up getting more wins in the NFL than Brohm ever does.

Pacopete4
07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
How about Rodgers?