PDA

View Full Version : FAVRES REINSTATEMENT LETTER IS IN!

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
JUST SAW IT ON ESPN!!!!!! WEEEEEIIIIIIOOOOUUUUUUU

rbaloha1
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Yup according to Chris Mortenson the letter is in. 48 hours BF is in Packers camp.

Guiness
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Yoweee! Here we go.

If we all thought it was a circus before...

My hope is that TT used the couple of days he apparently asked Favre for, and got back to him with a solution/plan, and this letter of reinstatement is just the first step in getting it rolling?

boiga
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Sigh... here comes the storm...

It'll be interesting see Favre on special teams though.

sheepshead
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Yoweee! Here we go.

My hope is that TT used the couple of days he apparently asked Favre for, and got back to him with a solution/plan, and this letter of reinstatement is just the first step in getting it rolling?

For instance?

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM

I have a feeling Favre would love to play some special teams.. haha

Guiness
07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Yoweee! Here we go.

For instance?

Umm, there isn't enough speculation in some of the other threads you may have noticed around here for you to pick your favorite one? :P

This following icon has not been used nearly enough through all of this:

:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

Chubbyhubby
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
I heard on ESPN that the show ESPN LIVE will brodcast live tomrrow in Green Bay. Tne suspense is just killing me!!

BallHawk
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, if there's going to be a trade I'd expect within the next 24 hours.

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm to the point where I dont give a shit if he plays for someone else anymore.. It's the packers choice, not his... I just want to see him play again, hes too special and I dont know when I'll see another one like him, if ever

digitaldean
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
:shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf:

Fritz
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Sigh. Unfortunately, I don't think TT is having much success at trading Favre. Sounds like Favre has resisted attempts to have him make a list of acceptable teams, or talk to the two teams who seem to have a public interest. So Favre has made teams leery of trading for him.

I think for Favre part of this is a revenge thing. He didn't get the love he wanted when he made noises (the second time) about coming back, and he seems irked. So showing up will make TT uncomfortable and put MM in a tough spot. I think Favre still thinks he can maneuver his release.

Personally, if I were Ted - and I'm not kidding on this - I'd call up the Vikes and offer to trade Favre to them. The longer the circus goes on, the more damaging this is to the Pack. I'd rather have Favre playing the Pack twice a year in a Queens uni than have this madhouse continue ad infinitum. I'd take a d-tackle (they got a good young one in there somewhere?) and a third round pick.

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Personally, if I were Ted - and I'm not kidding on this - I'd call up the Vikes and offer to trade Favre to them. The longer the circus goes on, the more damaging this is to the Pack. I'd rather have Favre playing the Pack twice a year in a Queens uni than have this madhouse continue ad infinitum. I'd take a d-tackle (they got a good young one in there somewhere?) and a third round pick.

Ya, Favre does need another ring or two to prove he is the best ever... it wouldn't bother me at all either........ :?:

Cheesehead Craig
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
If it was reported on ESPN, why is it not on their website or on anyone else's website?

Patler
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
The very interesting thing will be how Favre handles this.

Will he orchestrate a media circus, or will he attempt to defuse it?
Will he sulk, or will he accept the situation day by day?

Will he put the team 1st, as he was so vocal about with others?

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
maybe I'm lying?.... haha jk, it was just on NLF Live with Chris Mortenson (of course)

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

boiga
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, if there's going to be a trade I'd expect within the next 24 hours.Naah, they have until friday. Favre'll show up tomorrow and spend the day with the conditioning coach. Thursday they don't have practice, so Brett's first day will be on Friday.

All ESPN live will get is a shot of Brett entering the clubhouse. Big whoop.

Edit:PFT has it too: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/29/favre-faxes-reinstatement-letter/

Bossman641
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
The very interesting thing will be how Favre handles this.

Will he orchestrate a media circus, or will he attempt to defuse it?
Will he sulk, or will he accept the situation day by day?

Will he put the team 1st, as he was so vocal about with others?

My guess, unfortunately, is that he will sulk. If the rumors are true, that he won't put together a list of teams he will play for and is only angling for his release so he can go to the Vikings, then he will want to (further) stir up as much shit as possible.

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
A little birdy told me that if he is put at the 2nd string QB and is told to go in that he will tell them he is trying to learn the plays and refuse... but that sounded like just talk when I heard it and my guess is that he'll go in there and play like he always has..

Chevelle2
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Im guessing TT and MM expected this (reinstatement), and have a plan in place they intend to put into action soon.

I dont think Favre threw them for a loop all of a sudden, so to speak.

Cheesehead Craig
07-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, it's up on ESPN.com now.

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Im guessing TT and MM expected this (reinstatement), and have a plan in place they intend to put into action soon.

If thats the case then why did TT ask Brett for more time... again as Mortenson reported?

I think TT is fucked and he knows it... no team in their right mind would give up a ton for a guy they know has a possibility of being release and the possibility of he not willing to play for them... TT is now in the bad place and we'll all see how he deals with it.. most likely he will deal with it in a weasly way like hes doing with Ryan Grant

Patler
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, if there's going to be a trade I'd expect within the next 24 hours.Naah, they have until friday. Favre'll show up tomorrow and spend the day with the conditioning coach. Thursday they don't have practice, so Brett's first day will be on Friday.

Edit:PFT has it too: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/29/favre-faxes-reinstatement-letter/

My guess is Favre doesn't hit the practice field before next Tuesday:

I read (but can't verify right now) that the Packers have 48 hours to make their roster adjustment by adding Favre and releasing someone. Assuming the Commissioner reinstates him today, that gives them to Thursday, at the earliest.

They will bring him in Friday or Saturday for his conditioning tests. Assuming he passes on Friday, they will hold him out of practice on Saturday.

Family night scrimmage is Sunday - Favre won't even dress for it.

Monday is an off day.

Tuesday is the earliest Favre will practice

Bossman641
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM

If thats the case then why did TT ask Brett for more time... again as Mortenson reported?

I think TT is fucked and he knows it... no team in their right mind would give up a ton for a guy they know has a possibility of being release and the possibility of he not willing to play for them... TT is now in the bad place and we'll all see how he deals with it.. most likely he will deal with it in a weasly way like hes doing with Ryan Grant

What exactly does that mean? By weasly do you mean businesslike?

I could care less what TT and MM do now. For all I care, they can tell Favre to take laps for the entire practice or have him sit on the sidelines and pick dandelions.

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM

I read (but can't verify right now) that the Packers have 48 hours to make their roster adjustment by adding Favre and releasing someone. Assuming the Commissioner reinstates him today, that gives them to Thursday, at the earliest.

They will bring him in Friday or Saturday for his conditioning tests. Assuming he passes on Friday, they will hold him out of practice on Saturday.

Monday is an off day.

dont sound SO excited patler...

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm excited to see him back out there.. if he's not going to start for us, I sure hope its for someone else... he's too much fun and too much of a joy to watch play the game to sit the bench

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM

I could care less what TT and MM do now. For all I care, they can tell Favre to take laps for the entire practice or have him sit on the sidelines and pick dandelions.

LOL LOL LOL

sheepshead
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM

So our GM is 'weasly" and Grants agent is what??? Straight up, straight shootin' pillar of the football world??

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
ESPN report: Favre files for reinstatement

Brett Favre followed through on his statements that he wanted to come out of retirement by faxing his reinstatement letter to the NFL today, acccording to a report on ESPN.com.

The Packers contacted almost all teams in the NFL trying to acquire something of value for Favre, but sources said the team had nothing even close to an offer it would consider.

After a pair of 45-minute telephone conversations with Thompson on Saturday, Favre agreed to delay for several days the possibility that he will report. The first step was for Favre to undertake the formality of seeking approval of his request for reinstatement by Commissioner Roger Goodell, which he apparently did today.

Patler
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Monday is an off day.

dont sound SO excited patler...

Heck, they may rig the conditioning test so he fails, and does nothing but ride a stationary bike for the next three weeks!

mission
how many people in this thread are 19 years old or younger?

:lol: :arrow:

Pacopete4
On a good not, Arod is still healthy after hit #1... and if anyone was there, do you know who did it?

"Quarterbacks aren’t supposed to get hit during training camp practices. They wear red jerseys, which means they are off limits. However, that didn’t stop Aaron Rodgers from taking a shot today.

Just after he unleashed a deep pass completion to Taj Smith, he was hit in the pocket by an unidentified player. "

DonHutson
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
:shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf:

It's very appropriate that you repeat the icon, because the shit is really hitting the fans.

I know I feel dirty.

Chevelle2
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Why?

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Why?

haha.. I guess we immature or he's looking for a date :P

Lurker64
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm assuming that if Favre makes a stink and/or refuses to cooperate or do what his coaches tell him to do, the Packers would have grounds for suspending or fining him once he's reinstated, am I wrong?

I imagine this would keep him from being too disruptive.

Pacopete4
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
You're absolutely right Lurker..

Patler
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Monday is an off day.

I guess I'll have to revise my timetable.
The Packers may have only 24 hours:

Once Favre is granted reinstatement, a step considered a formality, the Packers will have 24 hours to release the star quarterback or return him to their active roster. Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson has said the team will not release Favre.

Freak Out
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM

LOL LOL LOL

You think this is High School or something?

boiga
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
League spokesman Greg Aiello said Goodell will not approve Favre's reinstatement today, meaning the Packers could wait until Thursday to determine their course of action. What that will be, McCarthy didn't say. http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/07/29/packers-ready-for-next-step-in-favre-saga.aspx

Nope, you were right Patler. He'll be on the field Saturday at the earliest.

Packers4Ever
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM

I just now finished reading this PFT blog on Brett. Very depressing to read the nasty comments made about Brett one after another. I would guess maybe 90% against him. Maybe not a good idea to go read it - :x

It's hard to believe the changes that have taken place in just the past 5-6 months and the bad feelings that have been stirred up over it.

Maybe everything will go smoothly when he returns to GB tomorrow and all concerned will arrive at a reasonable solution to make everyone happy?

:(

Packers4Ever
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm to the point where I dont give a shit if he plays for someone else anymore.. It's the packers choice, not his... I just want to see him play again, hes too special and I dont know when I'll see another one like him, if ever

My feelings exactly, Paco, I'm convinced he won't end up with us again - - so - - if playing for the Vikes is REALLY what he wants and luck would go in that direction, then so be it. At least we'd see him a couple times a year.

He IS a special guy.....

MJZiggy
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM

I have a feeling Favre would love to play some special teams.. haha

Wedge buster...

Bretsky
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Me too; he can play anywhere; I just don't care anymore

Bretsky
07-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Monday is an off day.

I guess I'll have to revise my timetable.
The Packers may have only 24 hours:

Once Favre is granted reinstatement, a step considered a formality, the Packers will have 24 hours to release the star quarterback or return him to their active roster. Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson has said the team will not release Favre.

Patler Patlerized himself :!:

MadtownPacker
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh shit, he really did huh? Bout time he got a taste of his own medicine. :lol:

Well it looks like the endgame is near. I have no idea how this is all gonna turn out but if Favre is on the team and a fair competition is not allowed McCarthy will lose major respect IMO.

Bretsky
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Well it looks like the endgame is near. I have no idea how this is all gonna turn out but if Favre is on the team and a fair competition is not allowed McCarthy will lose major respect IMO.

Dang Patler always spewing out inaccuracies; funny that he busted himself instead of somebody else for once :lol:

Patler
07-29-2008, 08:43 PM

Dang Patler always spewing out inaccuracies; funny that he busted himself instead of somebody else for once :lol:

Hey, I'm all about accuracy, even from myself! :lol:

RashanGary
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, whatever happens happens. I'm hopefull it takes him a couple weeks to get on the field and we eventually work out a trade.

VegasPackFan
07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I had thought that TT, MM would not even allow him in camp due to all the distractions. They have already said they are going with Rodgers. This could be a move to give TT more legitimacy in trade talks with other teams....

Otherwise, couldnt they just ask him to stay home for the good of the team and wait out a move? By the end of the preseason they would either have to have a deal in place or release him.

oregonpackfan
07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
At this point in the messy, drawn-out saga, I just want resolution be it joining the team, being traded, or being released.

The Packers need to focus on the upcoming season not this Favre situation debacle. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
07-29-2008, 09:58 PM

LOL LOL LOL

You think this is High School or something?

sorry, i'll remember to "keep it GANGSTA" for u lol

gex
07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
WOOHOO!!! :D
This is great news. If he does come to camp me thinks that all will act very professional and have a good QB competition(which Brett will win) or he'll get traded.