PDA

View Full Version : He will be welcome back in our locker room - MM

packers11
07-29-2008, 05:03 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/07/29/packers-ready-for-next-step-in-favre-saga.aspx

mraynrand
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
BYOL

Bring Your Own Locker

mission
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
BYOL

Bring Your Own Locker

I love those parties...

Tarlam!
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
BYOL

Bring Your Own Locker

BOMNF!!!!

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
LOL - good one!!!

You are welcome back in the locker room, but wait...Murphy is on his way down to tell you to stay home. I don't get that one! :doh:

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
The contradictions of the Packer organization are starting to mount. Clearly, their grand plan for Favre to be "pushed" into retirement is beginning to unravel.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 09:26 AM
LOL - good one!!!

You are welcome back in the locker room, but wait...Murphy is on his way down to tell you to stay home. I don't get that one! :doh:You have no evidence that Murphy is going to say that. All you have is unsubstantiated media BS. I can't believe these people that continue to belive every word that comes out of the media's mouth.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:27 AM
You have no evidence that Murphy is going to say that.

So what is he going down there to say then...if not to attempt to convince Favre to stay away from camp?

mmmdk
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL - good one!!!

You are welcome back in the locker room, but wait...Murphy is on his way down to tell you to stay home. I don't get that one! :doh:

Hmm...how do you know what Murphy will be saying to Favre? Murphy was mute on the subject.

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
McCarthy's point is that the players should welcome Favre back. He's trying to avoid any potential rift in the locker room that might be caused by telling players that Favre isn't welcome.

However, watch the video, when have you ever seen M3 calling him "Brett Favre" before, instead of just "Brett." Favre's on M3's shit list right now, and I'm not even sure that they'll be able to work together going forward.

Murphy's down south trying to make that dilemma a non-issue. Good luck to that. ..

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:30 AM
The contradictions of the Packer organization are starting to mount. Clearly, their grand plan for Favre to be "pushed" into retirement is beginning to unravel. They never pushed Favre into retirement. Favre was quoted multiple times in March saying that there was no pressure to leave, and all they did to hurry a decision was ask.

Sure, they're trying to keep him retired, but he was never pushed out.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
McCarthy's point is that the players should welcome Favre back. He's trying to avoid any potential rift in the locker room that might be caused by telling players that Favre isn't welcome.

I think the players are fine with Favre coming back. McCarthy might be wise to take his own advice.

cpk1994
You have no evidence that Murphy is going to say that.

So what is he going down there to say then...if not to attempt to convince Favre to stay away from camp? He can say this, quoting Lurker(it was a fine post BTW):

"Brett, you're not going to be the starter week 1. We'd like to help you play football in week 1, but we're not going to do it by releasing you, that's not going to happen. So we're looking to trade you, but you're not making it easy on us to trade you. Could you please either talk to any of the teams that have expressed interest in trading for you or alternatively give us a list of teams that you would be interested in playing? The sooner you can do either of these things, the better it is for either of us. If you're not going to either tell us the names of teams outside the division you're willing to pay for or actually talk to the teams who want you, you're just not going to be very happy and you're going to make a mess for everybody, especially yourself."

mmmdk
The contradictions of the Packer organization are starting to mount. Clearly, their grand plan for Favre to be "pushed" into retirement is beginning to unravel. They never pushed Favre into retirement. Favre was quoted multiple times in March saying that there was no pressure to leave, and all they did to hurry a decision was ask.

Agreed.

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
LOL - good one!!!

You are welcome back in the locker room, but wait...Murphy is on his way down to tell you to stay home. I don't get that one! :doh:You have no evidence that Murphy is going to say that. All you have is unsubstantiated media BS. I can't believe these people that continue to belive every word that comes out of the media's mouth.

You're right, all we have in any of this are the media reports.

When it's something negative towards the packers, it's media BS, but when it's against Favre you use it for ammo. Talk about a contradiction.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Then it is a waste of time.

Favre doesn't have the help the Packers in any way. Why should he? They are the ones trying to stifle him into retirement.

Favre will laugh at him and tell him that Rodgers better play lights out...cause hell is coming.

mmmdk
07-30-2008, 09:37 AM

However, watch the video, when have you ever seen M3 calling him "Brett Favre" before, instead of just "Brett." Favre's on M3's shit list right now, and I'm not even sure that they'll be able to work together going forward.

Murphy's down south trying to make that dilemma a non-issue. Good luck to that. ..

The Mariucci comment didn't help either. I think McCarthy loathes this kind of behavior that Favre projects; as do I yet I don't loathe Favre one bit. Enough is enough and even then I'd let Favre back to the team if he commits to the Packers and the way of things according to McCarthy.

BallHawk
Favre will laugh at him and tell him that Rodgers better play lights out...cause hell is coming.

When Favre comes....

Rodgers could be 25/25 in drills.

Rodgers could be 10/25.

It doesn't matter. Nothing's gonna change.

cpk1994
LOL - good one!!!

You're right, all we have in any of this are the media reports.

When it's something negative towards the packers, it's media BS, but when it's against Favre you use it for ammo. Talk about a contradiction.I have agreed the opinions in the articles, but otherwise the only part of the articles I have opined on are Brett's direct quotes.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Well, that was the point I was trying to make...they are pushing him out RIGHT NOW.

Their plan in the last month or so has been to do whatever it takes to prevent Favre from seeing the field in 2008.

I would agree that they didn't push Favre out in March. That was Favre's own dumb fault.

mmmdk
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM

Well, that was the point I was trying to make...they are pushing him out RIGHT NOW.

Their plan in the last month or so has been to do whatever it takes to prevent Favre from seeing the field in 2008.

I would agree that they didn't push Favre out in March. That was Favre's own dumb fault.

You got it! :D

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
It doesn't matter. Nothing's gonna change.

I know that...but it will still be hell for McCarthy, Thompson and the team in general if Rodgers struggles. The questions pertaining to Favre if Rodgers struggles would be an overwhelming distraction.

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM

I would agree that they didn't push Favre out in March. That was Favre's own dumb fault.I don't quite see it that way. To me, there's a difference between not letting a guy back in and pushing him out. For the entire summer, Favre had been Packers alumni. He stopped training, didn't even think about working with the team, and acted like every other retired player.

Then he wants back in and demands the starting job be handed to him. It isn't, because the job got filled in his absence and the team thinks it's doing fine without him. In any other corporate setting, that request to get your old job back would be scoffed at.

So, I really don't see any moral issues against the team's decision to "move forward" as they say. Strategically, there is room for debate, but they are doing right by the team.

If Brett wanted to play for any team other than the vikings, I could even understand releasing the guy... but when he decided that he only wanted to play for our teams biggest rival, he forced the hands of the Packer management to keep him off the field. He's not accepting trade talks, he's not willing to support his replacement, and he's bad mouthing the packers to the media.

Like I said, the Packers made strategic mistakes here, but morally their position is gold.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM

I would agree that they didn't push Favre out in March. That was Favre's own dumb fault.I don't quite see it that way. To me, there's a difference between not letting a guy back in and pushing him out. For the entire summer, Favre had been Packers alumni. He stopped training, didn't even think about working with the team, and acted like every other retired player.

Then he wants back in and demands the starting job be handed to him. It isn't, because the job got filled in his absence and the team thinks it's doing fine without him. In any other corporate setting, that request to get your old job back would be scoffed at.

So, I really don't see any moral issues against the team's decision to "move forward" as they say. Strategically, there is room for debate, but they are doing right by the team.

If Brett wanted to play for any team other than the vikings, I could even understand releasing the guy... but when he decided that he only wanted to play for our teams biggest rival, he forced the hands of the Packer management to keep him off the field. He's not accepting trade talks, he's not willing to support his replacement, and he's bad mouthing the packers to the media.

Like I said, the Packers made strategic mistakes here, but morally their position is gold.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:
:knll:

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM

:bs2: "If Brett wanted to play for any team other than the vikings, I could even understand releasing the guy... but when he decided that he only wanted to play for our teams biggest rival, he forced the hands of the Packer management to keep him off the field. He's not accepting trade talks, he's not willing to support his replacement, and he's bad mouthing the packers to the media."

boiga
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
:bs2: How so?

mmmdk
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM

You got it! :D

Well, almost. Packers are not letting him back as starter and would prefer if he accepted that or re-retired.

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
"If Brett wanted to play for any team other than the vikings, I could even understand releasing the guy... but when he decided that he only wanted to play for our teams biggest rival, he forced the hands of the Packer management to keep him off the field. He's not accepting trade talks, he's not willing to support his replacement, and he's bad mouthing the packers to the media."

He never came out directly and said it was the Vikings or nothing....show me that quote.
Do you know definitively that trade talks were rejected or even discussed....show me direct quotes.
He's been very supportive of Aaron Rodgers........that you can show me.
He has not been bad mouthing the Packers......he's been telling his side of the story. Whether that needed to be shared, is another story.
If all parties would get TOGETHER instead of sending someone, and then another one down to MS, or texting, or talking thru the media, this whole issue may not have come to this point.

Zool
07-30-2008, 10:12 AM
You seem very open to other opinions and ideas.

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM

If you're referring to me...........
let me say this, as the parent of 3 daughters, I've learned over the years that there are many options to attain a goal. When there were disagreements, me acting as a go between wasn't an option. Directly talking to each other was. If the situation arose where it involved all 3, then they were made to sit down and discuss and to come up with a logical conclusion. Talking to and thru other people rarely works.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I would agree that it is nothing but conjecture to assume it is "Vikings or bust" with Favre. Perhaps that is his viewpoint right now, but there is nothing public that can confirm this.

At this point, my best guess is that Favre wants to have the ability to figure out for himself what the best fit is. Maybe it would be Minnesota...but maybe it would be somewhere else. He doesn't want Green Bay making the determination for him by giving them a list before he is allowed to talk to teams and gauge the situation.

I can understand that...as well as Green Bay's viewpoint that they shouldn't give him that freedom.

Both have valid viewpoints...who is right depends on which side of the situation you are sitting on.

Zool
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM

If you're referring to me...........
let me say this, as the parent of 3 daughters, I've learned over the years that there are many options to attain a goal. When there were disagreements, me acting as a go between wasn't an option. Directly talking to each other was. If the situation arose where it involved all 3, then they were made to sit down and discuss and to come up with a logical conclusion. Talking to and thru other people rarely works.

I was, and you're not dealing with children although we do act it sometimes.

boiga
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
He never came out directly and said it was the Vikings or nothing....show me that quote.
-Favre could be traded to any team in the league if he told the Packers who he wanted, except the Bears and Vikings. The only reason to ask to be released is to fulfill his desire to play with one of those two teams. Considering that he was in talks with the childress before he began asking to be reinstated, that is the only reasonable explanation.

Do you know definitively that trade talks were rejected or even discussed....show me direct quotes. It's not direct, but this has been reported in a couple of other news sources as well: From the JSO article last night:
www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=777838 According to a source with knowledge of the trade talks, Favre has refused to speak to any of the teams the Packers have identified as possible trade partners, making it unlikely one of those teams would risk giving away a draft pick or a player for someone who might retire again if he doesn’t like the trade.

He has not been bad mouthing the Packers......he's been telling his side of the story. Whether that needed to be shared, is another story. He hasn't bad mouthed Rodgers, but he has scoffed at sitting behind him. Aaron Rodgers is the leader of this team, whether Brett comes back or not. If he is not willing to take a secondary role, then he is directly insulting that leadership. That's not supportive.

In regards to bad mouthing the packers, well he has call Ted an untrustworthy lying "shattered" individual desperate to keep his job. He complained about the hiring of Coach McCarthy to Greta. And he not once thanked his CURRENT team mates for their part in getting him the ESPY award or anything else this off season.

Favre's not exactly been taking the high road through all of this.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
"If Brett wanted to play for any team other than the vikings, I could even understand releasing the guy... but when he decided that he only wanted to play for our teams biggest rival, he forced the hands of the Packer management to keep him off the field. He's not accepting trade talks, he's not willing to support his replacement, and he's bad mouthing the packers to the media."

Do you know definitively that trade talks were rejected or even discussed....show me direct quotes.
He has not been bad mouthing the Packers......he's been telling his side of the story. Whether that needed to be shared, is another story.
If all parties would get TOGETHER instead of sending someone, and then another one down to MS, or texting, or talking thru the media, this whole issue may not have come to this point.

Greta: "Would you want to play for the Vikings?"

Brett: "I could envision that."

Greta: "Do you want to be traded."

Brett: "I can't see that."

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM

Greta: "Would you want to play for the Vikings?"

Brett: "I could envision that."

Greta: "Do you want to be traded."

Brett: "I can't see that."

This I can accept.
Boiga's 'quoted from a close source' stuff.........no.

sharpe1027
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
I would agree that it is nothing but conjecture to assume it is "Vikings or bust" with Favre. Perhaps that is his viewpoint right now, but there is nothing public that can confirm this.

At this point, my best guess is that Favre wants to have the ability to figure out for himself what the best fit is. Maybe it would be Minnesota...but maybe it would be somewhere else. He doesn't want Green Bay making the determination for him by giving them a list before he is allowed to talk to teams and gauge the situation.

I can understand that...as well as Green Bay's viewpoint that they shouldn't give him that freedom.

Both have valid viewpoints...who is right depends on which side of the situation you are sitting on.

Favre has not acted like a man that wants to play for the Packers from the start.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM

You are wrong on numerous counts.

A. You have no evidence that Favre ONLY wants to play for our team's biggest rival.

B. Favre has certainly been supportive of Rodgers...he has had nothing but praise for Rodgers publically.

C. He hasn't badmouthed the team in general. He has been critical of Thompson, but he hasn't been critical of players, fans or "the team" in general...as you suggest.

The Packers have been speaking out both sides of their mouth the last week or so. They are trying to soothe the fans and keep Favre at bay. It won't work.

The Packers may be fine on a "moral" standing...but stupidity or lack of foresight isn't a morality issue.

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM

A. You have no evidence that Favre ONLY wants to play for our team's biggest rival.

B. Favre has certainly been supportive of Rodgers...he has had nothing but praise for Rodgers publically.

C. He hasn't badmouthed the team in general. He has been critical of Thompson, but he hasn't been critical of players, fans or "the team" in general...as you suggest.

The Packers have been speaking out both sides of their mouth the last week or so. They are trying to soothe the fans and keep Favre at bay. It won't work.

The Packers may be fine on a "moral" standing...but stupidity or lack of foresight isn't a morality issue.

Thank you............well stated.

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM

There is no evidence that the Vikes are the ONLY one, but they are without a doubt his preferred destination. The chances of him signing with the Vikes, if somehow released, would be in the 85% area.

boiga
07-30-2008, 10:42 AM

B. Favre has certainly been supportive of Rodgers...he has had nothing but praise for Rodgers publically. A. True, it may not be his only choice, but it does seem like his first choice, does it not? B. Like I said, he hasn't dissed Rodgers, but he has been dismissive of the idea of accepting Rodgers as the starter. If Brett comes in thinking that he should be the team leader that will cause more than a little friction. Encouraging a QB controversy is NOT supportive of the starting QB.

C. He hasn't badmouthed the team in general. He has been critical of Thompson, but he hasn't been critical of players, fans or "the team" in general...as you suggest. You're right, I should have phrased that as bad mouthing the team's management. I still think he's in ingrate though for not thanking his receivers/OL for the ESPY.

The Packers may be fine on a "moral" standing...but stupidity or lack of foresight isn't a morality issue.You certainly have a point there.

sharpe1027
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM

He has a single conversation about coming back and immediately asks for an unconditional release. Prior to asking for the release, mud has been slung by his family and his agent about the Packers, conviently setting the stage for his request while he does not have to say anything. If what they said was not planned by him, it takes a few minutes out of his day to send a text message to one of the starving media outlets.

Since then, he has thrown his budy Campen under the bus, implied that he would rather have Marriucci than MM and complained about not being able to control GM moves. He takes selective quotes from a private conversation and releases them to the media, quotes which apparently the other side does not agree with, but refuses to get into a pissing match about (way to got TT and MM). He as much as admitted that he would be "sticking it to the Packers" by showing up for training camp and said he didn't want to do that, yet here he comes.

Who is speaking out of both sides of their mouths?

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 10:46 AM

I never said Favre was innocent of that.

sharpe1027
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM

I never said Favre was innocent of that.

Fair enough. My mistake for reading into what you said too much.

Carolina_Packer
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM

I think it blindsided Brett to think that he couldn't just make a phone call and have his old job back, even after some hemming and hawing about unretirement, but up to some point never being 100% committed to returning. Once he did re-commit, at least verbally, he was told thanks but no thanks. Using your corporate environment example I think works to a point. Guys who work for corporations do not have millions of fans, but future hall of fame NFL QB's do, and I think that Favre thought that he was so well branded, so well regarded by fans, players, management, and media that all he had to do was make up his mind and he was right back into his starting gig and the emotional capital and goodwill that Brett had built up could be cashed in again and he'd be right back under center because of all the fan-base/marketing/playing ability/living legend stuff. I'm sure that was one of the biggest surprises of his life. He could have had it back if he had made up his mind sooner. Some wanted the team to leave the door cracked for Brett's return. The organization saw Brett's retirement/indecision as a way to become fully committed to Rodgers (finally) and see what chance he had of becoming a winning NFL QB. They certainly knew what Brett can do. I respect their decsion, but of course wish that Brett was going to be back under center, but then I'm sentimental and never want certain stars/celebrities to age and stop performing, but everyone has to exit the stage somehow/someway. I'm sure this is not the end in GB that Brett or anyone would have imagined.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I think it blindsided Brett to think that he couldn't just make a phone call and have his old job back, even after some hemming and hawing about unretirement, but up to some point never being 100% committed to returning. Once he did re-commit, at least verbally, he was told thanks but no thanks. Using your corporate environment example I think works to a point. Guys who work for corporations do not have millions of fans, but future hall of fame NFL QB's do, and I think that Favre thought that he was so well branded, so well regarded by fans, players, management, and media that all he had to do was make up his mind and he was right back into his starting gig and the emotional capital and goodwill that Brett had built up could be cashed in again and he'd be right back under center because of all the fan-base/marketing/playing ability/living legend stuff. I'm sure that was one of the biggest surprises of his life. He could have had it back if he had made up his mind sooner. Some wanted the team to leave the door cracked for Brett's return. The organization saw Brett's retirement/indecision as a way to become fully committed to Rodgers (finally) and see what chance he had of becoming a winning NFL QB. They certainly knew what Brett can do. I respect their decsion, but of course wish that Brett was going to be back under center, but then I'm sentimental and never want certain stars/celebrities to age and stop performing, but everyone has to exit the stage somehow/someway. I'm sure this is not the end in GB that Brett or anyone would have imagined.

Hey, a reasonable assessment of the situation.
:D

Well done, sir (or ma'am).

sharpe1027
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM

One big difference from most business situations is that Brett cannot simply apply for a job with a different organization, the Packers control his destiny for the most part. That being said, Favre has no "right" to force his employer to do anything other than to honor his contract, which says nothing about guranteeing a starting spot.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM

or MM and TT could have used the Biblical xample of the Prodigal son (who made PLENTY mistakes like all humans) and had the nicest robe, celebration, and fatted calf waitn for him once he came to his senses....

my mama always told me ther's more than one way to skin a cat

maybe this will humble Lord Favre and he will now seek a REAL higher power and not garner his self worth from his image, individual abilities, fandom, etc. man (namely TT, lol) will let you down but the Lord will never leave u nor forsake u.....GLORY

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
One big difference from most business situations is that Brett cannot simply apply for a job with a different organization, the Packers control his destiny for the most part. That being said, Favre has no "right" to force his employer to do anything other than to honor his contract, which says nothing about guranteeing a starting spot.

I agree.

Both sides seem to feel they have "rights" that really don't apply to them. Favre doesn't have the right to be the unchallenged starter or expect a clean release. Green Bay doesn't have the right to expect Favre to help them trade him or not become hostile when the team is clearly attempting to put him out to pasture at this point.

That's why this is such a mess. The Packers are dead set against letting Favre hurt them if they let him go. Favre is dead set against letting the Packers dictate his career moves at this point. Neither seems willing to budge, and the people who are really hurt in all of this are the guys trying to train for the upcoming season.

Step up Thompson...trade Favre to Minnesota for a 2nd round pick and be done with it. If Favre beats you in 2008, he beats you. Better that you get something in return for it than to let him beat you by taking $13M and being a constant distraction.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
maybe this will humble Lord Favre and he will now seek a REAL higher power and not garner his self worth from his image, individual abilities, fandom, etc. man (namely TT, lol) will let you down but the Lord will never leave u nor forsake u.....GLORY

I'm guessing God really doesn't have a horse in this race. He's probably as sick of hearing about this as we are.

Patler
07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Step up Thompson...trade Favre to Minnesota for a 2nd round pick and be done with it. If Favre beats you in 2008, he beats you. Better that you get something in return for it than to let him beat you by taking $13M and being a constant distraction.

It might very well come to that, but probably not yet for a while, until the Packers feel there is no other alternative destination for him.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm guessing God really doesn't have a horse in this race. He's probably as sick of hearing about this as we are.

NO, He's involved in evrything

and NO, His patience is everlasting

i.e., if not for His grace i KNOW i'd be dead - falln asleep at the wheel b/c of drinkn, major unprotected sex as a yute, fights with guys who had weapons, buying grass from strangers as a yute, etc... - all the while knowing better. but He spared me and im sure all of us can testify to His greatness if we take time to reflect

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Amen, brother.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM

i.e., if not for His grace i KNOW i'd be dead - falln asleep at the wheel b/c of drinkn, major unprotected sex as a yute, fights with guys who had weapons, buying grass from strangers as a yute, etc... - all the while knowing better. but He spared me and im sure all of us can testify to His greatness if we take time to reflect

No, I too think God is sick of hearing about this.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM

i.e., if not for His grace i KNOW i'd be dead - falln asleep at the wheel b/c of drinkn, major unprotected sex as a yute, fights with guys who had weapons, buying grass from strangers as a yute, etc... - all the while knowing better. but He spared me and im sure all of us can testify to His greatness if we take time to reflectWhat's a yute?
EDIT: My Cousin Vinny?

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM

i.e., if not for His grace i KNOW i'd be dead - falln asleep at the wheel b/c of drinkn, major unprotected sex as a yute, fights with guys who had weapons, buying grass from strangers as a yute, etc... - all the while knowing better. but He spared me and im sure all of us can testify to His greatness if we take time to reflectWhat's a yute?

youth, as in youthful indiscretions

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM

EDIT: My Cousin Vinny?

right, LOL

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
This is going to turn into a religious debate thread. I can feel it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
This is going to turn into a religious debate thread. I can feel it.

that's the holy spirit you're feeling, brother. welcome aboard!