PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lombardi's take on situation

Partial
07-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Anyone catch his interview today? Very eye opening. He said Favre is without a doubt a top 5 player in the NFL and any team would gladly take him if he were 25.

With that said, the Packers are foolish not to take him back as they are playing for this year. He said that Favre is the reason that M3 and TT have extensions, and now TT is flexing his "muscle" of the extension by not taking Favre back, knowing her has at least 2-3 years with Rodgers regardless.

Thinks its an awful move. Thinks Packers are asking for a #1, thinks they'll get a conditional #3.

PlantPage55
07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I can hear both sides of the story, for sure. BUT, Mike Lombardi has shown that he is incredibly biased against Ted Thompson in the past - I don't give a crap about his take.

packinpatland
07-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Geez..........I thought it was 'right on'.... :wink:

Partial
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
link to blog. Can't find interview with Gary and Cliff.

http://www.lombardionfootball.com/2008/07/blame-it-on-brett.html

boiga
07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I didn't see it, Partial, but I find it a little funny that only talking heads are supporting Brett on this one.

According to Glazer, zero coaches that he has talked to support Favre's position and only a quarter of players agree with him.

Talking heads, though, are going to keep balancing 50/50 because it stirs the controversy and helps viewership. They don't mean half of the crap they say, nor do they understand a quarter of what they are talking about. So, doesn't this belong in the ESPN is retarded thread?

Patler
07-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone catch his interview today? Very eye opening. He said Favre is without a doubt a top 5 player in the NFL and any team would gladly take him if he were 25.

With that said, the Packers are foolish not to take him back as they are playing for this year. He said that Favre is the reason that M3 and TT have extensions, and now TT is flexing his "muscle" of the extension by not taking Favre back, knowing her has at least 2-3 years with Rodgers regardless.

Thinks its an awful move. Thinks Packers are asking for a #1, thinks they'll get a conditional #3.

If Favre truly was a top 5 player in the NFL, the Packers would have no trouble trading him.

Any team would gladly take him if he were 25? Wow, that's eye opening! :lol:
The fact is he is not 25 anymore, he will be 39.

falco
07-29-2008, 09:43 PM

If Favre truly was a top 5 player in the NFL, the Packers would have no trouble trading him.

patler, how many times must you be told not to confuse partial with facts

boiga
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Speaking of dumb talking heads, Adam Schefter bitched out Rich Esiason for thinking the packers should cave and trade Brett to the vikes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099988d

It's pretty funny actually. Schefter seems to be losing it over this Favre thing though.

prsnfoto
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Speaking of dumb talking heads, Adam Schefter bitched out Rich Esiason for thinking the packers should cave and trade Brett to the vikes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099988d

It's pretty funny actually. Schefter seems to be losing it over this Favre thing though.

Who is Rich Esiason Boomer's mini-me.

Partial
07-30-2008, 08:52 AM

patler, how many times must you be told not to confuse partial with facts

Facts? That's his opinion. Unless a team is on the verge of winning, why would they want a 39 year old quarterback?!? Plus, teams that get that far typically have star quarterbacks...

My goodness gracious. Use that dome for something other than a hat rack.