PDA

View Full Version : Favre, The Old Recluse...!!!???

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Jason Wilde of the wisconsin state journal states that last year Lord Favre would dress in a seperate lockr room and shower in a seperate shower!

this is new info for me

sounds strange...

has anyone else heard about this??

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Jason Wilde of the wisconsin state journal states that last year Lord Favre would dress in a seperate lockr room and shower in a seperate shower!

this is new info for me

sounds strange...

has anyone else heard about this??Yes this has been discussed ad nauseum on thi forum.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 10:39 AM
What? This is old news.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 10:42 AM
To be fair, I think he did it to keep all of the media (lots of media attention last year) from hassling the team. He HAS become a recluse. I think that started when he stopped drinking, and has escalated with all of the young guys on the roster. I have no doubt that the guys in the locker room enjoy playing with Brett. I also have no doubt that many are okay with moving on with Rodgers--especially the younger guys.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 10:44 AM
oh, ok....i just started loggin on here earlier this week.

what was the general consensus (like thats possibl right?? he he )

does anyone know exactly why he would do that?

Patler
07-30-2008, 10:49 AM

Sure, just like we know "exactly" the answer to anything else we ever discuss here! :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Sure, just like we know "exactly" the answer to anything else we ever discuss here! :lol: :lol:

hilarious

maybe Harv's right tho; sounds rational

ND72
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM

this is new info for me

sounds strange...

Big time old news. He had his own parking spot and only locker at the Don Hutson center as well so he could just pull up for practice and not go to the locker room.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM

this is new info for me

sounds strange...

Big time old news. He had his own parking spot and only locker at the Don Hutson center as well so he could just pull up for practice and not go to the locker room.

thanks...thats SO whack

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
This is decade old news and the only reason he had a separate dressing area is to avoid the media after the games. He got ready and showered with the team when the media was not allowed in. I guess holding his weekly press conferences weren't enough for the media!

He parked in the players parking lot just like everyone else, so I'm not quite sure where the story came from about him having his own parking spot. As far the the Don Hutson Center....TONS of players parked in the back area near the Soap Box Warehouse. In fact, Rodgers isn't even going across the parking lot on kids bikes this year, either. At least from what I've seen so far. Who cares?

What I dislike about hearing things like this, is that it makes a player out to be selfish, when in reality it's about their own safety.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
This is decade old news and the only reason he had a separate dressing area is to avoid the media after the games. He got ready and showered with the team when the media was not allowed in. I guess holding his weekly press conferences weren't enough for the media!

He parked in the players parking lot just like everyone else, so I'm not quite sure where the story came from about him having his own parking spot. As far the the Don Hutson Center....TONS of players parked in the back area near the Soap Box Warehouse. In fact, Rodgers isn't even going across the parking lot on kids bikes this year, either. At least from what I've seen so far. Who cares?

What I dislike about hearing things like this, is that it makes a player out to be selfish, when in reality it's about their own safety.

safety? or not wantn to create a stir? folk mite try to hurt him in GB???

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Actually, Mobb....I think both. If Favre walked across Oneida St, he'd get mobbed. It's also one of the busiest streets in GB, so I can see not having him walk across or ride a bike to the locker room.

I give the same reasoning as to why Rodgers isn't doing it this year. Mostly to avoid heckling by some fans. While I'd like to hope that his immediate safety isn't in jeopardy, I wouldn't put anything past anyone these days. Especially after watching DeNiro in "The Fan" the other night. Forgot what a psycho that guy was!!

Patler
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM

Agreed. Its only when a player demands special treatment that it becomes a concern, and there is no evidence Favre did that.

I think the situation with Favre simply evolved the same way it did with Aikman and others later in their careers. Aikman said last year that you do begin to feel disconnected from the team. You have different interests as a 35 year old than the 1st and 2nd year players have.

Married players who are older have older kids doing kid things. Younger players aren't married or have babies, or kids not yet in school. When you are one of the only old players, and a media magnet, it is probably quite easy to become a bit of a recluse. It seems only natural.

MOBB DEEP
07-30-2008, 12:10 PM
not to be all preachy (although the Saints r suppose to witness at evry opportunity) but isnt it amazing how we place so much emphasis on sports figures but not the great, humble servants like ron hunter and tebow? im guilty at times too. lookn at it from the big picture, how important is it if a guy can fling a football, run faster than Jonah running from his Godly duty, hit the ball 500 ft, or dunk from the ft line?

people like charles stanley, joyce meyer, t.d jakes and my pastor keith battle are the ones who should be gettn mobbed (prodigy of MOBB DEEP too, j/k) b/c theyre empowering folk and saving souls

oops, getn late..gota go hav a session with a young man whose never met his dad and mother is probably high on crack as we speak

moral of story, keep things in perspcetive and count our blessings. as i tell the yute, we dont choose our parents/upbringing and significant others

ND72
07-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Incorrect, I even checked on this. If a player drives to the Don Hutson center, he rides a team issued van there. Favre had the right to drive and park there on his own, including his own dressing room there where he kept his pads. And, Rodgers is riding kids bikes this year, but only once a day. Afternoon practices he rides a van down there because he has a longer meeting with McCarthy (thanks to the Green Bay Press Gazette for this :lol: buddy of mine works there).

ND72
07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Actually, Mobb....I think both. If Favre walked across Oneida St, he'd get mobbed. It's also one of the busiest streets in GB, so I can see not having him walk across or ride a bike to the locker room.

I give the same reasoning as to why Rodgers isn't doing it this year. Mostly to avoid heckling by some fans. While I'd like to hope that his immediate safety isn't in jeopardy, I wouldn't put anything past anyone these days. Especially after watching DeNiro in "The Fan" the other night. Forgot what a psycho that guy was!!

In Favre's case though, this is true. Can you imagine him walking or riding to practice?

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Incorrect, I even checked on this. If a player drives to the Don Hutson center, he rides a team issued van there. Favre had the right to drive and park there on his own, including his own dressing room there where he kept his pads. And, Rodgers is riding kids bikes this year, but only once a day. Afternoon practices he rides a van down there because he has a longer meeting with McCarthy (thanks to the Green Bay Press Gazette for this :lol: buddy of mine works there).

It depends on what you're talking about. For regular practices, OTA's and mini-camp they drive their own cars. For training camp, yes they take those pertty white vans.

I have been at Monday and Tuesday practices and have yet to see Rodgers ride a bike at all this year.

I don't think there is a set routine for how they do everything. Lots of factors, including meetings afterwards and injuries also play a factor. So, your source at GB is partially correct, yes. But I live here, I know enough people to halfway know what I'm talking about as well.

Again, I defend stories like this because some people choose to hear the "Favre is too good to dress and shower with the team" type of thing.

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM

In Favre's case though, this is true. Can you imagine him walking or riding to practice?

No kidding, right? I haven't seen that happen for at least 10 years now. Although someone said he walked over during one mini-camp about two years ago. I find that hard to believe, but who knows!?!

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I have been at Monday and Tuesday practices and have yet to see Rodgers ride a bike at all this year.

While I think this issue is much ado about nothing, there was a photo on one of the Wisconsin newspaper's websites that showed Rodgers riding a bike.

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM

While I think this issue is much ado about nothing, there was a photo on one of the Wisconsin newspaper's websites that showed Rodgers riding a bike.

Hence what I said about nothing being routine. ND said he takes a van to afternoon practices and rides a bike in the morning. I saw two morning practices and no Rodgers. Now, he could have taken it TO practice but not from.