PDA

View Full Version : Thompson should put his money where his mouth is.

PackerBlues
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS, then why not release him or work a trade with the Vikings if that is where Favre wants to go?

If Thompson is so damned sure of Aaron Rogers ability to be the starter, and the Packers organization as a whole, does not want Favre to even show up in GB, why not release Favre or trade him to the Vikings?

If Favre is such a fucking Diva, and so unwanted anymore by the so-called fans in GB, then why not just let him go anywhere?

If not for Brady having Moss (another Thompson fuck up), Favre would have easily have won the MVP last season for leading the NFL's youngest team to the championship game. The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????

Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory, and is simply afraid of how he himself is going to look if/when the player that he wants to paint as being washed up, kicks his ass.

At this point, I would pay to watch a Brett Favre led Vikings team kick the shit out of an Aaron Rogers led Thompson team. :evil:

arcilite
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
I think putting his money where his mouth is would entail giving Aaron Rodgers a nice contract extension.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
EDIT: Whoops can't read dates! :oops: :oops:

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Is Grant stilll shouting 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!'?

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS, then why not release him or work a trade with the Vikings if that is where Favre wants to go?

If Thompson is so damned sure of Aaron Rogers ability to be the starter, and the Packers organization as a whole, does not want Favre to even show up in GB, why not release Favre or trade him to the Vikings?

If Favre is such a fucking Diva, and so unwanted anymore by the so-called fans in GB, then why not just let him go anywhere?

If not for Brady having Moss (another Thompson fuck up), Favre would have easily have won the MVP last season for leading the NFL's youngest team to the championship game. The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????

Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory, and is simply afraid of how he himself is going to look if/when the player that he wants to paint as being washed up, kicks his ass.

At this point, I would pay to watch a Brett Favre led Vikings team kick the shit out of an Aaron Rogers led Thompson team. :evil:

If you want to be a fan of a player rather than an organization, go ahead.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/

3irty1
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Thompson knows damned well that Favre has what it takes to lead the Packers and/or the Vikings to victory

Leading both the Packers and the Vikings to victory. What a man.

ahaha
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
When did anybody from management say they thought Brett Favre is washed up?

dabootski
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
And when the hell did some packer fans become so infatuated with one player and hate one GM so badly that they'd even THINK about making a comment about wanting the queens to beat the packers??? Unbelievable.

sharpe1027
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
If Brett Favre is not good enough to at the very least compete for the starting position that he has held for the last 16 FUCKING YEARS,

Nobody has said this. End of discussion.

Bossman641
07-30-2008, 12:55 PM

When do the Favres play their next game? Did you get season tickets yet?

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones. Does anyone else here feel like Favre is being treated in a way that is unforgiveable??????????????

You do realize that playing Quarterback in the NFL is a paid position right?

It would seem your unwavering loyalty is a one way street, as Brett has made it clear that he plays for himself, not for you or any of his other loyal fans of 16 FUCKING YEARS. Just saying, makes you look kind of like the ugly girl stood up at prom as a joke.

ND72
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM

You're my new favorite person.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM

You're my new favorite person.

Hahah thanks....Ive read some of your posts too, they are pretty good (or at least I agree with them 8-) )

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
get a room

ND72
07-30-2008, 01:16 PM
get a room

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you too Harlan

Gunakor
07-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Ok, this is the last time I am going to comment on this, I promise.

Under NO circumstances, for ANY reason, EVER, would you willingly make an archrival better. It does not matter if Favre would or would not make this team better. He would DEFINITELY make the Vikings better. There is absoulutely no reason at all to let him go to the Vikings. As the GM of the Packers, you do not make the Vikings better. Ever. For any reason. You let your future HOF QB sit on the bench for 13 million dollars before you let him play for an archrival, REGARDLESS of the situation. It does not matter whether Rodgers is ready or not, or if he'll be as good as Favre or not, or if Favre is too old or not. It's not about what would make Favre happy. It's about what is best for the Packers. Making an archrival better is not good for the Packers, and that statement would hold up to any circumstance you could put out there. Putting Favre on the Vikings is far worse to Green Bay than putting Favre on the bench. Especially with the cap space we have to play with. Under no circumstances should TT ever allow Favre to suit up for the Vikings. Absolutely no circumstances at all. Because it's not about the Vikings being better than the Packers or vice versa. It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.

Bossman641
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Under NO circumstances, for ANY reason, EVER, would you willingly make an archrival better. It does not matter if Favre would or would not make this team better. He would DEFINITELY make the Vikings better. There is absoulutely no reason at all to let him go to the Vikings. As the GM of the Packers, you do not make the Vikings better. Ever. For any reason. You let your future HOF QB sit on the bench for 13 million dollars before you let him play for an archrival, REGARDLESS of the situation. It does not matter whether Rodgers is ready or not, or if he'll be as good as Favre or not, or if Favre is too old or not. It's not about what would make Favre happy. It's about what is best for the Packers. Making an archrival better is not good for the Packers, and that statement would hold up to any circumstance you could put out there. Putting Favre on the Vikings is far worse to Green Bay than putting Favre on the bench. Especially with the cap space we have to play with. Under no circumstances should TT ever allow Favre to suit up for the Vikings. Absolutely no circumstances at all. Because it's not about the Vikings being better than the Packers or vice versa. It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.

At least someone gets it

Patler
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones.

I suspect the same can be said for many, many players; including probably Aaron Rodgers (at least the blood, sweat and broken bones part. Not sure if he cried or not).

Zool
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I have yet to see a single drop of blood, sweat or tears. Who's he giving it to?

Gunakor
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
The man has given his blood, sweat, and tears to the Packers and the fans, playing through sprains and broken bones.

I suspect the same can be said for many, many players; including probably Aaron Rodgers (at least the blood, sweat and broken bones part. Not sure if he cried or not).

Very true. People seem to forget that he played almost the entire second half of that game a couple seasons ago on that broken foot that ended his season. That is when he earned the greatest respect from the other players in that locker room, and why it is easy for his teammates to support him now.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 02:05 PM

At least someone gets itHes not the only one. He said it a lot better than I could though.

Zool
07-30-2008, 02:07 PM

At least someone gets itHes not the only one. He said it a lot better than I could though.

I said it too, but prolly a bit more abrasive. Then again its PB, reaction seeker.

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I said it too, but prolly a bit more abrasive. Then again its PB, reaction seeker.

Don't forget closet homo and child molester. Although I'm not sure if he does that in the closet too. After consideration, does it really matter? If a closet is big enough for a man to hide his sexuality in, shouldn't fit almost any purpose? I had a closet once that wasn't much deeper than a spice rack. I couldn't even fit my turgid girth in there, much less my more robust, although somewhat more abstract sexuality. Anyway, there's no way a kid could fit in there either, much less a kid and a molester, or a kid and a molester's hand, or whatever those guys use. Maybe if they were little people. Not midget small, but more like thimble people. There was a movie about people like that once. What was it? Willow! Those crass little fellows in animal skins who carried spears. Now they could have fit several sexualities in the spice rack closet and a few children and maybe even a couple of molesters. Although, I'm pretty sure molesters are usually pretty solitary, so they probably wouldn't want all that stuff in their closet. Even a tiny spice closet. Although the tiny spice closet would be like an entire building to those little people.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Don't forget closet homo and child molester. Although I'm not sure if he does that in the closet too. After consideration, does it really matter? If a closet is big enough for a man to hide his sexuality in, shouldn't fit almost any purpose? I had a closet once that wasn't much deeper than a spice rack. I couldn't even fit my turgid girth in there, much less my more robust, although somewhat more abstract sexuality. Anyway, there's no way a kid could fit in there either, much less a kid and a molester, or a kid and a molester's hand, or whatever those guys use. Maybe if they were little people. Not midget small, but more like thimble people. There was a movie about people like that once. What was it? Willow! Those crass little fellows in animal skins who carried spears. Now they could have fit several sexualities in the spice rack closet and a few children and maybe even a couple of molesters. Although, I'm pretty sure molesters are usually pretty solitary, so they probably wouldn't want all that stuff in their closet. Even a tiny spice closet. Although the tiny spice closet would be like an entire building to those little people.I thiught Tank was the one talking about the closet homo?

Zool
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
At the risk of being called nerd, they were Brownies in Willow. Oddly fitting name for your musing.

And no Tank wasn't in the closet. No one as obviously flaming and overcompensating is still in the closet. Tho he claims to have taken a girl to Atlantic City, spent $3k of his dads cash only to crash and burn with her. I find it all very suspect. No one can fixate on a single man so much and not swing a little bit to that side.

PackerBlues
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.

And that is what it all boils down to for you bitches? That Thompson would be to blame? Maybe GB fans are as stupid as Thompson seems to think they are.

Why in the hell would it be such a bad thing for Favre to go to the Vikings if he is such a diva and so unwanted in GB?

Was it that big of a deal when Sharper went to play for the Vikings?

Was it that big of a deal when GB's all-time leading scorer, Ryan Longwell, went to play for the Vikings?

Was it that big of a deal when the great Robert Ferguson went to play for the Vikings? :lol:

If Thompson is so sure of Aaron Rogers ability to lead the Packers better than Brett Favre, and is unwilling to give Brett so much as a chance to compete for his job back, then why not show some balls and just release him?

The Packers have gotten more than they could have ever hoped for when they spent a 1st round pick on Favre 16 years ago.

As far as me being a bigger Favre fan than a Packer fan. I have been watching the Packers every single season since long before Favre came to town. I was one of the guys who was pissed to see Favre take the Majik-mans place on the team. I am a guy who is loyal to a fault, and I admit it. I will be rooting for the Packers this year and every year for the rest of my life. I simply hold no loyalty to Ted Thompson, nor do I think that highly of him as a human being. As far as Rogers, fuck him, until he has a full, winning season under his belt as a starter, he isn't shit.

Cheesehead Craig
07-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Putting your money where your mouth is gets you kicked out of strip clubs. For some reason the dancers won't let you put those Washington's in their G-Strings that way.

gex
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
And when the hell did some packer fans become so infatuated with one player and hate one GM so badly that they'd even THINK about making a comment about wanting the queens to beat the packers??? Unbelievable.

When they hired the "weasely tt" thats when. :shock:

TravisWilliams23
07-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I want the GM of the Packers to have a brain more than show some balls in this matter. Anybody with a brain knows you DO NOT purposely improve your divisional rival by giving away the "key" player that could make them a Super Bowl favorite. He can grow some balls later on if what he ends up doing doesn't work out so we can line up and kick him there!

Gunakor
07-30-2008, 05:39 PM
It's about the Vikings being better tomorrow than the Vikings are today, and a GREEN BAY General Manager would be to blame. That is unacceptable.

And that is what it all boils down to for you bitches? That Thompson would be to blame? Maybe GB fans are as stupid as Thompson seems to think they are.

Why in the hell would it be such a bad thing for Favre to go to the Vikings if he is such a diva and so unwanted in GB?

Was it that big of a deal when Sharper went to play for the Vikings?

Was it that big of a deal when GB's all-time leading scorer, Ryan Longwell, went to play for the Vikings?

Was it that big of a deal when the great Robert Ferguson went to play for the Vikings? :lol:

If Thompson is so sure of Aaron Rogers ability to lead the Packers better than Brett Favre, and is unwilling to give Brett so much as a chance to compete for his job back, then why not show some balls and just release him?

The Packers have gotten more than they could have ever hoped for when they spent a 1st round pick on Favre 16 years ago.

As far as me being a bigger Favre fan than a Packer fan. I have been watching the Packers every single season since long before Favre came to town. I was one of the guys who was pissed to see Favre take the Majik-mans place on the team. I am a guy who is loyal to a fault, and I admit it. I will be rooting for the Packers this year and every year for the rest of my life. I simply hold no loyalty to Ted Thompson, nor do I think that highly of him as a human being. As far as Rogers, fuck him, until he has a full, winning season under his belt as a starter, he isn't shit.

Fuck it doesn't matter whether it's Thompson or Wolf or Sherman or any other GM.... YOU DON'T MAKE A DIVISION RIVAL BETTER PERIOD. You don't. Ever. Never ever ever ever ever do you willingly make an archrival better. Am I making myself clear enough for you? It doesn't matter the team, the GM, even the sport that you are talking about. You just don't fucking do that. EVER. Understand now?

Those other players you mentioned - Sharper, Longwell, and Ferguson - we did not trade them there. We did not WILLINGLY let them go, they went on thier own because they had the CHOICE to do so. And besides that, what the fuck have any of them done for the Vikings? The Vikings did not become a championship contender by adding those 3 former Packers. Adding a fourth named Brett Favre would. And that is not in the best interest of the Green Bay Packers. Are you going to argue that one with me?

bobblehead
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM

Don't forget closet homo and child molester. Although I'm not sure if he does that in the closet too. After consideration, does it really matter? If a closet is big enough for a man to hide his sexuality in, shouldn't fit almost any purpose? I had a closet once that wasn't much deeper than a spice rack. I couldn't even fit my turgid girth in there, much less my more robust, although somewhat more abstract sexuality. Anyway, there's no way a kid could fit in there either, much less a kid and a molester, or a kid and a molester's hand, or whatever those guys use. Maybe if they were little people. Not midget small, but more like thimble people. There was a movie about people like that once. What was it? Willow! Those crass little fellows in animal skins who carried spears. Now they could have fit several sexualities in the spice rack closet and a few children and maybe even a couple of molesters. Although, I'm pretty sure molesters are usually pretty solitary, so they probably wouldn't want all that stuff in their closet. Even a tiny spice closet. Although the tiny spice closet would be like an entire building to those little people.

Interestingly the new walk in closets are much bigger...almost like a room with no windows. No windows means no one can see all the fetishes that can fit in these badboys...you know, footlicking, golden showers, asslickers, sodomy, lesbianism, str8 male anal, humiliation, bondage, sadism, masachism, doing fat chicks, choking, pain, candlewax, whipped cream, ice cubes, public sex, rape simulation, ffm, bbm, face sitting, banana insertion, fisting, benwa balls, benwa gerbals (think about it), ass to mouth, double penetration, gang bang, tea bagging, bukkake, snow balling, gagging, prison bitches, strap on sex, and trannies.

I don't really know much about fetishes, but I bet all those that came to mind would fit in the big walk in closets......and even a few brownie midgets.