Davin Joseph - OG

Vikings
Donte Whitner - SS
Brodie Croyle - QB

I could live with that.....

edit:

NCAA | Joseph Pro Day results
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:54:54 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Oklahoma OL Davin Joseph looked great in position drills at his Pro Day Wednesday, March 8. He ran the short shuttle in 4.73 and the three-cone drill in 7.75.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCAA | Joseph impressive; likes Miami
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:18:32 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Oklahoma OG Davin Joseph had an impressive NFL Combine. He measured in at 6-2, 304 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 5.09 seconds. Joseph said he "would love to play for (Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban) because he's a winner. I want to win, too, so we're at the same stage."

Partial
04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow, that seems like the absolute prototype guard for the team. However, I am not keen on spending that high of a second on him. I KNOW they can find something equally impressive lower in the draft. At the very least, I would trade down in the second to gain an extra third and still get Joseph. That I suppose I could live with. I do think they will rue the day they do not take Jackson, Ryans or Carpenter, because I have a hunch all three are going to be great linebackers.

To be honest, the more I think about it I don't think this team is too far away from being a 5 or 6 seed in the NFC. It will obviously take some adjustment once Rodgers steps in, but they're only a few players away from getting back to above average.

Guiness
04-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I like Joseph a lot as well. I drafted him in the C-E mock draft!

Agreed though, he should be able to be had mid-late second round. Taking the 'best available player' prolly means not him at the 5th pick.

Partial
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
What they should do is perhaps trade down in the second, and get Joseph and an extra third. What they can do with that extra third is land a receiver/returner like Brandon Williams. Then they can trade their 4th for Jeff Faine.

That is pretty much shoring up the offensive line completely. Also, Hawk takes the linebacking core from very bad to average. Hopefully Ben Taylor or someone ends up surprising at the strong side spot and makes that group solid!!

Edit: If they were to draft Joseph and trade for Faine, they would have effectively shored up the O-Line, and the Linebacking core. If they do infact add Woodson, they would have taken 3 positions from below average to above average. That seems like a pretty solid off-season to me.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd be very happy with Hawk and Joseph.

I like Whitner. I'm not a huge fan of Croyle. I'm hot and cold on Sims. Watching the combine, he's a great athlete--although he's undersized. However, when they showed film of him at Florida State, he's not physical at all taking on blockers and he doesn't blitz very well. Then again, I think that was the same knock on Derrick Johnson last year.