PDA

View Full Version : Cooking With SkinBasket

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
The SkinBasket cooks for his household. Here, due to overwhelming demand, he will share his exclusive, gourmet recipes. Let's start with something simple.

SkinBasket's Buttery Balls:

1 package of spaghetti
1 Jar of pasta sauce - Newman's Own is good and helps retarded kids or something.
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt
Pizza or roll dough
Lots of grated cheese
Spices and Herbs

Cook Spaghetti
Mix spaghetti with your favorite sauce and cheese
Freeze golf ball sized balls of noodly mix

Cover frozen noodle balls with dough. Any roll or pizza dough will do. Cover entire ball with dough, making new, double layered ball.

Place on slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until browned. Freezing the mixture should have prevented most of your balls from rupturing

Brush baked balls with butter. Sprinkle with salt and favorite herbs and spice or grated cheese.

Zool
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I love a man that can cook.

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I foresee another Partial-Skin showdown...

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I suppose you want your own line of cookware now, too?

Look out Emeril, here comes the Skinware....

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
SkinBasket's Hot Mongolian Beef Injection:

1 lb tenderloin beef
1 bottle Oyster Flavored Sauce
Brown Sugar
Molasses
Soy Sauce
Minced Garlic
Salt
Tabasco Sauce
Green Onions
Rice

Cut your beef into strips that look like something you would eat at an Asian restaurant.

Mix Five parts Oyster flavored sauce, 2 parts Molasses, 1 part brown sugar, and .25 parts Soy Sauce. Add Two or three dashes of Tabasco. and a tspn salt. A little honey never hurt anyone either.

Make some rice. I like steamed but instant will do. It's rice.

Heat sauce in pan until tacky or sticky or both. Throw in as much garlic as you like then add the meat. Zizzle it until browned. Turn off heat, toss in chopped up green onions, and serve over rice.

If it's too sweet for your delicate little girlie tongue, scale down brown sugar and molasses. If you don't mind smelling like ass, add sauteed onion.

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
The SkinBasket cooks for his household. Here, due to overwhelming demand, he will share his exclusive, gourmet recipes. Let's start with something simple.

1 package of spaghetti
1 Jar of pasta sauce - Newman's Own is good and helps retarded kids or something.
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt
Pizza or roll dough
Lots of grated cheese
Spices and Herbs

Cook Spaghetti

Cover frozen noodle balls with dough. Any roll or pizza dough will do. Cover entire ball with dough, making new, double layered ball.

Place on slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until browned. Freezing the mixture should have prevented most of your balls from rupturing

Brush baked balls with butter. Sprinkle with salt and favorite herbs and spice or grated cheese.

Just so you know..........Newman helps kids with mostly terminal illnesses, or illnesses that would prevent them from experiencing normal summer camping activities. He has his 'Hole in the Wall' camps all over the world now.

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
SkinBasket's Bloody Slices of Heaven:

1 Package Spinach
1 lb tenderloin beef
1 package Craisons
Crumbled Feta Cheese
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Vinegar
Salt

Season tenderloin with seasoned salt and broil to desired doneness. Rare to medium rare is the order of the day here.

Shake enough spinach for a dinner salad with a couple splurts of vinegar and a couple pinches of salt.

Let meat rest for 5 minutes after cooking, then slice into medallions. Put your spinach on the plate, top with craisons, feta cheese, and meat, providing enough cheese under the meat to soak up the blood, because the leaves just won't do it. Eat.

For variation, use slightly soy sauced salmon in place of beef. Or add sliced almonds if you're a fancy lad.

3irty1
07-30-2008, 05:28 PM
This is shaping up to be my new favorite thread.

Charles Woodson
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM

1 package of spaghetti
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt
Pizza or roll dough
Lots of grated cheese
Spices and Herbs

Cook Spaghetti

Just so you know..........Newman helps kids with mostly terminal illnesses, or illnesses that would prevent them from experiencing normal summer camping activities. He has his 'Hole in the Wall' camps all over the world now.

Newman's Own is a food company founded by actor Paul Newman and his friend, author A. E. Hotchner, in 1982. The company is a for-profit corporation, and Paul Newman receives all of the proceeds.[1] Newman then donates 100% of those proceeds, after taxes, to educational and charitable purposes.[2] The charities, and their nature, to which the proceeds are given remain mostly undisclosed.[citation needed] According to the Newman's Own website, the franchise has resulted in over $220 million in donations as of February 2008.

thats cool i never knew that

Freak Out
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm ready to puke. Do you actually feed your kids that shit?

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM

I'm sorry there's nothing here you like but we don't have a recipe for Salty Tube Steak.

The kids eat kid food. See the Buttery Balls.

Freak Out
07-30-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm sorry there's nothing here you like but we don't have a recipe for Salty Tube Steak.

The kids eat kid food. See the Buttery Balls.

The buttery balls and the salty tube steak sound like a nice combo meal.

Do you serve anything that fits the Umami category?

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM

1 package of spaghetti
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt
Pizza or roll dough
Lots of grated cheese
Spices and Herbs

Cook Spaghetti

Newman's Own is a food company founded by actor Paul Newman and his friend, author A. E. Hotchner, in 1982. The company is a for-profit corporation, and Paul Newman receives all of the proceeds.[1] Newman then donates 100% of those proceeds, after taxes, to educational and charitable purposes.[2] The charities, and their nature, to which the proceeds are given remain mostly undisclosed.[citation needed] According to the Newman's Own website, the franchise has resulted in over $220 million in donations as of February 2008.

thats cool i never knew that

Paul and his wife Joanne live in Westport, CT. It's unreal what they continually do for the community.......
Unfortunetly..........Mr. Newman has some form of cancer and isn't doing too well..

oregonpackfan
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Skin Basket = PackerRats version of Martha Stewart! :)

MJZiggy
07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
My kid invented a recipe today:

1 pkg. orzo
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1/2 package mexican style shredded cheese
a couple taco shells
sprinkle dried cilantro or oregano

cook and drain the orzo
add in the salsa; stir well
add in the cheese; stir well
break up 2 taco shells into small pieces and stir in
Sprinkle on the spices
Put some more cheese on top and then more broken shells.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 11:36 PM

I think a bake-off would be cool

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM

I think a bake-off would be cool

Then a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit.

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
SkinBasket's Baby Batter Stroganoff

1 bag egg noodles
1 lb hamburger
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 package button mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1 can sliced water chestnuts
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
garlic
salt

While your egg noodles cook in salted water, brown hamburger, drain fat, then add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Heat until combined. Add sour cream, garlic, and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. If desired, use flour to thicken. Dump on noodles and eat.

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
SkinBasket's Sexy Pizzaghetti

1/3 package spaghetti
1 Boboli or pizza dough
1 jar pizza sauce
1/2 lb spicy sausage
1 lb shredded mozzarella
1 lb shredded cheddar

Crumble and heat sausage while cooking spaghetti.

Roll out dough or remove your Boboli crust from packaging.

Mix cooked spaghetti with pizza sauce and sausage. Spread mix on pizza crust. Top with desired amount of cheese, gently tossing cheese and noodle mix.

Bake per Boboli or dough directions or until cheese is a beautiful golden brown.

hoosier
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Do you by chance have any Trashy Casserole recipes you could share with us? You know, like a Frankfurter Crown Roast...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/135369377_be36626208.jpg

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
SkinBasket's Full Moon Stuffed Mushrooms

1 Package Large Mushrooms
1 Can White Crab Meat or Fresh Claw Meat
1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 strips bacon
Green Onions
Salt
Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter

Wash shrooms and remove caps. Place caps in baking pan.

Melt butter in pot, add crab and garlic. Cook until heated through. Add cheddar, blue, and feta cheese and chopped green onion and remove from heat. Salt to taste.

Cook bacon, chop into small bits and add to mix at some point.

Fill caps with crab mix. Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and cheese is browned.

+Bonus: Add sour cream to mixture to moisten and make "saucier."

++Bonus: When you eat the "saucier" mushrooms, let sauce run down your chin suggestively. Watch your shirt, however, as sauce may stain.

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Do you have any recipes that don't have 74 grams of saturated fat in them? :lol:

Iron Mike
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
SkinBasket's Baby Batter Stroganoff

1 bag egg noodles
1 lb hamburger
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 package button mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1 can sliced water chestnuts
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
garlic
salt

While your egg noodles cook in salted water, brown hamburger, drain fat, then add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Heat until combined. Add sour cream, garlic, and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. If desired, use flour to thicken. Dump on noodles and eat.

That actually sounds pretty damn good. :P

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 07:09 PM

Of course it's fucking good, god damn it!!!

The SkinBasket is addicted to food. Food and drink. The SkinBasket does not eat bad tasting things. Make it. Eat it. Love it.

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Do you have any recipes that don't have 74 grams of saturated fat in them? :lol:

Fine motherhumper.

SkinBasket's Demon

Vodka
Red Bull
Rose's Lime Juice
Olives
Ice

Put ice in tumbler.

Mix 6 parts vodka, 3 parts red bull, and 1 part lime juice. Stir. Add olive. Maybe a little olive juice.

Drink.

No trans fat. No saturated fat. No scurvy. All health.

Iron Mike
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM

Of course it's fucking good, god damn it!!!

The SkinBasket is addicted to food. Food and drink. The SkinBasket does not eat bad tasting things. Make it. Eat it. Love it.

When the hell are you going to start COOKING, so I can come over and get fatter?

http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/doublebeerbang.gif

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Right after you cook for me. It's a karmic circle...

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Fine motherhumper.

SkinBasket's Demon

Vodka
Red Bull
Rose's Lime Juice
Olives
Ice

Put ice in tumbler.

Mix 6 parts vodka, 3 parts red bull, and 1 part lime juice. Stir. Add olive. Maybe a little olive juice.

Drink.

No trans fat. No saturated fat. No scurvy. All health.

Now were talking. I'll eat the olives first for dinner.

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 07:48 PM

1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
2 strips bacon
Green Onions
Salt
Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter

Melt butter in pot, add crab and garlic. Cook until heated through. Add cheddar, blue, and feta cheese and chopped green onion and remove from heat. Salt to taste.

++Bonus: When you eat the "saucier" mushrooms, let sauce run down your chin suggestively. Watch your shirt, however, as sauce may stain.

Your kids eat this......?
It took my kids into their twenties before they finally ate 'the good stuff' :lol:

Tarlam!
08-03-2008, 05:16 AM

OMG, this sounds incredible, Skin!

Just one question: How many grams does your average crab meat can have? Ounces will do, but I am thinking those iddy biddy tins we have here aint enough.

Actually, two questions: Do you discard the shroom stalks or chop 'em up for the stuffing??

SkinBasket
08-03-2008, 08:38 AM

OMG, this sounds incredible, Skin!

Just one question: How many grams does your average crab meat can have? Ounces will do, but I am thinking those iddy biddy tins we have here aint enough.

Actually, two questions: Do you discard the shroom stalks or chop 'em up for the stuffing??

I discard the stalks. I usually have enough filling as is and would rather fill with more cheese or the bonus recommended sour cream. As far as the crab meat tin, I'm not sure. I would guess 300. That seems to work for 10-12 mushrooms. Most of the time, we just buy fresh claws and use whatever we don't need in a pasta the next night.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Right after you cook for me. It's a karmic circle...

This week was the beginning of the roadside stands selling sweet corn.

http://www.recipetips.com/images/recipe/vegetables/sweetcorn_grilled.jpg

Roasted corn will be served at Casa del Miguel today.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
My corn has a few days to go at least. It needs to fatten up just a bit before I pick it. So you're coming next week to cook it for me?

And my old tomato problem is starting again. If Skinbasket has any suggestions for fresh tomato, that would be good...

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 11:42 AM
My corn has a few days to go at least. It needs to fatten up just a bit before I pick it. So you're coming next week to cook it for me?

No, no.......you missed the ROAST part. I'm gonna stand outside next to the grill with some tongs and a Spotted Cow, not inside in a hot kitchen next to the stove. Then I'm gonna go inside and watch Jermichael Finley tear an ACL during the scrimmage. :x

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Obviously you've missed the "coming next week" and "cook for ME" parts. :lol:

Around here it's dogfish ale...and Wicked Summer brew. but I'll be having a Mike's.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 12:11 PM

Around here it's dogfish ale...and Wicked Summer brew. but I'll be having a Mike's.

<==resisting temptation to insert standard lewd commentary. :oops:

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 01:19 PM

Honey, I can't manage to cook, unless it's outside.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/JennyK44/Emoticon-Cowboys.gif

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I have a grill, baby.

Iron Mike
08-03-2008, 01:23 PM
<==waits for the standard "get a room, you two" comment. :)

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
:lol: :lol:

Iron Mike
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Winnie beat you to it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winneh-1.jpg

MJZiggy
08-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Here's hoping that was intentional and either way, I'm glad I don't have to clean up after her...

SkinBasket
08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
SkinBasket's Hot Mongolian Beef Injection:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/P1010007.jpg

1 lb tenderloin beef
1 bottle Oyster Flavored Sauce
Brown Sugar
Molasses
Soy Sauce
Minced Garlic
Salt
Tabasco Sauce
Green Onions
Rice

Cut your beef into strips that look like something you would eat at an Asian restaurant.

Mix Five parts Oyster flavored sauce, 2 parts Molasses, 1 part brown sugar, and .25 parts Soy Sauce. Add Two or three dashes of Tabasco. and a tspn salt. A little honey never hurt anyone either.

Make some rice. I like steamed but instant will do. It's rice.

Heat sauce in pan until tacky or sticky or both. Throw in as much garlic as you like then add the meat. Zizzle it until browned. Turn off heat, toss in chopped up green onions, and serve over rice.

If it's too sweet for your delicate little girlie tongue, scale down brown sugar and molasses. If you don't mind smelling like ass, add sauteed onion.

SkinBasket
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
SkinBasket's Crusty Oily Balls

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/balls.jpg

1 Bag Cheddar Cheese Curds
1 Bottle of Beer
1 egg
Corn Starch
Corn Meal
Corn Flakes
Flour
Salt
Chili Powder

Start with room temperature cheese curds. Microwaving cold curds at 50% power for 8-10 seconds works. They need to be sweaty. The sweatier the better. Just don't melt the fucking things.

Combine egg, 1 part flour, 2 parts corn starch, 2 parts corn meal, and 2 parts crushed corn flakes. Mix your favorite beer into mixture until you have a nice thick batter.

Drop your cheese in the batter and stir em around until coated.

While you heat a pan of your favored cooking oil, spoon coated curds into a separate container holding flour seasoned to taste with chili powder, salt, and pepper if you're sassy. Hell add whatever seasonings you like for all I care. Lawry's Seasoned Salt is always nice. Shake the container to coat the battered balls. Remove flour coated battered curds to a plate.

When oil is hot enough, dump the curds in and deep fry for 1 minute. If the cheese starts blowing out of the balls, remove immediately.

Serve with something to dip them in and a sprig of Parsley if your trying to impress some asshole. Eat. No one likes cold crusty oily balls. Hot balls are key.

Freak Out
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
That is a nice plate (Japanese?) but the stuff on it looks nasty.

Zool
02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
If the cheese starts blowing out of the balls, remove immediately.

You had me at hello.

SkinBasket
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
That is a nice plate (Japanese?) but the stuff on it looks nasty.

http://www.worldmarket.com/kitchen-tabletop/dinnerware/dinnerware-collections/Cherry-Blossom-Dinnerware/lev/4/productId/7256/Ne/1100001/CATEGORY_AREA0/1/sectionId/2866/N/1100137/categoryId/1100137/pCategoryId/1100135/gpCategoryId/1100163/Ns/TOP_SELLER_INDEX|1||CATEGORY_SEQ_2980|0/index.pro

MateoInMex
02-15-2009, 02:08 AM
SkinBasket's Crusty Oily Balls

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/balls.jpg

1 Bag Cheddar Cheese Curds
1 Bottle of Beer
1 egg
Corn Starch
Corn Meal
Corn Flakes
Flour
Salt
Chili Powder

Start with room temperature cheese curds. Microwaving cold curds at 50% power for 8-10 seconds works. They need to be sweaty. The sweatier the better. Just don't melt the fucking things.

Combine egg, 1 part flour, 2 parts corn starch, 2 parts corn meal, and 2 parts crushed corn flakes. Mix your favorite beer into mixture until you have a nice thick batter.

Drop your cheese in the batter and stir em around until coated.

While you heat a pan of your favored cooking oil, spoon coated curds into a separate container holding flour seasoned to taste with chili powder, salt, and pepper if you're sassy. Hell add whatever seasonings you like for all I care. Lawry's Seasoned Salt is always nice. Shake the container to coat the battered balls. Remove flour coated battered curds to a plate.

When oil is hot enough, dump the curds in and deep fry for 1 minute. If the cheese starts blowing out of the balls, remove immediately.

Serve with something to dip them in and a sprig of Parsley if your trying to impress some asshole. Eat. No one likes cold crusty oily balls. Hot balls are key.

Is this your recipe or someone elses? I would like to comment but i don't want to be harsh or lenient if this recipe is not your own. As a comedian, well former comic, I know the unwritten rule of hacking...so the question is asked?

P.S. send me more of your personal recipes, especially tenderloin broiled in the stove...I'd be willing to share personal recipes if interested.

SkinBasket
02-15-2009, 07:06 AM
I pretty much just make up my recipes. The stroganoff is derived from my mom's which means it probably came from a magazine 25 years ago. I was writing them down here since I don't do it anywhere else, though I'm working up the energy to make a PERL recipe program to help compile a shopping list - thus the pictures.

Feel free to comment however you want. I don't put much of my manhood behind my recipes so I won't be offended and if you make them better, I'll just take credit anyway. I'm limited by personal preference in our house in that potatoes, tomatoes, and onions are pretty much not to be used, eliminating about 90% of known recipes.

As far as tenderloin goes, we just put Lawry's on fillets and put em in the broiler. My wife likes hers raw so about a minute per side and I go about 2-3 minutes a side. Then I'll either press it into some hot butter and garlic, feta cheese, or top it with cheese and mushrooms if anything. Most of the supermarket butchers around here apparently can't cut a filet to save their lives, so I get mine from Sam's Club.

GrnBay007
02-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm limited by personal preference in our house in that potatoes, tomatoes, and onions are pretty much not to be used, eliminating about 90% of known recipes.

That sucks! I'd be lost if I couldn't use tomatoes and onions.

I remember my sister used to spend a longggg time chopping up onions to barely nothing so her kids couldn't see them but she'd still get the flavor in food.

We used to have a recipe thread here....maybe this can be the new one. I love trying new stuff so everyone start posting your favorite recipes!! I'm especially interested in soup recipes. I don't care for the creamy ones though.

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Bumped by request.

pasquale
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I pretty much just make up my recipes. The stroganoff is derived from my mom's which means it probably came from a magazine 25 years ago. I was writing them down here since I don't do it anywhere else, though I'm working up the energy to make a PERL recipe program to help compile a shopping list - thus the pictures.

Feel free to comment however you want. I don't put much of my manhood behind my recipes so I won't be offended and if you make them better, I'll just take credit anyway. I'm limited by personal preference in our house in that potatoes, tomatoes, and onions are pretty much not to be used, eliminating about 90% of known recipes.

As far as tenderloin goes, we just put Lawry's on fillets and put em in the broiler. My wife likes hers raw so about a minute per side and I go about 2-3 minutes a side. Then I'll either press it into some hot butter and garlic, feta cheese, or top it with cheese and mushrooms if anything. Most of the supermarket butchers around here apparently can't cut a filet to save their lives, so I get mine from Sam's Club.

This intrigues me, as I've started a working a similar project with a friend a few years back. Curious as if you were doing *nix perl and what GUI toolkit?

Partial
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
This intrigues me, as I've started a working a similar project with a friend a few years back. Curious as if you were doing *nix perl and what GUI toolkit?

To both you and skin, there is some pretty good recipe management software out there.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=open+source+recipe+software

SkinBasket
06-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I learned PERL on the job and since it's been a hobby more than anything, so I do what I do in PERL out of amusement, which is why I guess I wouldn't search for recipe software. You can't help but love how flexible a language it is. To be honest, I've used it more to experiment with an interactive, customizable adult site than I have the recipe side of things.

Pasquale, I use UltraEdit for my PERL programming and am entirely self taught, so I'm not even sure what *nix PERL is. Sorry. :(

pasquale
06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
my apologies skin, i was making assumptions 8-)

*nix is just a way to say unix/linux since they both end in nix. Usually when I hear Perl, I think linux. Sounds like you are doing it in Windows.

I agree, I love the language, it's can be a bitch to learn. Very flexible for anyone if the user is also flexible and has lots of hair to pull out at first.

Partial
06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I've never written perl, but I don't understand the love of it compared to the many other quality scripting languages such as Ruby or Python, for example.

Personally, I like Java. Easy to write. Vast API. High pay rates 8-)

MJZiggy
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I've never written perl, but I don't understand the love of it compared to the many other quality scripting languages such as Ruby or Python, for example.

Maybe you don't understand it because you've never written it... :idea:

Harlan Huckleby
06-03-2009, 04:00 PM

"vast API" means learning the functionality and quirks of bazillions of objects and methods. It's robotic work.

I've done some programming in .NET, similar to Java. Very steep learning curves, but "learning" only in the sense of memorizing all the roads on a map of the United States.

Not to take anything away from the power and productivity of Java or .NET. But they have wrung some of the fun and creativity out of the programming profession. Also those platforms make it infinitely easier for programming to be done overseas by low paid people.

pasquale
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
sorry to hijack your thread skin :(

SkinBasket
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
sorry to hijack your thread skin :(

Any publicity is good publicity. So everyone here thinks we're fucking dorks. Big deal.

pasquale
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
anyone know that coriander and cilantro are the same thing? it's true folks, you heard it here!

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 08:25 AM
anyone know that coriander and cilantro are the same thing? it's true folks, you heard it here!

Why 2 names?

pasquale
06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Cilantro is the Spanish name for coriander and the plant was brought over here by Spanish and British settlers from Asia and Africa.

I guess the name just stuck over here, the rest of the world doesn't call it that. So coriander seeds are just cilantro seeds.

SkinBasket
04-09-2011, 08:51 AM
I needed this, but cant search for it anymore, so I'm bumping it you fuckers.

Freak Out
04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Motherlicker.

Iron Mike
04-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Cocksucker Motherfucker Chili Chowder Stew

1. Get three cans
http://countrystore.tabasco.com/images/03091-original.jpg
http://marcdebruyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/clam-chowder.jpg
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dinty%20moore.jpg

2. Open and pour together into saucepan

3. Heat and eat, cocksucker motherfucker!!!

*stolen from mid-seventies National Lampoon*

easy cheesy
04-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Cocksucker Motherfucker Chili Chowder Stew

1. Get three cans
http://countrystore.tabasco.com/images/03091-original.jpg
http://marcdebruyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/clam-chowder.jpg
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dinty%20moore.jpg

2. Open and pour together into saucepan

3. Heat and eat, cocksucker motherfucker!!!

*stolen from mid-seventies National Lampoon*

You missed the "key ingredient".... They all three have to be #10 cans BUT you have to wear the same pair of underwear for one week, then submerge said underwear into the chili, chowder, stew mix... then you simmer until the underwear gets stiff and "stands up" on its own in the pot.... THEN you have

Cock Sucker, Mother Fucker, Chili, Chowder Stew!

That's from the "Gourmet Magazine Parody" Issue of National Lampoon.... good stuff! (oh, and you gotta have the beans in the chili... gotta! :) )

easy cheesy
04-10-2011, 02:21 PM

1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
2 strips bacon
Green Onions
Salt
Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter

mmmm... those mushrooms sound like they're delish! I bet if you subbed out cream cheese for the sour cream that would be nom, nom, nom too! The sauce may not run as quickly and suggestively down your chin however...

3irty1
04-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Loved this thread, glad its back.

Little Whiskey
04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm excepting salmon recipes. got a fav? unless they resemble the above chilli....then forget it.

easy cheesy
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm excepting salmon recipes. got a fav? unless they resemble the above chilli....then forget it.

This recipe from Food and Wine for Miso Salmon is a good one....

Ingredients

1/4 cup red miso paste (see Note)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Eight 5-ounce skinless salmon fillets
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 large scallions, thinly sliced

Directions

In a small bowl, whisk the miso paste with the canola and sesame oils, honey, vinegar and soy sauce. In a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish, pour the miso marinade over the salmon fillets and turn to coat completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 1 hour.
Light a grill and lightly brush it with oil. Lift the salmon fillets from the glaze and sprinkle both sides with the sesame seeds. Grill over a moderately hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve.

Notes

Red miso paste is available at Asian groceries and health-food stores.

Iron Mike
04-11-2011, 09:15 PM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bbq-with-bobby-flay/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe/index.html

Ingredients
1 cedar plank (6 by 14 inches)
2 salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions
Soak cedar plank in salted water for 2 hours, then drain. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Remove any remaining bones. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides. Place the brown sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers, then sprinkle over the mustard.

Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, around 20 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 135 degrees F. Transfer the salmon and plank to a platter and serve right off the plank.

Cook's Note: A direct method to grill the salmon may be used. Soak the cedar plank well. Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on medium-high. When ready to cook, place the plank on the hot grate and leave it until there is a smell of smoke, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top. Cover the grill and cook until the fish is cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Check the plank occasionally. If the edges start to catch fire, mist with water, or move the plank to a cooler part of the grill.

Little Whiskey
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
thanks cheesy and mike. I'll have to give then both a try. they sound good.

Little Whiskey
04-12-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm hoping the weather cooperates again this weekend and I'm able to go out fishing again. (I also hope the fish cooperate and decide to bit like they did last weekend too!)

SkinBasket
04-12-2011, 07:45 AM
LW, here's the recipe we use, from Paula. Using a blender on the pistachios works best, and we leave out the lemon zest, since it has enough flavor without it. Also, you'll probably want to use 4 4 ounce fillets or you'll still be hungry. Keeping the cuts smaller makes the crusting and flipping easier:

* 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus more for garnish
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 (4-ounce) fresh salmon fillets
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* Lemon Cream Sauce, recipe follows

Directions

In a shallow dish, combine the pistachios, salt, and pepper. Dredge the salmon in the pistachio mixture, pressing gently to coat.

In a small skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium; turn the salmon and cook until salmon flakes easily with fork, about 2 or 3 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to serving plates. Serve with Lemon Cream Sauce, and garnish with chopped pistachios, if desired.
Lemon Cream Sauce:

* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest
* 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper

In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour, whisking to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium; stir in the broth and cream and simmer until thickened, whisking frequently, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, whisking to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Pour into a serving dish and serve with the salmon.

Patler
04-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Marinated Salmon Seared in a Pepper Crust (I cook this one a lot)
(Recipe found at FoodTV.com years ago.)

2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 garlic glove through a garlic press, or minced and mashed to a paste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar

Combine the above, and marinate serving size pieces of salmon for at least 30 minutes (I usually do it for an hour or more). Above amounts seem to be about enough for 1 pound of salmon pieces or so.

Remove salmon and pat dry.
Press salmon into coarsely ground black pepper to coat each piece thoroughly.

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in heavy skillet to moderately hot. Cook salmon a couple minutes per side until done.

My comments:
1. Crust requires coarsely ground black pepper. I ran out once and used a regular ground black pepper like you would use in a pepper shaker. It was so unbelievable peppery as to be almost inedible.

2. Olive oil makes a real difference. Out of necessity I have used other oils at times, but the result was not nearly as good.

3. I always cook a few pieces without the pepper crust, just marinated, for those who don't enjoy the heat of a pepper crust.

4. I have served this time and time again to different house guests, and it is always well-received. I never have any left-overs!

Little Whiskey
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
patler, your recipe sounds alot like the one we use. the marinate is olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, and honey. then grilled. I've not tried a pepper crust. I'll have to try that.

easy cheesy
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Fusion Chili

Ingredients

10 dried ancho chiles - chopped, stemmed and seeded
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 pounds hot Italian sausage, casings removed
3 pounds ground beef
1 white onion diced
1 red onion, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
10 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup dry red wine
4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup honey
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained

Directions

In a small bowl, soak chiles in water and vinegar for 30 minutes. After soaking, puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth, about 5 minutes; set aside.
Place sausage and ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove meat from pan, and set aside. In a large pot, Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of the meat drippings over medium heat. Saute white onion, red onion, sweet onion, celery, carrots and garlic until onions are soft and translucent. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in tomato paste, and allow to caramelize. Pour in wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom.
Stir in cooked meat, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Season with chili powder, cumin and parsley. Bring to a boil, then stir in blended chile mixture and honey. Carefully mix in kidney beans pinto beans without breaking them. Cover, and simmer for 3 hours. Stir and scrape the bottom every hour or so.

easy cheesy
05-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Even though I'm a "Dawg"... I ripped off this WAZZU Chili Recipe

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion chopped, divided
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 ounce) bottle lager-style beer
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 cup water
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

Cook ground beef and pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in 3/4 of the onion and all of the green pepper, habanero pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the drained meat into the onion mixture along with the green onion, chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, beer, and water. Sprinkle with the cornmeal, then season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate overnight.
Reheat the chili over medium heat until it begins to simmer again. Top individual servings of chili with cheese and remaining chopped onion.

easy cheesy
05-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Found it! Skin's Pot Roast Recipe

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by easy cheesy http://packerrats.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=657748#post657748)
I want your Pot Roast Recipe... hit me up...

It's really not a recipe, but here goes, straight from my dad's email to you:

Start with a 3-5 pound beef chuck pot roast with plenty of fat.
Brown it in butter on both sides and put it in a roasting pan with a cover, salt and pepper to taste.
Take the frying pan with the grease in it and add 2 cans of Beefy Mushroom soup,
one can of Cream of mushroom soup and about one soup can of milk. Mix
together over medium heat while you add an onion, carrots and potatoes
and what ever other veggies you like to the roasting dish. Pour the gravy mix
over the meat and veggies, cover and put in the oven at 350 degrees for
about 3 hrs or until the meat is very tender.

MJZiggy
05-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Found it! Skin's Pot Roast Recipe

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by easy cheesy http://packerrats.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=657748#post657748)
I want your Pot Roast Recipe... hit me up...

It's really not a recipe, but here goes, straight from my dad's email to you:

Start with a 3-5 pound beef chuck pot roast with plenty of fat.
Brown it in butter on both sides and put it in a roasting pan with a cover, salt and pepper to taste.
Take the frying pan with the grease in it and add 2 cans of Beefy Mushroom soup,
one can of Cream of mushroom soup and about one soup can of milk. Mix
together over medium heat while you add an onion, carrots and potatoes
and what ever other veggies you like to the roasting dish. Pour the gravy mix
over the meat and veggies, cover and put in the oven at 350 degrees for
about 3 hrs or until the meat is very tender.

Sweet, thanks.

MJZiggy
05-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Not sure why I never responded to this, but if you want to do it easy, try this:

preheat oven to 475. Put 2 tbl butter in baking pan large enough to fit filet sprinkle with either dill or thyme.
Put pan in hot oven. When the butter melts and starts to sizzle, add the fish skin side up. Cook 4 minutes.
Remove from oven, peel skin from fish. It should come off in one easy piece. If not, put back in oven for 2 minutes.
Flip fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put back in oven for 3 minutes or until done. Scoop herbs and butter over the top and serve

easy cheesy
05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I want Skinbasket and I want more of his damn recipes! I didn't bump this for shits and giggles... GIMME THE GOODS DAMN IT! :)

I brought some balls to sustain me while I wait....

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5403139210_d412da13e7.jpg

SkinBasket
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
My wife has gotten more interested in fucking contributing to the cooking. She makes a nice recipe for red snapper (or halibut) with a mango salsa fish tacos, which is currently one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if it's because it tastes so good or because she's the one doing the work. Regardless, I never thought I would try to eat a "fish taco" much less enjoy it so I'll try to remember to PM it to you before someone puts me "on vacation" again.

easy cheesy
05-09-2012, 01:30 AM
My wife has gotten more interested in fucking contributing to the cooking. She makes a nice recipe for red snapper (or halibut) with a mango salsa fish tacos, which is currently one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if it's because it tastes so good or because she's the one doing the work. Regardless, I never thought I would try to eat a "fish taco" much less enjoy it so I'll try to remember to PM it to you before someone puts me "on vacation" again.

Fish Tacos are the BOMB! ... In my opinion it is better to use Halibut or a Mahi for the taco.... also.. adding a slaw into the mix is yummy as well!

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok. This is a good recipe for leftover chicken or you can cook up some chicken breasts and dice accordingly. It's an easy "no brainer" casserole and I imaginatively call it...

Chicken Casserole Recipe

2 Cups of cooked diced chicken
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
10 ounces or so of fresh Broccoli- (frozen florettes can be subbed)
1 cup of Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Butter

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and stir in the flour then cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring all the while of course. Then stir in the undiluted soup, blue cheese, half of the parmesan, chicken and broccoli. Heat to just under boiling.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season to taste and pour into buttered casserole. Top with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Dot with butter and heat in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and brown. I like to serve with buttered Rotini noodles on the side. Easy and tasty. You can also add a splash of white wine for extra flavor.

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Chicken Florentine Soup

Another cinch of a recipe that you can utilize leftover chicken or turkey for...

2 pounds of fresh spinach
2-3 cups of cooked diced chicken- whatever amount/ratio floats your boat
2 tablespoons butter
1 finely chopped med-large onion or you can get those containers of Gill's Onions that are pre chopped at the grocery store if you are feeling paticularly lazy
1 1/2 teaspoons of flour
2 pints or so of chicken stock
1/2 pint of cream
1 carton of Pomi brand chopped tomatoes
splash of white wine- let your tastebuds denote what a "splash" consists of
season with salt, pepper, cayenne to taste

Heat butter and add onion- simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add flour, cook and stir until mixture is golden. Add spinach and stir until you get a slight wilt then slowly add stock and your "splash" of white wine and keep stirring. Plop your diced chicken into the pot, add cream- heat and done. Reduce, thicken or thin according to your taste. I also like to add a dollop of sour cream at the end.

I know I've mentioned this before but, unless you are peeling and seeding fresh tomatoes yourself, Pomi is the next best thing IMO.

http://www.foodasaurusrex.com/media/2010/12/pomi2.jpg http://www.thelittlekitchen.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pomi-chopped-tomatoes.jpg

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Poached Pears are nom, nom so this is simple

6 Bartlett Pears
1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar
3 cups water
Brandy or Grand Marnier, or whatever Cordial you prefer, to taste

Make a "syrup" of the sugar and water. Peel pears and simmer in syrup until tender but whole. Remove pears and reduce the syrup to desired thickness. Add the booze of choice, then spoon the syrup over the halved pears. Put some blue cheese crumbles in the "divet" of the pear and top with caramelized walnut for garnish. Delish!

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing

1 cup of mayo
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
a few drops of tobasco or hot pepper sauce to taste (I LOVE Garlic Gourmay's "Crying Tongue Hot Sauce" and that's what I use)
salt and pepper to taste
A splash of Worcestershire sauce
Blue Cheese crumbles- as much as your tastebuds desire!

Mix all of the ingredients together then seal and store in fridge! Great with Butter Lettuce, Caramelized Walnuts and a drizzle of fig infused Balamic Vinegar!

Here's the Garlic Gourmay stuff I'm talking about...

http://garlicgourmay.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x300/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/824-4052119071.jpg

http://garlicgourmay.com/crying-tongue-hot-sauce-10oz.html

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Syllabub (I'm Southern by birth and still in heart so what can I say?) :)

Whisk one quart of cream while gradually adding one cup of sugar and the juice and rinds of three lemons. When the mix is light and frothy then add one cup of Madeira or Sherry- the good shit not that cheap Christian Brothers crap- and continue to whisk. Beat four egg whites, gradually adding a half cup of sugar, until stiff. That's right- stiff. Spoon the Syllabub into punch cups and top with the beaten egg whites. Sprinkle with nutmeg and lemon rind... voila!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4406/images/4406_MEDIUM.jpg

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Sangria

1/2 of each- a lemon, orange and apple- cut into slices/wedges
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1 bottle of dry red wine
1/4-1/2 cup of brandy- again- avoid that Christian Brothers shit
club soda

Combine sugar and fruit into a large pitcher. Add wine and brandy then stir. Add additional sugar as needed to suit your tastebuds. Chill for at LEAST one hour. Add chilled club soda just before serving. Ice optional.

For other booze fun...

I also mix Pinnacle Cake Vodka and Absolute Peach into a freezer proof vessel- ratio optional depending on taste- add a splash of triple sec and fresh blueberries, peaches and raspberries- I let marinate in the freezer and keep martini glasses in there as well- whenever you want- VOILA- a kick ass martini!

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Hunter's Sauce
(or as high falutin' French fucks call it- no offense to French fucks by the way- Sauce Chasseur)

This recipe yields one and a half to two cups- is great with Grilled Flank Steak etc...

About 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms- 1/3 pound or so
1/2 cup of peeled, seeded, chopped fresh tomatoes or go for the Pomi! (chopped Pomi, not strained)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup of dry white wine
1/2 cup of beef broth
1/2 teaspoon of freshly chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon arrowroot (I prefer it over cornstarch but you can certainly use cornstarch)
2 teaspoons water

Melt butter in saucepan and add the mushrooms, shallots, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the wine and simmer briefly over a high heat. Add the tomatoes, beef broth and tarragon. Cook about 5 minutes and keep stirring. Blend the arrowroot into the water and stir it into the sauce. Cook briefly and serve.

As I stated above, this is GREAT over an outdoor grilled Flank Steak. Make sure to rub the Flank Steak with oil (of choice of course) and season with salt and pepper. Keep it on a hot plate to the side after cooking so that the juices will settle, tent it with foil to keep warm. I prefer mine to the rare side of medium rare so control the grilling process accordingly.

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm pissed off that "I'll Have Another" wasn't able to run in the Belmont but at least he's alive and pimpin'! Going back to that Glory Day of the Kentucky Derby, here's a Mint Julep in honor of the great three year old!

Mint Syrup- gotta have it- no way around it-
4 cups water
2 cups sugar
4 cups fresh mint sprigs... now, to make the syrup you need to boil the water and the sugar over medium heat for ten minutes. Add the mint and then simmer another thirty minutes or so. Set it aside overnight and then strain the next day.

Pour some fine Kentucky Bourbon- it has to be Kentucky Bourbon, Like Maker's Mark- into a chilled martini or rocks glass, pour in that syrup, garnish with mint sprig and start singing "My Old Kentucky Home" whilst a tear forms in your eye socket.... Good times! Oh- ice optional.

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Sundowner

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH..... makes me think of Gordon Lightfoot by the name of the cocktail... but I digress....

2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces Fresca (you remember Fresca... right?)
2 ounces dark rum
1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Mix that shit up, put in a glass with ice and consume.... reponsibly of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02VrChRqpc

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn9hye7U6g&feature=related

Man, I wanted Bodemeister to win... but... whatcha gonna do? Cheers to "I'll Have Another" and cheers to Baffert's second horse choice, Paynter, at Belmont.... second seems to be Bob's mantra this season. KUDOS to Union Rags... ***gulping a Julep***

MJZiggy
06-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Sundowner

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH..... makes me think of Gordon Lightfoot by the name of the cocktail... but I digress....

2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces Fresca (you remember Fresca... right?)
2 ounces dark rum
1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Mix that shit up, put in a glass with ice and consume.... reponsibly of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02VrChRqpc

I saw him in concert last summer. He's old.

Harlan Huckleby
06-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I listened to a radio interview with Gordon Lightfoot recently where he played a few songs. It hurt to hear his croaky voice.

People should quit singing when they become eligible for social security, with rare exception. I'm looking at you, Bob Dylan.

easy cheesy
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I made some Tomato Florentine soup (Basically the Chicken Florentine Soup recipe above but without the chicken, use heavy whipping cream and thicken/reduce it a bit). I then pan seared some Parmesan encrusted chicken breasts over medium heat with butter. I pounded the chicken out a bit beforehand of course for even cooking.

Pour some of the soup into a casserole pan, add some more fresh, uncooked spinach and place the chicken breasts on top. Then squeeze in some lemon juice, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and Parmesan over the top to taste. I like a LOT! Cover and bake at 350 for twenty minutes then uncover and bake another 15. KICKASS! I served with some Lemon Garlic Orzo that I bought at Papparadelle's down at the Market. Sooooooooo good!

easy cheesy
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Hangover Helper

Follow the directions on a package of Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper EXCEPT- use 1 1/2 pounds of burger instead of one pound- add two diced up Roma tomatoes and some diced onion- use a little less milk than directed, adding heavy whipping cream and V-8 to make up the difference. Just before cooking is done add some Kraft Deli Deluxe Sharp American, Kraft Deli Deluxe Jalapeno American and a shake of parmesan. Good stick to your ribs shit!

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/homemade-cheeseburger-macaroni-recipe-08.jpg

SkinBasket
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
General SkinBasket's Chicken:

Sam's Club stopped selling their terrible rendition of General Tso Chicken, which I loved, in their deli/meat department, so I was forced to make my own, which to my own amazement worked after just a couple test builds. Don't ignore the sesame oil. It's the element that brings this shitheap together. If you like heat double the cayenne and red pepper flakes:

2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1-1.5 pound chicken breasts
1 cup green onion chopped

1. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, beef broth, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, corn starch, onion powder, garlic, white pepper, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and hoisin sauce to create sauce.

2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and bathe in 2 eggs and 1/4 cup white wine for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and lightly or moderately coat in mixture of 1/2 corn starch, 1/2 flour + 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.

3. Heat oil and deep fry chicken until done, 5-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.

4. Meanwhile, heat sauce over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until reduced by 1/3. Add chicken, toss and continue to cook over medium heat for additional 5 minutes.

5. Serve over steamed rice with green onions cut into half inch lengths. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.

mraynrand
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Is that crispy General's, or soggy? Fuck you if you like it soggy and limp. Best ever General's is from Su Hong's on the Peninsula near Stanford.

Freak Out
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Sam's Club stopped selling their terrible rendition of General Tso Chicken, which I loved, in their deli/meat department, so I was forced to make my own, which to my own amazement worked after just a couple test builds. Don't ignore the sesame oil. It's the element that brings this shitheap together. If you like heat double the cayenne and red pepper flakes:

2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce

1. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, beef broth, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, corn starch, onion powder, garlic, white pepper, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and hoisin sauce to create sauce.

2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and bathe in 2 eggs and 1/4 cup white wine for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and lightly or moderately coat in mixture of 1/2 corn starch, 1/2 flour + 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.

3. Heat oil and deep fry chicken until done, 5-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.

4. Meanwhile, heat sauce over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until reduced by 1/3. Add chicken, toss and continue to cook over medium heat for additional 5 minutes.

5. Serve over steamed rice with green onions cut into half inch lengths. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.

What...? No powdered Rhino horn or dried carp semen? Phony....

SkinBasket
12-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Is that crispy General's, or soggy? Fuck you if you like it soggy and limp. Best ever General's is from Su Hong's on the Peninsula near Stanford.

Crispy nigger!~

That's what the corn starch is fo'

3irty1
12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Do you do starch/flour -> eggwash -> starch/flour or just eggwash -> starch/flour. Or mix it all in more of a batter?

I too gave some shits about trying to make a general Tso's sauce once. What I've got isn't perfect but it is pretty easy so I'll share for the sake of collaboration. I do it in the style of a french Gastrique sauce. I start with a little sugar, water, and corn syrup to make a caramel, then I add a little rice wine vinegar and some soysauce to that, let it heat back up to dissolve all the caramel let it reduce to thicken up a little and give it a big long squirt of sriracha. Right before tossing the chicken in it I "mount" the sauce with sesame oil as you'd do with cold butter right before serving so the oil doesn't have time to separate. My complaints are that making general tso's at home gets all your dishes dirty and is a pain in the ass. Also while my gastrique style sauce is nice and syrupy and pretty good, its never as red as it is in the restaurant. Always more brown although the sriracha helps that a lot.

SkinBasket
12-13-2012, 12:35 PM
For this I just egg them then roll them through the flour mix. I just want a nice thin wrinkly crispy crust to help hold some sauce on em and this way worked out better than I thought it would. I admit, I generally have a tendency to try to over-bread things I'm trying to deep fry, and it isn't always a good thing apparently.

I just started with soy sauce and brown sugar and worked from there. I know it's not nearly as fancy as your french stuff, but I was looking for more of the fast food chinese flavor than anything else and it sounds like I would fuck up some of that stuff you're pulling off.

Funny you mention the color. I considered adding red food coloring but then started asking myself, why not just make it purple, or green, or black. And since that presented me with a dioramic philosophical horrorshow, I dropped the color issue altogether. Also, I was hungry and wanted to start drinking.

SkinBasket
12-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm also man enough to admit that I don't know what mounting a sauce means. Not in the cooking sense anyway.

What happened to my sesame oil by mixing it in at the beginning?

3irty1
12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
There isn't much there so you might not notice if it did break a little. There is oil on the loose all over the place anyways with fried chicken anyways. I just do what I think makes sense.

SkinBasket
12-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I just do what I think makes sense.

I'm not questioning your methods. I just have no idea what they are because I'm kind of totally ignorant to anything more complicated than mixing and heating stuff up. What does this mean, this breaking of the oil? I'm assuming it's a bad thing. Or at least less desirable than it not breaking.

I can make a decent rue, though that's about as complicated as I get. I usually just fuck the rest of the sauce up from there.

Zool
12-13-2012, 03:31 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mounting+a+sauce

SkinBasket
12-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I would post a giant picture of a cock in response if madtown weren't such a retarded pussy.

3irty1
12-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Oil and water don't mix so when a sauce "breaks" it just means the two are separating. "Mounting" a sauce in the most classic sense means stiring cold butter into a hot sauce right before you serve it which thickens it, gives it a nice sheen and desirable flavor but of course must be eaten quickly because the butter won't stay mixed with the sauce for long. In a sauce like mayo or vinegar which are built on the premise of mixing oil and water, emulsifiers are used to make it last for a longer period of time. Eggs and mustard are the most standard go-to emulsifiers in cooking.

GrnBay007
12-14-2012, 01:26 AM
If I ever win the lottery can I hire you as my chef 3irty1? lol

3irty1
12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Oil and water don't mix so when a sauce "breaks" it just means the two are separating. "Mounting" a sauce in the most classic sense means stiring cold butter into a hot sauce right before you serve it which thickens it, gives it a nice sheen and desirable flavor but of course must be eaten quickly because the butter won't stay mixed with the sauce for long. In a sauce like mayo or vinegar which are built on the premise of mixing oil and water, emulsifiers are used to make it last for a longer period of time. Eggs and mustard are the most standard go-to emulsifiers in cooking.

I meant vinaigrette not vinegar. Oops!

easy cheesy
12-15-2012, 12:59 AM

2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce

TSO! This recipe sounds great! Tsooooooo goood! Thanks Tsooooo much!!! :)

easy cheesy
12-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Skin's recipe kicks ass... sodium, sugar and death content be damned!

SkinBasket
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Skin's recipe kicks ass... sodium, sugar and death content be damned!

Did you make it?

easy cheesy
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Did you make it?

I actually did make it, with a minimal amount of ingredient modifications such as severely slashing the the two cups of brown sugar, one cup of beef broth and three quarters cup of soy sauce... I tripled the red pepper...I loved it.