PDA

View Full Version : GOODELL IS A WEENIE

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
He made a tail between his legs wimpy call today.

First, let me say that if Favre and Murphy agreed to this it was a good call.

But this reaks of the NFL Owner helping a team far more than the player.

It helps Green Bay by giving them more time. They avoid the pressure of the circus possibility and they avoid the pressure of making a deal happen. I've said all along the way to speed the closure up is by getting Favre into camp.

I don't see how this helps Brett Favre. I don't think he wants to create havoc, but it's his only card to attempt to make something happen in a fast manner. Whether it's a trade or release or making amends, it's in his best interests to get into camp, get into football shape, and get with the team that he is going to be with in 08 A.S.A.P.

I can see GB requesting this like crazy. Favre gave TT a few days...with no results. This move, which deviates from what he said he would do, helps Green Bay far more than Brett Favre IMO

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
:clap:

Perfectly said.

Lurker64
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
But this reaks of the NFL Owner helping a team far more than the player.

Frankly if the NFL is going to pick sides in a player v. team situation, they should pick the side of the team. The players are represented by the NFLPA, the teams are represented by the league. If Favre thinks that the NFL is being unreasonable here, his recourse is to take it up with the NFLPA.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
A weenie? Are you 6?

retailguy
07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I think Goodell is a closet Vikings fan... :shock:

retailguy
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
A weenie? Are you 6?

One more outburst out of you and I'll change your name to "Weenie Rat".

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3511028

Favre could be back Friday per bus

Interesting article; a couple notes from it jumped out

Murphy was expected back in Green Bay on Wednesday night, but planned to huddle with other members of the Packers' front office before speaking to reporters.

Despite the apparent nature of Murphy's trip, McCarthy reiterated Wednesday that Favre "absolutely" was still welcome in Packers camp. Team officials have made it clear, both publicly and to Favre, that he would no longer be the starter if he returned to the team.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Goodell is unlikely to rule on Favre's request for reinstatement Wednesday in order to give the sides more time to work out an agreement on the quarterback's future.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
A weenie? Are you 6?

LOL, I actually laughed at this

BUT PLEASE DONT DO IT! :D

GBRulz
A weenie? Are you 6?

Zip it. Weenie. :twisted:

BTW, Great post, B....I agree 100%

Bretsky
A weenie? Are you 6?

He's not worthy :lol:

Charles Woodson
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
A weenie? Are you 6?

He's not worthy :lol:

lol :lol:

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Not worthy of 'weenie rat'.............that's as low as it gets.

RashanGary
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Good, strong move by Goodell. I'm glad he's involved ;)

falco
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Good, strong move by Goodell. I'm glad he's involved ;)

pfft harrell, you just try to be contradictory

RashanGary
07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
No, just pullin a Bretsky :)

Bretsky was all happy when he thought Goodell was involved on Favre's behalf. Now I"m jsut turing it around because he's helpign the team more.

REally I think it's none of his buisness but I could see he and Murphy have a good relationship considering they have a lot in common and Goodells job is to look out for the owners (Murphy represents the Packers ownership)

Freak Out
07-30-2008, 08:51 PM

Bretsky was all happy when he thought Goodell was involved on Favre's behalf. Now I"m jsut turing it around because he's helpign the team more.

REally I think it's none of his buisness but I could see he and Murphy have a good relationship considering they have a lot in common and Goodells job is to look out for the owners (Murphy represents the Packers ownership)

What? Goodell wants #4 back in the NFL because it's good for the NFL...not just the Packers.

Packers4Ever
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
A weenie? Are you 6?

heehee :lol:

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM

It was good that Goodell tried to get involved for both parties. This needs to get resolved. While this would not bother you, I could see TT hiding inside of his shell and letting this thing play out without any effort to make a deal. All that legacy muck sounded great until reality sets in and he's Favre is going to return in some capacity.

It's a foregone conclusion Favre will not be given a shot at winning the job in Green Bay; I can live with that. I don't agree with them, but I see the validity in the view that we should move on with AROD for the long term interests of the Packers.

But you'd like TT to shit on Favre and kick him in the balls while he is down on the ground.

I'd still like Favre to be successful playing for somebody else.

That's why I want Goodell to reinstate Favre. That's why I want Green Bay to trade him yesterday and stop trying to convince him to retire. He wants to play and I wish him well where he ends up.

MJZiggy
07-30-2008, 09:30 PM
B, I get the feeling they're trying to do that. It's been reported they've called every team and the only two teams that were interested have been nixed.

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
B, I get the feeling they're trying to do that. It's been reported they've called every team and the only two teams that were interested have been nixed.

They may be; the two parties don't trust what each other says and I don't trust anybody anymore

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
According to Schefter, Goodell is only waiting on a phone call from Brett to finalize the reinstatement.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099eb81

MJZiggy
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes, but it was the other teams that reported the phone calls...

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 07:15 AM
According to Schefter, Goodell is only waiting on a phone call from Brett to finalize the reinstatement.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099eb81He already has the paper, he needs a phone call now? God Roger is an idiot.