PDA

View Full Version : National Media

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I really haven't been watching ESPN, FOX Sports, NFL Channel, etc. much the last couple of weeks. I watched NFL Total Access tonight. Rich Eisen and Jamie Dukes couldn't be much more pro-Favre. Dukes basically said Favre raise as much hell as he can, so the Packers have to release or trade him. Eisen kept asking Dukes how the Packers could have let the situation become like this. Apparently, little accountability for Favre on that show. Is all of the national media like this?

Rastak
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I really haven't been watching ESPN, FOX Sports, NFL Channel, etc. much the last couple of weeks. I watched NFL Total Access tonight. Rich Eisen and Jamie Dukes couldn't be much more pro-Favre. Dukes basically said Favre raise as much hell as he can, so the Packers have to release or trade him. Eisen kept asking Dukes how the Packers could have let the situation become like this. Apparently, little accountability for Favre on that show. Is all of the national media like this?

It's been kinda split with slightly more supporting the Packers in this standoff. That's been my observation.

CaptainKickass
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Jamie Dukes busts a sweat from just standing. That guy needs some cardio work for sure.

boiga
07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I really haven't been watching ESPN, FOX Sports, NFL Channel, etc. much the last couple of weeks. I watched NFL Total Access tonight. Rich Eisen and Jamie Dukes couldn't be much more pro-Favre. Dukes basically said Favre raise as much hell as he can, so the Packers have to release or trade him. Eisen kept asking Dukes how the Packers could have let the situation become like this. Apparently, little accountability for Favre on that show. Is all of the national media like this?Check out Schefter busting it out on Rich and Jamie here though: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099988d

Schefter and Glazer have been pro-management. Fox switched on monday to an anti-favre stance after Greta moved on to other stories and they realized that Packer fans mostly support the team first and Favre second.

Espn has been stridently pro-favre, while the local guys have been muddled but leaning pro-management.

Kiwon
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I generally only see the print media coverage but I'd say it's running 70-30 Farve's way. Maybe it's 60-40 among the journalists themselves.

People are very forgiving that a great player changed his mind. Period. Most don't see it from an organizational perspective.

Basically the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

People identify, idolize, empathize with an indiviudal, not a group. Brett Farve's face WAS the Green Bay Packers to the casual football fan for years. Farve has been it for so long in relation to the Green Bay Packers that the only perspective that counts is his in most people's minds.

The media is media. They like controversy because it sells newspapers and adds viewers. What happens to HOF player Brett Farve is hands down a more compelling story than the business side of a football organization.

Freak Out
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't have cable/sat so I rely on print/online and of course all the good linkage that the PackerRats provide. I have no idea what the media breakdown is and really don't care....I just know that most of my friends want him to stay retired...of course he's been beating all their teams for many, many years so I can see why. :lol:

ND72
07-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I all of the sudden like Adam Schefter. You need to shut these guys up. NOBODY in their right mind sends Brett to Minnesota.

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
while the local guys have been muddled but leaning pro-management.

What GB stations are you listening to? Just from what I've seen, the local media (Press Gazette excluded) are pretty much just staying as neutral as possible. Remember, Fox 11 is all about balanced reporting!!! :lol:

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't have cable/sat so I rely on print/online and of course all the good linkage that the PackerRats provide. I have no idea what the media breakdown is and really don't care....I just know that most of my friends want him to stay retired...of course he's been beating all their teams for many, many years so I can see why. :lol:

Be sure to check out our local TV stations as well, they put alot of vids on their website.

wfrv.com
wluk.com
wgba.com
wbay.com

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Have to really laugh......wasn't it Jamie Dukes who first started the 'Lord Favre' stuff?

mraynrand
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Regardless of national media bias, I think it's important that the Favre camp get Dianna to do voice-over for all Favre activities, starting with "My Brett...."

boiga
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
while the local guys have been muddled but leaning pro-management.

What GB stations are you listening to? Just from what I've seen, the local media (Press Gazette excluded) are pretty much just staying as neutral as possible. Remember, Fox 11 is all about balanced reporting!!! :lol:Sorry, I was mostly referring to JSO and GBPG. I live in Tucson, so listening to WI radio can be difficult (save that I listen to a lot of WPR online.)

Wilde at WSJ has been very pro-Favre though.

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Never mind about Schefter being Pro-management. The Favre camp got to him. http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099eb81

Here is talking about how hard a time Favre's family has been having with all this, Bus Cook says Brett just wants to play for Green Bay, and that the Packers would be FORCED to discuss a blockbuster offer from "an NFC North" team.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Have to really laugh......wasn't it Jamie Dukes who first started the 'Lord Favre' stuff?

I thought it was Florio at PFT. Dukes (and many others now) just copied it. I could be wrong though.

MadtownPacker
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM

I thought it was Florio at PFT. Dukes (and many others now) just copied it. I could be wrong though.Hell no, Bulldog started it wayyy before those assklowns.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Never mind about Schefter being Pro-management. The Favre camp got to him. http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8099eb81

Here is talking about how hard a time Favre's family has been having with all this, Bus Cook says Brett just wants to play for Green Bay, and that the Packers would be FORCED to discuss a blockbuster offer from "an NFC North" team.Cook is smoking serious crack if he tyhinks the Packers will be forced to do anything.