PDA

View Full Version : Who Blinks first - Favre or the Packers?

retailguy
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that the Packers blink first by taking a sub-standard trade or a release.

Favre lost the PR battle, but has less to lose at this point than the team.

What say You?

FritzDontBlitz
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Favre can't blink. Well, there was the possibility that he might not file his papers, but he's done that. I think he's in the cat bird seat now because he's dealt with the media scrutiny for years while TT, M3 and Murphy are not used to being in such an intense spotlight. The Packers blink first.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Packers blink first and get rid of Brett the Clown for whatever they can get.

Packers laugh first when Favre stinks up the joint on his new team.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree.

Favre has nothing to lose at this point...but the Packers do. So, the Packers are probably going to blink first.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM

Laughing at Favre's misfortune shows your true colors.

If Green Bay trades Favre, I really don't care what he does. I'll be far more focused on Rodgers.

packrat
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
With every player its something different that goes first. With Brett, it is too bad it wasn't the arm.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:15 PM

If Green Bay trades Favre, I really don't care what he does. I'll be far more focused on Rodgers.

That I like the team over any player?

GBRulz
07-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Of course you can like the team over the player, but why is it necessary to call him a clown and hope that he sucks with his new team?

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Of course you can like the team over the player, but why is it necessary to call him a clown and hope that he sucks with his new team?

Is there a rule that says I have to cheer for him?

falco
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM

i've been a favre fan since he's been here, but I have to hope he plays for shit when he goes somewhere else

had favre been kicked out after the 4-12 season, I would have cheered for him to go to the SB somewhere else, but not after this

i don't think that makes me a jerk...i could theoretically root for favre to win the same way I did the giants over the patriots, but in general I have to think it would be bad for our franchise and its management if favre succeeds somewhere else

i'm glad you feel you can pass judgment on other people based on who they may cheer for or root against

Charles Woodson
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Yea, See article 4 in being a packer fan 101

Charles Woodson
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM

Come on man, you use to rarely post and when you did they were well thought out, but this just sounds like something straight out of a Bear trolls mouth

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM

Come on man, you use to rarely post and when you did they were well thought out, but this just sounds like something straight out of a Bear trolls mouth

Okay, it was probably out of frustration...I honestly am not sure if I will cheer for him or not..Ill have to see at the time.

oregonpackfan
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I think the Packers' management holds the trump card on this issue. Favre has waffled too much on his decisions for his arguments to hold any water.

boiga
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Come now, we all know that Ted doesn't blink. He had his eyelids removed yeeeeeaars ago.

I think the Packers will be willing to pay Favre to be backup. If Brett can't take that, he'll "blink" first.

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Has anybody seen Bus Cook in his interview today?

Looks like a dude that would empty some bullets into a lawnmower.

MJZiggy
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Favre already blinked. He went from "why should I [compete with A-Rod]" and indicating that he wouldn't come into camp listed as 2nd string to "I'll be in camp."

Packerarcher
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM

No you don't have to cheer for him NOW,but I bet you were last year and any other time he played to your liking.Your bashing is sure sign of a FAIRWEATHER FAN.

falco
07-30-2008, 10:02 PM

No you don't have to cheer for him NOW,but I bet you were last year and any other time he played to your liking.Your bashing is sure sign of a FAIRWEATHER FAN.

if favre is on another team, how is bashing him a sign of a fairweather fan???

:roll:

of course you would cheer for him when he was on your team

do you root for darren sharper now???

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
I think that the Packers blink first by taking a sub-standard trade or a release.

What say You?

I don't see a trade (any trade) as blinking. They get something for nothing. I, for one, never thought they'd get a ton for him. He's 39 and didn't seem exactly committed this offseason.

So, what would define Brett as blinking? Accepting a trade?

Any trade (not to Minnesota) would mean both sides blinked. Minnesota is where Favre wants to be (if he can't start in Green Bay).

bobblehead
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
I didn't read every post here, but I think BF comes to camp, MM uses him as the backup QB and tolerates the circus that goes with it. Depending on how everything goes from now til the season opener any number of things could happen...but for now, he reports, we put him in the backup role...not sure either side "blinks" in that scenario.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Sorry, but this is a stupid poll now that I see how you defined it.

A "sub-standard trade" is not the Packers blinking, that's Favre backing down. Right now he is blocking any trade. I don't think the Packers care too much about the compensation they get.

falco
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM

Sorry, but this is a stupid poll now that I see how you defined it.

A "sub-standard trade" is not the Packers blinking, that's Favre backing down. Right now he is blocking any trade. I don't think the Packers care too much about the compensation they get.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 10:53 PM

What say You?

I don't see a trade (any trade) as blinking. They get something for nothing. I, for one, never thought they'd get a ton for him. He's 39 and didn't seem exactly committed this offseason.

So, what would define Brett as blinking? Accepting a trade?

Right.

There is ONE and ONLY ONE outcome where Brett Favre will not be blinking: if he shows up to camp and aggressively fights his status as #2. McCarthy then has a problem.

I guess I forgot the possibility of the team releasing Favre, but in my mind that is too ridiculous to discuss.

Packerarcher
07-31-2008, 01:30 AM

What I meant whas Chevelle always seems to be bashing Brett not just in this thread. At least through out this whole unretirement clusterfuck,but it's easy for most to bash him right now because they don't think he will ever play for the Pack again. Therefore you cheer for the man when he is brings the Packers out of the shitter for how many years,but now when the man could use tour support most of you are like the Packers and shit on him. AKA FAIRWEATHER FANS. If it were not for Brett Favre there would be no remodeled Lambeu Field,no extensions for MM or Ted the snake. Fool yourselves and say no one player is bigger than the team. Then go back and imagine what life may have been like had Ron Wolf not traded for a QB from the Atlanta Falcons that few had ever heard of,and fewer yet could pronounce his name correctly. The Packers would more than likely be like a lot of other teams and be on QB number god only knows what in those 16 years.

Lurker64
07-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Come now, we all know that Ted doesn't blink. He had his eyelids removed yeeeeeaars ago.

I think the Packers will be willing to pay Favre to be backup. If Brett can't take that, he'll "blink" first.

Snakes can't blink, they have no eyelids. Instead their eyes are protected by a clear scale (kind of like a contact lens). Their eyes are open even when they're asleep. Which is why you'll never get pictures like this of Ted:

http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

gex
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM

What I meant whas Chevelle always seems to be bashing Brett not just in this thread. At least through out this whole unretirement clusterfuck,but it's easy for most to bash him right now because they don't think he will ever play for the Pack again. Therefore you cheer for the man when he is brings the Packers out of the shitter for how many years,but now when the man could use tour support most of you are like the Packers and shit on him. AKA FAIRWEATHER FANS. If it were not for Brett Favre there would be no remodeled Lambeu Field,no extensions for MM or Ted the snake. Fool yourselves and say no one player is bigger than the team. Then go back and imagine what life may have been like had Ron Wolf not traded for a QB from the Atlanta Falcons that few had ever heard of,and fewer yet could pronounce his name correctly. The Packers would more than likely be like a lot of other teams and be on QB number god only knows what in those 16 years.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 08:25 PM

No, Im not a fair weather fan. I think his accomplishments on the field are fantastic - that goes without saying. I just think that his recent playoff performance leaves a lot to be desired. The framed/signed Favre memorabilia in my basement, will always remain. So will my allegiance to the Packers - if Favre, Rodgers, or Tim Couch is under center.

imscott72
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM

No, Im not a fair weather fan. I think his accomplishments on the field are fantastic - that goes without saying. I just think that his recent playoff performance leaves a lot to be desired. The framed/signed Favre memorabilia in my basement, will always remain. So will my allegiance to the Packers - if Favre, Rodgers, or Tim Couch is under center.

Why does everyone wanna blame the playoff losses on Favre? Was he supposed to be covering Plax? Was Favre playing on the D line or O line? If you're going to go on record and say it's a team game, then how can you say you don't want Brett back based on his playoff performances? No double standards please..

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM

Why does everyone wanna blame the playoff losses on Favre? Was he supposed to be covering Plax? Was Favre playing on the D line or O line? If you're going to go on record and say it's a team game, then how can you say you don't want Brett back based on his playoff performances? No double standards please..

We have tried 2 or 3 different players at every position since 1997. We have tried 3 different HCs, and 2 GMs. The one constant in these playoff losses is the QB.

You can still win a playoff game if you dont recover a fumble at the 50 yard line.
You can still win a playoff game if an opposing reciever goes off for 150 yards.
You can still win a playoff game if you miss a field goal.

But...

YOU CANNOT win a playoff game if your QB throws 3, 4, 5, 6 INTs.

JMO