PDA

View Full Version : Murphy comments, sort of

Brando19
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
From PFT:

Packers president Mark Murphy has issued a statement regarding his Wednesday meeting with quarterback Brett Favre and agent Bus Cook.

Said Murphy: ”I was in Hattiesburg today and had a nice visit with Brett Favre. We discussed a number of topics not related to football, including Brett’s long-term relationship with the Packers. I consider our conversation to be confidential and am going to be respectful of Brett and his family and keep the details private. [G.M.] Ted [Thompson] and [coach] Mike [McCarthy] are going to continue to work on the football side of this issue. They have my full support.”

But we wonder whether Brett wants the details to be private. Of course, if he doesn’t, we figure we’ll soon find out what they were.

Bretsky
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Smart statement and good PR strategy to meet with the Green Bay Brass and then release a statement saying next to nothing and taking the high road.

If Favre is smart at this point he does the same and shows up Friday.

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry........but why would he fly down to MS to talk about 'number of topics not related to football'......what a load of BS.

Brando19
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I think Murphy was sent down to make sure Brett's committed to playing and an announcement of Favre returning to the Packers will come by Monday. Super Bowl here we come!

packinpatland
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Murphy was sent down to make sure Brett's committed to playing and an announcement of Favre returning to the Packers will come by Monday. Super Bowl here we come!

OK Pollyanna..........I'm with you. :wink:

Brando19
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM

OK Pollyanna..........I'm with you. :wink:

:lol:

All I wanna do...is dreeeamm.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not believing anything until I hear it from the gold standard - Chris Mortenson.

boiga
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Smart statement and good PR strategy to meet with the Green Bay Brass and then release a statement saying next to nothing and taking the high road.

If Favre is smart at this point he does the same and shows up Friday. Very much agreed. Hopefully Brett has learned his lesson about dealing with the media by now.

Unfortunately, "sources close to Favre" are already at work:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080730/PKR01/80730202/0/PKR01
“It’s a standoff,” a source close to Favre told the Press-Gazette.

Favre could be with the team as early as Friday, and if Favre comes in, he’ll have to pass a physical examination and running test. Assuming he does, he’ll be ready to practice, though the source close to Favre said Packers have told him they might limit him to individual drills only for all of camp if he shows up.

So my expectations are low.

Stevogbfan
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM

If Favre is smart at this point he does the same and shows up Friday.

if brett was smart he'd stay retired and enjoy his worry free life