PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick A Wideout?!?

Partial
06-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Marcus Vick is playing receiver for the Dolphins. Oh what could have been. I agree he's a headcase and not a guy we'd like for the packers mentally, but physically man oh man would I love to have that kid.

I say give him a year, and he is the next generation Antwan Randal-el except at a whole new level!

RashanGary
06-11-2006, 12:59 PM
At least at WR you can get some explosion out of him without putting the franchise in his hands.

Even Ron Mexico is looking like a mistake lately. Marcus is 10X worse. No thanks as the future of my team, but yeah, I'd like to see what he could do as a WR.

Willard
06-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Some bad-ass Safety is going to go medieval on poor Marcus when he tries to cross the middle. I don't think this kid has the stones to take the abuse he is going to receive.

red
06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
teams didn't pass on him because he's a bad QB, they passed because he's a headsase. he's a ticking time bomb that could go off at any second

time will tell i guess if he's smart enough to learn a new position

i'm still glad we didn't get him. we don't need complete asshole on the team, and he's one of the biggest ones to come out in a long time

Partial
06-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Agreed with red.

In addition to that Will, I don't think he'll ever go over the middle. He's a little guy. 6'0" 200. He will absolutely be a possesion receiver who can make something happen once he gets the ball off of short slants and such.

My guess is they use him in a ton of trick plays, ala the Steelers 3 qb on the field per time with the QBs at WR.

RashanGary
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I agree that teams didn't pass on him because he was a bad QB. I think they passed on him because they didn't want to invest the future of their organization in a head case.

If he's a WR and he turns into a wacko, no harm. If you train him as your QB and he goes nuts, you just lost your season and maybe 2 or 3 depending on the back ups you have.

I wasn't saying he woudln't be a good QB. I'm saying teams won't take a nut case and put the time and effort into training him as the QB.

Same thing. Different way of stating it.

retailguy
06-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Some bad-ass Safety is going to go medieval on poor Marcus when he tries to cross the middle. I don't think this kid has the stones to take the abuse he is going to receive.

Agreed, & welcome to the forum.

I don't think he really has the "desire" to be a WR. I think eventually he'll walk away just as Eric Crouch did.

Partial
06-11-2006, 06:12 PM
yes but for every Eric Crouch there is also a Matt Jones, Anttwan Randle-El and Hines Ward. It's really too early to say. Maybe he'll grow up. His brother doesn't cause too many problems

woodbuck27
06-11-2006, 06:48 PM
My concern is that if he doesn't get it screwed on better that title of a future article may read something like this:

Marcus Vick - wide and out !

He's a young man and here's hoping he realizes he's the biggest piece of - his puzzle.

the_idle_threat
06-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't think he really has the "desire" to be a WR. I think eventually he'll walk away just as Eric Crouch did.

I agree with this statement. The difference between Marcus "New Mexico" Vick and guys like Ward, Randle-El, and Jones is character---New Mexico doesn't have it. Sure, he could grow up fast, but in my experience, a leopard does not change his spots.