PDA

View Full Version : TRADE FAVRE TO DOLPHINS TODAY

falco
07-31-2008, 06:20 AM
trade for a conditional pick -

5th or 6th round if brett reports
3rd or 4th round pick if they make the playoffs
1st AND 2nd round pick if favre plays more than 2 games in Minnesota, Detroit, or Chicago this year :lol:

After that its not Green Bay's problem anymore, and Miami can play hardball with him w/o worrying about PR issues.

falco
07-31-2008, 06:23 AM
or any other team that could potentially use him

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
It would be nice, but other teams won't want this circus around either.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Because any other NFL team will immediately trade him to Minnesota for a 2nd round pick.

And no...Thompson won't be able to get another NFL team to accept a condition that they can't trade Favre to someone else...unless he gives Favre away for a cheese sandwich.

Charles Woodson
07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
This is a pointless thread

Buddy, TT cant trade him with out Favre's permission, so even if the dolphins did offer, Brett would decline it

Badgerinmaine
07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Is there any evidence Miami is interested?

boiga
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
This is a pointless thread

Buddy, TT cant trade him with out Favre's permission, so even if the dolphins did offer, Brett would decline itNow that he is reinstated, sure he can. There's no "no trade" clause in Brett's contract. So we can trade him to whomever we want, and all Brett can do is retire again.

If we wanted to screw over Favre, this would be the way to do it. The PR from royally screwing over Favre would be horrendous though, so that's its major downside.

Partial
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Because any other NFL team will immediately trade him to Minnesota for a 2nd round pick.

I doubt that. They'll burn their bridges with the Packers and the NFL is a small organization to say the least.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
If we wanted to screw over Favre, this would be the way to do it. The PR from royally screwing over Favre would be horrendous though, so that's its major downside.

I agree. Favre does not have a no trade clause.

The Packers could trade Favre anywhere they want...BUT...they won't get much of anything for him if they do, and the team they trade Favre to could immediately turn around and trade Favre to Minnesota for a much higher pick.

It would make Green Bay look utterly stupid, which is why it isn't happening.

boiga
07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree. Favre does not have a no trade clause.

The Packers could trade Favre anywhere they want...BUT...they won't get much of anything for him if they do, and the team they trade Favre to could immediately turn around and trade Favre to Minnesota for a much higher pick.

It would make Green Bay look utterly stupid, which is why it isn't happening.Leaper, why are you so certain that the Packers can't write in a "poison pill" into the trade agreement that would force the other team to give up multiple high draft picks if Favre plays for another team this year?

Poison Pills aren't exactly standard practice, but there is nothing in the regulations barring them to my knowledge.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Leaper, why are you so certain that the Packers can't write in a "poison pill" into the trade agreement that would force the other team to give up multiple high draft picks if Favre plays for another team this year?

They can...I agree.

However, other teams aren't likely to want it. If they are forced to take it, they will reduce their offer because of it. That is my point. Just because WE would want it doesn't mean THEY would want it. We aren't likely to get much for Favre at this point regardless, so lowering the price further isn't wise IMO.

Dabaddestbear
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
The Packers will get no more than a 4th rounder from any team but the Vikings, who might give up as much as a 3rd. Burt the reason why he isnt just shipped to any team out there is because if he doesnt agree to it then he will just retire again. Why do you think Tampa and the Jets dont have him by now?

3irty1
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
The Packers will get no more than a 4th rounder from any team but the Vikings, who might give up as much as a 3rd. Burt the reason why he isnt just shipped to any team out there is because if he doesnt agree to it then he will just retire again. Why do you think Tampa and the Jets dont have him by now?

Because he won't talk to their front office to make his contract fit.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 12:20 PM
It would be nice, but other teams won't want this circus around either.

exactly. And what's the point? Favre shows up with bad attitude, they release him.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Why do you think Tampa and the Jets dont have him by now?

FAvre refuses to talk to them.

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Why do you think Tampa and the Jets dont have him by now?

FAvre refuses to talk to them.

Kinda makes the whole "All he wants to do is play" arguement a load of BS, doesn't it?

Pacopete4
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE FUCKING GREEN BAY MOTHERFUCKING PACKERS!!!!!.... my god you guys.. he doesnt wanna be anywhere else... all the rumors about the other teams are a joke, the only reason Minny is in this is to get the pack to do something

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 01:39 PM
HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE FUCKING GREEN BAY MOTHERFUCKING PACKERS!!!!!.... my god you guys.. he doesnt wanna be anywhere else... all the rumors about the other teams are a joke, the only reason Minny is in this is to get the pack to do something

you might be completely correct Paco, and there is certainly much truth in what you say. But you don't really know what his interest in MN is. That's between Favre & Brad Childress. :lol:

Pacopete4
07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
haha Harlan... I know you hate me for saying my source but he told me that he wants to play for minny about 3 weeks ago due to the way the packers were treating him but when it comes down to it, all he wants to do is be a Packer and finish his career.. like i said take that for what its worth because it came from a person who hears it from Deanna perspective

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 01:41 PM

Maybe Favre wants to play for the Vikings too?? Even he knows by now he's not going to be the starter in Green Bay anymore barring injury. If all he wanted to do is play for Green Bay and nobody else then he would have dropped it and stayed retired when told that wasn't going to happen. Now he has an agenda. He wants to play, but only for a certain team. It's more than just wanting to play now.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
haha Harlan... I know you hate me for saying my source but he told me that he wants to play for minny about 3 weeks ago due to the way the packers were treating him but when it comes down to it, all he wants to do is be a Packer and finish his career.. like i said take that for what its worth because it came from a person who hears it from Deanna perspective

I believe you. But that does't meant he won't be going back to wanting MN after he gets a sniff of the reality of life on the Packers.

Pacopete4
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
he plans on coming to camp and playing so good they cant keep him out... thats his goal right now..