PDA

View Full Version : What should TT do?

packrulz
07-31-2008, 06:42 AM
I vote trade Favre to the viqueens or Bears, he needs to end this now.

Bossman641
07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
I vote trade Favre to the viqueens or Bears, he needs to end this now.

Have him work out while he continues to explore trade options. Favre has to understand he's not going to the Bears or Vikings, it's just not gonna happen.

TT should ask Favre, again, for a list 8 teams he'd play for. If Favre refuses to give him a list or gives him a list that simply says Minnesota, TT should tell Favre to have fun riding stationary bikes and throwing passes to 7th string wideouts for the rest of TC.

Lurker64
07-31-2008, 07:09 AM
The Packers have to call Favre's bluff. If he won't talk to teams interested in trading for him, bring him to camp, install him as the backup, and let him stew. If Rodger's stinks or gets hurt, he gets to start, but not otherwise. If he makes trouble fine or suspend him as is appropriate.

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 08:13 AM
The Packers have to call Favre's bluff. If he won't talk to teams interested in trading for him, bring him to camp, install him as the backup, and let him stew. If Rodger's stinks or gets hurt, he gets to start, but not otherwise. If he makes trouble fine or suspend him as is appropriate.

I agree, let's suck it up, sit arod down and have a nice talk and lets all play nice and get this off the front page already.

Spaulding
07-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Let him compete. May the best QB win and help make this team even better. Flat out, winning will cure whatever chaos/division currently exists within the team on this matter.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Brett Favre will be showing up this Friday in Green Bay. Brett will be joining his teammates 4 the 2008 Green bay Packer Season.

From his official site.

Fritz
07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Trade him to Minnesota. I'm at the point where I think Favre's negatives will outweigh his positives. They'd be getting a 38 year old guy who's been working out with a high school team in the offseason, who doesn't know the players in the system, doesn't yet know the terminology, who needs a coach who's got the cojones to keep him in line, and may want to play next year...or maybe not. Or maybe.

MOBB DEEP
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Let him compete. May the best QB win and help make this team even better. Flat out, winning will cure whatever chaos/division currently exists within the team on this matter.

RIGHT, like ANY franchise would do/think...

no brainer

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Trade him to Minnesota. I'm at the point where I think Favre's negatives will outweigh his positives. They'd be getting a 38 year old guy who's been working out with a high school team in the offseason, who doesn't know the players in the system, doesn't yet know the terminology, who needs a coach who's got the cojones to keep him in line, and may want to play next year...or maybe not. Or maybe.

I agree.

The Vikings are the only team you will get anything of value for Favre from. If you are so convinced that Rodgers is your boy, trading Favre to the Vikings shouldn't be seen as ridiculous if you get appropriate value in return.

Personally, I'd let him compete...but I know Green Bay isn't going to do that.

Pugger
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I like the idea I heard on local talk radio here in GB yesterday: Trade Brett and Ryan Grant to the queens for Peterson! :satan:

gex
07-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Let the man compete or trade him. If tt or management(I won't say Packers) don't open it up for competition, they really are protecting the Annoited One.

mraynrand
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Funny, what TT is most likely to do, isn't on the list. He's going to make Favre practice alone, not let him compete and not trade him for anything short of a Hershel Walker deal. Favre will act like an asshat until he gets tired of it and will slink back to the barn, the tractor, and Dianna "My Brett...."

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Funny, what TT is most likely to do, isn't on the list. He's going to make Favre practice alone, not let him compete and not trade him for anything short of a Hershel Walker deal. Favre will act like an asshat until he gets tired of it and will slink back to the barn, the tractor, and Dianna "My Brett...."

If Favre is in camp...in ANY capacity...and Rodgers struggles, then TT is the one to blame for the distraction and outcry that results.

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Let the man compete or trade him. If tt or management(I won't say Packers) don't open it up for competition, they really are protecting the Annoited One.

for the 800th time you would never accept it if rodgers won the competition therefore there is no winning situation for MM in a competition.

Tarlam!
07-31-2008, 12:00 PM

If Favre is in camp...in ANY capacity...and Rodgers struggles, then TT is the one to blame for the distraction and outcry that results.

Well, at least you're consistent, Leaper. This post reminds me of that old avatar of yours, the fart powered bicycle.

TT isn't to blame if A-Rod struggles. The distractions were started, accelerated and fueled ongoingly by the Favre Camp. No doubt Brett signed off on all the cockamamie activities included e.g. lying about, leaking info about, bad-mouthing, threatening the team you claim to be a fan of.

Apart from that, what Lurker said.

oregonpackfan
07-31-2008, 12:03 PM

I agree. With the announced "retirement" by Favre last March and the drafting of 2 young QB's the Packers have already committed to Aaron Rodgers.

If Favre wishes to be the backup, he has to act as a professional and swallow his pride for the team. He needs to keep himself in shape and practice hard so if he is needed, he is ready to play.

gex
07-31-2008, 12:05 PM

for the 800th time you would never accept it if rodgers won the competition therefore there is no winning situation for MM in a competition.

And you and others will probably type it 800 more times trying to convince/sway any of us to see it your way(the wrong way :lol: ),and in the end no one will be moved. 8-)

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
I think TT should go hire a couple of GB hookers and relax for a day.

Tarlam!
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
If Favre wishes to be the backup, he has to act as a professional and swallow his pride for the team.

Oh, I get it, OPF. You're suggesting he compete with Brohm to see who gets the #2 QB spot!

Now, that's really sneaky. I don't even think TT has thought of that!

gex
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Besides that, We have all seen how you all are when sombody changes their mind on something :shock: :no:

Tarlam!
07-31-2008, 12:08 PM
I think TT should go hire a couple of GB hookers and relax for a day.

I couldn't find any when I was there. Prolly cause I kept falling asleep, drunk.

oregonpackfan
07-31-2008, 12:20 PM
If Favre wishes to be the backup, he has to act as a professional and swallow his pride for the team.

Oh, I get it, OPF. You're suggesting he compete with Brohm to see who gets the #2 QB spot!

I was not suggesting Favre "compete" with Brian Brohm. Clearly a rookie QB would not be in the same class as a veteran QB as Favre.

From what I have read, Brohm is highly intelligent and has picked up the system quickly. In addition, the offense he ran at Louisville was very similar to the offense many pro teams use.

When thrust into a starting role at the pro level, rookie QB's have had a dismal success rate like Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Akili Smith...

Favre would clearly be the #2 quarterback(if he returns) with Brohm most likely being the #3 QB.

Tarlam!
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Umm, OPF, I was just pulling your chain!

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM
the options are not mutually exclusive.

They can do some combination of the first and last options, depending on Favre's evolving attitude.

mraynrand
07-31-2008, 12:45 PM

TT is responsible for everything happening with the football operations. Favre wants to start somewhere with a chance to win it all - seemingly only MN and Chicago. TT wants Favre to disappear. Both have to do whatever they can to bring that about. TT has to humiliate Favre and Favre has to be a complete asshole to get what he wants

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 12:54 PM
How about another option........... Trade Aaron Rogers. Considering how much faith Thompson and M3 have in him, he must be worth at least two 1st round picks. :roll:

packers11
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
How about another option........... Trade Aaron Rogers. Considering how much faith Thompson and M3 have in him, he must be worth at least two 1st round picks. :roll:

He would have to make it through preseason without getting hurt... :wink:

boiga
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
How about another option........... Trade Aaron Rogers. Considering how much faith Thompson and M3 have in him, he must be worth at least two 1st round picks. :roll:Actually, Rodgers WOULD be worth considerably more than Favre right now in the trade market. He's a young quarterback who can start immediately and offer a team the potential to have a franchise qb for the next decade. Favre isn't worth much because everyone knows he'll only be around for a year or two.

Ironically, this is the same reason the Packers don't want him back... who'd figure that Ted sees the situation the same as every other GM out there.

Rodgers would probably trade for a 1st and 4th, where as we'll be lucky to get just the 4th for Favre.

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM

He would have to make it through preseason without getting hurt... :wink:

Oh yeah, forgot about that.............better just try to get a single 1st rounder out of him then. :lol:

packers11
07-31-2008, 12:59 PM
In all seriousness... I've never seen fans turn on an iconic legend so quick...

If Rodgers gets hurt (which i hope to god he doesn't) but if he did. And I was Favre, I would tell the packers to go fuck themselves when they came back crawling to me...

mraynrand
07-31-2008, 01:14 PM
I doubt Rodgers could get a #3 pick. The guy has nothing on his resume.

boiga
07-31-2008, 01:19 PM
I doubt Rodgers could get a #3 pick. The guy has nothing on his resume.Neither does any 1st round draft pick. Aaron's basically a 1st round draft who's already up to speed on the pro level.

Plus the big thing driving down Favre's value is the fact that GB no longer wants him. Other gms would trust M3's evaluation of Rodgers more than fans do.

gex
07-31-2008, 08:13 PM
In all seriousness... I've never seen fans turn on an iconic legend so quick...

If Rodgers gets hurt (which i hope to god he doesn't) but if he did. And I was Favre, I would tell the packers to go fuck themselves when they came back crawling to me...

Its only a very vocal, small minority that badmouths him & doesn't want him to compete.(the Justin Harrel club)

boiga
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Its only a very vocal, small minority that badmouths him & doesn't want him to compete.(the Justin Harrel club) I don't want to him to compete, but I don't think I'm bad mouthing his legacy. I just think that Favre competing for the starting position would tear the team and fan base apart for zero net gain.

Is it bad mouthing to state my opinion that Favre's the greatest quarterback I've ever seen but he's been acting like a douche lately?

MOBB DEEP
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM

That my brett line is funny

Packers4Ever
07-31-2008, 08:32 PM

Man oh man, you guys are getting tough ! :P
As I understand it, it's not so much that Brett won't talk to
teams possibly needing some help, it's that there haven't
really been any takers - not so far anyway. Somewhere in
here there's a post about TT's asking price, a bit high...
a no. 1 to begin with plus another a little lower.

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Man oh man, you guys are getting tough ! :P
As I understand it, it's not so much that Brett won't talk to
teams possibly needing some help, it's that there haven't
really been any takers - not so far anyway. Somewhere in
here there's a post about TT's asking price, a bit high...
a no. 1 to begin with plus another a little lower.

It's hard to know what to believe, but the general consensus is that the Packers have given the Jets and Bucs permission to speak to Favre and his agent, and up until this point he has denied them the opportunity. There's a report out tonight though that Bus Cook has been talking to the Jets today.

The Gunshooter
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM

Well, at least you're consistent, Leaper. This post reminds me of that old avatar of yours, the fart powered bicycle.

TT isn't to blame if A-Rod struggles. The distractions were started, accelerated and fueled ongoingly by the Favre Camp. No doubt Brett signed off on all the cockamamie activities included e.g. lying about, leaking info about, bad-mouthing, threatening the team you claim to be a fan of.

Apart from that, what Lurker said.

If their was such a thing as a fart powered bicycle they would be very popular.