PDA

View Full Version : Favre WILL report On Friday

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Brett Favre will be showing up this Friday in Green Bay. Brett will be joining his teammates 4 the 2008 Green bay Packer Season.

Per his official site.

Thankfully, Ill be on vacation, far away from this circus....but part of me wishes I could see it....

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I think we all need a vaca from this.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Ok....so how does GB handle this?

Oh, and what happened to Favre not wanting to disrupt the team?

MOBB DEEP
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
mm has a clandestine plan

Fritz
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
So all those years of saying "I'll play til I can't do it any more or until they don't want me," and "Javon Walker should be thinking about the team" - That was all a load of hooey, then?

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
So all those years of saying "I'll play til I can't do it any more or until they don't want me," and "Javon Walker should be thinking about the team" - That was all a load of hooey, then?

And "I don't want to do anything that will disrupt the team."

and "Packer for life"

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm not missing this practice!!

Fritz
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
If he'd have stayed "un-retired" back in April when TT and MM were ready to fly down to meet him and finalize his "comeback," none of this would be happening.

Or would it? If Favre was that conflicted - all the way through May - how do we know the guy wouldn't have felt regret that he'd come back? It's not like he hasn't changed his mind before. And before. And before.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
If he'd have stayed "un-retired" back in April when TT and MM were ready to fly down to meet him and finalize his "comeback," none of this would be happening.

Or would it? If Favre was that conflicted - all the way through May - how do we know the guy wouldn't have felt regret that he'd come back? It's not like he hasn't changed his mind before. And before. And before.

And how do we know, that if we bring him back, in Aug, he changes his mind again?

motife
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
I think the best solution is to keep him as a backup.

Favre would need to rein in his ego though.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM

I think that is the WORST solution.

Rodgers will struggle at times...and having Favre on the sidelines is not a good idea. If Favre is on the roster, he should be the starter...and Rodgers should be the capable guy ready to come in. It worked last year to the tune of 13-3. Why fuck with that?

boiga
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM

Favre would need to rein in his ego though.I'd agree if I thought that Brett was capable of that at this point. If he starts encouraging other players to stop backing Rodgers or supporting McCarthy, then he can't be allowed in there.

dabootski
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
not that its a huge deal or anything, but i've yet to find anywhere on his official site (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com) where it says anything about him reporting to camp friday.

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM

I agree. Just way too much of a distraction. Fans would be calling for Favre to go in after one bad game by Rodgers. Seemingly forgetting how much they used to scream at Favre during his first couple of years in the league.

On the other hand, if Rodgers goes down...you have Favre right there to come in. That's not a half bad scenario, either.

Packerarcher
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Well guys and Gals not that this will bother most of you. But I will be incommunicotto for a few weeks. The family and I are moving to Wyoming and leaving today. Once we get settled in the new house I have a bunch bow hunts to go on and will not be back home for more than a day or two until about the end of December. Good luck to all except Herrell on here and TT. As you all know I will be cheering for Brett no matter where he ends up. But mark my words Rodgers = 8-8 at best with AROD going down by game 5. Brett starting for the Pack if that's possible they win the division at least and probably goto the superbowl if MM coaches better in the playoffs this year.

boiga
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Well guys and Gals not that this will bother most of you. But I will be incommunicotto for a few weeks. The family and I are moving to Wyoming and leaving today. Once we get settled in the new house I have a bunch bow hunts to go on and will not be back home for more than a day or two until about the end of December. Good luck to all except Herrell on here and TT. As you all know I will be cheering for Brett no matter where he ends up. But mark my words Rodgers = 8-8 at best with AROD going down by game 5. Brett starting for the Pack if that's possible they win the division at least and probably goto the superbowl if MM coaches better in the playoffs this year.Good luck moving archer.

May your journey to wyoming give you much needed perspective on the Favre situation. :wink:

Spaulding
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Well guys and Gals not that this will bother most of you. But I will be incommunicotto for a few weeks. The family and I are moving to Wyoming and leaving today. Once we get settled in the new house I have a bunch bow hunts to go on and will not be back home for more than a day or two until about the end of December. Good luck to all except Herrell on here and TT. As you all know I will be cheering for Brett no matter where he ends up. But mark my words Rodgers = 8-8 at best with AROD going down by game 5. Brett starting for the Pack if that's possible they win the division at least and probably goto the superbowl if MM coaches better in the playoffs this year.

PackerArcher, we've disagreed on most points here (although I do hope Brett gets his chance to compete for the starting QB position) but good luck in Wyoming - great state outside of the feed lots :)

Actually just got back from Yellowstone and drove through Sheridan/Gillette, etc on Sunday and it never gets old seeing the snow capped mountains.

You're a lucky man provided you get the NFL ticket so you can watch the games.

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 10:55 AM

Good luck in WY, Archer. Hopefully when you return the Packers will be riding into the playoffs on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers. :glug:

oregonpackfan
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Well guys and Gals not that this will bother most of you. But I will be incommunicotto for a few weeks. The family and I are moving to Wyoming and leaving today. Once we get settled in the new house I have a bunch bow hunts to go on and will not be back home for more than a day or two until about the end of December.

Many years ago, a friend and I went on a week long backpacking trip in the Wind River Range in Wyoming. It was the most beautiful and breathtaking trip I have ever taken. We started out at 9,500' and went as high as 12,000' in crossing the Continental Divide.

The trip gave me lifelong memories.

MTPackerfan
07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
not that its a huge deal or anything, but i've yet to find anywhere on his official site (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com) where it says anything about him reporting to camp friday.

It was stated by his pilot in the forums. His pilot has been pretty reliable about his information, so I think it is probably likely to happen.

mraynrand
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM

I'm a little jealous. Love Wyoming. Sheridan, the Big Horn mountains - take me back!!! Their pro football team in Cheyenne sucks, though.

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM

Rodgers will struggle at times...and having Favre on the sidelines is not a good idea. If Favre is on the roster, he should be the starter...and Rodgers should be the capable guy ready to come in. It worked last year to the tune of 13-3. Why fuck with that?

I agree it'll suck, but I think that is exactly what they are going to do. If they are willing to pay him 20 mill to sit, they don't care if he fakes an injury, they just put him on IR and send him home. If he is a problem they take action...if he is a good backup...bonus, win for everyone. By regular season the fuss will die down and if ARod can handle all the pressure we got a good one on our hands.

gex
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM

I agree it'll suck, but I think that is exactly what they are going to do. If they are willing to pay him 20 mill to sit, they don't care if he fakes an injury, they just put him on IR and send him home. If he is a problem they take action...if he is a good backup...bonus, win for everyone. By regular season the fuss will die down and if ARod can handle all the pressure we got a good one on our hands.

I just don't see it/can't fathom the thought of making your MVP of the team the year before, a back-up. Not to mention tt/mm would effectivly do what no other human,mortal or scheme could ever do...........end the starting game streak. :shock:

gex
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:49 PM
So is the flight cancelled, like the other thread, or is it still on, like this thread?

Brando19
So is the flight cancelled, like the other thread, or is it still on, like this thread?

:lol:

Chevelle2

Oh cmon!! :lol:

Packers4Ever
07-31-2008, 10:23 PM

I know what you're saying, Leaper, but it's too late for that now.
How many times in the past few weeks have we heard TT/MM say Rodgers
is their man? I doubt they'll go back on that.

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM

The flight has been grounded. Favre is still in Mississippi. It doesn't sound like he'll make the trip up to Green Bay until Goodell announces his reinstatement.

CaliforniaCheez
07-31-2008, 10:29 PM
There are no sure things in this saga.

Packers4Ever
07-31-2008, 10:38 PM

No Fritz, I feel Favre really meant it at the time
it was said - he's not the 'sugarcoating' kind, I
don't think. Times change as well as feelings
and situations and although you and I may think
it was a load of hooey now, we might
need to adjust too.

The Gunshooter
07-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Favre? No problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhlyXQeAL0

Packers4Ever
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM

I just visited his official website too and I'll just bet Brett didn't make it to
Green Bay tonight for fear of him showing up at TC tomorrow and
turning it into a circus. That's why Goodell's kept hedging all week long.

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM

I just don't see it/can't fathom the thought of making your MVP of the team the year before, a back-up. Not to mention tt/mm would effectivly do what no other human,mortal or scheme could ever do...........end the starting game streak. :shock:

They didn't make the MVP the backup, the MVP did. they aren't ending the streak, he is. You have to realize that all of this is reaction to BF and they are basically drawing a line. I think he had all the way to OTA's to report and he would have been fine....the minute he didn't put in the work he became the backup, HIS CHOICE.

cpk1994
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
not that its a huge deal or anything, but i've yet to find anywhere on his official site (http://www.officialbrettfavre.com) where it says anything about him reporting to camp friday.IT be kinda of hard to report just yet as HE HASN"T BEEN REINSTATED BY THE COMMSIH.

GBRulz
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm guessing it was a forum post by DavidPHX, Brett's pilot. Nothing official, of course.

cpk1994
08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm guessing it was a forum post by DavidPHX, Brett's pilot. Nothing official, of course.What, Scott Favre didn't want to run his mouth today?