PDA

View Full Version : Geezer Wisdom: It Happens, Folks

Maxie the Taxi
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Here are two great takes on the Favre thing that you might have missed (I did):

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/genemueller/25390864.html

Key quotes:

"The point here is fairly obvious--even the most beloved Packers sometimes moved on after their Green Bay glory. Not all of them, mind you, but enough to remind us that while what's going on right now with Brett Favre is unpleasant, it is not at all unprecedented."

"It's not that anyone begrudges Favre what he wants--it's how he's trying to achieve it that's so...galling."

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/genemueller/25473029.html

Key quote:

"Who is Brett Favre?

"There'd been a time when he was a beloved quarterback who was someone I'd be happy to have my son emulate in terms of work ethic, perseverance, durability, and 'real-guy' charisma. But now, I'm not sure who he is.

"And, I'm not even positive I care that he might not be in Green Bay anymore."

Unlike the author, I am positive how I feel.

I don't ever want to see Favre wearing a Packer uniform again. Period.

And, if he has the brass to set foot on Lambeau Field wearing another NFL team's jersey, I could give a damn. He'd just be another guy I'd like to see Hawk blitz, sack for a loss or hurry for an interception.

End of story.

prsnfoto
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
First we would need a coach who has enough fucking brains to blitz Hawk. The organization is the laughing stock of the NFL right now maybe they will offer me 20 million to stop talking mean about them.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
This is funny.

So watching your team offer Favre $20M not to play while Ryan Grant is missing camp after being offered $1.75M to play is your idea of the Packer way?

LMAO

Fritz
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
First we would need a coach who has enough fucking brains to blitz Hawk. The organization is the laughing stock of the NFL right now maybe they will offer me 20 million to stop talking mean about them.

Yes, everybody's laughing at the Packer organization. Matt Millen is cracking up in Detroit over how badly the Packers have done. Al Davis in Oakland is slapping a knee at how crappy the Packers were last year. The Arizona Cardinals's owner Bill Bidwell is snorting at the meager talent the Packers have. The Vikings' brass is in stitches over how dominating they've been over the Packers the last ten years - they laugh as they gaze at their trophy cabinet.

Yup. Stupid Packers. Bunch of screw ups.

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM

Yes, everybody's laughing at the Packer organization. Matt Millen is cracking up in Detroit over how badly the Packers have done. Al Davis in Oakland is slapping a knee at how crappy the Packers were last year. The Arizona Cardinals's owner Bill Bidwell is snorting at the meager talent the Packers have. The Vikings' brass is in stitches over how dominating they've been over the Packers the last ten years - they laugh as they gaze at their trophy cabinet.

Yup. Stupid Packers. Bunch of screw ups.

I'm not smart enough for clappy hands, but you beat me to this post....some people...usually liberals....believe so firmly in their methods that results be damned. Me? I'm smart enough to figure out that if I'm failing and the guy next door is succeeding he might be on to something. No smarter, no dumber.

Tarlam!
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Sorry Maxi, I don't share your disregard for Favre.

I think he's being a naughty little boy mind, and he deserves to be spanked by TT, but not thrown out of the family. He seems to be going through early menopause or what the Germans call "Torschlusspanik ".

If it weren't so potentially damaging to the team, I'd actually think this was pretty entertaining.