PDA

View Full Version : Is TT's phone ringin'??

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
GARCIA SUFFERS LEG INJURY
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 10:45 a.m. EDT

Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field today with an apparent leg injury.

WDAE has a photo showing Garcia, still wearing his helmet and shoulder pads, sitting next to a Bucs trainer in a golf cart.

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Garcia was injured during a non-contact drill. (We’re glad for the “non-contact” clarification. If Bucs coach Jon Gruden were putting Garcia through contact drills, he might as well hang a “Welcome Brett Favre” banner at Bucs camp.)

Per Stroud, Garcia felt discomfort in his right leg as he was rolling out and throwing, and he was seen limping toward the locker room.

Defensive tackle Jovan Haye, who started all 16 games for the Bucs last year, left practice with an apparent groin injury.

boiga
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm feeling ashamed, my first reaction was "SWEET, now we can get rid of him!" even though Garcia seems like a stand up guy.

Still, if Brett's papers are in, maybe we can just divert his plane to Tampa Bay?

Nevertheless, get well soon Jeff.

Spaulding
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
This reaks (sp?) of conspiracy. Bucs have been interested and listed as a trade destination. We're getting short at DT and could always use another body.

Methinks the National Enquirer will post a trade where the Bucs get Favre and we get a faking Haye and a conditional draft choice.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Man, I like Garica....maybe we can get him in the deal?

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
This is better than any daytime soap opera, that's for sure.

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Reportedly, Brett has refused a trade to Tampa Bay--which makes no sense unless he wants to go to Minnesota. Tampa Bay would be an ideal fit for him.

boiga
07-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Reportedly, Brett has refused a trade to Tampa Bay--which makes no sense unless he wants to go to Minnesota. Tampa Bay would be an ideal fit for him.There was that rumor a week or two ago from another "source close to Favre" that Tampa was too hot for him...

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Reportedly, Brett has refused a trade to Tampa Bay--which makes no sense unless he wants to go to Minnesota. Tampa Bay would be an ideal fit for him.There was that rumor a week or two ago from another "source close to Favre" that Tampa was too hot for him...

yes, to me one of the funniest moments of this saga.

Fosco33
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Or how about the report that Dallas is looking to get Simms? Appears a QB would be needed in Tampa... :roll:

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Is TT's phone ringing? Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. But I bet ya his fucking ears are ringing!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lurker64
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Is TT's phone ringing? Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. But I bet ya his fucking ears are ringing!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes no sense.

K-town
07-31-2008, 02:12 PM

That makes no sense.

When your "ears are ringing", according to an old wive's tale, it means that someone, somewhere is talking about you. I'd venture to say that someone, somewhere is talking about TT.

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Indeed.

boiga
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
GARCIA HAS CALF STRAIN
Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2008, 5:27 p.m.

According to our friends at Pewter Report, the leg injury suffered during practice on Thursday by Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was a strained calf muscle.

“Jeff Garcia strained his calf,” coach Jon Gruden said. “We don’t believe it is serious.”

The Green Bay Packers likely wished it were serious, since it might have prompted the Bucs to offer a significant draft pick to the Pack and a pile of money to you-know-who.

Elsewhere in Bucs land, defensive tackle Jovan Haye has a pulled groin (heh-heh, heh), and will undergo an MRI.

That's nice for the Bucs but a down right shame for us.