PDA

View Full Version : Favre explains his reasoning to the media!

boiga
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Favre: I've Always Had A Passion For Stopping Things, Then Starting To Do Things Again

KILN, MS—Embattled quarterback Brett Favre attempted Monday to explain his recent actions concerning his recent reversal of his decision to retire by holding a press conference in which he explained his lifelong love for quitting things briefly before resuming those same things after a certain interval of time had passed. "I'm just that kind of guy, I guess—a gunslinger on one hand, but on the other, a man who knows when to stop, at least at first, but then it turns out I really didn't know when to stop after all," Favre said. "I guess you could say I'm a guy who quits, then realizes I don't know the meaning of the word quit." A number of the journalists present were later heard to wonder, in light of Favre's recent inexplicable behavior, if perhaps drinking heavily were one of the things the first-ballot Hall of Famer had stopped doing before starting again.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/favre_ive_always_had_a Now that's quality journalism.

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Does this mean he's taking up Vicodin and drinking again?

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
waitresses in Milwaukee Bars!??

RashanGary
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I think he's saying he's taking the money and running but trying to put a fake Favre spin that everyone will buy as being genuine.

Fritz
07-31-2008, 10:50 AM
"Favre: I've Always Had A Passion For Stopping Things, Then Starting To Do Things Again"

I wonder how Deanna likes that in the bedroom.

RashanGary
07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
haha, Fritz. . .

I can see it, "keep going, you idiot, ahhhh"

Bretsky
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
you guys do know that the Onion is a newpaper out of UW Madison that creates stories for entertainment that are completely untrue and often make fun of things.............right ??

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
you guys do know that the Onion is a newpaper out of UW Madison that creates stories for entertainment that are completely untrue and often make fun of things.............right ??Im beginning to think they don't.

boiga
07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
you guys do know that the Onion is a newpaper out of UW Madison that creates stories for entertainment that are completely untrue and often make fun of things.............right ??

Bretsky, that's completely untrue and I am offended that you would doubt the credibility of this highest class of journalism.

The Onion is a fine upstanding fake newspaper. And it's based out of NYC now; moved out of madison years ago.