PDA

View Full Version : Ari Fliescher? Really? Ari Fliescher?

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 12:34 PM
What, did Thompson need some pointers on how to lie to the public with a straight face?

SkinBasket
07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.theglasspeople.net/wp-images/lame.jpg

ND72
07-31-2008, 12:59 PM
What, did Thompson need some pointers on how to lie to the public with a straight face?

McCarthy's guest speaker, not TT

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 01:03 PM

yeah, well, M3 could use some pointers in that department too. But then I guess "Having a plan in place, should Favre return", could have meant trying to bribe him with 20 million to stay away from GB. :evil:

ND72
07-31-2008, 01:04 PM

yeah, well, M3 could use some pointers in that department too. But then I guess "Having a plan in place, should Favre return", could have meant trying to bribe him with 20 million to stay away from GB.

Pretty sure if you were the head coach of an NFL team, your "star" QB said he wishes they had hired someone else, you'd wanna tell him to go fly a kite.

packers11
07-31-2008, 01:06 PM

yeah, well, M3 could use some pointers in that department too. But then I guess "Having a plan in place, should Favre return", could have meant trying to bribe him with 20 million to stay away from GB. :evil:

yea seriously... Great plan MM/TT... What a joke...

ND72
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM

yea seriously... Great plan MM/TT... What a joke...

ok seriously....has the $20 million been confirmed by anyone important. And when I say important, I mean someone other than ESPN, or anyone OTHER than a "source close to Brett Favre"...cause pretty sure I could easily make shit up and send it to the newspaper.

AV David
07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Isn't it likely Ari Fleischer was brought in to teach the players how to "effectively" deal with the press?

Geez Louise, why do some ALWAYS see the sinister without even considering the benign?

Of course the answer is they are not objectively looking for facts, they are looking for pseudo facts they can put an ugly spin on to support there sometimes venal position.

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
ok seriously....has the $20 million been confirmed by anyone important. And when I say important, I mean someone other than ESPN, or anyone OTHER than a "source close to Brett Favre"...cause pretty sure I could easily make shit up and send it to the newspaper.

I don't know, lets just go with it for at least as long as we did with the cell phone rumor bs. It would only be fair. :roll:

ND72
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM

I don't know, lets just go with it for at least as long as we did with the cell phone rumor bs. It would only be fair. :roll:

:lol:

oregonpackfan
07-31-2008, 02:52 PM

I understand Bush's former press secretary, Scott McClellan, is available to lie to anyone who will listen and then write a book about it. :)

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM

you mean the rumors the packers came out the very next day and said weren't true? those rumors?? Just cuz you and the press ignored them doesn't mean they just went with it.

AV David
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
" I understand Bush's former press secretary, Scott McClellan, is available to lie to anyone who will listen and then write a book about it."

Or he could also be available to shine the harsh light of exposure upon a seemy and intentional violation of the public trust that killed 4,000 Americans and maimed tens of thousands of others.

It kind of depends upon your perspective.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM

yea seriously... Great plan MM/TT... What a joke...Murphy and the board are alledgedly the ones making the offer, not TT/M3.

boiga
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8401102/Former-White-House-aide-Fleischer-talks-PR-to-Pack

Former White House aide Fleischer talks PR to Pack
Updated: July 31, 2008, 7:56 PM EST
add this RSS blog email print
MILWAUKEE (AP) - With the Brett Favre saga turning into quite a public-relations pickle, it would be hard to blame the Green Bay Packers for calling in someone with significant experience in crisis management.

But it was just a coincidence that former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer was in town for a guest lecture to Packers players Thursday.

Fleischer, who has traveled to several NFL camps in recent weeks to explain the finer points of media relations to players, spoke for about an hour. The session was scheduled several weeks ago, before Favre and the Packers became locked in a showdown over the three-time MVP's football future.

And while Fleischer didn't focus on how players should handle the simmering controversy in interviews, the subject certainly came up.

"Obviously, it's a topic, and it wasn't ignored," Fleischer said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press Thursday night.

Fleischer, who served as White House press secretary for most of President Bush's first term, now is the president of Ari Fleischer Sports Communications, a joint venture with IMG.

His message to athletes?

"When you're on the field, you keep your head in the game and don't make mental mistakes," Fleischer said. "Don't go in the locker room and take your head out of the game."

Fleischer said Packers players paid attention.

"You can tell it in the way they were watching and listening," Fleischer said. "I was the last thing between them and lunch, and they stayed and paid attention."

Fleischer advised players that having a good relationship with the media can enhance their image and help their career. And he told them to be careful.

"They're also going to stir the pot," Fleischer said. "Don't take the bait."

Fleischer, an avid sports fan, said sports coverage can be just as intense as political coverage - especially in high-profile cases such as the Mitchell Report on performance-enhancing drugs in baseball and the death of filly Eight Belles at the Kentucky Derby.

And Fleischer acknowledged that sports metaphors have become ubiquitous in politics.

"At the podium, I always naturally spoke in sports metaphors," Fleischer said. "I remember going on the 'Today Show' during the recount in 2000, and saying, 'It's going into the 10th inning.' Little did I know it was going to go 18 innings."

Sounds like he gave a reasonably useful speech, actually. I hope they were listening as much as he thought they were.