PDA

View Full Version : Why do nearly all female packer fans support Favre?

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm not positive if my perception is correct, but Ziggy is the only female fan I have ever heard from that is not overwhelming supportive of giving Favre what he wants. That includes many fan interviews in the media.

They have the same information as everyone else. What is going on here?

The Leaper
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Women like tight jeans.

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I tried to think of a response that wasn't sexist but....no dice.

PackerBlues
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I dunno, maybe they think he has a nice butt. Did ya happen to see Deanna Favre's pooper when her and Brett were runnin the stairs at the highschool? NICE!!!!!! :twisted:

edited to add: (That wasn't to sexist was it?)

ND72
07-31-2008, 01:29 PM
So Tuesday while in Green Bay, we stopped & ate at hooters. Our waitress, who by the way, NOT good looking, but we got into talking about Favre. "Brett Favre could take me home and do whatever he wanted to do to me, and I'd be cool with it." (waitress obviously said)..."I love that grey hair, and scruff facial hair....."...and then she was just starring at the ceiling, I'm guessing picturing herself having sex with Brett Favre.....it was weird.

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 02:04 PM
So Tuesday while in Green Bay, we stopped & ate at hooters. Our waitress, who by the way, NOT good looking, but we got into talking about Favre. "Brett Favre could take me home and do whatever he wanted to do to me, and I'd be cool with it." (waitress obviously said)..."I love that grey hair, and scruff facial hair....."...and then she was just starring at the ceiling, I'm guessing picturing herself having sex with Brett Favre.....it was weird.

Hell...you have a "man-crush" on AJ Hawk. Whats so strange about her wanting to be......

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I dunno, maybe they think he has a nice butt. Did ya happen to see Deanna Favre's pooper when her and Brett were runnin the stairs at the highschool? NICE!!!!!! :twisted:

Pic or its not true.

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 02:15 PM

Pic or its not true.

Get NFLN, it was on at the top of every hour all night last night.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not positive if my perception is correct, but Ziggy is the only female fan I have ever heard from that is not overwhelming supportive of giving Favre what he wants. That includes many fan interviews in the media.

They don't understand the business aspect of the game, just the emotional.

ND72
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM

Hell...you have a "man-crush" on AJ Hawk. Whats so strange about her wanting to be......

AH....good point

woodbuck27
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM

Most females like Favre because they're smart.

They can enjoy him and set his style apart from the management approach since TT arrived.

MJ is different. MJ is just MJ and she's somehow drawn to TT's closeted approach. MJ is also a tad on the picky side or endeavouring perfection and Favre will never be about that or perfection. Favre is about entertainment and letting it all hang out and that excites a lot of women. Shit it excites a lot of men and that isn't good enough for the MJ types. **

** Really picky white collar type wanna be's. :D

imscott72
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM

Exactly right. My wife is all upset at the Packers too and doesn't understand why TT doesn't just let him play. I tried to explain the business side of it but she wants no part of hearing about it.. :roll:

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 02:47 PM

If Favre were Mexican or Latino, Zig would be changing her tune!! :lol:

Anyhow, Harlan, I don't agree with your statement at all. Most of us female rats here all agree that Favre went about this the wrong way and we're sick of dealing with it, as with everyone else. We wished he would have stayed retired and we fully support Rodgers. What upsets us is the way some of you feel the need to constantly bash Favre. Before he retired, I don't know of one person here who was hoping he wouldn't come back. JH excluded. Now with the whole situation, people suddenly say he's a bad teammate, can't win big games, blah blah blah. THAT is what upsets me personally, and I'm pretty sure 007 is in the same boat as me. It's because she's smart like that :wink:

oregonpackfan
07-31-2008, 02:48 PM

Mosy female like Favre because they're smart.

They can enjoy him and set his style apart from the management approach since TT arrived to shelve him.

MJ is different. MJ is just MJ and she's somehow drawn to TT's closeted approach. MJ is also a tad on the picky side or endeavouring perfection and Favre will never be about that. Favre is about entertainment and letting it all hang out and that excites a lot of women. Shit it excites a lot of men and that isn't good enough for the MJ types. **

:D

Woodbuck,

Have you ever met or talked with MJ?

Well, I had to opportunity to meet her and get to know her at last year's PackerRats gathering. She is a highly intelligent woman who knows more about football than a lot of men including the majority of male posters on this forum.

She has her own reasoned insights about Favre, regardless of her gender.

hoosier
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM

It must be hysteria. Shrinks have always associated hysteria with the fairer sex. Now, I don't know any of the female posters well enough to call them hysterics, but in another thread PackerBlues (no offense intended) certainly seems to fit the bill:

OR The Packers organization needs to admit that Thompson and Murphy (to a lesser extent) have turned the Packers into an embarrassment to their fans.................and just fire both of them.......and their negotiator, just for good measure.

bobblehead
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM

Only an unmarried gay man would even muse such a question....find a chic, live with her, then ask about why they are making the irrational choice.

packinpatland
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM

Anyhow, Harlan, I don't agree with your statement at all. Most of us female rats here all agree that Favre went about this the wrong way and we're sick of dealing with it, as with everyone else. We wished he would have stayed retired and we fully support Rodgers. What upsets us is the way some of you feel the need to constantly bash Favre. Before he retired, I don't know of one person here who was hoping he wouldn't come back. JH excluded. Now with the whole situation, people suddenly say he's a bad teammate, can't win big games, blah blah blah. THAT is what upsets me personally, and I'm pretty sure 007 is in the same boat as me. It's because she's smart like that :wink:

I'm in agreement here.^

All I know for sure is this.......when MJ gets home from work......you guys aren't going to know what hit you..... :lol:

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Key phrase in this statement - "Before he retired..." Things have changed since then.

I don't blame Favre for changing his mind. We all do sometimes, and I don't place blame for that. But if all he wanted to do was play football this year, he wouldn't be blocking trades to Tampa or New York. It seems he has a greater agenda than simply playing football. I'm not 100% sure what that agenda is, but the most likely scenario is that he wanted to go play for the Vikings. That pisses me off big time, because after 16 HOF seasons as a Packer he should know better than to try and force a release so he can go play for an archrival.

That's not good for the Packers, and if he were really a Packer for life he'd understand that. My guess is he actually DOES understand that, but wants to do it anyway. That comes across as spiteful, and I have lost respect for him because of it. There would be far less Favre bashing around here if what he was doing didn't come across as a slap in the face to everything we are trying to do as a football team right now, which is make a smooth transition from Favre to Rodgers. A smooth transition seems almost impossible now, and Favre deserves a healthy share of the blame for that.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
All I know for sure is this.......when MJ gets home from work......you guys aren't going to know what hit you..... :lol:

I can bring home the bacon...
Fry it up in a pan...
And never ever let you forget you're a man,
'Cause I'm a WOMAN...with Enjoli

http://www.angelfire.com/retro2/lisanostalgia/images/enjoli.jpg

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Gunakor, I think you missed my point. If you want to be pissed at Favre right now for his behavior, fine. So, does that mean it's ok to bash him for things not even related to this soap opera?

The general census of us before he retired all agreed he gave us our best chance to win, thought he really turned his play around, etc. Now, people are very bitter towards him and are throwing him under the bus for anything they can scrap at. Posting stupid stats of his career, negative games, etc.

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Fry it up in a pan...

Try and stick to the topic being discussed, will ya?

woodbuck27
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM

Most female like Favre because they're smart.

They can enjoy him and set his style apart from the management approach since TT arrived to shelve him.

MJ is different. MJ is just MJ and she's somehow drawn to TT's closeted approach. MJ is also a tad on the picky side or endeavouring perfection and Favre will never be about that. Favre is about entertainment and letting it all hang out, and that excites a lot of women. Shit it excites a lot of men and that isn't good enough for the MJ types. **

:D

Woodbuck,

Have you ever met or talked with MJ?

Well, I had to opportunity to meet her and get to know her at last year's PackerRats gathering. She is a highly intelligent woman who knows more about football than a lot of men including the majority of male posters on this forum.

She has her own reasoned insights about Favre, regardless of her gender.

Hey man. I observe people here really carefully and yes MJ certainly is bright. Know football? She's learning. She'll get there to I expect but she's a student like most of us. We do have people here that are stamped in dead smart on football.

MJ isn't one of them. She feels Favre has lost it.

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Gunakor, I think you missed my point. If you want to be pissed at Favre right now for his behavior, fine. So, does that mean it's ok to bash him for things not even related to this soap opera?

The general census of us before he retired all agreed he gave us our best chance to win, thought he really turned his play around, etc. Now, people are very bitter towards him and are throwing him under the bus for anything they can scrap at. Posting stupid stats of his career, negative games, etc.

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."

Well, he hasn't done a whole lot this offseason to show he's committed to winning. That's part of what I mean when I say things have changed since his retirement. Rodgers has put in the work required of the starting QB position where Favre has not. So I don't think it's unfair to call him out on it.

Remember that the last time he refused to put in the offseason work he didn't have such a great season. His greatest seasons came after MM and MH made him come to MC and put in the work. He hasn't done it this year, so I'd expect a season resembling other seasons where he didn't do it - which is to say, not so hot. My feelings have changed on this matter since March because of how things have played out since. Things have changed since his retirement. So I can't speak for others, but this is where I'm at.

3irty1
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
This is observation by Harlan is completely true.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Fry it up in a pan...

Try and stick to the topic being discussed, will ya?

It was related to Pack's post about MJ.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 06:18 PM

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."You don't have to scrap for anything to throw Favre under the bus for, he is doing a great job of supplying that stuff, thank you very much. To the orginal point of the thread its all about slurping Favre's salami.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Now, people are very bitter towards him and are throwing him under the bus for anything they can scrap at. Posting stupid stats of his career, negative games, etc.

I was not bitter towards Favre when the drama began. In fact, I defended him - so what, he changed his mind. I was hoping until very recently that he would come to camp as #2, and possibly move into the starting job.

I have grown increasingly angry at what I believe is his unreasonable sense of entitlement. When he sniffed at the Tampa trade, I realized he is bent on a slash and burn strategy.

We all make decisions in our lives that we have to live with. Favre made some decisions that caused him to lose his starting position with GB. Its totally cool that he should ask for his job back, but if the team has other plans, he should accept the consequences and figure out a plan B. That's life. But he lives in a Prima Donna dream world.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Now, people are very bitter towards him and are throwing him under the bus for anything they can scrap at. Posting stupid stats of his career, negative games, etc.

I was not bitter towards Favre when the drama began. In fact, I defended him - so what, he changed his mind. I was hoping until very recently that he would come to camp as #2, and possibly move into the starting job.

I have grown increasingly angry at what I believe is his unreasonable sense of entitlement. When he sniffed at the Tampa trade, I realized he is bent on a slash and burn strategy.

We all make decisions in our lives that we have to live with. Favre made some decisions that caused him to lose his starting position with GB. Its totally cool that he should ask for his job back, but if the team has other plans, he should accept the consequences and figure out a plan B. That's life. But he lives in a Prima Donna dream world.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

MJZiggy
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Ok, I'm home,

PIP, how am I supposed to hand it to them if you guys have already covered it all?

GBR, Let's not make assumptions...Always remember Jeff Garcia does nothing for me. (and neither does Jerry for that matter--now Cherry Garcia on the other hand...what was I saying?)

Woodbuck, worry about your own football knowledge before you comment on others' please. Fact of the matter is that I've had football conversations with both GBR and PIP and both can perfectly competently discuss their ideas and I'll take the high road with the rest of that thought. But until you show otherwise, I see that you've become a Favre fan rather than a Packer fan.

OPF, thank you for the kind words, and for having my back.

The fact of the matter is that this past season was the first time in about 15 years that I worried about the weather, etc. going into the playoffs. After the performance in Chicago (and it wasn't just Favre, but somehow the Bears seemed to get through it ok), I worried not so much when it snowed (though IIRC it wasn't balmy that day) but I worried about the Giants game. Blame the cold if you want, but Eli AND HIS TEAM got through it.

I tried for quite a while to figure out why Favre performed in the snow and not the cold, and got my answer a few day after the game when I read an article that quoted Favre as saying he'd always wanted to play in the snow and thought it was fun. The only problem is I also need him to perform in the cold where it's not so much fun.

If you will recall, when all the stories were swirling about his possible retirement and folks didn't want to believe it was possible, I wrote an article for the homepage talking about how it was possible and you'd better be ready for it. I had seen an interview with him SuperBowl week and he was acting and talking like a man who did not want to come back.

When he changed his mind, I wanted to wait and find out the details and then other people started talking to the media, I trusted Favre when he said there was nothing to it. That's when as a fan I lost trust in him, because I don't recall him lying before and when it became apparent that he was using the other people around him to get his message across (bashing the organization and the people who run it). So yes, I'm angry at his behavior.

However, when I started reading the opinions of others, my thinking on this jelled. Patler made a post sometime this week in the mass of threads on this topic that outlined (I believe) 5 reasons why the Packers want to stick with Rodgers and I agree with every one and do think that perhaps the team really never did forgive him for the way that last game ended. I thought it was a sucky way to end a career, but it is what it is.

I have never said Favre was a bad teammate, I don't think that at all, I loved watching him attempt a Lambeau leap. I loved watching him carry Driver around (though to be honest, I worried about him throwing out his back...). But at the moment, he is not considering what is best for the team in his decision making because it certainly isn't in their best interests to drag all this out and it could have been solved WEEKS ago had Favre made a decision and turned in his papers so they could figure out what to do (like in time for other teams to ponder their options for awhile and still get him in camp). Avoiding the whole "why should I" discussion when it came to competing with Rodgers would have been nice as well. That one offended a lot of folks who thought that if he'd given up the job and had already been replaced, why not put up a fight to get it back?

When he retired, I moved on. Had the team decided to take him back, I'd have easily accepted that decision and rooted for him like everyone (except JH) would have. But they didn't. They stuck to their guns and the whole mess just leaves us fans to figure it all out on the little information we have to go on. I think we're all trying to do that as best we can.

MJZiggy
07-31-2008, 06:44 PM

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."You don't have to scrap for anything to throw Favre under the bus for, he is doing a great job of supplying that stuff, thank you very much. To the orginal point of the thread its all about slurping Favre's salami. This offends me. All of the women on this forum are perfectly capable of thinking about Favre's performance as a football player without consideration of what's in his pants, and have been doing so all along, obvously without you paying attention to it.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."You don't have to scrap for anything to throw Favre under the bus for, he is doing a great job of supplying that stuff, thank you very much. To the orginal point of the thread its all about slurping Favre's salami. This offends me. All of the women on this forum are perfectly capable of thinking about Favre's performance as a football player without consideration of what's in his pants, and have been doing so all along, obvously without you paying attention to it.It's a joke. Serioulsy people need to lighten up.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Salami? I heard it is more a cocktail frank.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the prime rib. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

MJZiggy
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM

That is what I don't agree with. Because he caused this big drama filled circus, it's like "oh, who cares, we never wanted him back anyhow."You don't have to scrap for anything to throw Favre under the bus for, he is doing a great job of supplying that stuff, thank you very much. To the orginal point of the thread its all about slurping Favre's salami. This offends me. All of the women on this forum are perfectly capable of thinking about Favre's performance as a football player without consideration of what's in his pants, and have been doing so all along, obvously without you paying attention to it.It's a joke. Serioulsy people need to lighten up.

With the way this discussion played out, you really ought to give us some sort of sign.

cpk1994
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM

With the way this discussion played out, you really ought to give us some sort of sign.Ok, will do. The joke came in light of the woman in ND72's post:

Packers4Ever
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
[quote="Chevelle2"

They don't understand the business aspect of the game, just the emotional.[/quote]

Get with it, Chev2 ! :wink:

It's not that hard. Put 3 women together to discuss a problem and

inside of 30 minutes it's all wrapped up and they still have time

to enjoy lunch together !

None of this 4 or 5 or 6 day stuff.....

:P

Tyrone Bigguns
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM

Yet the basics of posting and HTML elude them. Mystifying. :wink:

gex
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
I support Favre and me more than man.AAARRRGGGHHH
<<<avatar :evil:

FavreChild
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Because we actually have common sense, ya dummy.

Packers4Ever
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Guess I'm still at a little more acceptance rate, I'm irritated but not angry, ...too patient, maybe.

But I keep thinking what Brett's been going through down in MS too, he's got his mother counseling him from one corner, his agent, his brother(s) ?and who knows how many others yakking at him from other directions.
telling him you should do this, that, or the other thing. And probably reminding him how awful his boss(es) up here are, not giving his job back to him. If we could be a fly on a wall down there I'll bet we'd get an earful !!

But I agree, it's gone on way too long and has to come to a conclusion very soon.

Packers4Ever
08-01-2008, 03:42 PM

I've never seen a male who could teach HTML, :P

Tyrone Bigguns
08-01-2008, 04:50 PM

There are no bad teachers...just bad students. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2008, 04:58 PM
women are just as rational as men. of course it varies from person to person, but on the whole they are just as capable of making hard business decisions. Men and women are equally capable of being blinded by their emotions.

the answer is that many women have crushes on Brett Favre. He's very open, boyish, and the leader of the pack.

Packers4Ever
08-01-2008, 08:02 PM

There are no bad teachers...just bad students. :wink:

You have to have the last word, don't you? :wink:

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Guess I'm still at a little more acceptance rate, I'm irritated but not angry, ...too patient, maybe.

But I keep thinking what Brett's been going through down in MS too, he's got his mother counseling him from one corner, his agent, his brother(s) ?and who knows how many others yakking at him from other directions.
telling him you should do this, that, or the other thing. And probably reminding him how awful his boss(es) up here are, not giving his job back to him. If we could be a fly on a wall down there I'll bet we'd get an earful !!

But I agree, it's gone on way too long and has to come to a conclusion very soon.

He could always try that option of telling them all to shut up and leave him alone about it...

HH, wise use of the word 'most.'

Fritz
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm still a bit concerned about that waitress who said she'd take Favre home and let him do whatever he wanted.

What if he told her he wanted to dress like a woman and have her spank him?

What if he wanted her to call Darrell Bevell and have a juicy phone conversation about Minnesota's offense?

That young woman might need to rethink taking any guy home and letting him do "whatever he wants." There's some freaky folk out there.

Fritz
08-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Here's an idea: have TT or Murphy take Brett Favre home and let him do anything he wants to...except play football for Green Bay or Minnesota.

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2008, 01:36 AM

It's pretty easy...I mean speaking as a staunch heterosexual male here (can't speak for a few....JH :roll: )

But Favre goes beyond football in what every red-blooded male hopes to achieve. Females are attracted to the virile male who will survive (250+ games starting QB), attain success (3 MVP's, 1 SuperBowl win), and an ability to lead and keep on no matter what the detriment to self (Fox News Interviews). Yea, Favre is the man. I'd let my girlfriend sleep with Favre for Season Packer tickets (better be good seats though). :shock: