PDA

View Full Version : Can we stash Favre on IR?

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Favre has the same hip condition that ended Bo's career. Can we stash Favre on IR and say we are protecting him?

Rastak
07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Favre has the same hip condition that ended Bo's career. Can we stash Favre on IR and say we are protecting him?

Sure, as long as Favre doesn't find a bunch of doctors who can produce medical evidence indicating it's bullshit.

green_bowl_packer
I was thinking that yesterday they could flunk him on his physical and essentially squash demand by making it seem more risky to trade for him.

BallHawk
We are not the New England Patriots....

Seriously, no we couldn't. There are measures to prevent this from happening and with the scale that this has reached, doing that would be the lowest of lows.

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 04:08 PM
I was thinking that yesterday they could flunk him on his physical and essentially squash demand by making it seem more risky to trade for him.

If doctors test him and find he's fine the Packers could get in lots of trouble.

boiga
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Favre has the same hip condition that ended Bo's career. Can we stash Favre on IR and say we are protecting him?Not unless he fails the conditioning test or the doctor holds him back.

Otherwise the NFLPA will get involved and likely win the arbitration.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Perhaps a mental defect can be found?

He is awfully sensitive.

Rastak
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM

I have no idea what happens when you fail a guy. Normally the player is waived. Not sure what the rule is on that.

packers11
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
guys... talk with some common sense... this organization is not going to go to that low of a level to try to keep Brett Favre away... the media would jump all over it and TED/MM would look like fools...

If you thought a circus was coming, imagine the circus that would follow after hearing that the "iron man" failed his packers physical because the front office told the doctors to.

Guiness
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
there would almost be a certain amount of humour in that...trying to claim that the guy who didn't miss a start in 16 years is PUP. LOL

texaspackerbacker
07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
If he is flunked on the physical, he would get a medical release--which basically is a ..... release. Then any other team could sign him, give him a physical by their doctors, and pass him.

As for IR, if Favre complained, the commissioner could investigate, overturn it, and sanction the team.

To stash him, the Packers have to be willing for two things to happen:

1. Pay his salary--probably do-able.

2. Waste a roster spot--I would think that is not that big a deal either.

Then he languishes as an extremely well paid 3rd or 4th stringer--in keeping with one of the rumors in this whole mess--that he will be doing individual drills if he reports to camp.

I actually see this as the MOST LIKELY conclusion to it all--assuming Brett can't be convinced to fade back into retirement.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
no way you could stash Favre on IR.

well, not unless he should meet with some unfortunate accident. :twisted:

Stevogbfan
07-31-2008, 06:52 PM
no way you could stash Favre on IR.

well, not unless he should meet with some unfortunate accident. :twisted:

lol