PDA

View Full Version : My Dog and His Bone

texaspackerbacker
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I gave my dog a nice steak bone. He chewed it and enjoyed it for a couple of hours. The he left it lay. I picked it up and threw it in the trash.

Next thing I knew, the dog tipped over the trash can and got the bone back--I guess he thought it still had some flavor.

I reached down to take the bone away from him, and he growled at me.

I just figured somebody ought to start a thread about something other than Favre ........

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Give the dog his bone. If you take the bone away from him he's going to be fine for a while, but then he's going to start missing the dog. And then he's going to want to get rid of his new bone for his old bone.

You don't want that happening.

Give him the bone.

sheepshead
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
I wanna play hide the bone with Scarlett Johansson.

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Shoot the dog.

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Shoot the dog.

That's always one way of settling the Favre circus...I mean TPB's bone dilema.

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Shoot the dog.

That's always one way of settling the Favre circus...I mean TPB's bone dilema.

...or we could just shoot Texas for being an asshole and taking his nice dogs bone away.

Brando19
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
I think you pour hot hot hot sauce on the bone and let the dog see it's no good anymore and he should have left it alone.

texaspackerbacker
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
I think you pour hot hot hot sauce on the bone and let the dog see it's no good anymore and he should have left it alone.

You mean like individual drills?

Gunakor
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
I gave my dog a nice steak bone. He chewed it and enjoyed it for a couple of hours. The he left it lay. I picked it up and threw it in the trash.

Next thing I knew, the dog tipped over the trash can and got the bone back--I guess he thought it still had some flavor.

I just figured somebody ought to start a thread about something other than Favre ........

If the dog growls at you, then you need to start over with a new dog.

Look for a new home for your dog. Try to get him out of your neighborhood though, because you don't want to make an archneighbor happier.

gbpackfan
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
If it were my dog, I would let him keep the bone. But I raised my dog right and he would NEVER growl at me. Your dog has some issues. He obviously doesn't view you as the alpha.

That being said, this thread may be all BS. If this is a Brett Favre comparison, then I get your point. If not, then move this thread into the another forum.

Joemailman
07-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I thought I would offer a tyranslation. The bone represents the fact that Favre could have decided to play for the Packers instead oi retiring. The dog leaving the bone lay represents Favre retiring. Picking up the bone and throwing it in the trash represents TT putting Favre on the retired list. The dog tipping over the trash to get the bone back represents Favre deciding he wants to come back to the Packers. The attempt to take the bone away from the dog represents TT's attempt to get Favre to stay retired. The dog then growling represents Favre's threat to come to camp. Did I get it right?