PDA

View Full Version : Joey Harrington Still Sucks!!!

BlueBrewer
06-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Contrary to the belief of at least one poster on this site, Joey Harrington is still a bust. The uniform and latitude change did nothing to help his football skills.

HARRINGTON LOOKS HORRIBLE

Word around the league is that Dolphins backup quarterback Joey Harrington has looked horrible in his first official minicamp with the team.

Harrington, the third overall pick in the 2002 draft, was acquired via a trade in May from the Lions. The Dolphins sent to Detroit a fifth-round pick in 2007. The pick could upgrade to a sixth-rounder.

We're not suggesting that Harrington is in line to not make the team, but with starter Daunte Culpepper apparently well ahead of schedule in his rehab from that torn knee ligament trifecta and with No.3 quarterback Cleo Lemon arguably better suited to serve as Culpepper's understudy given that they both are far more mobile than Harrington, we wouldn't be surprised to see Lemon leapfrog Harrington at some point during the 2006 season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahaha!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-12-2006, 08:13 AM
When Aaron Rodger turns out to be a bust, you wont be laughing. Harrington is a west coast qb; the dolphins don't run such version, at least not from what ive seen.

BlueBrewer
06-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Rodgers future is still speculation. Harrington's failure is documented fact.

KYPack
06-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Harrington, the third overall pick in the 2002 draft, was acquired via a trade in May from the Lions. The Dolphins sent to Detroit a fifth-round pick in 2007. The pick could upgrade to a sixth-rounder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!

What's this?

Did you mean they sent a 6th, it could upgrade to a 5th?

BlueBrewer
06-12-2006, 08:16 AM

!

What's this?

Did you mean they sent a 6th, it could upgrade to a 5th?

I didn't catch that, do you think it was a performance based thing like if he started a game or something?

Charles Woodson
06-12-2006, 08:47 AM
IDK where you heard it was a 5th

From espn

The Dolphins' other new quarterback, Joey Harrington, also participated in the minicamp, giving fans -- who are allowed to watch at this time of year -- their first look at the former Detroit Lions starter.

Saban said Harrington has "been a real asset" and defended the decision to trade a sixth-round pick in 2007 to Detroit even though the Lions were planning to release Harrington for salary-cap purposes.

"We thought the practice time was important, but we also thought that there was no guarantee that if they cut the guy that we'd get him," Saban said. "So we secure the future and we also get the guy here to practice. I think it certainly enhances the developmental process, especially in our situation where there is some question as to who will be the quarterback, whether it's because of physical injuries and things like that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2477250

BlueBrewer
06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
I just cut and pasted a story from Pro Football Weekly or something.

woodbuck27
06-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Impressions Fr. Dolphins Mini-Camp June 12, 2006

By: Andy Cohen , Editor of Dolphin Digest

On QB Joey Harrington:

• Joey Harrington was a steal for a sixth-round pick. To have an insurance policy of his caliber behind Culpepper gives the Dolphins the type of security it badly needed. Suddenly, in one off season, you can make the argument that quarterback has become the strength of this football team.

Would you disagree that he wasn't worth a 6th Rd. pick? I wouldn't pass up on that . . . 'NOT a gamble' . . . to give him a second chance, even to learn a new Offence other than his customary WCO.

Rastak
06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
When Aaron Rodger turns out to be a bust, you wont be laughing. Harrington is a west coast qb; the dolphins don't run such version, at least not from what ive seen.

I agree with brewer......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BooHoo
06-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Joey is no starter. Put him on the bench or show him the door.

CaptainKickass
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Is anyone on this board really that surprised?

I mean - c'mon....we are talking about "NoodleArm"

BlueBrewer
06-13-2006, 03:20 PM
The thread was an attempt burn Tank (Anti Polar Bear) because he loves Joey Harrington. And Harrington still sucks.

Zool
06-13-2006, 03:28 PM

The idea behind a WCO QB is accuracy and timing. Harrington never seemed to have either of these traits. He seems destined to be a career backup I.E. Stony Case or Heath Shuler. He just doesnt have what it takes to be a top NFL QB. He would be a decent CFL QB I bet.

The Dolphins are still running Linehans O that he brought from Minnesota. Culpepper put up ridiculous numbers in 2004 without a good running game. If Ronnie Brown turns out to be legit they could be tough.