PDA

View Full Version : Why Hillary should be the nominee.

sheepshead
08-01-2008, 07:25 AM
John Edwards.
Has a kid out of wedlock.
Elizabeth is recovering from cancer.
The press sat on this story. For months.

Had it been publicized much earlier and knocked ol' John out of the primaries before Iowa, it would have been a 2 person race. Did the press quash this story to ensure Edwards took votes from Hillary and elevate the Messiah Barry O???

It's clear many have known and/or suspected the child for some time.

(another indication that he cannot win a general election)

digitaldean
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Besides the fact the media is sweeping this under the rug, Edwards comes across (to me at least) as just another ambulance chaser.

He made his millions off of lawsuits (some questionable). So we know tort reform for health ins. cases would never happen.

Nothing would shock me in the press. Look at the Obama World Love Fest to Europe. Why have a press secretary when the anchors for all 3 broadcast networks are in tow?? Watch Olbermann on MSNBC every night. He does nothing but ridicule McCain while pumping up Obama.

I am NOT enamored with EITHER candidate. Some may consider it a waste, but I may vote Libertarian this fall. Obama is as green as a Packer home jersey when it comes to world affairs and has done ZERO in the Senate. McCain has been there for nearly 20 years and brought the wonderful McCain - Feingold legislation to pass. (that really helped keep the money out of politics, hasn't it)

BallHawk
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Watch Olbermann on MSNBC every night. He does nothing but ridicule McCain while pumping up Obama.

I used to be a big fan of Keith, but his show has turned into an Obama love-fest and a Republican hate-fest. Most show's go by without having any GOPers on the show. Stupid.

Chris Matthews does a much better job. Gets both perspectives and then has a discussion, unlike Olbermann who goes on his rants about Bush and such.

sheepshead
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
tort reform was a big thrust of GWB just before 9-11. He did more to attempt to fix healthcare in 18 months then hillary, bill or al did in 8 years.

bobblehead
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Oberman isn't mainstream, you can counter him with hannity or any other conservative speaker.

The arguement here is mainstream media who loves barack. I'm not as jaded as some, hillary lost cuz she is hillary and barack was enough of an unkown to take it from her. McCain is gonna lose cuz he is mccain, you think barry would have a prayer against newt or any real conservative?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Oberman isn't mainstream, you can counter him with hannity or any other conservative speaker.

The arguement here is mainstream media who loves barack. I'm not as jaded as some, hillary lost cuz she is hillary and barack was enough of an unkown to take it from her. McCain is gonna lose cuz he is mccain, you think barry would have a prayer against newt or any real conservative?

Hilary lost...well, various factors...but, she ran a terrible campaign. Abysmal.

Yes. Newt is a republican...bush is a republican...america is tired of bush.

If a true conservative is conservative on certain social values (abortion, immigration) they have real problems. America isn't conservatrive..most are middle or the road...with some conservative values and some liberal values.

texaspackerbacker
08-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Sheepshead's original premise--the media stonewalling the Edwards scandal, thereby screwing Hillary (there's a frightening thought) and her chance for the nomination is interesting and worth more discussion than it is getting.

As for Olberman, I'd NEVER deny that the bastard is eminently hateable. However, Olberman is what he is, and there is to question what he is--no subterfuge, no con job.

Chris Mathews, on the other hand, like I said about Russert when he assumed room temperature, is FAR MORE SINISTER AND DANGEROUS simply because he/they is/are NOT what they pretend to be. Mathews--and Russert--are/were BLATANT LEFTISTS every bit as rotten and anti-American as Olberman. Yet they intentionally assume a cloak of objectivity and bi-partisanship. THAT is far worse than a flaming asshole like Olberman who doesn't pretend to be anything but that flaming asshole.

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
There is the minor detail that she says it's not Edwards' kid and another man in the campaign (also married with kids) has claimed fatherhood. The story just broke because they just caught them together in a hotel. If they'd have run the story without evidence, he'd have sued their asses off and won and they knew it.