PDA

View Full Version : Darryn Colledge

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
McCarthy had some really positive things to say about him and Colledge sounds really confident right now. I think he and Spitz could really lock this thing down this year. I'm looking forward to both the run game with the OL, Grant, Jackson and Wynn and the pass game with improved pass protection and improved WR's.

BallHawk
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Colledge can be a good player. From watching his interviews, he's a smart guy with a fairly large ego that may need to be deflated a bit more.

I like Barbe better long term, however.

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I like his focus on technique. He seems like a thinker and from what I understand of personalities like that, it's fun to learn but hard to stay interested and focused. For Colledge, I think it's going to be important to stay focused on the details of his technique and being consistant. The thing that has be optimistic is that he seems to have that focus in the right spots. I've never been high on him, but this is a postive sign. I'm curious to see him play this year.

Joemailman
08-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Consistency has been his downfall, so it will take some time to see if he's really turned a page. The talent is there though.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
a lot of offensive lineman hit a winning streak about this time in their careers.

Bretsky
08-01-2008, 05:52 PM
MM had nice things to say on a guy many of us had high hopes for in Marvel Underwood last year too. I hope Barbre wins that job

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Colledge looks noticeably bigger this year in some video I saw of practice. That's the only observation I have. It's pretty apparent that he spent a lot of time in the weight room.

Fritz
08-01-2008, 07:12 PM
He's the manic/depressive of offensive guards. He's the shiz for three weeks, then he plays like Will Whittaker for two months.

who knows?

boiga
08-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Colledge also seems like less of an ass this year. I watched his interview today and he doesn't sound nearly as cocky as last year. He understands his position and he seems more earnest about supporting the team no matter his role in it.

He also looks beefed up compared to last year, which is good considering how easily big DT's could just push him back then.

Last year I was very anti-colledge because his position was a gaping hole in our OL. Now though, I'm willing to give him a shot, whether it's at guard or tackle.

Bretsky
08-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Last year he was a cupcake; but I'm willing to give him a shot as well. It's good if he's stronger because against a strong DL he was helpless last year against a good bull

KYPack
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Everybody has broken the code on Dayrn. Good athlete, inconsistent and not strong enough to be an every down NFL guard. He needs to get stronger, be more physical. A smart guy, he could be a big thing for us if he gets serious in the 'ol weight room.

He will naturally fill out and each season of maturity could really help the boy. He's a good LT, him and Barbre could be our left side for a few good years.

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Last year he was a cupcake; but I'm willing to give him a shot as well. It's good if he's stronger because against a strong DL he was helpless last year against a good bull

I'm willing to give him a shot too, but didn't the lastest JSO post say that Rodgers was pressured from Colledge? Give Barbre a shot, or bring back Favre (Career Stats: Rodgers- 59 attp. 15 sacks vs. Favre 2007- 560 attempts, 16 sacks) Hmmm........BRING BACK BRETT!

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 03:26 AM

I'm willing to give him a shot too, but didn't the lastest JSO post say that Rodgers was pressured from Colledge?

I thought it said Coston. Wells got injured, and apparently Coston had a rough time at OC replacing him.

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Colledge also seems like less of an ass this year. I watched his interview today and he doesn't sound nearly as cocky as last year. He understands his position and he seems more earnest about supporting the team no matter his role in it.

He also looks beefed up compared to last year, which is good considering how easily big DT's could just push him back then.

Last year I was very anti-colledge because his position was a gaping hole in our OL. Now though, I'm willing to give him a shot, whether it's at guard or tackle.Getting benched and recieving negative backlash for performance does tend to humble most people.

Tarlam!
08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Barbre is the man I want. What good is an intellectual at guard if he gets rag-dolled on 9 out of 10 bull rushes? He might be bigger this season, be he lacks that vicious attitude and arrogance is no substitute for meanness.