PDA

View Full Version : My Offical Blogg

Pages : 1 [2]

Fosco33
06-23-2006, 06:14 PM
BTW, sounds like you need a new Tax man.... :wink:

True that! Except since-
1. I'm a travelling consultant I end up paying more in taxes (multiple state submissions - sometimes which net out to more that one state). I've even been on projects travelling for more that a year (mandatory compensatory taxation on all expenses - raising to the AMT and taxing investments not related to yearly income!).
2. I've got no kids or other dependents.
3. I'm done w/ schooling and don't qualify for many tax cuts (loan interest, etc.)
3. I live in SoCal and can't afford land/homes quite yet.

Basically, I'm in the worst tax situation. I'm throwing all I can into my 401k (pre-tax) and investing as much as possible.

I should just move to Texas or Nevada (no income tax), have some kids, buy a house/etc.

The worst part, I feel, is that I use far less of social services that I'm forced to put in - ahh - death and taxes.....

I'll keep you in mind next year :wink:

GrnBay007
06-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Buy some rental property and pay someone to manage it.........a little fix. :D

-

retailguy
06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
But some rental property and pay someone to manage it.........a little fix. :D

-

You obviously haven't been to California recently. You can buy rental property in Iowa. You can't in California, depending on where he is. Average home price in Los Angeles is about $500,000. It is psycho.

GrnBay007
06-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, I know. I didn't mean buy in Cali. He said he travels. If he knows he will be in (blank) State 4x per year, buy rental property.....maybe where a relative/friend lives and pay them to manage it. He can stop in and check things out 4x per year..........another write off. :D

-

retailguy
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes, I know. I didn't mean buy in Cali. He said he travels. If he knows he will be in (blank) State 4x per year, buy rental property.....maybe where a relative/friend lives and pay them to manage it. He can stop in and check things out 4x per year..........another write off. :D

-

Can't believe I didn't catch that meaning.... :sad: :D

GrnBay007
06-23-2006, 07:17 PM

-

Would you like me to do your taxes hun?

LOL J/K!!

BTW, My Tax Man about strangles me every year...........good thing I charm him and we end up talking for hours after his initial outrage at me. :D

-

Bretsky
06-23-2006, 07:26 PM

-

Would you like me to do your taxes hun?

LOL J/K!!

BTW, My Tax Man about strangles me every year...........good thing I charm him and we end up talking for hours after his initial outrage at me. :D

-

Recently financed a home loan for a gentleman in California who made some serious cash and needed writeoffs so he bought a home in Wisconsin and rented it out.

He indicated real estate was insane in CAL; he was pre-approved for 600G and couldn't find anything he liked for that amount so he was looking for ways to pay less to Uncle Sam.

MadtownPacker
06-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Welcome to PR Jayo. Feel free to whupp on Tank aka APB anytime, he can take.

good thing I charm him and we end up talking for hours after his initial outrage at me. :D SO how does he take this "outrage" out on you? :oops:

GrnBay007
06-23-2006, 07:34 PM

good thing I charm him and we end up talking for hours after his initial outrage at me. :D SO how does he take this "outrage" out on you? :oops:

He's pretty old. He just loves when I talk to him about anything. He's an investor too....he always laughs how I innocently get info out of him. :D

-

Bretsky
06-23-2006, 07:36 PM

He's pretty old. He just loves when I talk to him about anything. He's an investor too....he always laughs how I innocently get info out of him. :D

-

SO YOU TALK DIRTY TO THE OLD GEEZ !! You a nasty girl :mrgreen:

Partial
06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Got my paycheck today. Man, the DC taxation is high. About 24% of this check went to the government. But what am I to complain? I am a liberal. Even though I am only 1 person, I feel good knowing that my money is helping improve society.

Ha! I too am relatively liberal but lets face the facts; that money will be pissed away. For example, why pay a bunch of county employees to take 6 months to construct a new road when they can pay a company looking to turn profit 2 months.

Privatization my friend. I am all for paying the money and helping people out, but the way the system is set-up now is a bunch of lazy asses get FAT unionized checks and get very little done, thus helping very few.

Agreed?

Partial
06-24-2006, 01:11 AM
So, you guys are all good with money it seems.

What is the best way to make money in terms of investment? buying property? flipping houses in addition to your job? stock market? ira? mutual funds?

How can I pay the least taxes upon graduation? Say you make 50,000 out of college, what is a good percentage of that to save immediately?

RashanGary
06-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Ha! I too am relatively liberal but lets face the facts; that money will be pissed away. For example, why pay a bunch of county employees to take 6 months to construct a new road when they can pay a company looking to turn profit 2 months.

Privatization my friend. I am all for paying the money and helping people out, but the way the system is set-up now is a bunch of lazy asses get FAT unionized checks and get very little done, thus helping very few.

Agreed?

Good point. I'll second that.

Fosco33
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM

What is the best way to make money in terms of investment? buying property? flipping houses in addition to your job? stock market? ira? mutual funds?

How can I pay the least taxes upon graduation? Say you make 50,000 out of college, what is a good percentage of that to save immediately?

Depends on a few things - expected retirement age and your risk aversion. I'll assume you'll be 22 when you finish up and expect to work until your 60 (if you make $50K coming out of school, you probably won't want to work 'til 65). So you've got about 40 years of work to save for retirement. Use this to determine your expected net earnings and then pull out your finance book to reverse estimate the growth over time.

Regarding where to invest - depends on the amount of time you have available. Buying property will be the largest investment of your life and you'll need some cash and earnings potential to pull it off. Buying/selling (flipping) houses can be a strategy but has time and risk associated.

We had a guy from Charles Schwab come talk to our company @ a conference a month ago - he just kept preaching diversification. Max out whatever the company matches to your 401k and put away the max in a Roth IRA (pre-tax baby). If your comfortable investing, you can pick your own stocks but there are tons of great mutual funds (no load, no spiff for the firm) that you can set your diversification (large cap, mid cap, growth, international, etc.). Here's a pretty standard way to keep your investments health for the long term:

Conservative
You seek current income and stability, and are less concerned about growth.
Fixed-income investments: 50%. Cash: 30%. Stocks: 20%.

Moderately Conservative
You seek current income and stability with modest potential for increased investment value.
Fixed-income investments: 50%. Cash: 10%. Stocks: 40%.

Moderate
You’re a long-term investor seeking steady growth potential without the need for current income.
Stocks: 60%. Bond funds: 35%. Cash: 5%.

Moderately Aggressive
You’re a long-term investor seeking good growth potential.
Stocks: 80%. Bond funds: 15%. Cash: 5%.
This portfolio could be volatile.

Aggressive
You’re a long-term investor seeking high growth potential.
Stocks: 95%. Cash: 5%.
This portfolio may have substantial year-to-year value fluctuation.

Regarding 'how much to save' - as much as you can. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. Lock in your student loans if you just graduated (by 7/1) as interest rates are risking. And pay off any credit card debt before you begin investing. Cheers-

Bretsky
06-24-2006, 09:57 PM

WHAT A GREAT QUESTION from somebody getting ready to get out of college.

Most individuals your age are pissing money away rather than thinking how to save it. And it's not that I'm a geezer at 37, but I think it's great that you are thinking about this as early as you are.

First off, I'll preface my views by saying that I work for a large bank and do nothing but Home Loans. As my 5 year old daughter says when she introduces me to her pre-school friends, "My dad helps people buy houses". And with all the programs our bank has, and the fact that I'm fair with people I'd say I'm one of the best at what I do.

So I'd have more inside information regarding real estate investing as opposed to the stock market....but I have personal experience and interest in both.

That being said, I started investing money in mutual funds at age 22 and in the stock market at age 25 (and I saw the best and worst since I'm VERY risk averse and look mostly at tech stocks). I've also been in a 401K from the day a company allowed me to be in one.

I'll offer some general thoughts and a step by step process as general views and anybody can comment as they see fit.

Coming out of college, I'd pound the table for you doing two things, and they go hand in hand. These two things IMO serves as your foundation for the "future". Once that foundation is set, then you branch off in riskier things such as Real Estate, Stocks, Flippings...etc...as you see fit.

ROTH IRA

1. Get in a 401K plan ASAP and contribute at least what a company will match money to. For instance, a past company I worked for would put up to 5% into my 401K account if I contributed 10% of earnings. So I contributed 10% so for every$100 I earned $15 was put into my 401K account. My current bank contributes up to 3% of earnings if I put 6% in. So I contribute 6%. So for every $100 I make, I put $6 in my 401K account, but since that $6 is not taxed since it's put in a 401K I'd estimate I only lose $4 off that $100 on my actual paycheck if I dindn't have a 401K. And I set aside $6 and the company give me $3 for $9 in future savings plus the interest it will appreciate over the years.

2. Personally, my second biggest mistake in investing was not starting up a ROTH IRA when I was 22. I bought a Hot Red Ford Probe and had it paid off within 12 months. I spent a lot of money on booze and fun. But I was not setting aside enough money cause I was just living the good life.

Even if you only can afford to contribute $1000 a year, get that ROTH IRA started early. This is different from a Traditional IRA or 401K in that you put money in the ROTH after it's been taxes. BUT, and a very important BUT for youngyans, the accrued interest that money makes over time in that ROTH IRA is NOT taxed when you take it out at Retirement. So if you invest 100G over the next 40 Years and the value of that ROTH IRA is 250G and you wait til retirement age to cash it in, you get the 250G. That's a powerful investment.

Retailguy, or any, if I'm slightly off on anything in here, please correct me. But I think most will agree that to set up your future base you invest in your 401K if the company contributes and a ROTH IRA for to set your foundation for your future.

The second part of your question deserves another post so I'll give that a wing as well

Bretsky
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM

The answer to this question is short and simple IMO. Be sure you have good credit, and buy a house.

Many years ago people had to have a lot of money down to buy houses. Rules have loosened if you have good credit. Honestly rules have changed for everyone, but I hate seeing young buyers with challenged credit get rakes over the coals by high risk brokers with outrageous interest rates and fees.

If you don't have good credit then spend a year renting and build your credit score up to where you do have good credit and can get approved with a reputable bank that will treat you fairly.

If you are not self employed or a business owner, home ownership is one of the most effective ways to keep the money you pay into Uncle Sam low while watching the equity of something you own go up.

Bretsky
06-24-2006, 10:22 PM

I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT POSTERS WHO COULD OFFER A LOT OF GREAT IDEAS ON PARTIAL"S INQUIRY.

I started a thread called "SHOW ME THE MONEY" for the postings so we don't throw Tanks' blog way OT. Hope to see some great commentary there.

Bretsky
06-24-2006, 10:30 PM
It's 11:00 PM Saturday on Tank's Blog; Wondering if he's drunk, stoned getting some booty, or all of the above.

Cheers,
B

Anti-Polar Bear
06-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT POSTERS WHO COULD OFFER A LOT OF GREAT IDEAS ON PARTIAL"S INQUIRY.

Well, I am not one of them for I am not a finance major. Although both deals with money somewhat, there is a big difference between economics and finance. Where I am at, they fall into different division under the Business Department. Economics is about supply and demand, scarcity, inflation, the interest rate, human resource, jobs, the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services, macro and micro social theories, etc. Whereas finance deals with money, money and more money (with respect to the interest rate).

I chose economics because, as a liberal, I want to improve the world's welfare. Obviously, because of the scarcity of resources, it is difficult to archive an utopia, but that is one of the motive behind me majoring in econ, nonetheless.

As for the tax question, i took an advanced income tax accounting course last semester (it is a mandatory core course). But I didnt pay much attention to it or study much. Ended up with a C. I subsribe to the notion that i can always hired someone, such as retail guy, to do my taxes. I will take another tax class before i graduate and pay attention. It would help me if i decides to take the CPA (i am minoring in accounting; may double major; the internship this summer deals more with accounting).

Anti-Polar Bear
06-24-2006, 11:45 PM
It's 11:00 PM Saturday on Tank's Blog; Wondering if he's drunk, stoned getting some booty, or all of the above.

Cheers,
B

Me and the roommates and some other friends went to a strip club tonight. it was too crowed so we didnt stay long. I am chatting with some friends on AIM right now. that is why i am also in here. We just ordered pizza and some are watching a movie. Yes, there is pot and beer. No, no minors are present.

Bretsky
06-25-2006, 12:14 AM

Cheers,
B

Me and the roommates and some other friends went to a strip club tonight. it was too crowed so we didnt stay long. I am chatting with some friends on AIM right now. that is why i am also in here. We just ordered pizza and some are watching a movie. Yes, there is pot and beer. No, no minors are present.

How was the strip club ? Why are you back so early ? Did ya get a lapper ?
These are the details the make blogs !

Anti-Polar Bear
06-25-2006, 02:48 PM

Dont tell me you are a virgin to the Nudie Bars too.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Partial,

Bretsky is right. Your first two no brainers are maxing out your 401K and your Roth IRA. I would do that even before buying a house. The 401K is great because of company matching funds and deferred taxation. The Roth is a great place for you to begin investing because unilike taxable accounts, any earnings you generate in a Roth are not taxed. And until you get married and buy a house, Uncle Sam will be taking ridiculous amounts of money from you if you land a decent job out of school.

Bretsky
06-25-2006, 10:33 PM

Dont tell me you are a virgin to the Nudie Bars too.

Not going to disappoint you there; been to plenty of those over the years and was in search of a good place to go on way back from Green Bay to Madison. Paradise Club in Appleton was sub par.

Bretsky
06-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Partial,

Bretsky is right. Your first two no brainers are maxing out your 401K and your Roth IRA. I would do that even before buying a house. The 401K is great because of company matching funds and deferred taxation. The Roth is a great place for you to begin investing because unilike taxable accounts, any earnings you generate in a Roth are not taxed. And until you get married and buy a house, Uncle Sam will be taking ridiculous amounts of money from you if you land a decent job out of school.

I think I'd agree with Scott's further points as I was pondering my post regarding the duplex. It's a good idea, but not a necessity right away, and not a must like the 401K and ROTH should be.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Not going to disappoint you there; been to plenty of those over the years and was in search of a good place to go on way back from Green Bay to Madison. Paradise Club in Appleton was sub par.

That is good. I am too lazy to write a blogg about what transpired last night. Basically, unlike before, the place was too crowed and we couldnt find an available table. Usually, we like to sit and relax and drink beer and watch women dance naked and if someone likes a dancer he tips her and after awhile as her for a lap dance. But last nite we had to stand up all the time and it wasnt fun that way so we left about an hour after we arrived.

the_idle_threat
06-26-2006, 06:37 AM
This blog is the dumbest thing since sliced milk ... and I can't stop reading it! Will Charlie Brown get a date with the Little Red Haired Girl? I'm on the edge of my seat!

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 08:45 AM
But last nite we had to stand up all the time and it wasnt fun that way so we left about an hour after we arrived.

An hour!? An hour!? I think an hour is a very long time to spend in a strip club.

I used to go to Visions every once in a while, a TERRIBLE strip club in Madison. I think the longest I ever made it was about 45 minutes. Crappy music, nasty women. But my buddy & I would come back again in a few months when we got bored enough. Usually you got to see one hot body in 45 minutes and could leave with a happy memory stored away for access later that evening.

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2006, 08:55 AM
I like to go to strip clubs that are so low class that some are the dancers are pregnant. There was this place called the Cajun Club right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin right before you crossed into Stillwater. I would go in there on a Tuesday night with a couple of buddies and just laugh my ass off, and just get loaded. One dance had on roller skates and boy did she know how to use them.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Hah! When I was a highschool lad in Hudson, there was only one strip club in the friggin county, some little place in Somerset, I forget the name.

18-year-old drinking back in those dinasaur times. Anyway, us senior boys took a trip up der, and who would be front and center but Mr. Grubbs, the Chemistry teacher, with his coke bottle glasses and slide rule in his pocket. Wait a second, maybe that wasn't his slide rule!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
But last nite we had to stand up all the time and it wasnt fun that way so we left about an hour after we arrived.

An hour!? An hour!? I think an hour is a very long time to spend in a strip club.

We were waiting and hoping for a table to open up. That is why we waited an hour. We usually stay 2-3 hrs when theres room.

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Will Charlie Brown get a date with the Little Red Haired Girl? I'm on the edge of my seat!Haha, it made me think of Charlie Brown too! But just like ole Chuck, Tank doesnt have any game and will likely always dream of the lil office girl.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Will Charlie Brown get a date with the Little Red Haired Girl? I'm on the edge of my seat!Haha, it made me think of Charlie Brown too! But just like ole Chuck, Tank doesnt have any game and will likely always dream of the lil office girl.

Hey mad, do you have a girlfriend? I bet you havent even gotten laid. You must be a 30 something loser working a dead end job.

Try going to college, will you. You will see that chicks are a plenty when the semesters are a-rolling. This is the summer; not many are around. When the chick said she isnt ready to start dating, she isnt. :)

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey mad, do you have a girlfriend? I bet you havent even gotten laid. You must be a 30 something loser working a dead end job.

Try going to college, will you. You will see that chicks are a plenty when the semesters are a-rolling. This is the summer; not many are around. When the chick said she isnt ready to start dating, she isnt. :)GF? WTF? Am I high school? Am I suppose to "go around" with her?

Hahahaha, she probably isnt ready to give that used up thang to another lowlife. Probably holding out for someone that aint doing data entry!

Partial
06-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Probably holding out for someone that aint doing data entry!

HAHAHAHaha SHUT UP JERK I DO DATA ENTRY!! :evil: :mad:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Hahahaha, she probably isnt ready to give that used up thang to another lowlife. Probably holding out for someone that aint doing data entry!

What do you do for a living, Mad? I bet in the next 10-20 years you will still be doing the same thing.

Yes, I do data entries. But only for the summer, and thats only part of the job. Right now I am working on the company's ledger regarding recievables and payables. What are you doing right now?

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 12:13 PM

HAHAHAHaha SHUT UP JERK I DO DATA ENTRY!! :evil: :mad:ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with it though. Just wanted to takes a cheapshot at Tank before he becomes GM of the Pack.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM

HAHAHAHaha SHUT UP JERK I DO DATA ENTRY!! :evil: :mad:

Didnt you say you do it too? :wink:

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
What do you do for a living, Mad? I bet in the next 10-20 years you will still be doing the same thing.

Yes, I do data entries. But only for the summer, and thats only part of the job. Right now I am working on the company's ledger regarding recievables and payables. What are you doing right now?Well at least that means I will be employed. :mrgreen: Like you said, I work at WalMart and thats all I will ever do.

What do I do right now? Not much, bitch slapping you down is very hard work.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
I like to go to strip clubs that are so low class that some are the dancers are pregnant. There was this place called the Cajun Club right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin right before you crossed into Stillwater. I would go in there on a Tuesday night with a couple of buddies and just laugh my ass off, and just get loaded. One dance had on roller skates and boy did she know how to use them.

Back in the day I went to a strip joint in Oklahoma City with a bunch of buds. There was one pretty little thing who got up in front of us and put on quite a show, and for her grand finale she pushed her perkies together and milk squirted out everywhere. Now all my friends were totally disgusted, but being from the dairy state I thought it was kind of cool.

Partial
06-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Back in the day I went to a strip joint in Oklahoma City with a bunch of buds. There was one pretty little thing who got up in front of us and put on quite a show, and for her grand finale she pushed her perkies together and milk squirted out everywhere. Now all my friends were totally disgusted, but being from the dairy state I thought it was kind of cool.

:lol: WEIRD!

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Thats good stuff! Thats totally hot. I would have gone back the next night. Your friends are pussies.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 05:06 PM
6-26-06 at 5:59 PM ET

Ok, Madtown Packer seems to think all I do is data entries so I will summarize what I did today to contrast his thinking.

First, let me say that in this age of computer, data entries are almost unavoidable. Effective companies like to store datas in computers as backups to the hard copies. That way the company can simply retrieve data at the click of a bottom, instead of wasting time looking through piles and piles of papers.

Today I continue to work on the company's balance sheet, mostly with account receivables/payables. The boss trust me enough by now to let me write checks for payables and record receivables. I balanced the balance sheet with a computer program. You know the simple debit/credit stuff. As I result I was able to see where the company stands financially at this time of the year.

Nothing to brag about because what I did today are basic Acc 311 stuff. But it sure does beat working at wal-mart as an "associate" :wink:

MadtownPacker
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
So they had you move the boxes with all the paperwork from one room to another? By balance do you mean making sure it doesnt tip over?

There is nothing wrong with what you do tank. I just said that cuz I know it burns a lil spoiled bitch like you up to be a commoner. I have done much, much worse jobs.

Right now it is 108 where I live and I was recalling when I would do field labor as a teen. 8-10 sometimes even 12 hour shifts in this heat aint no joke and is something that made me stronger. But YOU think you are TOO GOOD for that kind of work when you really should be grateful you never had to.

I dont work at WalMart but I would never look down on someone who does, cuz at least they are working and trying to provide for themselves.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
I dont work at WalMart but I would never look down on someone who does, cuz at least they are working and trying to provide for themselves.

Madtown packer, do yo understand the phase "getting a taste of your own medicine?" Hey you started it.

I have worked at wal-mart and a burger joint in HS to earn the income for my "addiction," so I know that its work at those places. Who said i look down at people who works at such and such places? In a way, although I disagree with some of their labor practices, I admire wal-mart for helping lower the unemployment rate. I also admire the blue-collar workers who get up to work each day and work diligently for their families.

the_idle_threat
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM

LOL This story is hilarious! If I were drinking milk, it would surely be coming out of my nose!

GBRulz
06-27-2006, 09:19 PM
ok Tank, i've been gone for 2 weeks and am trying to catch up on the posts here. So tell me, is reading through your entire blog worth it or can you sum it up for me in a paragraph? :wink:

MadtownPacker
06-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I can do it in one sentence.

Tank didnt get the girl!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
ok Tank, i've been gone for 2 weeks and am trying to catch up on the posts here. So tell me, is reading through your entire blog worth it or can you sum it up for me in a paragraph? :wink:

What is up Michele. I thought you and BF4MVP went and got married in Vegas. :cool:

MadtownPacker is right. I couldn't get the girl (see the song lyrics the girl i liked). But I will try again. Steve Urkel never quit and in the end he won the girl's heart. :)

GBRulz
06-27-2006, 10:25 PM

What is up Michele. I thought and and BF4MVP went and got married in Vegas. :cool:

MadtownPacker is right. I couldn't get the girl (see the song lyrics the girl i liked). But I will try again. Steve Urkel never quit and in the end he won the girl's heart. :)

Aww, sorry to hear that Tank. Next time, perhaps lay off the hiking of the pants, ok? That scares some people :wink:

I'm just having a busy summer. WI has what, 3-4 nice months out of the year, hell if I'm spending it indoors if I have to !!!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that Tank. Next time, perhaps lay off the hiking of the pants, ok? That scares some people :wink:

I bought some Vigera from Harlan. That is why I couldnt hide the horniess.
:mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Good grief! I hope the Little Red-Haired Girl won't walk by and see me looking up the National Socialist party on my computer at work! I don't want her to think I'm a Nazi or anything ... I'm a Commie, and that's different!

I just can't wait 'til I'm through another boring data-entry day so I can get home and smoke weed with my roomy Pig Pen. He may be a filthy flower child, but he can roll a fatty like nobody's business! Maybe we'll steal Linus' blanket and roll the mother of them all ...

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Alright, I'm here.

Where's todays blog entries????

Fosco33
06-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Madtown packer, do yo understand the phase "getting a taste of your own medicine?" Hey you started it.

I have worked at wal-mart and a burger joint in HS to earn the income for my "addiction," so I know that its work at those places. Who said i look down at people who works at such and such places? In a way, although I disagree with some of their labor practices, I admire wal-mart for helping lower the unemployment rate. I also admire the blue-collar workers who get up to work each day and work diligently for their families.

WalMart is bad for healthcare and leads to increased cost for society. As an extreme liberal - shouldn't you hate WalMart for their sexist practices, non labor union and minimal benefits for FTEs?

Partial
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Yet conservatives hate Walmart since they kill off the small businesses. What it comes down to is there is really nothing good about Wal-Mart for businesses or employees, only consumers.

the_idle_threat
06-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I like Wal-Mart.

Harlan Huckleby
06-28-2006, 06:58 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Yet conservatives hate Walmart since they kill off the small businesses. What it comes down to is there is really nothing good about Wal-Mart for businesses or employees, only consumers.

I was looking at a breakdown of shoppers by family income. It turns out that the average income of customers at Wal-Mart is dramatically lower than other discount stores, like Target & Shopco. Sorry I can't remember the numbers, but it blew me away.

Wal-mart is a lifeline for poor people. Of course there is a problem with driving-out small businesses. But a Wal-mart boycott is an elitist idea that isn't gonna work.

We need national health insurance, that's the real underlying problem.

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 07:06 PM

Wal-Mart delivers value to their customers and their shareholders by driving cost out of the supply chain, driving prices down to end users. So did Amazon. There is nothing inherently wrong there. It represented a paradigm shift for small businesses that were unable to react and compete.

The solution in capatalism is the same as it's always been - evolve or become extinct. And it works the same way in business as it does in nature.

Partial
06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
agreed, I am not one to boycott walmart, I shop there all the time. It's convient and great to have all my goods (especially at school where there aren't many options) in the one place (super-walmart).

It is also significantly cheaper (several dollars for same products) then the local grocery store.

I really wish Wal-Mart would just pay their employees better. Cost Co pays their full-time employees 42,000 a year I read in an article. They did this because it gives them enough to put their kids through school and live a good live. In addition to this, it raised moral and made the workers something like ten times as productive. It was an interesting study. Tomorrow at work i'll see if I can pull it up.

Partial
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Wal-Mart delivers value to their customers and their shareholders by driving cost out of the supply chain, driving prices down to end users. So did Amazon. There is nothing inherently wrong there. It represented a paradigm shift for small businesses that were unable to react and compete.

The solution in capatalism is the same as it's always been - evolve or become extinct. And it works the same way in business as it does in nature.

right, but there are laws and regulations that have been broke in the past by wal-mart in a deliberate attempt to monopolize the small town. For example, Wal-Mart has been taken to court by so many companies for selling products below their cost in order to grab shoppers, and then once they kill off the other business, they hike up their prices again. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't understand the legality of it, but at the very least one has to agree its unethical. Obviously, a company like that can afford to take a hit for an extended period of time until it monopolizes that stuff.

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 07:19 PM

right, but there are laws and regulations that have been broke in the past by wal-mart in a deliberate attempt to monopolize the small town. For example, Wal-Mart has been taken to court by so many companies for selling products below their cost in order to grab shoppers, and then once they kill off the other business, they hike up their prices again. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't understand the legality of it, but at the very least one has to agree its unethical. Obviously, a company like that can afford to take a hit for an extended period of time until it monopolizes that stuff.

I'm not familiar with the intracacies of monopolistic practices, but I am aware that there are laws against predatory pricing. If Walmart abuses the system, I'm confident they'll get their just due. People are watching them like a hawk now. They get plenty of bad press.

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I really wish Wal-Mart would just pay their employees better. Cost Co pays their full-time employees 42,000 a year I read in an article. They did this because it gives them enough to put their kids through school and live a good live. In addition to this, it raised moral and made the workers something like ten times as productive. It was an interesting study. Tomorrow at work i'll see if I can pull it up.

I'm not sure Costco is being completely altruistic. They're getting value for that $42K, as their employees seem far more capable than those I've seen at Sam's and Walmart.

Fosco33
06-28-2006, 07:26 PM

I won't disagree with this statement but there are other underlying reasons why I dislike WalMart (I got into a debate w/ some coworkers a few months ago and ended up reading about 500 pages of pro/cons).

WalMart accounts for a large majority of retail sales for the US. Most of these products are purchased or produced in China resulting in a huge trade deficit. Implicitly, you'd think most of these companies (based in China) are US subsidiaries - but they are not. WalMart imports $20-$30B every year from China.

WalMart works on margins and a few deep discount products to bring in the masses (overall, there prices are lower but not significantly lower - say 2-4 % vs. other retailers). As they pressure the supply chain of US businesses (to evolve or disappear) - these companies are forced to lay off workers, cutting wages/benes or going overseas. True though, this has forced the productivity and innovation of US companies - that is until they get laid off and go work for WalMart (at which time they can't support their family and society has to step in).

I've yet to buy into the fact that with education (which doesn't appear to be improving) the US will be a service economy (focused on tech, engineering and biomed). We still need a positive trade balance with foreign countries and will always have demand for certain industries (agriculture specifically).

What was more intriguing in my research - the savings that customers saved didn't get piped back into other disposable/discretionary expenditures - instead it went right to the Walton family.

Personally, I've never spent a dollar directly at WalMart - I steer clear from them mainly because the customers and employees are disgusting - call me an elitist - I don't care. I'm not into pinching pennies yet.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Alright, I'm here.

I am too busy to be writting bloggs during breaks now a day. I am too busy talking to the girl i liked during breaks. I've used the the Nut Roll's so called friend apporch and played it cool with her and so far it has worked. I may be getting into something. Stay turned.

Fosco, good take on walmart. I couldnt have said it any better.

KYPack
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
[quote=Scott Campbell]

He's not normal - he's got a damned thick skin. I've insulted him in every way imaginable - blatent, subtle, confrontationally, sarcastically. It has had no effect whatsoever.quote]

Campbell and Campbell, what exactly did you do, I know not. Whatever you wrote, I care not. As posters, the worst we can do is play mind games; my words are psychology to you, if you let it be. With the exception of perhaps the Kentucky (hey, he broke his promise of being "radio silence" toward me), I've never singled out any other poster to ridicules or degrade them. Thompson is a public figure and like all public figures, he is prone to ridicules and sarcasms. You can say anything you like about Sherman, and if I don't let it bother me or if I don't read what you writes, it won't bother me. Its all psychology.

Well this Blog is drawing posts, so this bump won't help it one way or the other.

Tank, confirmation that I've psyched you out is like a medal to me.

I've glanced thru your Blog.

Listen to Nutz, his advice is sound.

Seek some professional help. You need it badly.

I didn't promise radio silence, I stated it. I really only violate it when you lie or go into "broken record" mode.

retailguy
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Have you been fired? Or just on vacation? After all, you've been there three or four weeks. You ought to have earned a week off by now....

retailguy
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
What was more intriguing in my research - the savings that customers saved didn't get piped back into other disposable/discretionary expenditures - instead it went right to the Walton family.

Huh? Shouldn't the "savings that customers saved" be with the customers, not with the Walton family? I don't follow what is bad about the customers saving money.

What do we care what the Waltons do with the money they've earned? By the way, the ONLY way that the dollars don't get "piped" back into the economy is if the Walton's take the cash, put it into a sock, and stick it into their mattress.

Other than that, it's piped somewhere. Whether they do it, the bank does it, or whatever, it is still working.

jack's smirking revenge
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Alright, I'm here.

I am too busy to be writting bloggs during breaks now a day. I am too busy talking to the girl i liked during breaks. I've used the the Nut Roll's so called friend apporch and played it cool with her and so far it has worked. I may be getting into something. Stay turned.

Fosco, good take on walmart. I couldnt have said it any better.

Good deal Tank. I'm waiting with baited breath for pics of her.

Best of luck!

tyler

Fosco33
06-30-2006, 03:54 PM

Huh? Shouldn't the "savings that customers saved" be with the customers, not with the Walton family? I don't follow what is bad about the customers saving money.

What do we care what the Waltons do with the money they've earned? By the way, the ONLY way that the dollars don't get "piped" back into the economy is if the Walton's take the cash, put it into a sock, and stick it into their mattress.

Other than that, it's piped somewhere. Whether they do it, the bank does it, or whatever, it is still working.

LOL. What I meant is that the perceived savings from shopping at WalMart are not generally kept by the consumer (for other investments or critical expenses) - instead it's given to WalMart by purchasing more things - some of which are not critical. Let's say this money given to the Walton's is then invested back into creating more WalMarts - further reducing suppliers based in the US and increasing the trade deficit.

retailguy
06-30-2006, 04:17 PM
LOL. What I meant is that the perceived savings from shopping at WalMart are not generally kept by the consumer (for other investments or critical expenses) - instead it's given to WalMart by purchasing more things - some of which are not critical. Let's say this money given to the Walton's is then invested back into creating more WalMarts - further reducing suppliers based in the US and increasing the trade deficit.

Well, part one is a consumer problem, not a Wal-mart problem. I agree with you that this problem exists and it is an epidemic, but I don't think we can blame that on Wal-Mart however. What happened to personal responsibility? I have yet to be "held at gunpoint" by a Wal-Mart cashier until I bought more Chinese goods than I wanted.

Purchasing non critical things is an epidemic in this country. For example, is ANYTHING purchased at Best Buy really a "necessity"? How much of Best Buy's stuff is "Made in the USA"? Can you even purchase a US made TV anymore? I don't think so...

Face it Fosco, we don't make much anymore. We can blame the trade deficit on Wal-Mart, but, in reality, they're just the largest and easiest to point fingers at. Our economy is changing, we're not primarily manufacturing anymore. That is not Wal-Mart's fault. There are many factors for this.

Wal-Mart is not "reducing suppliers" in the US. Suppliers are responsible for maintaining and growing their businesses. If they can be "price competitive" Wal-Mart will buy from them. If they can't, they won't. You do the same thing in your household on a smaller scale. Why is it OK for you to "comparison shop", but it isn't for Wal-Mart?

Fosco33
06-30-2006, 04:31 PM

Well, part one is a consumer problem, not a Wal-mart problem. I agree with you that this problem exists and it is an epidemic, but I don't think we can blame that on Wal-Mart however. What happened to personal responsibility? I have yet to be "held at gunpoint" by a Wal-Mart cashier until I bought more Chinese goods than I wanted.

Purchasing non critical things is an epidemic in this country. For example, is ANYTHING purchased at Best Buy really a "necessity"? How much of Best Buy's stuff is "Made in the USA"? Can you even purchase a US made TV anymore? I don't think so...

Face it Fosco, we don't make much anymore. We can blame the trade deficit on Wal-Mart, but, in reality, they're just the largest and easiest to point fingers at. Our economy is changing, we're not primarily manufacturing anymore. That is not Wal-Mart's fault. There are many factors for this.

Wal-Mart is not "reducing suppliers" in the US. Suppliers are responsible for maintaining and growing their businesses. If they can be "price competitive" Wal-Mart will buy from them. If they can't, they won't. You do the same thing in your household on a smaller scale. Why is it OK for you to "comparison shop", but it isn't for Wal-Mart?

Agreed. The only people benefiting from WalMart are their consumers (which I am not), investors and owners. The problem I have with WalMart (and this is pointing out WalMart) is I have to pay for their employees healthcare (in part) and on a much smaller scale the social benefits of employees of the companies that couldn't compete with China, Ireland or India (at a wage differential of $0.50/hr vs $10-$15/hr w/ benefits).

Who knows - maybe WalMart choses (or is forced) to provide healthcare and better wages OR maybe they build clinics in every store for their employees. Being in the healthcare sector, I see and feel the effects of the uninsured on a daily basis. If a FTE can't support their family on a WalMart salary (at WalMart's own admission), who really benefits in the end?

Partial
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
On an unrelated note, do we want the Wal-Mart talk moved to it's own thread? Tank, it's your call.

Partial
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Retailguy, how can we fix that problem? I think it can be contributed to the fact the american dream is no longer hard work and providing for a family, it's driving a beamer and living in orange county. Secondly, I blame unions. It's going to be even worse when my generation is grown up, everyone I know dreams of having a big house with a pool and a talk and a mercedes parked in the driveway. They are all going to school for engineering, or plan on getting an mba, or to be lawyers or doctors.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
6-30-06 at 5:45 PM ET

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were flirting some at lunch and out of the blue the question pops up again. She said yes this time. I am picking her up at 7 tonight. We will go to dinner, see a movie (Superman) and then clubbing. She lives in Silver Spring so I am hoping she'll be too tired after tonight and opts to spend the night at my place. I am trying to decide whether to wear the blue dress shirt or the red one, with tie or without tie. The roomates are saying the blue one and without.

Later folks. :cool:

BallHawk
06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Tank, if this is true than Congrats.

DON"T FUCK IT UP! :mrgreen:

Partial
06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Are you caucausion or africa-american? If caucasian, tan or pale? Are you wearing jeans? Light or dark? Do you have curve cologne? Curve gets you laid.

edit - actually i'd go with the red either way, its summer. Blue is too wintery. Red is bold and confident. Unless you're really pale, then go with black.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2006, 05:36 PM
6-30-06 at 5:45 PM ET

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were flirting some at lunch and out of the blue the question pops up again. She said yes this time. I am picking her up at 7 tonight. We will go to dinner, see a movie (Superman) and then clubbing. She lives in Silver Spring so I am hoping she'll be too tired after tonight and opts to spend the night at my place. I am trying to decide whether to wear the blue dress shirt or the red one, with tie or without tie. The roomates are saying the blue one and without.

Later folks. :cool:

Tonights the night. Drop the Darren Charles story on her and she'll be putty in your hands.

GrnBay007
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
For God's sake use a condom, we don't need you reproducing!!! :shock:

:twisted: j/k but use one anyway if the special moment happens.

-

Scott Campbell
06-30-2006, 06:57 PM
By special, do you mean awkward?

And like you, I just assumed it wouldn't take longer than a moment.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM

I just had a mental picture of a father/son bong-a-thon.

GrnBay007
06-30-2006, 07:21 PM

...with cold play music in the background, as tank recounts the Darren Charles story to his son for the 100th time.

-

Scott Campbell
06-30-2006, 09:01 PM

...with cold play music in the background, as tank recounts the Darren Charles story to his son for the 100th time.

-

The closest he'll ever come to covering anyone like a blanket is when he tucks that kid in.

BallHawk
06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
:twisted: j/k but use one anyway if the special moment happens.
-

That special moment will probably end in crying. I can only imagine all the things that could go wrong with Tank in bed. For the wellbeing of fellow posters I won't list them.

BallHawk
06-30-2006, 09:30 PM
And he'll probably lie about getting laid, when she'll probably walk out at the restauraunt because he gets found with grass in his jacket pocket.

jack's smirking revenge
06-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I am so freakin' impressed Tank! Way to go, old dog! Hope you treated her like a lady.

tyler

SkinBasket
07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Make sure you don't forget to give your left hand some attention too. All of this projecting can have a negetive ego effect if not done properly and proportionally.

Bretsky
07-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I am so freakin' impressed Tank! Way to go, old dog! Hope you treated her like a lady.

tyler

The whole world wonders if Tank got sum serious booty last night.

retailguy
07-01-2006, 11:12 AM
[quote="Partial"]Retailguy, how can we fix that problem? I think it can be contributed to the fact the american dream is no longer hard work and providing for a family, it's driving a beamer and living in orange county. Secondly, I blame unions. It's going to be even worse when my generation is grown up, everyone I know dreams of having a big house with a pool and a talk and a mercedes parked in the driveway. They are all going to school for engineering, or plan on getting an mba, or to be lawyers or doctors.[/quote

There are actually two "problems" in my opinion, Partial. First, there is a real problem with healthcare in this country. Second, some think it is Wal-Mart's fault, or other companies.

First, Fosco's Wal-Mart issue. He says that he "pays" for Wal-mart employee health care. In a way, he does. He blames this on Wal-Mart, and this is where I break company with him. I blame it on the employee who lacks the motivation to get an education, move, or lacks the desire to improve their life.

Wal-Mart is not and should not be required to provide health benefits to its employees. In the free market, they should be able to choose and they have chosen. Quite simply, they can find "suitable" employees without offering benefits. Most Wal-Mart jobs are not designed to be career paths. Some management jobs are, and they are compensated accordingly, most with GREAT benefits.

Hourly employee positions are designed to be STARTER jobs, NOT career jobs. If the employee decides to "make Wal-Mart cashiering a career", they need to accept the pay and lack of benefits that go along with it. That, and the issues that come about because of that decision (lack of retirement & healthcare) are THE EMPLOYEES PROBLEM, NOT Wal-Mart's. We all have a choice to get educated or not educated, and we as a society need to accept the fact that the days of $25/hr to be a grocery cashier with cradle to grave medical are GONE.

When Wal-Mart cannot recruit suitable employees they will change their benefit package. Until that happens, they should not be forced to offer things that they don't need to attract quality employees.

retailguy
07-01-2006, 11:19 AM
That being said, what do we do with the health care "crisis"?

Simply EDUCATE people.

When we as a society are willing to give our auto mechanic $80 per hour to fix our SUV, but FREAK OUT because the doctor wants $100 for an office visit, there is something wrong. Our perceptions are OUT OF WHACK with reality.

We need to accept that we as individuals need to PAY for quality medical care.

Benefits plans and insurance need to reflect this. An example would be an insurance plan that allows 2 - 4 visits per year at at normal co-pay, but insurance has a 1500 annual deductible with 80-20 coverage. People need incentive to THINK before they head to the doctor to get the latest "sniffle" or "scratch" repaired.

We need to focus on "preventative" medical care. We need to lower the cost of "preventative" care, and raise the cost of care for those who "plan poorly".

Socialized medicine is not the answer. I live near the Canadian border and our doctors offices are filled with Canadians crossing the border paying willingly to not wait 2 years for minor surgeries that could be done for free in Canada.

We need to stop "blaming" people, corporations, and insurance companies for the "problem" and work together for a solution.

BallHawk
07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
I see Tank's situation this way.

A(the most probable one) Tank got the girl back to his place and Tank was gonna get some, but he said something completely stupid and is now crying in his bedroom closet.

B(The unlikely one) TANK GOT LAID!!!!!

Partial
07-01-2006, 02:58 PM
The topic of Wal-Mart has been moved to it's own dedicated thread by Fosco. Please post further topics there.

retailguy
07-01-2006, 03:01 PM
The topic of Wal-Mart has been moved to it's own dedicated thread by Fosco. Please post further topics there.

You are no fun. Tank is Wal-Mart. :evil:

Actually, Tank, how did the date go?

Bretsky
07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Note to Tank,

I made major fiscal bets against you scoring the other night; figured you prolly liked her so you'd be conservative and take it easy.

Inquiring minds wanna know if I was right.

B

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 01:09 AM
We had a great time on the date, and then some. Went to Atlantic City Sat and just got back. Yes she went along. I will write about it trm, if i have time. I am too tired tonite. Going to bed now; gotta get up for work trm.

woodbuck27
07-05-2006, 03:38 AM
We had a great time on the date, and then some. Went to Atlantic City Sat and just got back. Yes she went along. I will write about it trm, if i have time. I am too tired tonite. Going to bed now; gotta get up for work trm.

GG don't lay out all the details Tank. Be discreet.

It would be your luck that sometime she reads this thread and well. . .down in the river baby ! Just like a wet log.

Then she'll tell all her girlfriends and they'll tell all theirs and on and on it goes, and your forced to move out of State to ever get laid again.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM

GG don't lay out all the details Tank. Be discreet.

It would be your luck that sometime she reads this thread and well. . .down in the river baby ! Just like a wet log.

Then she'll tell all her girlfriends and they'll tell all theirs and on and on it goes, and your forced to move out of State to ever get laid again.

Woodbuck, you are very wise. I will be discreet. I will explain later if I can. right now I am very busy instant msging the girl I liked.

Partial
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
liked eh?

BallHawk
07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
the girl I liked.

Liked? Well, that's what happens when you roleplay as Mike Sherman during sex.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
7-05-06 at 7PM ET

Dear Blogg,

I will follow WB's advice and be discret. Obviously, I will be dead meat if she finds out I am writing about her. So i will be more abstract than consise.

The date was great. Many of you think i was going to fuck up. Cmon, people! I see her 5 times a week for 3 weeks before we went out. If i was nervous, I lost it during the second week. Did we do it? That is none of you business.

Me, the girl, two of my roomates and their g/fs then drove to atlantic city on saturday. One of my roomate couldnt go becuase he had to work on Monday, while we all got 4 days weekends. We gambled a lot. All said, when you include expenses such as hotel cost, gambling money, gas money, food and drinks money, etc, i probably charged about $3000 to the dad's credit card (couldve been more but i was cool). I havent called him to tell him yet, and I am going to wait until the bill comes in the mail and then wait til he contact me. I was only supposed to use that credit card to pay the rental bill for this summer. I am sure father will understand. I couldve done nothing this summer but instead went and got a job and gained some vaulable experiences. I deserved to have fun.

All in all, I and the girl had a hell of a time. Back to the date. Did we do it? I wont say but I will say this: she likes to smoke weed from time to time, and we smoked together that nite. I will leave with this song i wrote 5 minutes ago:

We are swimming in outer space
In this high I can only see your face
Your body against mine we drift away
From the friendly games we used to play

How much farther should we go?
I was hoping you wouldn’t know
I would float with you forever
In this high we can be lovers

The sun comes up and I’ve drowned
I had my share and my mind is downed
Who is this girl laying next me?
O memory, she’s a beauty

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, folks, there you have it. Tank struck out.

Harlan Huckleby
07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
no, no. Do you ever watch "Blind Date"? This was practically a home run.
Well, he never touched home plate, but the love connection is well established.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, folks, there you have it. Tank struck out.

Read the lyrics again and try to interpret it, and you will see what i mean. :)

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I read them. It was the lament of a guy who wanted, but didn't receive.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I read them. It was the lament of a guy who wanted, but didn't receive.

At the small sum of 3000 of dad's hard earned dollars. Douchedom has no limits. No limits!

Wal Mart
Wal Mart
Wal Mart
Wal Mart
Wal Mart
Wal Mart

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Tank's got a job. He can pay Dad back lest he cut off the funds entirely (which is what any normal parent would do).

Bretsky
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't believe Tank charged up 3G on his dad's credit card. That's too low for Tank.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
You, mJ, is the perfect example for why women lacks the brain-power to write good songs, with the exception of Fiona Apple. She is a goddamn good lyricists in addition to being a goddamn good muscian.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Tank's got a job. He can pay Dad back lest he cut off the funds entirely (which is what any normal parent would do).

Would any normal parent have raised something as loathsom as tank? Dad's probably to blame for this mass of confused cells and uncontrolled impulses.

MJZiggy
Perhaps the problem is not in the perception, but the performance.

Harlan Huckleby
I always thought Fiona Apple was dopey.

But I am impressed with what i've heard of her latest album.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
BTW, it's only the classiest girls who wake up with the sticky remanents of dry mouth in some guy's room after the first date. I hope you walked your right hand home in the morning to make her feel better about herself.

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Would any normal parent have raised something as loathsom as tank? Dad's probably to blame for this mass of confused cells and uncontrolled impulses.

Ok, you make a good case there...It's a good thing he didn't get any--that at least tells me there's justice in the world. Come to think about it, justice may arrive when young Tanker's gotta stand on his own feet without daddy's assistance and he can no longer afford his weed.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't believe Tank charged up 3G on his dad's credit card. That's too low for Tank.

Actually, like i said, i couldve charged more. But my conscience hit me: i do not want to face the possible consequence having the dad cut off the card, which means having to pay the next month's rent myself. Hell, i might even have to work during the fall semester to pay off the debt. My father is a liberal but he is also a man who promotes responsibility. I probably could get away with 3k-4k.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 07:43 PM
My father is a liberal but he is also a man who promotes responsibility.

So now your claiming all liberals, by nature, are irresponsible? Goddamn, you make a stronger case for yourself everyday dufus.

Fosco33
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Actually, like i said, i couldve charged more. But my conscience hit me: i do not want to face the possible consequence having the dad cut off the card, which means having to pay the next month's rent myself. Hell, i might even have to work during the fall semester to pay off the debt. My father is a liberal but he is also a man who promotes responsibility. I probably could get away with 3k-4k.

You're a lucky kid, Tank. I was responsible for every penny after 18 (and most after 16). If my dad ever gave me his credit card (LOL) and I charged $3-$4 Gs on a weekend fling, I'd be hiding in Mexico 'til he passed.

Gambling, drinking and smoking weed - she sounds like a keeper to me. And if you shared a bed, you may have played a little Vince Vaughn on her...

"Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation."

"And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."

Mazzin
07-05-2006, 08:00 PM
What is the deal foreskin, you just go around the forum calling everyone names, like a 8 year old i babysat last year? Real mature lil guy.

Partial
07-05-2006, 08:06 PM
first of all, I see why you're a liberal tank. You get everything handed to you. 3000 dollars, plus rent, plus tuition out of state at a rich-bitch school? Three generations ago a member of my family started a business that has been passed down from generation to generation, so my family does very well itself, and I too have some of my instate tuition paid for, but if I ever racked up even 50 dollars on the emergency card for something like that I would be met with a fist to the face. That is ridiculous and shows your character. Quality guy, Tank is.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 08:09 PM
What is the deal foreskin, you just go around the forum calling everyone names, like a 8 year old i babysat last year? Real mature lil guy.

yes, actually that's what I've always done. Get over it teeniebopper.

Mazzin
07-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Do have with you partial, my parents would go ballistic, im going to college, working a job, and paying for my apartment and they don't help me at all but its okay, They took good care of me they don't owe me nothing.

BallHawk
07-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Tank, you're song doesn't have any flow. And who the hell is Fiona Apple?

And the sex probably ended in http://press.try.md/images/body/Man-Crying_200.jpg

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Man, Tank has you all hooked, he is craving your opinions of his little rampage with the CC.

My opinio, is if your dad is as big of a fuckwad as you Tank, then you have every single fucking right to take advantage of his mental handicaps. Good for you.

Whatever you do, beg and plead, but don't get that job in the fall. That would really suck.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-05-2006, 11:39 PM
My opinio, is if your dad is as big of a fuckwad as you Tank, then you have every single fucking right to take advantage of his mental handicaps. Good for you.

Nut roll, John Fucking Kerry is a liberal and he isnt addicted to drugs. My dad's a liberal and doesnt do drugs. He is an Orthopedic Surgeon at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. Discourage us children, including me, to use drugs. Heck, he even cut off my allowance once he found out I was buying weed with it. Had to work at Wal-Mart and a burger joint in HS to buy the shit. Once I turned 18, it is my decision regarding marijuana. People thinks I am stoned all day. I usually just smoke at night to relax.

Partial
07-06-2006, 12:37 AM
We don't think you're stoned all day, we think you're an immature, spoiled punk who has a lot to learn about the world!! You just spent 3000 dollars of your dads money. It is very, very evident your perspective on the world is fucked.

GrnBay007
07-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Don't worry partial, the attention seeking, all about me concept only takes you so far in this world. One day he will be forced to be an adult with adult responsibilities and the shock will be overwhelming. Of course with the Daddy credit card, it may take much longer to sink in then for most of us. Trust me, you will earn the respect of others from your hard work and ability to take care of yourself and suceed. Respect is earned. It's not something a credit card can buy.

Bossman641
07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
It's very easy to be a liberal when you have everything handed to you.

I'm glad your conscience caught up to you once you had only rang up $3,000 on the credit card. My dad would absolutely kill me if I did that.

Tony Oday
07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
3k well my did wouldnt have killed me he would have made me pay for it. Get a job my little idiot and pay your dad back or atleast make arrangements to do it. HE works hard for his money if he is a surgeon than he was in school working his arse off not blazing away his last brain cells. HE was working so you can have options in your life to make it better not live off of his legacy and inheritance.

the_idle_threat
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Gotta hand it to Fiona Apple ... she may or may not be a good musician, but she sure has a talent for lookin like a heroin addict.

http://static.flickr.com/30/43152038_07332b91c2_m.jpg

Partial
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
HE was working so you can have options in your life to make it better not live off of his legacy and inheritance.

I felt the need to quote this again because its very important and very true.

MadtownPacker
07-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I dont know about you guys but I wish I could get tank and his Dads CC over here in CA so I could rob his ass!

woodbuck27
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
"I probably could get away with 3k-4k." Anti-Polar Bear

Whoa whoa whoa !!

Jaysus, Mary and Joseph Tank. After all those $K's you had better of gotten (You fill in the blank).

That is a hell of a wad of good money to have tossed away my friend. Your pizza's must have been ALL dressed. :mrgreen:

mraynrand
07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that Dr. McCormick would be very concerned were he to read this Blogg.

Fosco33
07-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the wise words, Harlan. But I believe there is a better alternative: single night stands. I did some research on the cost of certain "call girls" and the price ranges from $250-$450 for half an hour. I am in a college environment, so there's plenty of horny girls looking for experience. Say dinner for 2 cost $20, two movie tickets cost $15 and hotel room cost $80, altogether equals to $115. That's more economic than hiring a prostitute.

Of course if your goal is to get laid, then hiring a prostitute might be the better option since not all girls are willing to have sex on the first date. But as a man of virtue, I'd rather take my chance than have sex "unethically."

$4,000 weekend stand... :lol:

MJZiggy
07-06-2006, 11:20 PM
That would be assuming he got any... :shock:

Bretsky
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the wise words, Harlan. But I believe there is a better alternative: single night stands. I did some research on the cost of certain "call girls" and the price ranges from $250-$450 for half an hour. I am in a college environment, so there's plenty of horny girls looking for experience. Say dinner for 2 cost $20, two movie tickets cost $15 and hotel room cost $80, altogether equals to $115. That's more economic than hiring a prostitute.

Of course if your goal is to get laid, then hiring a prostitute might be the better option since not all girls are willing to have sex on the first date. But as a man of virtue, I'd rather take my chance than have sex "unethically."

$4,000 weekend stand... :lol:

the prostitute would have saved his dad $3500

Partial
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
do prostitutes take credit, though? :lol:

Zool
07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Guess where you slide the card.....

Anti-Polar Bear
07-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Folks, I am not desperate enough to hire a strumpet. I had no regret what transpired last weekend. The girl and I shared a hotel room in AC. I can probably remimburse the dad by showing him a good report card. I can archieve stright As when I am motiviated. I will just use this debt as a motivation.

BallHawk
07-07-2006, 08:51 AM
But did you get some?

MJZiggy
07-07-2006, 08:55 AM
And it hasn't occurred to you that now that you've taken this person to a weekend in Atlantic City and tossed $$ at her the whole while, that she's going to now be expecting you to fork over more cash whenever she wants something because it's obvious daddy's willing to pay the bill. $3K is just the beginning and you'll never know whether she's willing to be seen with you again for you or daddy's cash. And if she really did sleep with you, which I highly doubt, then it's even worse because that just means she's not the kind of girl you take home anyway.

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Trip to Atlantic City for gambling: $3000 on daddy's card

Food, Drinking, Smoking and a Motel 6 room: $1000 on daddy's card

Tank with a severe case of blue balls: PRICELESS!!!

Fosco33
07-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Folks, I am not desperate enough to hire a strumpet. I had no regret what transpired last weekend. The girl and I shared a hotel room in AC. I can probably remimburse the dad by showing him a good report card. I can archieve stright As when I am motiviated. I will just use this debt as a motivation.

The point Blue Dog was trying to make - women can be expensive. In your case, really expensive. Asked b/w a gfriend, a street walker - you chose the third option - Daddy's card.

You also piped back that you could get a one night stand for relatively cheap sex.

Your weekend wasn't cheap - I doubt there was sex.

MJZiggy
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Fosco, you know there wasn't. I'm not even sure I believe he went to AC. Did you leave on Friday from your date?

Harlan Huckleby
07-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Your weekend wasn't cheap - I doubt there was sex.

I like Seinfeld's definition of when sex has occured: "Sex has occured when the nipple makes its first appearance."

Anti-Polar Bear
07-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Fosco, you know there wasn't. I'm not even sure I believe he went to AC. Did you leave on Friday from your date?

Mj, are you married? do you have kids? If you anwsered yes to both questions, that mean you have fucked before. Do you make a big deal out of it every time you fuck your husband?

I am not one of those guys who fuck a girl and then brag about it to other people.

We went to AC on Saturday. Stayed there for 3 nites. Since it was 4th of july weekend the hotel rates arent cheap. Had to share a room with the girl, since my roomates had girlfriends and they wanted to be with them. Whatever we did in that room is none of your business.

MJZiggy
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Whatever we did in that room is none of your business.

I believe that's the first admirable thing I've ever heard you say.

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Whatever we did in that room is none of your business.

I believe that's the first admirable thing I've ever heard you say.

naaa!! that was mazzin typing as tank :mrgreen:

Mazzin
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Little whiskey, please just look in my thread. I mean between here and JSO i have been with these people for over a year and half....I mean come on if someone could keep up with everything i have told you guys than damn they are good, and we all know tanks brain is too fried for that :smile: :wink:

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
i didn't think there was room in your thread, when you, skinbasket, and harlan get after each other?? :mrgreen:

naa im just being a smart ass. stiring the pot a little bit.

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 02:53 PM

Then . . . . . it's ALL GOOD Tank. Your smokin'.

A man with Honours at College and your ethicical values and perseverance has to do, just what is. . . . the RIGHT thing.

Great stuff young man. All you needed was a nice young Lady to sit up and notice you and your humble self - to channel through all that frustration you may have once endured, and will now set to the side.

Your on your way Tank, and it only cost $3 Grand and you restrained yourself there as well. A real deal.

Life is. . . all up now for YOU.

Tony Oday
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Hmm a report card with A's on it. Well since he is PAYING for college, PAYING for rent and Im sure he is PAYING for almost everything I think your little card with A's on it isnt really enough.

Scott Campbell
07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Did you get fired or something Tank?

Anti-Polar Bear
07-17-2006, 04:38 PM

Nope. Woodbuck got me worrying. The girl finds out i am writing about her in here and she might dump me right away. That plus, there's no time. I use all my breaks talking to her or instant msging her. I have been checking in here from work only when I am bored.

Partial
07-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Hmm a report card with A's on it. Well since he is PAYING for college, PAYING for rent and Im sure he is PAYING for almost everything I think your little card with A's on it isnt really enough.

nah, I think if you can swing it you should help your kids out. But the way to do it is for them to pay for it initially, and you pay them back based on their performance. If they graduate with a 3.0, they get it entirely payed for. If they graduate, they get half paid for. If they don't graduate, they're on the hook.

This gives the students incentive to do very well. I think that is the best possible situation for a student to succeed.

MJZiggy
07-17-2006, 05:09 PM

nah, I think if you can swing it you should help your kids out. But the way to do it is for them to pay for it initially, and you pay them back based on their performance. If they graduate with a 3.0, they get it entirely payed for. If they graduate, they get half paid for. If they don't graduate, they're on the hook.

This gives the students incentive to do very well. I think that is the best possible situation for a student to succeed.

Excuse me, I need to go call my mom...

Bretsky
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM

Nope. Woodbuck got me worrying. The girl finds out i am writing about her in here and she might dump me right away. That plus, there's no time. I use all my breaks talking to her or instant msging her. I have been checking in here from work only when I am bored.

Am I the only one thinking the Mighty Tank has fallen ? Booty whipped ?

Heck, it's fun being booty whipped anyways.

Cheers,
B

Tony Oday
07-18-2006, 10:05 AM

Im calling BS on this becaue he already knows his dad is footing the bill absolutely no incentive to over achieve.

Partial
07-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I am not referencing tank, I am just saying that if as a parent you can afford to help your children out and want to, its better to make them earn it by paying themselves up front and knowing they are in the hole massively if they don't perform rather than just paying for it yourself all up front.

Tony Oday
07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh Im in for that for sure! I paid my way through college and on graduation day my dad gave me my paid in full statements from my loans. He and my Mom decided if I graduated with a 3.5 or better I would get free school. Never told me that or I would have taken more out to party with ;)

Partial
07-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh Im in for that for sure! I paid my way through college and on graduation day my dad gave me my paid in full statements from my loans. He and my Mom decided if I graduated with a 3.5 or better I would get free school. Never told me that or I would have taken more out to party with ;)

Exactly! That is the way to do it. When the children think they're paying for it themselves you can be damn sure they're either going to give up after 1 year (waste 10k instead of 40k) or work their ass off and make the most of it. What a day that must have been on graduation when you were rewarded financially and with a diploma for all your hard work