PDA

View Full Version : TC report, AUG 1

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Just got back from TC. Rodgers looked really sharp. He hit Jennings on about a 35 yard bomb on the left sideline (right where I was sitting). Jennings slowed up and used his body to keep Harris away from the ball and then jumped away from Harris at the last second and hauled in a highlight reel catch.

Rodgers also lead a 2 minute scoring drive and completed pass after pass after pass. He looked very sharp. I yelled out "way to go ARod" a few times just so he felt some support. I don't want him to think all Packer fans are idiots and Aholes :)

This was a louder than usual crowd. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I think the Favre stuff is just getting old and people are accepting it a little more rather than showiing up pissed off.

I didn't pay all that close attn to the drills and things. I just watched Arod and the offense and it was a hell of a lot of fun. I can't wait for the season to start. I'm becoming a big fan of Rodgers.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
After watching some practices, do you still think Brohm will be better than Rodgers?

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
After watching some practices, do you still think Brohm will be better than Rodgers?

Not even close right now.

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Rodgers does not hold on to the ball at all. He drops back and passes the ball in rythm with almost no delay and he's not just throwing to throw. He seems to always hit the open guy.

LEWCWA
08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Just got back from TC. Rodgers looked really sharp. He hit Jennings on about a 35 yard bomb on the left sideline (right where I was sitting). Jennings slowed up and used his body to keep Harris away from the ball and then jumped away from Harris at the last second and hauled in a highlight reel catch.

Rodgers also lead a 2 minute scoring drive and completed pass after pass after pass. He looked very sharp. I yelled out "way to go ARod" a few times just so he felt some support. I don't want him to think all Packer fans are idiots and Aholes :)

This was a louder than usual crowd. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I think the Favre stuff is just getting old and people are accepting it a little more rather than showiing up pissed off.

I didn't pay all that close attn to the drills and things. I just watched Arod and the offense and it was a hell of a lot of fun. I can't wait for the season to start. I'm becoming a big fan of Rodgers.

I really can't understand why you and some others around here can't support Arod( or anyone else for that matter) without taking backhanded shots at people that don't agree with you....sure am glad your not a relative of mine!

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
'He completed pass after pass'..............well let's see how he does without a red shirt on..........hopefully as well. :wink:

boiga
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report, JH, after reading the GBPG review I was hoping someone would be there to share the enthusiasm.

Out of curiosity, were you the only one cheering A-Rod on? Or has the Fan base accepted him now?

The Leaper
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I would think the vast majority of fans are behind Rodgers. It isn't his fault Favre is gone. Most people don't want Favre back because Rodgers sucks...but because they believe Favre is a pretty damn good QB.

RashanGary
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the report, JH, after reading the GBPG review I was hoping someone would be there to share the enthusiasm.

Out of curiosity, were you the only one cheering A-Rod on? Or has the Fan base accepted him now?

It's getting better. There was a lot more cheering tonight than the last two I was at. There was some beer going around. The crowd was having more fun.

Rodgers gets occasionally heckled and not cheered directly very often. That said, if he comes out and picks up where he left off last preseason and against Dallas then I think he'll draw support. Some of it is natural but the heckling is just sad.

gex
08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
How did his colon look?

GBRulz
08-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Rodgers gets occasionally heckled and not cheered directly very often. That said, if he comes out and picks up where he left off last preseason and against Dallas then I think he'll draw support. Some of it is natural but the heckling is just sad.

That is absolutely classless for so called "fans" to do that. I don't care what your stance is on the Favre/Rodgers situation...you don't sit and heckle your own QB at a freaken practice, jeez. Unless his name is Rex :lol:

Zool
08-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Unless his name is Rex :lol:

Does that guy still play ball? I figure he's sort of the inverse Kurt Warner and he'll be shipping packages at UPS before too long.

The Gunshooter
08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
The sky is the limit for Rodgers.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I really do like what I hear from Rodgers (basically calls out the offense here, but also includes criticism of himself). It won't mean anything if he doesn't play well, but he definitely shows good leadership off-the-field.

It appears JH was correct about the heckling--which would be completely ASININE. Even if this kid was playing for another team, I'd root for him.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/299037

"We've got to improve; we've got to do a better job," Rodgers said between practices Friday. "We didn't execute very well (during the morning practice). We dropped some balls, we threw some poor balls and missed some assignments."

Rodgers saw the improvement he was looking for Friday evening. After failing to score in the first 2-minute drill of camp in the morning, Rodgers led the offense to a touchdown during the nighttime workout, keeping the drive alive with a pair of scrambles before rifling a 27-yard touchdown pass to Donald Driver between three defenders after the protection broke down...

Rodgers, meanwhile, said he is looking forward to Sunday night's scrimmage inside Lambeau Field and stayed on-message regarding the Favre situation — although he did acknowledge hearing "some interesting comments throughout camp so far just from the fence lines" where the fans watch practice.

"Obviously, you can't help but hear about it," he said. "I know I'm kind of in the middle of it, although it's more about Brett and the organization. I'm really focused on being the starting quarterback of this team right now and trying to find ways to be a leader for this football team."

boiga
08-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Actually, Rodgers had a funny moment immediately after saying that quote, Harvey. He starting talking about this really big guy wearing a "Fire Ted Thompson" t-shirt... who was too big to ignore. I think Rodgers was worried about ted safety... and maybe his own after seeing that guy.

You can see it at the end of his interview at official site.

bobblehead
08-02-2008, 12:51 AM
How did his colon look?

couple polyps, but they can be removed in the offseason.

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2008, 12:56 AM
My boss (a die-hard Chicago native and Bears fan) went out of his way a few days ago to post a pic of Favre from his SI Sportsman of the Year issue (with a superimposed crying baby head) on our bulletin board. I laughed and said hey whatever, but now he's talking shit saying how Favre will be a Bear. I laughed and said no matter the controversy in GB right now, at least we don't have two of the worst possible QB's in recent NFL years competing for a starting job in Chicago. (BTW, he lost $100 in a bet before last season to me where he claimed Rex would have a better 2007 season QB rating then Favre). Took that one to the bank. :lol: