PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw's take on Favre

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I have no idea where this comes from.........must have been from Canton today.

Terry Bradshaw's Comments:

There has to be more to this whole Brett Favre story than we really know right now. Because how is it possible that one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, maybe the greatest Packer ever, isn't given at least a chance to compete 4 his old job?

I have the feeling that Brett must have been pressured into retiring. When I retired, I was done. I couldn't throw. My body said I was done. I had no choice and never looked back, but Brett had a great year last season. I know he threw that interception against the Giants at the end of the NFC title game, but that isn't enough to say he's a declining player. I don't how you can label him a loser because of that; that they lost to the Giants and he didn't play well in the second half. As I recall, Tom Brady lost to the Giants, too.

I was at the Hall of Fame luncheon today in Canton and most of the former players I talked to thought it was insulting that the Packers are offering him some marketing deal with $20 million not to play. It's insulting to offer the money. How dare they do that simply to keep him from playing.

The other thing is: How can Packers coach Mike McCarthy really believe that Aaron Rodgers is better than Brett because of how Rodgers has performed in seven-on-seven drills in mini-camps? That's how he won the job — on the practice field!

Here's another QB who lost to the Giants in last year's playoffs. (Andy Lyons / Getty Images)

What's wrong with allowing Brett to come back and at least compete 4 his old job? Let the fans and coaches see who is the better quarterback. And if they are so worried about letting him compete in Green Bay, then let Brett go play somewhere else even if it means Minnesota.

A lot of great quarterbacks — Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Bert Jones and Joe Montana — finished their careers with another team. So what Brett is asking to do — to play somewhere else — is not that unusual. It didn't work out 4 all of those guys, but they still wanted to play and I think that's every player's right to make that decision.

I don't know how this is going to end. I still can't believe that the Packers aren't going to allow performance on the practice field, in training camp, to decide who gets the play. In the NFL, I thought the best player played.

The Packers have a real dilemma on their hands. If Brett doesn't take this money, and still asks to play 4 the Vikings and Green Bay doesn't let him, that franchise jeopardizes its relationship with one of its greatest players.

I mean, if Brett leaves the game angry, he may stay away from Green Bay 4ever. The hope is that within five years, he will be going into the Hall of Fame and the Packers would want to be a big part of that. But right now, it looks like the Packers have a lot of patching up to do.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Imagine that. TB supports Brett.
:D

I can't wait until John Madden's article comes out.
:D

LEWCWA
08-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I always knew Bradshaw was a genious!!

KYPack
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I have a pretty consistent method to evaluate a TB opinion.

He doesn't know what he's talking about, so I don't know what he's talking about.

That was real cute the way they put 4's in there instead of using the word "for". What was that shit all about?

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM

He doesn't know what he's talking about, so I don't know what he's talking about.

That was real cute the way they put 4's in there instead of using the word "for". What was that shit all about?

Actually, TB didn't do that, I 'lifted' this from the Brett Favre site.

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Ah screw it. Favre wants to play against the Pack, ship him to Detroit for a 7th and be done with it. They're not going to trade him to Minny only to have him come back and kick their asses twice...

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Ah screw it. Favre wants to play against the Pack, ship him to Detroit for a 7th and be done with it. They're not going to trade him to Minny only to have him come back and kick their asses twice...

Ahhh..........so you admit he still got some 'ass kicking' left in him :wink:

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
He's still a good quarterback, and playing in a dome, he doesn't have to worry about playing in the elements as much...

And I think the Vikes can probably kick the Lions' asses with TJack blindfolded much less having Favre on the roster... :lol:

Zool
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
And I think the Vikes can probably kick the Lions' asses with TJack blindfolded much less having Favre on the roster... :lol:

Hell we could prolly scrape together a team of posters and give the Lions a run.

The Gunshooter
08-01-2008, 11:44 PM

Bradshaw is just another a-hole stating his opinion without all the facts.

The Shadow
08-02-2008, 12:06 AM
It was said of Bradshaw that he couldn't spell 'cat' - even if you spotted him the 'c' and 't'.
More evidence!

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2008, 01:06 AM
I mean, if Brett leaves the game angry, he may stay away from Green Bay 4ever. The hope is that within five years, he will be going into the Hall of Fame and the Packers would want to be a big part of that. But right now, it looks like the Packers have a lot of patching up to do.

Look at it like this...it's obvious Brett can and wants to play, but is sickened that GB won't let him do it. Pretty damn disgusting. Yea, TB's Brett's boy, but I'd hate to look a few years from now and know that Favre (even ya TT homeboy's out there, yea, you JH) won't recognize, want to be a part of the Packer lore. :cry:

prsnfoto
08-02-2008, 11:07 AM

That describes every poster in this forum including me and you. None of us know all the facts but one thing is for sure this has created a fault line across the country and pitted Packer fans against each other and it is sad.
One last comment I would think whether you like TB or not he is a hell of a lot more qualified to comment on these matters than 99% of the posters on this forum being that he was an NFL player, he dealt with management, the media, fellow players, retirement from a professional sport etc.

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 11:22 AM

That describes every poster in this forum including me and you. None of us know all the facts but one thing is for sure this has created a fault line across the country and pitted Packer fans against each other and it is sad.
One last comment I would think whether you like TB or not he is a hell of a lot more qualified to comment on these matters than 99% of the posters on this forum being that he was an NFL player, he dealt with management, the media, fellow players, retirement from a professional sport etc.He may be more qualified, but he is an admitted Favre butt kisser, so natuarlly he would say what he said.

bbbffl66
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM

One last comment I would think whether you like TB or not he is a hell of a lot more qualified to comment on these matters than 99% of the posters on this forum being that he was an NFL player, he dealt with management, the media, fellow players, retirement from a professional sport etc.He may be more qualified, but he is an admitted Favre butt kisser, so natuarlly he would say what he said.

And JH is an admitted TT butt kisser, so naturally he says what he says!

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
There has to be more to this whole Brett Favre story than we really know right now.

This is the battle cry of the anguished Favre supporter.

Its true we don't know much about more recent negotiations, but the past is pretty well documented, both sides haved weighed in. Favre hasn't pulled any punches.

Guiness
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM

Hell we could prolly scrape together a team of posters and give the Lions a run.

Anybody here read the comic strip Tank McNammara?

He had a great comic a couple of years ago. Detroit rescheduled a game against Chicago to be a day earlier. Chicago wasn't on the field, and the announcer was ridiculing the fact that they were only leading 28-0 at half time :lol:

Chicago chartered a plane, showed up mad as hell, and won the game :P

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
There has to be more to this whole Brett Favre story than we really know right now.

This is the battle cry of the anguished Favre supporter.

Its true we don't know much about more recent negotiations, but the past is pretty well documented, both sides haved weighed in. Favre hasn't pulled any punches.

I didn't say that............Bradshaw did.................not that I don't agree with him tho.

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, he is an anguished Favre supporter, you know.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 01:24 PM
One last comment I would think whether you like TB or not he is a hell of a lot more qualified to comment on these matters than 99% of the posters on this forum being that he was an NFL player, he dealt with management, the media, fellow players, retirement from a professional sport etc.

Not really. We may not know all of the facts, but I wonder if he knows any. We care about this stuff. We know every detail. Many of those national guys know the headlines. I was listening to a lot of national sports radio yesterday, and it was amazing how little those guys knew about was actually going on.

Freak Out
08-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Another guys take....

As Hall of Famers Reunite, an Insult to a Future One
By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

As the N.F.L. celebrates Hall of Fame weekend, a future Hall of Fame quarterback, Brett Favre, is being told by his team that he can’t leave the plantation: that he won’t be released, that he won’t be traded to a rival, that he will be traded only for a king’s ransom.

This is not the way to treat Brett Favre. This is not conduct worthy of a franchise like Green Bay, certainly not on a weekend when players who have given so much to the game are being honored.

We are approaching the point in this fiasco that Ted Thompson, the Packers’ general manager, and Mark Murphy, the team’s president, should feel ashamed of themselves, followed closely by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The greatest insult was the Packers’ offer of a reported $20 million to Favre to stay retired, the idea behind the offer being that this was about money. Favre’s career was about performance; compensation was a byproduct of performance.

When you listen to Hall of Fame speeches in any sport, inductees don’t talk about the amount of money they made in their career. They talk about the joy of competing at the highest level and of having their talent recognized.

That the president of a team would offer a player of Favre’s stature money to stay away is a fireable offense.

Favre should reject the Packers’ offer. If he accepts it, his legacy will be more damaged than if he plays next season and the team goes 8-8.

The bizarre drama of this offer, now going into its second week, is taking some of the luster off Hall of Fame festivities, where old, aching warriors, with knee and hip replacements, welcome new members into the fold.

None of them have ever seen a spectacle like this: a player of Favre’s stature being told he is not wanted by the franchise he piloted to glory.

Willie Lanier, the Hall of Fame middle linebacker, said he was flabbergasted.

“There has not been anybody with that kind of high profile who’s played that many games, been small-town America, had all the records, has not been injured and ended up one game away from a Super Bowl,” Lanier said Friday by telephone.

“You’d think that would cause someone to say, ‘Boy, if we got that close, maybe if the stars align right, who knows?’ ”

During the last few weeks, the national news media have conjectured about the best new home for Favre. Oddly, considering his stature, there really hasn’t been a fit. The reason is that Green Bay is the only fit for Favre — and not as the Packers’ house boy. Green Bay is home, not Tampa Bay or New York or Carolina. Favre’s home is in Green Bay, and everyone, including Aaron Rodgers, the Packers’ new quarterback, knows it. In fact, if he is the leader the Packers think he is, Rodgers should prevail upon management to let Favre come back home.

The hopeful assumption is that Goodell will collar Green Bay executives this weekend in Canton, Ohio, persuade them to let go of ego and do what’s best for the game: admit their mistake and welcome Favre back to training camp with open arms. And pull Rodgers aside, extend his contract and ask him to let the franchise buy a little more time.

The N.F.L. released a statement explaining why it has taken so long to act on the Favre reinstatement letter:

“The Packers and Brett Favre are continuing their discussions. The commissioner preferred to let those discussions continue rather than act on the reinstatement petition today.”

There have been ferocious debates about Favre that in many ways go beyond football. In a fragile economic climate in which jobs are being lost, there is a poignancy in watching someone who has given so much not be allowed a change of heart about retirement. Sports should accommodate this sort of change of heart.

But the Green Bay Packers have threatened, and they have ignored. Now the club is pleading: Please, Brett. Pretty please. The Packers are willing to pay him to be the invisible man. They don’t want Favre in Minnesota, and they don’t want him in Chicago. They want Favre to be part of the Packers brand.

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy said the personal-services contract was offered when Favre retired in March and was not a last-ditch attempt to pay him to stay away from training camp. Sounds like hush money.

Favre has insisted all along that this is not about money, but about a mixture of honor and glory and the love of the game.

You can’t fault Favre if he takes the money, but hopefully he will tell Thompson and Murphy to keep their millions. He wants to play football.

On Hall of Fame weekend, the Packers want to turn Brett Favre into a $20 million greeter.

The league is bigger, if not better, than this.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 01:29 PM
that he will be traded only for a king’s ransom. .

A flat-out lie. FAvre is not being trade to Tampa or Jets because Favre refuses to talk to the teams.

how can you believe that this article will be any more than dishonest spin after this fib?

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 01:32 PM

A flat-out lie. FAvre is not being trade to Tampa or Jets because Favre refuses to talk to the teams.

how can you believe that this article will be any more than dishonest spin after this?

Which goes back to my point about the national sports media. Most of them don't have the time to know the intricate details. But it doesn't keep them from giving their opinion. A lot of people hear that opinion. Then, you have a bunch of people that are uniformed about the situation.

Bretsky stated in another thread that JSO is mostly pro-Packers on this. I've noticed the national writers are mostly pro-Favre on this. There's no question that those JSO writers know more about this situation than most of the national writers.

Anyways! That was my rant. I hate when you read an article, and it only takes a few paragraphs before you realize they really don't know what they are talking about.

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Wow.................

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM

how can you believe that this article will be any more than dishonest spin after this?

Which goes back to my point again about the national sports media. Most of them don't have the time to know the intricate details.

No, I think this is actually a case of the dude writing what he WANTS to believe. He acknowledged that the $20 mil was offered in March, yet still called it hush money and that it would disgrace Favre's image to take it. :bs2:

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm with TB........there has to be something more than what appears.
In the history of the Packers, they have never retired a jersey so soon after a player announced retirement (not even Reggie's), and why the 'removal of the locker'. Maybe I'm just skeptical of management.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Bretsky stated in another thread that JSO is mostly pro-Packers on this. I've noticed the national writers are mostly pro-Favre on this. There's no question that those JSO writers know more about this situation than most of the national writers.

And BTW, its not just JSO. The Madison writers (WSJ, Crap Times) have been mostly against Favre, and they traditionally snipe at Packer management. (They kiss the butts of the Badger coaches because that is where their bread is buttered.)

If you watch Mike Lucas's "Sidelines" TV show, which has a rotating cast of sports media from Madison & Milwaukee every week, those people have been very cynical about Favre.

Part of it is that the local sports media guys have followed the story closer than national media. But also, they have seen FAvre in action in recent years, and understand the personalities involved.

Freak Out
08-02-2008, 01:58 PM

how can you believe that this article will be any more than dishonest spin after this fib?

Chill mange boy...
I just posted a write up I saw on the Times and you post it like it was my opinion....I thought this might be a good thread for sportswriters gab considering that's kinda how it started.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 02:00 PM
both you and PackinPatland are complaining because your names showed up in quotes from articles you posted.

I haven't mastered the technology of using quotes, i'm innocent. A victim, really.

Freak Out
08-02-2008, 02:05 PM
both you and PackinPatland are complaining because your names showed up in quotes from articles you posted.

I haven't mastered the technology of using quotes, i'm innocent. A victim, really.

:lol:
No worries....I just wanted a reason to call you Mange boy.

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Another guys take....

By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

As the N.F.L. celebrates Hall of Fame weekend, a future Hall of Fame quarterback, Brett Favre, is being told by his team that he can’t leave the plantation: that he won’t be released, that he won’t be traded to a rival, that he will be traded only for a king’s ransom.

This is not the way to treat Brett Favre. This is not conduct worthy of a franchise like Green Bay, certainly not on a weekend when players who have given so much to the game are being honored.

We are approaching the point in this fiasco that Ted Thompson, the Packers’ general manager, and Mark Murphy, the team’s president, should feel ashamed of themselves, followed closely by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The greatest insult was the Packers’ offer of a reported $20 million to Favre to stay retired, the idea behind the offer being that this was about money. Favre’s career was about performance; compensation was a byproduct of performance.

When you listen to Hall of Fame speeches in any sport, inductees don’t talk about the amount of money they made in their career. They talk about the joy of competing at the highest level and of having their talent recognized.

That the president of a team would offer a player of Favre’s stature money to stay away is a fireable offense.

Favre should reject the Packers’ offer. If he accepts it, his legacy will be more damaged than if he plays next season and the team goes 8-8.

The bizarre drama of this offer, now going into its second week, is taking some of the luster off Hall of Fame festivities, where old, aching warriors, with knee and hip replacements, welcome new members into the fold.

None of them have ever seen a spectacle like this: a player of Favre’s stature being told he is not wanted by the franchise he piloted to glory.

“There has not been anybody with that kind of high profile who’s played that many games, been small-town America, had all the records, has not been injured and ended up one game away from a Super Bowl,” Lanier said Friday by telephone.

“You’d think that would cause someone to say, ‘Boy, if we got that close, maybe if the stars align right, who knows?’ ”

During the last few weeks, the national news media have conjectured about the best new home for Favre. Oddly, considering his stature, there really hasn’t been a fit. The reason is that Green Bay is the only fit for Favre — and not as the Packers’ house boy. Green Bay is home, not Tampa Bay or New York or Carolina. Favre’s home is in Green Bay, and everyone, including Aaron Rodgers, the Packers’ new quarterback, knows it. In fact, if he is the leader the Packers think he is, Rodgers should prevail upon management to let Favre come back home.

The hopeful assumption is that Goodell will collar Green Bay executives this weekend in Canton, Ohio, persuade them to let go of ego and do what’s best for the game: admit their mistake and welcome Favre back to training camp with open arms. And pull Rodgers aside, extend his contract and ask him to let the franchise buy a little more time.

The N.F.L. released a statement explaining why it has taken so long to act on the Favre reinstatement letter:

“The Packers and Brett Favre are continuing their discussions. The commissioner preferred to let those discussions continue rather than act on the reinstatement petition today.”

There have been ferocious debates about Favre that in many ways go beyond football. In a fragile economic climate in which jobs are being lost, there is a poignancy in watching someone who has given so much not be allowed a change of heart about retirement. Sports should accommodate this sort of change of heart.

But the Green Bay Packers have threatened, and they have ignored. Now the club is pleading: Please, Brett. Pretty please. The Packers are willing to pay him to be the invisible man. They don’t want Favre in Minnesota, and they don’t want him in Chicago. They want Favre to be part of the Packers brand.

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy said the personal-services contract was offered when Favre retired in March and was not a last-ditch attempt to pay him to stay away from training camp. Sounds like hush money.

Favre has insisted all along that this is not about money, but about a mixture of honor and glory and the love of the game.

You can’t fault Favre if he takes the money, but hopefully he will tell Thompson and Murphy to keep their millions. He wants to play football.

On Hall of Fame weekend, the Packers want to turn Brett Favre into a $20 million greeter.

if folk r honest with themselves they realize this is a well written article. its not like rhoden's a schmuck

and wats ths nonsense u keep talkn bout HH sayn ALL jso writers are pro managment b/c theyre so in the know? u think LA writers had an edge on the national media when OJ was trippin? that argument holds water with small/intricate matters but not MAJOR stories like this.....c'mon u and harv are better than that

and OF COURSE like i posted last week, we should listen to past and present PLAYERS over mgmt or journalist...who did MM and TT play for???

Bretsky
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM

And BTW, its not just JSO. The Madison writers (WSJ, Crap Times) have been mostly against Favre, and they traditionally snipe at Packer management. (They kiss the butts of the Badger coaches because that is where their bread is buttered.)

If you watch Mike Lucas's "Sidelines" TV show, which has a rotating cast of sports media from Madison & Milwaukee every week, those people have been very cynical about Favre.

Part of it is that the local sports media guys have followed the story closer than national media. But also, they have seen FAvre in action in recent years, and understand the personalities involved.

Favre has shut out the local guys; Bedard referred to the local guys not being down with that. TT and MM are communicating with them

The National Press gets info from Favre and his camp.

Think that forms a bias on both sides :idea:

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 02:27 PM

Which goes back to my point about the national sports media. Most of them don't have the time to know the intricate details. But it doesn't keep them from giving their opinion. A lot of people hear that opinion. Then, you have a bunch of people that are uniformed about the situation.

Anyways! That was my rant. I hate when you read an article, and it only takes a few paragraphs before you realize they really don't know what they are talking about.

they dont have the time to cover or at least research the bigggest sports story this year?? LOL their bosses demand they do...LOL

Bretsky
08-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Another guys take....

By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

if folk r honest with themselves they realize this is a well written article. its not like rhoden's a schmuck

and wats ths nonsense u keep talkn bout HH sayn ALL jso writers are pro managment b/c theyre so in the know? u think LA writers had an edge on the national media when OJ was trippin? that argument holds water with small/intricate matters but not MAJOR stories like this.....c'mon u and harv are better than that

and OF COURSE like i posted last week, we should listen to past and present PLAYERS over mgmt or journalist...who did MM and TT play for???

Ah Mobb, this dude is just another out of area know nothing detractor :lol:

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Favre has shut out the local guys; Bedard referred to the local guys not being down with that. TT and MM are communicating with them

xactly, u guys are better than that... id imagine the players (past and present) look at the BIG picture whil JSO, TT, MM, and some poster wanna break down evry insult and cry baby move favre has made, neglecting the LEGACY and SPIRIT of this great game....

The Gunshooter
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM

I guess if you really want to split hairs the only one to know all the facts is God and He don't want Brett playing for His Packers either.

Bretsky
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM

xactly, u guys are better than that... id imagine the players (past and present) look at the BIG picture whil JSO, TT, MM, and some poster wanna break down evry insult and cry baby move favre has made, neglecting the LEGACY and SPIRIT of this great game....

very sensible point

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 02:44 PM

im actually gettn a lil heated today. rhoden made an xcellent point about the HOFers...the game is about the PLAYERS people, not mgmt, FA, dime a dozen coaches and GMs, backup qbs, refs, rules, etc

as a yute when i fell in love with the game it was about hi lites, great plays, nail biters, stikum, hard hits, etc. when i see the old heads it takes me back to that....messn with tt, et. al. im like man, times have changed!!

forget salary cap and egos; get er done with the gamers

FAVRE IS BIGGER THAN TT AND MM..look wat he's done for the game!! who thinks mm and tt will have ANY lasting influence on this great game other than PROVING to favre he aint bigger than mgmt??!! so ? and? now what tuff guy?

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 02:46 PM

I guess if you really want to split hairs the only one to know all the facts is God and He don't want Brett playing for His Packers either.

y dont YOU want brett to play? b/c he's arrogant? over the hill? cancer?

talk to me....

texaspackerbacker
08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
There IS something more to it than Bradshaw and the media assholes know.

That SOMETHING is the fact that the Packers are better off with Rodgers at QB than with Favre.

Thompson knows it; McCarthy knows it; Murphy knows it; Most of the Packer players know it; I know it; A significant percentage of posters in this forum know it.

Bretsky
08-02-2008, 03:08 PM

That SOMETHING is the fact that the Packers are better off with Rodgers at QB than with Favre.

Thompson knows it; McCarthy knows it; Murphy knows it; Most of the Packer players know it; I know it; A significant percentage of posters in this forum know it.

All emotions aside, if Favre hadn't pulled this crap and just announced he was returning..........NO WAY would posters say GB is better than AROD starting

It's the BS and missing some time that has changed views

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:17 PM

texan, im sure uve waxed eloquently already. but "PLEASE" go to the "simple question" thread and explain to me the REAL negs in #4 starting week 1 if he's apologetic and they kiss and make up

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:25 PM

All emotions aside, if Favre hadn't pulled this crap and just announced he was returning..........NO WAY would posters say GB is better than AROD starting

right on B; those are my sentiments xactly. i guess i was all emotional and stuff huh?

but thats exactly why; folks act like they werent xcited when we 1st heard he was txtn, trying to come back, etc

knda funny that so-called pro-favres can admit he handled things badly but so-called pro-mgmt dont appear to be able to admit #4 has been slighted at least a LITTLE in this fiasco. he's marked as simply a pri madonna now - WOW

again, thnx B for making rational point that my emotions veiled (i been watchn HOF stuff shedding tears!)

Freak Out
08-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Ok then....let him go. He deserves the chance to play again.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 03:58 PM

Bretsky, I'm not suggesting the Packers are for certain a better team with A-Rod at QB than with Favre. I think they might be, especially in January, but that isn't really the point. This is about more than just winning and losing now. It's about committment. A committment to Aaron Rodgers. A committment to moving on. Without Favre saying he was retiring none of those committments would have been made, so you are right in saying that if Favre would not have announced his retirement he'd be welcomed back with open arms. But he did say he was retiring. And the team was forced to commit to moving on. That's where we are at right now.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Ok then....let him go. He deserves the chance to play again.

All he has to do is okay a trade to a team not in the division. If he really wants to play to play (and not stick it to the Packers), then how hard is that? The Packers even sound willing to send him to an NFC team that's on the schedule and could be in the playoffs, but Tampa Bay is apparently "too hot."