PDA

View Full Version : Brett finishing his latest waffle?

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 11:14 AM
from ESPN through PFT.com:
--------------------
Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre could now be leaning against accepting a bribe not to play (marketing deal) with the team.

Says Werder, “I’ve been told by sources close to the Packers quarterback that he’s developed serious apprehensions about accepting this deal because it fails to achieve his primary objective in unretiring, which is getting back and playing football again.”

--------------------

No shit, Brett. It took three days to figure that out? At least it's refreshing to hear that he has a primary objective for un-re-un-retiring.

Brando19
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe they could have a booth set up at Lambeau where people pay to catch a Brett Favre pass. That would attract people to the stadium and fulfill Favre's wish.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe they could have a booth set up at Lambeau where people pay to catch a Brett Favre pass. That would attract people to the stadium and fulfill Favre's wish.

Not a bad idea, but I think the booth that would really fulfill his wish is a kissing booth where he can stick his ass out there for us all to smooch.

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 11:24 AM
from ESPN through PFT.com:
--------------------
Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre could now be leaning against accepting a bribe not to play (marketing deal) with the team.

Says Werder, “I’ve been told by sources close to the Packers quarterback that he’s developed serious apprehensions about accepting this deal because it fails to achieve his primary objective in unretiring, which is getting back and playing football again.”

--------------------

No shit, Brett. It took three days to figure that out? At least it's refreshing to hear that he has a primary objective for un-re-un-retiring.You really got a scoop there, huh Ed. File this one under the "Well, Duh!" file.

BF4MVP
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
WAIT!!! The marketing deal wouldn't help Favre achieve the goal of playing football again? :?: I had no idea! It's a good thing Werder was able to give us this scoop!

:lol:

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:12 PM

awwww, thats low balln

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:13 PM

awwww, thats low balln

altho it's michael's contention that brett jus wants attention

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 12:33 PM
it fails to achieve his primary objective in unretiring, which is getting back and playing football again.

Tampa Bay has a decent team, if you really just want to play football - there you go!

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 12:52 PM
If Brett is 100% committed to playing football this year, then what is there to consider about this offer? If he really wants to play shouldn't he have immediately responded, "Not interested. I intend to play in 2008, and I would like the commissioner to reinstate me immediately." If he's really committed to playing he shouldn't be distracted by a little bit of money. And it is a little bit of money for a guy who's made $100M in salary plus endorsements, plus the seven figures he'll generate in endorsements for years to come.

The fact this is taking three days just tells me he still doesn't know what he wants to do, or even if he really wants to play at all. That's what pisses me off more than anything. He seems to have started this without having any idea how to end it, or even what an acceptable ending would be.

At the risk of sending this thread where it shouldn't go, this reminds me of Iraq. When the masses didn't line the streets hailing Brett as the conquering hero, he had no other end game in mind.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 01:16 PM
The fact this is taking three days just tells me he still doesn't know what he wants to do, or even if he really wants to play at all. That's what pisses me off more than anything. He seems to have started this without having any idea how to end it, or even what an acceptable ending would be.

I think your speculation is likely true.

But there's an additional factor: he only wants to be starting QB for GB or MN. GB is impossible, getting to MN would be difficult and carry some negatives. The deal gives him an alternative.

Pugger
08-02-2008, 01:44 PM
And I find it interesting that some folks don't seem to mind Brett going to the queens!!! :shock: Sheesh...