PDA

View Full Version : lord favre spiteful???

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 11:50 AM
on THE PULSE bill michaels jus said a friend of favre's family told him brett's doing all this NOW out of spite

WHAAAAAAT?????

HARD to believe

RashanGary
08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Haha, big suprise :roll:

bbbffl66
08-02-2008, 11:54 AM
And a friend of the mother of a coworker to the father of a player at that high school Bretts training at said the Packers want Brett to come back as a beer vendor. I love 3rd or 4th hand stories! :shock:

imscott72
08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
on THE PULSE bill michaels jus said a friend of favre's family told him brett's doing all this out of spite

WHAAAAAAT?????

HARD to believe

Now that he's seriously considering the Packers 20 mill offer I believe it now. If this guy REALLY wanted to play football, he would accept a trade and go to a team and play football. Either it's about spite, or it's about the money, but I have serious doubts it's about playing football now.

RashanGary
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Right, it's obviously not jsut about playing football. IF that were the case he'd go to the NFC playoff team in an incredibly weak division that runs a WCO and never look back.

He's being spitefull. I'm hopefull that he just takes the non football contract and does what he really wants anyway, sit home on his beatifull ranch with his family and collect a huge paycheck for doing it.

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:00 PM
out of spite NOW though (operative word is "now")

like many people have said his feelings hav been hurt so part of him wants to lash out

i still dont think he's intent on "stickn it to the pack" tho. i refuse to believe he's doing ALL he can to pay them back. he's human so of course he walks in the flesh (pride, hatred, anger, etc) at times. the goal is to walk in the spirit (love, kindness, joy, forgiveness, patience, etc)

but again, he IS human.....thus im impressed he hasnt just forced TTs hand by showing up already and causing a stir (dont forget deanna and nem said he should just go last week; but #4 has more class than MANY posters want to give him at this point)

how many of us have been forgiving for doing WORSE than #4 has???

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
And a friend of the mother of a coworker to the father of a player at that high school Bretts training at said the Packers want Brett to come back as a beer vendor. I love 3rd or 4th hand stories! :shock:

actually bill michaels is one of the most reputable cats in the GREAT city of milwaukee...

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:06 PM

the "hi school" part is LOL funny

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Right, it's obviously not jsut about playing football. IF that were the case he'd go to the NFC playoff team in an incredibly weak division that runs a WCO and never look back.

He's being spitefull. I'm hopefull that he just takes the non football contract and does what he really wants anyway, sit home on his beatifull ranch with his family and collect a huge paycheck for doing it.

maybe im being naive but i will NOT accept that the impetus for this whole thing was his basic LOVE of the game...c'mon, if its merely about loot he'd prefer the 30-sumthn mill over the 20-sumthn mill RT???

neil38133
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Mobb, I agree with all you say, except for the part about how he could come back and really mess them up. I don't think he can do that until the commish reinstates him.

Stevogbfan
08-02-2008, 12:14 PM
i think this is what's really going on here with mr favre and his hood
:knll:

SMACKTALKIE
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
www.fannation.com

Favre wants to 'play against' Pack
Posted: Saturday August 02, 2008 08:40AM ET
An NFL source that has been in contact with Brett Favre over the last few days told the State Journal Favre still very much wants to play for the Packers' division rival, the Minnesota Vikings. Asked what his objective is in wanting to play again, Favre texted, "My intentions have been to play, and with Green Bay. They say no, so I still want to play in this division for obvious reasons, which I made clear to management. If they won't let me play in Green Bay, let me play against you. That's where I am." According to another NFL source, the idea of trading Favre to division rivals Minnesota or the Chicago Bears has always been viewed within the organization as an absolute last resort, and the team still doesn't consider such a deal a viable option. "If you can trade and get something for him, it's better than releasing him, but they would really be reluctant to trade him within the division," the league source said. However, the source that has been in contact with Favre said of a possible deal with the Vikings, "I think it's closer (to happening) than anyone thinks."

Wisconsin State Journal

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Mobb, I agree with all you say, except for the part about how he could come back and really mess them up. I don't think he can do that until the commish reinstates him.

oh yeah thats right

and how can commish do what he's doing? everyone said that as SOON as brett sent papers in he's in

is goddell tampering?? special attention? knda weird imho

Lurker64
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Brett has to be careful, if he's going to forget about everything else and just act in order to hurt the Packers, he has to be wary that if the Packers start forgetting about things like "public opinion" and "Favre's legacy" they can hurt him much, much more.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 03:28 PM

oh yeah thats right

and how can commish do what he's doing? everyone said that as SOON as brett sent papers in he's in

is goddell tampering?? special attention? knda weird imho

The commish doesn't want Favre sticking it to the Packers out of spite any more than any of us. It's not about sticking it to Favre, it's about making sure Favre isn't sticking it to the Packers. Remember, Goodell is responsible for protecting the teams in his league. If Favre had a problem with the delay, he'd have already gone to Gene Upshaw to complain and we'd have heard the NFLPA screaming bloody murder over the public airwaves. Obviously there is no problems here. The only ones demanding immediate action are the fans who still seem to think that Favre could win his job back as long as he got into camp soon. For real Packer fans, we know that this is by far the best thing for the Packers at this point.

Again, and I can't say this enough, what is best for the Packers is far more important that what is best for Favre. Right now, preparing for 2008 without Favre causing an even bigger distraction is definitely in the best interest of the team. Especially now that Favre is acting out of spite. I am thankful to Goodell for at least a couple more days where that is possible.

Fritz
08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
In the words of the immortal Willy Loman: "Spite! Spite is the word of your undoing! Spite!"

SMACKTALKIE
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
T. Thompson must have really pissed Favre off. Moss deal, or lack of? Few free agent deals? Why?

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM
T. Thompson must have really pissed Favre off. Moss deal, or lack of? Few free agent deals? Why?

Because he wouldn't allow Favre to run the team, and Favre got butthurt over it. Thompson knows how do to his job well enough. He doesn't need Favre in his ear all the time.

If we'd have done what Favre wanted, we'd have 2 decrepit guards, a joke of a HC, and just one happy talented WR instead of 5. Gosh, I love what Brett can do as a quarterback but I'm glad as hell he's not our GM.

Lurker64
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM

My guess is that Favre never particularly liked Thompson to begin with, but I'm leaning towards the theory that Favre thought that there was no real risk in him retiring in March since if he decided to unretire at any point he'd be welcomed back no matter ho much he missed. When the team refused to sprinkle rose petals at his feet, he got pissy and threw a tantrum.

I think he's especially angry that McCarthy (one of the people on the staff I believe he did legitimately like) is one of the forces barring the door.

pbmax
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I think the State Journal is just recapping the text message that Ed Werder (ESPN) reported getting either last night or earlier today.

www.fannation.com

Favre wants to 'play against' Pack
Posted: Saturday August 02, 2008 08:40AM ET
An NFL source that has been in contact with Brett Favre over the last few days told the State Journal Favre still very much wants to play for the Packers' division rival, the Minnesota Vikings. Asked what his objective is in wanting to play again, Favre texted, "My intentions have been to play, and with Green Bay. They say no, so I still want to play in this division for obvious reasons, which I made clear to management. If they won't let me play in Green Bay, let me play against you. That's where I am." According to another NFL source, the idea of trading Favre to division rivals Minnesota or the Chicago Bears has always been viewed within the organization as an absolute last resort, and the team still doesn't consider such a deal a viable option. "If you can trade and get something for him, it's better than releasing him, but they would really be reluctant to trade him within the division," the league source said. However, the source that has been in contact with Favre said of a possible deal with the Vikings, "I think it's closer (to happening) than anyone thinks."

Wisconsin State Journal

SMACKTALKIE

Because he wouldn't allow Favre to run the team, and Favre got butthurt over it. Thompson knows how do to his job well enough. He doesn't need Favre in his ear all the time.

If we'd have done what Favre wanted, we'd have 2 decrepit guards, a joke of a HC, and just one happy talented WR instead of 5. Gosh, I love what Brett can do as a quarterback but I'm glad as hell he's not our GM.

Joke of a HC? Seriously, when will fans realize a scheme is only as good as the players executing it? Has it ever crossed your mind that Favre has made MM look better than he really is for the past 3 years?

DonHutson

Interesting that he criticized Thompson for not making the dramatic, all or nothing, all chips in free agent signing or trade - and now he wants to be a Viking. Spite is likely at the heart of his interest, followed by a chance to win, but the team building philosophy probably isn't lost on Favre either. I'm sure he paid attention when the Vikings signed Hutchinson while Wahle and Rivera were leaving. I'm sure he noticed Jared Allen going to Minnesota while Jason Taylor bypassed Green Bay. I'm sure he noticed Minnesota hiring his buddy as OC, while Ted hired a coach with some balls.

Too bad that the fact Ted's team building system got him within OT of the Super Bowl doesn't carry any weight with Favre.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Joke of a HC? Seriously, when will fans realize a scheme is only as good as the players executing it? Has it ever crossed your mind that Favre has made MM look better than he really is for the past 3 years?

Ummm, no, because Rodgers looked just as good as Favre excecuting his offense. Not to mention the fact that there are 10 other starters that also have to execute. Get off of Lord Favre's douche nozzle.

And, yes, Marriucci is a fucking joke of a HC.

Lurker64
08-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Do you honestly believe that Mariucci would have been a better choice as HC for this team?

SMACKTALKIE
08-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Interesting that he criticized Thompson for not making the dramatic, all or nothing, all chips in free agent signing or trade - and now he wants to be a Viking. Spite is likely at the heart of his interest, followed by a chance to win, but the team building philosophy probably isn't lost on Favre either. I'm sure he paid attention when the Vikings signed Hutchinson while Wahle and Rivera were leaving. I'm sure he noticed Jared Allen going to Minnesota while Jason Taylor bypassed Green Bay.

in spite of all the evidence the Vikes have provided regarding the efficacy of those moves.

Yeah, Hutchinson, C. Taylor, P. Williams, Leber, Winfield, Sharper and Longwell have all turned out to be horrible.

Fritz
08-02-2008, 04:30 PM

Interesting that he criticized Thompson for not making the dramatic, all or nothing, all chips in free agent signing or trade - and now he wants to be a Viking. Spite is likely at the heart of his interest, followed by a chance to win, but the team building philosophy probably isn't lost on Favre either. I'm sure he paid attention when the Vikings signed Hutchinson while Wahle and Rivera were leaving. I'm sure he noticed Jared Allen going to Minnesota while Jason Taylor bypassed Green Bay. I'm sure he noticed Minnesota hiring his buddy as OC, while Ted hired a coach with some balls.

Makes me wonder if he's been paying attention to the won-lost records of the respective teams over the last couple of years.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Interesting that he criticized Thompson for not making the dramatic, all or nothing, all chips in free agent signing or trade - and now he wants to be a Viking. Spite is likely at the heart of his interest, followed by a chance to win, but the team building philosophy probably isn't lost on Favre either. I'm sure he paid attention when the Vikings signed Hutchinson while Wahle and Rivera were leaving. I'm sure he noticed Jared Allen going to Minnesota while Jason Taylor bypassed Green Bay.

in spite of all the evidence the Vikes have provided regarding the efficacy of those moves.

Yeah, Hutchinson, C. Taylor, P. Williams, Leber, Winfield, Sharper and Longwell have all turned out to be horrible.

You guys are responding while I'm still editing my thoughts, but my point is that Favre got closer to a Super Bowl last year under Ted than the Vikes have with all their spending. But I changed that line because it is true that some of those players have delivered for the Vikings.

SMACKTALKIE
08-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Do you honestly believe that Mariucci would have been a better choice as HC for this team?

No, but a fresh start with a good QB may have worked out.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Fresh start with a good QB you say? Then what is the problem with what is going on right now? That's what's happening. We are getting a fresh start with a good QB. His name just happens to be Aaron Rodgers, not Brett Favre. Why do YOU hate on Rodgers? Go ahead and say it... you hate on him because his name is not Brett Favre.

Rastak
08-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Fresh start with a good QB you say? Then what is the problem with what is going on right now? That's what's happening. We are getting a fresh start with a good QB. His name just happens to be Aaron Rodgers, not Brett Favre. Why do YOU hate on Rodgers? Go ahead and say it... you hate on him because his name is not Brett Favre.

Why would a Viking fan give a shit if his name is Brett Favre?

SMACKTALKIE
08-02-2008, 04:38 PM

I don't hate Rodgers. As a Vikings fan I like him better than Favre.

And I tke back the Mooch comment.....he sucks.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:41 PM

Well he's the one talking about fresh starts with good QB's. Why would a Viking fan want to see Favre start any more games under center for Green Bay anyway? If anything I'd think they would be supportive of TT's decision to keep him away.

Rastak
08-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Well he's the one talking about fresh starts with good QB's. Why would a Viking fan want to see Favre start any more games under center for Green Bay anyway? If anything I'd think they would be supportive of TT's decision to keep him away, yet this Viking fan stands squarely in Favre's corner. Strange. I honestly didn't even identify him as a Viking fan on this basis alone. My mistake.

I'm glad he's not going to be on Green bay's roster myself. The dude played out of his head last year, and he'd be a helluva backup. I myself am having trouble completly understanding the Packers position.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Is it really that hard to understand? At this point, Favre is a cancer to the team--just like Randy Moss had become. It was time to let go.

Rastak
08-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Is it really that hard to understand? At this point, Favre is a cancer to the team--just like Randy Moss had become. It was time to let go.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I guess ripping the GM is a bad thing, but he seems to get along with Head Coach. Other than his TT comments, what has he really done wrong? I'm sure they are sick of the theatrics but even you defended those for years, every time I pointed them out. I'm not sure it's the same deal as Moss also, the dude walked off the field with the game still winable so it was time for him to go.

boiga
08-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm glad he's not going to be on Green bay's roster myself. The dude played out of his head last year, and he'd be a helluva backup. I myself am having trouble completly understanding the Packers position. I agree, we'd be a better team with Favre on the roster and he would be an ideal experienced backup. However, Brett's not willing to accept the role of a backup, so he'd be more of a distraction and not much of an asset for the team.

Also, it's the coach whose relationship has soured the most. M3 is pissed at Brett right now. White knuckle pissed. He's not willing to explain why and has been ordered not to openly bash the guy, but he seems the one most wanting Brett to stay away.

digitaldean
08-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Thompson is not a big believer in FA. The quote I hear from him is that free agency area are "dangerous waters". I don't believe they are, but I'm not a GM. I wished he did more to get Moss. He has improved from 4-12 to 8-8 to 14-4 and the NFC title game berth. Favre was the key component in all of this, but not the only component.

I look at it this way. Favre doesn't like the OTA's, the mini-camps, conditioning program, etc. Rodgers is a gym rat type of guy and has been here through all of it and has done everything possible to make himself better. He also has worked with his teammates more one on one this off season.

Favre, though one of the toughest on the field competitors you'll ever find, had the separate locker room, separate shower and didn't completely hang around in the offseason as much as McCarthy wanted. Given all that's transpired, I think M3 doesn't want to put up with it anymore and wants someone who buys more of the team concept. IMO, I am assuming M3 doesn't want that anymore.

Will A-Rod be as good as Favre? Who knows, but it's highly unlikely. I think M3 just wants a team where EVERYONE buys into the system and has been there the past few months.

digitaldean
08-02-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I guess ripping the GM is a bad thing, but he seems to get along with Head Coach. Other than his TT comments, what has he really done wrong? I'm sure they are sick of the theatrics but even you defended those for years, every time I pointed them out. I'm not sure it's the same deal as Moss also, the dude walked off the field with the game still winable so it was time for him to go.

I think publicly complaining about Mooch not getting an interview is the part that got M3 totally against Favre coming back. The backing out of coming back shortly before it was to be announced probably didn't sit well either.

Just think in all this time, Favre hasn't ONCE stated that M3 helped him have such a great year in 2007. But he has publicly voiced his displeasure about TT not giving his buddy an interview. Like it or not, it semi-implies that he isn't too keen about M3 or his style.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
The question isn't whether Rodgers will be better than Favre, or at least it shouldn't be. The question is whether the Packers will be a better team. The team is what is important here. If Rodgers puts up lesser numbers than Favre en route to a Super Bowl appearance, then TT still made the right move. In fact, I'd go as far as to say all the Packers need to do is win one playoff game and TT made the right decision, because the longer Rodgers is the leader of this offense the better this team will become. One playoff win this year turns into 2 next year, which turns into a SB win the year after. That's very similar to how Brett's career began as well.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I think there are three questions:

1) Does Favre give them the best shot this year?
2) Does Rodgers give them a shot this year?
3) Does getting Rodgers in the starting lineup give them a better in the next few years?

The answer to #1 is yes (in all likelihood). The answer to #3 is yes (in all likelihood). The answer to #2 is undecided, but the coaches and management must feel like the answer is yes. Otherwise, they would have caved in to Favre in this soap opera.

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM

pretty much

j.k

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 06:33 PM

My apologies Smack, I almost got it wrong and said you were a Bears fan... :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm sure they are sick of the theatrics but even you defended those for years, every time I pointed them out.

So, you pointed them out and when it got worse, it's no big deal. I defended them because it was a different story. I could care less if he took his time. Once he made a decision, that was that. People thought he should make up his mind sooner. I didn't have a problem with that. This year, it went way beyond what he did in the past. This year, he made up his mind, changed it, changed it back, threw his GM (and head coacd and OL coach) under the bus, and he became a major distraction to the team. I wouldn't expect you to come out and say the Packers are making the right decision, but I think they are.

Rastak
08-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm sure they are sick of the theatrics but even you defended those for years, every time I pointed them out.

So, you pointed them out and when it got worse, it's no big deal. I defended them because it was a different story. I could care less if he took his time. Once he made a decision, that was that. People thought he should make up his mind sooner. I didn't have a problem with that. This year, it went way beyond what he did in the past. This year, he made up his mind, changed it, changed it back, threw his GM (and head coacd and OL coach) under the bus, and he became a major distraction to the team. I wouldn't expect you to come out and say the Packers are making the right decision, but I think they are.

Yea, the OL coach thing I missed....that was not cool. I'm not sure if they are or aren't making the right decision. It just seems to me they are making a mountain out of a medium sized hill on Favre reporting. I still don't see it.