PDA

View Full Version : Brett screwed himself in the end...

Pugger
08-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Everyone wonders why Favre isn't welcome to Packers' training camp. Brett probably STILL had a decent shot at coming back to take (or compete for) his old job until he went on Fox News and threw the Packer organization under the bus. :shtf: Folks keep forgetting this. I keep hearing people bemoan how mean the Packers are to poor ol' Brett! How in the h3ll did Favre think TT and company were gonna react to that interview, anyway? Yes, Brett has/had issues with some of the moves by TT and MM but ya don't go national TV and call your boss a liar! This wasn't the smartest move in the world or the best way to put yourself back in good graces with your old bosses. :roll: It will be interesting to see how things go it this guy decides to report to camp next week...

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 01:47 PM
well if he's gonna screw himself, the end is probably the place to do it.

Pugger
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
08-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Logistically, that's not possible unless he's using some sort of apparatus.

Fritz
08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I assumed there was some sort of aparatus with which Favre was giving it to himself. I did not speculate on the size of said apparatus, or whether it was battery powered, or how Favre felt about screwing himself in the end.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I assumed there was some sort of aparatus with which Favre was giving it to himself. I did not speculate on the size of said apparatus, or whether it was battery powered, or how Favre felt about screwing himself in the end.

He's even given his apparatus a name. He calls it 'Bus Cook.'

texaspackerbacker
08-02-2008, 02:55 PM

That would take a world class contortionist.

Fritz
08-02-2008, 03:40 PM

It must be quite the thing to do, to screw yourself with your agent. Ryan Grant appears to be attempting the same.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM

It must be quite the thing to do, to screw yourself with your agent. Ryan Grant appears to be attempting the same.

Well, the agents have their noses up there anyway. It's really just a matter of showing a little extra dedication.

bbbffl66
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM

I dunno. I recall everyone talking about how big his hands are. Isn't there some sort of correlation?

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 03:46 PM

How big is Greta's mike?

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:47 PM

ur're bad

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Everyone wonders why Favre isn't welcome to Packers' training camp. Brett probably STILL had a decent shot at coming back to take (or compete for) his old job until he went on Fox News and threw the Packer organization under the bus. :shtf: Folks keep forgetting this. I keep hearing people bemoan how mean the Packers are to poor ol' Brett! How in the h3ll did Favre think TT and company were gonna react to that interview, anyway? Yes, Brett has/had issues with some of the moves by TT and MM but ya don't go national TV and call your boss a liar! This wasn't the smartest move in the world or the best way to put yourself back in good graces with your old bosses. :roll: It will be interesting to see how things go it this guy decides to report to camp next week...Favre is welcome to come to camp. He just isn't being welcomed backl as the starter. He needs to be reinstated first however. Point being, this Favre not being welcome to camp is absolute BS.

Zool
08-02-2008, 10:40 PM

I dunno. I recall everyone talking about how big his hands are. Isn't there some sort of correlation?

Even if true, unless you can shoot pool with a rope, I still say its not possible.

vince
08-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Everyone wonders why Favre isn't welcome to Packers' training camp. Brett probably STILL had a decent shot at coming back to take (or compete for) his old job until he went on Fox News and threw the Packer organization under the bus. :shtf: Folks keep forgetting this. I keep hearing people bemoan how mean the Packers are to poor ol' Brett! How in the h3ll did Favre think TT and company were gonna react to that interview, anyway? Yes, Brett has/had issues with some of the moves by TT and MM but ya don't go national TV and call your boss a liar! This wasn't the smartest move in the world or the best way to put yourself back in good graces with your old bosses. :roll: It will be interesting to see how things go it this guy decides to report to camp next week...
I agree that he only ended up screwing himself, but a lot of people underestimate Brett. He wasn't being dumb. He was being strategic. Brett didn't want to come to the Packers camp. He wanted to come to the Vikings camp, and he hoped his actions would cause a groundswell of public support that would pressure the team into giving him what he wanted.

RashanGary
08-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I think he wanted TT fired so he could come back as undisputed leader of the Pack and relax all offseason while the rest of his teammates worked and then show up an collect the biggest salary 5 weeks before the season. If TT didn't get fired then I think he wanted to go to the Vikings.

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 08:48 AM
I think he wanted TT fired so he could come back as undisputed leader of the Pack and relax all offseason while the rest of his teammates worked and then show up an collect the biggest salary 5 weeks before the season. If TT didn't get fired then I think he wanted to go to the Vikings.

:crazy: :bs2: :crazy:

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Do you actually believe the things your post?

TravisWilliams23
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Maybe Murphy could get Cesar Millan to teach TT how to be the leader of the pack! I've watched Dog Whisperer on National Geographic many times and I really think with the right coaching Ted could teach that old dog Brett to sit and be nice.

Bretsky
08-03-2008, 08:57 AM

doubt it

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 09:13 AM
People will do anything to make a buck....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/FavreShirt.jpg

Saw these for sale on some site called cafepress.com

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
hey, I like it! Too bad things didn't work out for the entrepreneurs.

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
It ain't over.

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
It ain't over.

Nope. But it's lookin better baby!!! :D

LL2
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I can't help but think that M3 will sit Brett down tomorrow and say "Now, listen here you stupid fuck....I run the show around here and you will do what I say..." or something to that effect. M3 has been looking extremely annoyed and pissed during some of the interviews.

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I can't help but think that M3 will sit Brett down tomorrow and say "Now, listen here you stupid fuck....I run the show around here and you will do what I say..." or something to that effect. M3 has been looking extremely annoyed and pissed during some of the interviews.

You know, he probably will. And he has looked extremely annoyed (because of the distraction) but I bet deep down M3 would love Favre to go out with another ring....who knows, this could be the year.

boiga
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I can't help but think that M3 will sit Brett down tomorrow and say "Now, listen here you stupid fuck....I run the show around here and you will do what I say..." or something to that effect. M3 has been looking extremely annoyed and pissed during some of the interviews.Yeah... that would an interesting conversation to sit in on.

I hope M3 doesn't have a heart attack in the process. He's been getting up to Walrus levels of stress based weight gain lately.

Joemailman
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
It ain't over.

Did you call me baby? :oops:

GrnBay007
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
It ain't over.

Did you call me baby? :oops:

Yup. Really, I wasn't looking for any special attention given to my mail delivery. :P

retailguy
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM

doubt it

I think he does believe it.... He's fallen in love with his own ego, and Ted Thompson.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I think he does believe it.... He's fallen in love with his own ego, and Ted Thompson.

MADTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this thread has taken an ugly turn. Do your duty - to the Romper Room!