PDA

View Full Version : did u hear dick butkus??

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
???

Freak Out
08-02-2008, 03:37 PM
No.....?

Fritz
08-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Not me. I haven't heard dick.

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 03:41 PM
not super profound...he was asked his opinion about u know who.....he says that if we dont really know whats going on behind the scenes we shouldnt make positve or negative judgements either way

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Alrighty then. Deacon Jones ripped Brett a new one last night. Basically said, "Your time is up. Go away."

digitaldean
08-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks, DH. Just viewed the video clip of Deacon Jones and other HOF'ers. I appreciated the part where he stated that it didn't matter if Favre felt like he had anything left.

Bradshaw said the Packers' stance was sickening. Tony Dorsett said the worst thing would be to see Favre on the bench (which I heartily disagree with). Anthony Munoz was kind of on the fence. He understood the reason to come back, but also said the deal on the table now wouldn't be a bad incentive either.

I still think when Favre went on the Greta interview to throw the GM, the coach and the O-line coach under the bus he committed one of the cardinal sins for a team. Also, when asked if he thought about coming to be the backup QB, he answered, "Why?" That cemented his fate as a Packer.

Is it too far gone? No, but he would have to do a lot of apologizing for not handling this internally.

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Not me. I haven't heard dick.I nearly choked on my Coke. Tahnks for a good laugh.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Alrighty then. Deacon Jones ripped Brett a new one last night. Basically said, "Your time is up. Go away."

Gale Sayers said something similar. Members of the NFL HOF are just as split on this issue as NFL fans are.

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 06:15 PM
So at the HOF induction ceremony, when all attention should be on the inductees and how they arrived in Canton in those ugly jackets, all anyone commented on was the Brett Favre disaster. Rich.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 06:18 PM
So at the HOF induction ceremony, when all attention should be on the inductees and how they arrived in Canton in those ugly jackets, all anyone commented on was the Brett Favre disaster. Rich.

None of them were seeking out the media to offer an opinion. They were only commenting on the questions they were asked.

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Shouldn't the questions have been geared toward the people in the ugly jackets? And I would have thought that any questions that veered off into outer space should have been met with a firm "this isn't the place."

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 06:23 PM
They should have, I agree, but certainly you can understand why the media would seek out the opinions of other HOF'ers on the topic. This all happened yesterday. Today has been mostly Favre free (other than the ticker at the bottom of the screen).

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Michael Irvin (for what it's worth) said they did not talk about Brett among themselves.......only when asked BY THE MEDIA......
Loved Gales Sayers response.......but then what would you expect from a Bear?

Rastak
08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Michael Irvin (for what it's worth) said they did not talk about Brett among themselves.......only when asked BY THE MEDIA......

Sayers and Brown were the greatest RB's of all time. No dissing Gale Sayers!

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes..........but he was still a BEAR :wink:
And I did enjoy 'Brian's Song'...................

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
i think all these old timers taking sides is ridiculous. well, not ridiculous, but I don't care about their opinion. Anybody who doesn't follow the story closely is likely to prefer David over Goliath.

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Who is David and who is Goliath???

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM

What did Sayers' say?

FritzDontBlitz
08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I bet Deacon Jones still hates on Reggie White for owning the sack title.

oregonpackfan
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM

Sayers and Brown were the greatest RB's of all time. No dissing Gale Sayers!

I agree with Rastak. Gale Sayers was the most elusive running back of all time. Jim Brown was the most powerful running back of all time.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I bet Deacon Jones still hates on Reggie White for owning the sack title.
How does one hate on a dead man. That's just cold man, cold... :cry: