PDA

View Full Version : JAVON WALKER NEARLY RETIRED?

packers11
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
pft.com

WALKER NEARLY RETIRED?
Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2008, 1:13 p.m.
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Raiders receiver Javon Walker told the team on Thursday that he plans to retire. He also was prepared to return his $11 million signing bonus.

Per Mort, owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to stay with the team.

Walker reportedly has been frustrated with his performance during training camp. We previously heard that Davis regards Walker as the key to the team’s fortunes in 2008.

His career has been bizarre, to say the least. After a few so-so seasons upon entering the league as a first-round pick of the Packers, he had a breakout year in 2004. And then he wanted to be paid like an elite wideout, threatened a holdout, caved under pressure from quarterback Brett Favre, tore an ACL in Week One of the 2005 season, was traded to the Broncos in April 2006, had a solid initial season in Denver, witnessed on the night after the finale the shooting death of Darrent Williams from sufficiently close range to have possibly been hit by the bullets, missed significant chunks of 2007 with ongoing knee problems, somehow landed a huge deal with the Raiders in the offseason, and then was abducted and beaten up after a weekend of champagne-spraying in Vegas.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM
He's just trying to regain Brett's approval.

Fritz
08-02-2008, 04:31 PM
it'd be hilarious if Favre ripped Walker for not thinking "team."

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
He also was prepared to return his $11 million signing bonus.

I guess those wonderlic scores mean something after all. :lol:

Actually, I think it is time for JW to get in front of a camera and lecture Favre about doing things the right way.

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Actually, I think it is time for JW to get in front of a camera and lecture Favre about doing things the right way.

Awww crap, now you and I are starting to think alike... :taunt:

The Gunshooter
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I knew the guy was stupid but I had no idea of the absolute depths of his cluelessness. I have officially learned my lesson about second guessing TT.

sheepshead
08-03-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prar_nRwFXY

Fritz
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM

When I first glanced at the title of the thread I thought it read "Javon Wlaker Nearly Retarded." I thought, man, that's harsh...

Scott Campbell
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
A sure fire way to keep him from retiring would be for Al to send Javon his locker - works every time.

DonHutson
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
When I first glanced at the title of the thread I thought it read "Javon Wlaker Nearly Retarded." I thought, man, that's harsh...

Nearly retarded? No.

Clearly retarded? Yes.

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM

:lol: This shit is hilarious. Truly though there is some Karma going on here with Favre talking about unretiring, and Walker talking about retiring. The flip-flop gods are in full effect. :o