PDA

View Full Version : LORD FAVRE FAN OR GB FAN IS THE QUESTION...??!!

MOBB DEEP
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
as a result of gunakor's inquiry i decided to start a thread asking this all-important question

i remember when i started a thread with this topic over at JSO (one of many there and here im sure) and it was VERY interesting and was around for a while

personally ive come to grips over the past decade with the fact that im DEF more a #4 fan than pack in general. it's close at this point but like i posted at JSO very few of my peeps growing up liked the pack organizaiton for several reasons (similar to why folk were shocked God told reggie to go there)

im starving so i'll elaborate in a lil while

true story: i did the superbowl shuffle and took a pic with mcmahon during my freshman year of college in illinois....i ate slept and drank walter payton and dent

but, alas, along comes sharpe (choo choo baby) and the ol' gunslinger

i believe family (more into basketball like most black folk in the late 70s), peers and stage of devlopment impacted me greatly

so be honest people; favre or pack???

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Pack since birth (or maybe slightly before).

The Shadow
08-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Pack, of course.
Players come and go.

Lurker64
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Pack, always and forever. I grew up cheering for Majkowski. Favre's just a great QB to me, nothing more and nothing less.

packinpatland
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I will always be a Packer fan.

'Favre's just a great QB to me, nothing more and nothing less'

Can't say I agree with this statement tho........

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't think I could have been any more clear on my stance in this matter.

PACKERS FOREVER!!!

Lurker64
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM

He's just a player and players come and go, even hall of fame players. When they're playing for my team I cheer for them, when they're playing against my team I cheer against them. When they retire, I mostly remember the good things. I never really saw the appeal in getting attached to the name on the jersey at the expense of loyalty to a team.

digitaldean
08-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Packers.

Even when Sweetness and the Bears were ripping the Packers apart, I cheered for them.

If Favre went to another team that played vs. the Packers, I'd want Favre to be sacked 10 times, throw 6 picks and be blitzed into submission.

As always I'm grateful for #4's contributions to the team. Once he is no longer on the team, I wish him no ill will personally, but will not cheer for him if he plays against the Packers.

cpk1994
08-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Can't say I agree with this statement tho........I can.

Mazzin
08-02-2008, 05:21 PM

Can't say I agree with this statement tho........I can.

Second that. Ive been spoiled for so long, growing up watching Brett Favre. He will always be the only 3 time MVP....but he couldn't have done with without the packers, that were willing to trade for him.

packrat
08-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Having survived the post-Lombardi years as a faithful (and suffering) Packer fan I learned long ago it is about the team, not the individual.

RashanGary
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm more of a Packer fan than a Favre fan but if the Packers were run by a shit front office, I would be a bigger fan of the players who deserve more of an opportunity than the organization that is giving them. If the organization is cheating the fans and players, I will side with the players. This organization is great IMO and with that, I'd take them over a player who thinks he's above his teammates.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
well....???

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
well....???

If Favre is a Packer then I'll root for them both. If Favre is not a Packer then I'll root for the Packers. Nothing has changed.