PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Disappoint?

BallHawk
08-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Who (or whom) will disappoint on the playing field this year for the Pack? Defining disappoint as not meeting the expectations you personally have for them.

I think Collins will disappoint and will soon be replaced.

I think DD's in for a down year. I see him getting banged up and missing some games.

I keep thinking that maybe Bigby will improve against the pass, but I fear he won't.

I think B-Jack will have another average year. I know there are great things coming out about him, but I think he's still one year away.

bobblehead
08-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm officially on the Bigby bandwagon. I think he is going to have a HUGE year.

People who disappoint....My call is babre. I think college beats him out and we wait another year to see babre emerge. which also probably puts me on the college bandwagon..him keeping his job.

boiga
08-03-2008, 12:17 AM
This is such a depressing thread. You're asking who we have high hopes for that will fail...

I suppose the only easy answer to this one is Favre. Odds are good that he will disappoint Packers fans this year.

Jimx29
08-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I fully expect that arod will have a very sub-average season

Lurker64
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I suppose the only easy answer to this one is Favre. Odds are good that he will disappoint Packers fans this year.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!

We have a winner.

GBRulz
08-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Ruvell will stink up the joint, no doubt. :wink:

Bretsky
08-03-2008, 12:40 AM
AROD, Ruvell, and OJ

Gunakor
08-03-2008, 01:06 AM
A-Rod will probably have a sub-par year by Brett Favre standards, but I expect him to have a stellar season by first year starter standards. It's not fair to expect Rodgers to do what a 17 year veteran could do, although I'm sure everybody is going to do just that seeing how this whole thing played out. Had Brett never ever said he wanted to come back in the first place I'm sure people would have given Rodgers a bit of a pass for certain mistakes, but since Favre said he wants to return now Rodgers has to be absolutely perfect or it isn't good enough. That's not fair IMO.

Bigby I think will hold onto the SS spot because of his ability to lay the lumber. Aaron Rouse will hopefully beat out Nick Collins for the FS spot. Bigby/Rouse could be quite the safety tandem for many years to come.

I'm not going to speculate on the OG's, except to say I won't be suprised if Sitton wins a starting spot on the line at some point during the season. Word has it that he's been very impressive so far.

I hope that Jordy Nelson beats out JJ for the #3 WR spot. It's not that I don't like JJ, more that I think Nelson is going to be better in the end and want to see him get as much experience as he can early on.

I am really looking forward to a battle at TE between Finley and Lee. I still think Lee wins this year, but I think it'll be alot closer than some would imagine. Whoever wins, a 2 TE set with both TE's being speedy and athletic enough to stretch the middle of the defense is going to cause headaches for opposing DC's. Especially now that Ryan Grant is back in the mix in the backfield.

sheepshead
08-03-2008, 09:29 AM
The beer guy in section 125. He's been teetering the last few years.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Pk49mVrUKD0/Rv_cgkzI2FI/AAAAAAAAAhU/Eg9sBV2OdYY/s1600-h/1961+Championship-08.jpg

gbgary
08-03-2008, 10:34 AM
not saying they will disappoint but the two most important people with the most to prove are Rodgers and Grant. they'll both have to have a really good year for people not to be disappointed. in fact, they're kinda in a no win situation from this standpoint. the success of one depends on the other. if one of them sucks the other will too.

pbmax
08-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I'd like to list Jolly, Pickett and Harrell, but they have already disappointed by being high on codeine or out of shape. KGB is still injured but that isn't new.

I'll say Jordy Nelson as T2 cannot keep up the streak of having tremendous WR rookie performances. WRs used to hit their stride in year three.

Fritz
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Will Blackmon. This'll be the year we have to face the fact that the guy has a bum foot and will never be able to stay on the field in the NFL.

oregonpackfan
08-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I fear that Justin Harrell will be a major disappointment. With his injuries and his lack of work ethic, he may not even make it on the field this season.

ahaha
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Rouse. I believe Collins is more firmly entrenched as a starter than most people think. Collins may not get the turnovers, but he's extremely athletic. He doesn't get torched and he does a hell of a job in open space.

MJZiggy
08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Can you be disappointed in someone you didn't expect anything out of anyways?

gbgary
08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I fear that Justin Harrell will be a major disappointment.

he's hardly played. if he plays every game it'll be a good year for him.

3irty1
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
As tough as it is for me to admit I think Al Harris is the biggest liability to disappoint this year. I'm hoping his falloff last year was due to playing though more injuries than he's ever had to do before. Wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped in the depth chart before the end of the season.

I've got a funny feeling with all the youth and depth that someone is going to permanently lose a starting spot to a backup who plays like a superstar... just can't decide who yet :wink:

I think Atari Bigby becomes an absolute monster.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
ahhh, hope springs eternal! The first scrimmage of the season, and this is the thread we get from the "Yes We Can" youth!?

DonHutson
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Defining disappoint as not meeting the expectations you personally have for them.

If you expect someone to not meet your expectations, then aren't your expectations actually lower and therefore they are meeting them?

SnakeLH2006
08-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Rouse. I believe Collins is more firmly entrenched as a starter than most people think. Collins may not get the turnovers, but he's extremely athletic. He doesn't get torched and he does a hell of a job in open space.

:shock:

Patler
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
AJ Hawk - but let me explain!!

I think he will be a good, solid player. But I expected him to be great. A game changer. The type of player others are compared to. I don't think he's going to be that type of player, and that will be a bit disappointing.

Guiness
08-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I've got two.

The first is Blackmon. A lot of people are expecting big things out of him, but I think the most we'll get is a good returner. Reports are already saying TWill is the 3rd CB, a position that was his to lose.

The second is not going to be so popular. Grant. I think the amount of camp he's missed, and there's going to be a bit of flashinthepanitis, and a softmore slump to content with.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2008, 11:22 AM
AJ Hawk - but let me explain!

I think he'll be as good as the coaches allow him. I think he'll be a good player, but if he's asked to cover TEs a lot again, most people will think he's disappointing. He's not Patrick Willis, but he's a good starter who I think could be a Pro Bowl player if the coaches let him loose.

I hate this thread.
:D

Unfortunately, I'll pick Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers (depending on who starts) and Al Harris.

Chevelle2
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Favre, Harrell